The Windows 11 Topic

Redstone1080 wrote:

__Falcon-Games__ wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

__Falcon-Games__ wrote:

(#3071)

pkhead wrote:

__Falcon-Games__ wrote:

No annoying backslashes; instead normal slashes.
what's wrong with the choice of backslashes for path separators? other than it not being a unix/posix standard.
One reason i can think of is the fact that you need to escape a backslash in programming languages, but I'm unsure if that's a valid enough reason.
First of all like why, the unix/posix standard makes more sense since we are going through a tree but the backslash seems werid.

Also on my keyboard the backslash character is at the end of the keyboard, the rightest character so it is harder to reach over their to write it then the slash character which is at the bottom.
Windows filesystems were based on CP/M, so this choice was made long enough ago that UNIX wasn't “The Standard,” and changing it would break a lot of Windows apps.
Actually there is a way to change it without breaking Windows apps, just have make it that either backslashes or slashes can be used.
If the app uses PowerShell instead of Command Prompt then either backslashes or slashes can be used.
So they literally already have it, why not just transfer it to Command Prompt and make it throughout the entire Windows ecosystem!

zaid1442011 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

I personally believe Windows 12 will be announced *VERY* soon.
Yes because Microsoft wants cash in their wallets, so after Windows 10 is EOL they would announce Windows 12.
Exactly

gamer20132020 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

Windows 12 is not going to be announced Soonly as windows 11 is still new and people are buying it crazily
They are going to announce Windows 12 soon since numbers mean a lot. Even if they change the simplest thing, they will get tons of sales for Windows 12. There was never a sales increase when Windows 10 added WSL or PowerToys or the improved terminal? There is sales increase when we get to Windows 11 though which didn't even do much? That's the power of marketing.

Try out Noml!
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

__Falcon-Games__ wrote:

Redstone1080 wrote:

If the app uses PowerShell instead of Command Prompt then either backslashes or slashes can be used.
So they literally already have it, why not just transfer it to Command Prompt and make it throughout the entire Windows ecosystem!
Forward slashes work in Command Prompt too, but you need to use quotes. This is a syntax error:
mkdir test/path
This works:
mkdir "test/path"

This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

gamer20132020 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

Windows 12 is not going to be announced Soonly as windows 11 is still new and people are buying it crazily
Look at what happened with Windows 8.1. Windows 10 was released 2 years after Windows 8.1 released.

Yeah, but at least we've learned something today… that every moment of our life should be lived to the fullest because it can be very long or very short, my friend. - Gumball
I felt like I wanted to develop games on here, so I won't leave! (for now)
(last edited 2/8/24)

PPPDUD
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

gamer20132020 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

Look at what happened with Windows 8.1. Windows 10 was released 2 years after Windows 8.1 released.
To add on to that, Windows 8.1 was released 1 year after Windows 8.

Fun fact: If you have malware on a Windows NT device, it's possible that deleting system32 will severely damage the malware. It will also damage your Windows install.

Help keep this topic alive!

The rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat attacked by a terrible president who ate my banana shot down this signature instead of shooting down the TikTok Cell Tower white balloon that probably had a camera bundled with it.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1isnZw.img?w=800&h=435&q=60&m=2&f=jpg
ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

gamer20132020 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

People are definitely not buying Windows 11 like crazy
davidtheplatform
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

ajskateboarder wrote:

gamer20132020 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

the usage has gone down in the past 3 months somehow

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
PPPDUD
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

ajskateboarder wrote:

gamer20132020 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

Actually, on that graph, Windows 11 is the 2nd most popular Windows operating system. That's amazing, considering the popularity of Windows 7 and XP.

Fun fact: If you have malware on a Windows NT device, it's possible that deleting system32 will severely damage the malware. It will also damage your Windows install.

Help keep this topic alive!

The rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat attacked by a terrible president who ate my banana shot down this signature instead of shooting down the TikTok Cell Tower white balloon that probably had a camera bundled with it.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1isnZw.img?w=800&h=435&q=60&m=2&f=jpg
dhuls
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

gamer20132020 wrote:

(#3080)

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

Nobody buys Windows lol.
It's a free upgrade for Windows 10 (which is a free upgrade from Windows 7/8.1), and it usually comes preinstalled with prebuilt PCs.

The exceptions to this are large enterprises (who most likely don't update Windows unless they need to), and PC manufacturers.
davidtheplatform
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

PPPDUD wrote:

ajskateboarder wrote:

gamer20132020 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

Actually, on that graph, Windows 11 is the 2nd most popular Windows operating system. That's amazing, considering the popularity of Windows 7 and XP.
That graph only shows windows computers, not macos or linux. Windows 11 has roughly the same usage as macos. (Android dominates everything else, around 20 points ahead of windows)

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

Redstone1080 wrote:

(#3076)

__Falcon-Games__ wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

__Falcon-Games__ wrote:

(#3071)

pkhead wrote:

__Falcon-Games__ wrote:

No annoying backslashes; instead normal slashes.
what's wrong with the choice of backslashes for path separators? other than it not being a unix/posix standard.
One reason i can think of is the fact that you need to escape a backslash in programming languages, but I'm unsure if that's a valid enough reason.
First of all like why, the unix/posix standard makes more sense since we are going through a tree but the backslash seems werid.

Also on my keyboard the backslash character is at the end of the keyboard, the rightest character so it is harder to reach over their to write it then the slash character which is at the bottom.
Windows filesystems were based on CP/M, so this choice was made long enough ago that UNIX wasn't “The Standard,” and changing it would break a lot of Windows apps.
Actually there is a way to change it without breaking Windows apps, just have make it that either backslashes or slashes can be used.
And most modern programming languages still support both as well.

Forum Clout: 232,655. Alright, who ate my Kumquats? Finally foruming again. Support for reasons in OP and no support for all the other reasons.

Enjoy my music.

[small]non-member post, take whatever I say with a hint of salt and remember there's no authority behind it[/small]
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

PPPDUD wrote:

(#3087)

ajskateboarder wrote:

gamer20132020 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

They are popular, but very few people still use them as they are out of support. You can even see on the graph that many people jumped straight from Win7 to 11.

Forum Clout: 232,655. Alright, who ate my Kumquats? Finally foruming again. Support for reasons in OP and no support for all the other reasons.

Enjoy my music.

[small]non-member post, take whatever I say with a hint of salt and remember there's no authority behind it[/small]
ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

PPPDUD wrote:

ajskateboarder wrote:

gamer20132020 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

If Windows 11 was actually innovative, the market share for it would jump to like 40%… but 20% isn't so great for an OS which has been around for over 2 years now and is the successor to Windows 10

Last edited by ajskateboarder (Sept. 7, 2023 12:39:00)

zaid1442011
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

Bruh even @griffpatch is using Windows 10.

I am a guy who codes weird stuff. Don’t check my GitHub only if you want stupid HTML pages (or something to host them). Check my platformer if you want to see something to see.

Profiles: GitHub.
You won't understand stuff in my signature because I talk about stuff in the ATs (Advanced Topics).
Check out this song for @griffpatch https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/887382049/

TheSmartGuy1234
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

help guys how do I update my windows 11 to windows 10?

It's AF day in my timzone.

ST: celebrate AF day in your timezones
Me: I live in new zealand
ST: oh no nononono

you use
sudo sh -c 'echo "text" > file'
No, professionals use
echo 'text' | sudo tee file 1> /dev/null

Scroll* for more!

what are @SIMIA1358 and @TPRATTAY doing!??!?!
(2023/11/04 YEAR-MM-DD)
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/652044/?page=222#post-7453472
griffpatch appel is broken

Za_Chary wrote:

Games snippet:
10. yFzZ3MgsySzJLMv8yBzIfMqcynzJ04zLbMi8yNzJvNjM2KzYPNgsybzJLMi8yOzYzMk8yHzY3MmMyhzKrNlcytzYnMpcy6Ncy3zJLNoMyCzI7NisyQzL7Mhc2QzYrMkcyUzI7MisyBzKjNicyfzLHMrMymzJnMocygzYk
AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

TheSmartGuy1234 wrote:

(#3094)

*snorts and adjusts glasses*

Well acktually, it's not upgrading, it's downgrading since Windows 11 is more recent than Windows 10.

I've hit unc status on Scratch
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

TheSmartGuy1234 wrote:

(#3094)

Well acktually, it's not upgrading, it's downgrading since Windows 11 is more recent than Windows 10.
Actually wouldn't Win 11 to 7 be an upgrade because that makes it better

Last edited by medians (Sept. 8, 2023 23:23:53)

Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

medians wrote:

(#3096)

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

TheSmartGuy1234 wrote:

(#3094)

Upgrading is the process of replacing a product with a newer version of the same product

I've hit unc status on Scratch
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

medians wrote:

(#3096)

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

TheSmartGuy1234 wrote:

(#3094)

Upgrading is the process of replacing a product with a newer version of the same product
Windows 7 feels newer to me okay

Last edited by medians (Sept. 9, 2023 02:09:59)

Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
davidtheplatform
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

medians wrote:

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

medians wrote:

(#3096)

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

TheSmartGuy1234 wrote:

(#3094)

Windows 7 feels newer to me okay
Windows 7 was the best IMO. Then they got rid of all the customization and aero themes

zaid1442011
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

medians wrote:

(#3096)

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

TheSmartGuy1234 wrote:

(#3094)

Wrong. It is the process of replacing a product to a better version.

I am a guy who codes weird stuff. Don’t check my GitHub only if you want stupid HTML pages (or something to host them). Check my platformer if you want to see something to see.

Profiles: GitHub.
You won't understand stuff in my signature because I talk about stuff in the ATs (Advanced Topics).
Check out this song for @griffpatch https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/887382049/