Discuss Scratch

Econinja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

MeIoetta wrote:

what's up robloxalert nation im your host gueststar let's get roll into the news

roblox annouced body parts can have only one color and want to remove colours for each body part SO MAKE OUTFITS FAST
also they randomly tagged word “the”
I thought someone would post this and now ^
also their removing some body colours so GO FAST
will someone make green sludge with the new avatar editor? I guess maybe.

Last edited by Econinja (Feb. 23, 2017 18:13:00)

“Honestly, is he serious?” ~ Stoffel Vandoorne
“GP2 Engine, GP2, AAARGH!” ~ Fernando Alonso
“I've tried already, try yourself” ~ Fernando Alonso
“Now we can fight!” ~ Fernando Alonso
Proud McLaren Renault Fan rip alonso

please note: I've essentially left the website to do other stuff full time. please do not message me about anything on my Scratch profile or bother me about Scratch elsewhere, I will probably not respond.
TealWashableMarker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

TealWashableMarker wrote:

I sometimes wonder if Roblox is trying to make itself terrible.

Just kidding, i wondered that just now.
well. if they would keep tix for visits and make making games easier, people would make too much money and everyone would be rich, making roblox boring and people slowly going away.

i love jellyfish
Captain_Purple
Scratcher
100+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

MeIoetta wrote:

well. if they would keep tix for visits and make making games easier, people would make too much money and everyone would be rich, making roblox boring and people slowly going away.
Honestly, I don't see why ROBLOX would get boring because everyone was rich.
MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

Captain_Purple wrote:

MeIoetta wrote:

because if everyone was rich, there would be no stuff to be proud about.

i love jellyfish
lightspeedmind134
Scratcher
100+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

MeIoetta wrote:

Captain_Purple wrote:

MeIoetta wrote:

because if everyone was rich, there would be no stuff to be proud about.
true, but i wish that we could have some personalization clothing without paying somehow, excluding the event items.
PecanPi314
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

lightspeedmind134 wrote:

jji10 wrote:

IgDegOo wrote:

jji10 wrote:

IgDegOo wrote:

PhoenixsunDown wrote:

O O M P H

But seriously, I used to play this game. I wanna play it again.
you wouldn't want to play it again it's an awful game
It isn't an awful game itself but the rude, immature 6 year olds (no offence, 6 year olds of Scratch, you guys are mostly good) that really put me off.
but what about the ways roblox attempt to make money

There's also this in the Parents section:
Roblox uses a state-of-the-art filtering system that actively filters for inappropriate chat everywhere on the site and in-game.
They might as well just filter out everything in chat. And removing TIX was one of the worst things they could have done.
roblox removed tix so that only Builders Club members can customize themselves (unless one is able to make a good game with gamepasses, even then there has to be enough people playing your game for them to want to buy the game pass, even THEN one only receives part of the payment), and roblox seems to slowly be removing chat to rid of expressing one's self verbally. We might as well all play as guests. I'm not getting builders club anytime soon until they allow us to use some more vocabulary, and until we get an alternative for tix/get tix back, or they could have a free currency and a certain “store” for this currency. And about the chat, I believe this was because of an incident in which there was a much older player “chatting” with an eight-year-old girl in a disapproving way. While we all know that Roblox is trying to support this young girl and others that have experienced the same scenario, they should just let their players be exposed to how the internet responds to one another via chat, and encourage them to use the report button when someone isn't acting the right way, even if it is a friend.

ok why did I even try to write this ._.
I feel like Roblox is tumbling down the hill of terribleness. Not quite there yet, but approaching it.

in west philadelphia born and raised

jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

PecanPi314 wrote:

lightspeedmind134 wrote:

jji10 wrote:

IgDegOo wrote:

jji10 wrote:

IgDegOo wrote:

PhoenixsunDown wrote:

O O M P H

It isn't an awful game itself but the rude, immature 6 year olds (no offence, 6 year olds of Scratch, you guys are mostly good) that really put me off.

Roblox uses a state-of-the-art filtering system that actively filters for inappropriate chat everywhere on the site and in-game.
They might as well just filter out everything in chat. And removing TIX was one of the worst things they could have done.
roblox removed tix so that only Builders Club members can customize themselves (unless one is able to make a good game with gamepasses, even then there has to be enough people playing your game for them to want to buy the game pass, even THEN one only receives part of the payment), and roblox seems to slowly be removing chat to rid of expressing one's self verbally. We might as well all play as guests. I'm not getting builders club anytime soon until they allow us to use some more vocabulary, and until we get an alternative for tix/get tix back, or they could have a free currency and a certain “store” for this currency. And about the chat, I believe this was because of an incident in which there was a much older player “chatting” with an eight-year-old girl in a disapproving way. While we all know that Roblox is trying to support this young girl and others that have experienced the same scenario, they should just let their players be exposed to how the internet responds to one another via chat, and encourage them to use the report button when someone isn't acting the right way, even if it is a friend.

ok why did I even try to write this ._.
I feel like Roblox is tumbling down the hill of terribleness. Not quite there yet, but approaching it.
IMHO, it's been at the bottom for a while now.

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
StackMasher
Scratcher
100+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

MeIoetta wrote:

Most people's games never get any attention, and I remember although there was a tux -> robux conversion system, I was never actually able to save up enough robux to buy a decent item. So I don't see how “everyone getting rich” would be a problem

There's no point in defending a corporation's greed
MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

StackMasher wrote:

MeIoetta wrote:

Most people's games never get any attention, and I remember although there was a tux -> robux conversion system, I was never actually able to save up enough robux to buy a decent item. So I don't see how “everyone getting rich” would be a problem

There's no point in defending a corporation's greed
it's just like stock exchange
you know if rating systems sticked to it roblox would be rated 18+ like pokemon gold

i love jellyfish
PhoenixsunDown
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

oomph

Shorty?! Could a shorty do this?! What else do you want to call me: a half-pint bean-sprout midget?! I'm still growing you backwater desert idiots! I'LL BREAK DOWN YOUR FEET AND STICK 'EM ONTO YOUR HEAD!

MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

PhoenixsunDown wrote:

oomph
no spam pls

i love jellyfish
raspykoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

jji10 wrote:

IgDegOo wrote:

jji10 wrote:

IgDegOo wrote:

PhoenixsunDown wrote:

O O M P H

They filter every single word.
I hate roblox but it's playable so I play it all of the time.
Captain_Purple
Scratcher
100+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

raspykoo wrote:

“ikr” and “ik”(short for “I know, right?” and “I know”) get censored, too.
TealWashableMarker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

Captain_Purple wrote:

raspykoo wrote:

“ikr” and “ik”(short for “I know, right?” and “I know”) get censored, too.
I remember I was playing Adopt and Raise a Cute Kid, and I was some sort of animal (I don't remember what), and I typed something like “Nameless / Stray” as my roleplay name and it got tagged…
pianogirl84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

If I haven't posted here already, I'm pianogirl84 on there as well, although I'm not very active My brother's really active though, so you could friend him @bookman28

if you're seeing this bc you're reading one of my old posts, i'm so sorry

i’m also @holoitsnatalie and @aesthetes on here
Econinja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

RIP all 13- users. Numbers will now be filtered.
Oh, and that update rolled out today.

Last edited by Econinja (Feb. 25, 2017 18:19:52)

“Honestly, is he serious?” ~ Stoffel Vandoorne
“GP2 Engine, GP2, AAARGH!” ~ Fernando Alonso
“I've tried already, try yourself” ~ Fernando Alonso
“Now we can fight!” ~ Fernando Alonso
Proud McLaren Renault Fan rip alonso

please note: I've essentially left the website to do other stuff full time. please do not message me about anything on my Scratch profile or bother me about Scratch elsewhere, I will probably not respond.
lucasgoode
Scratcher
8 posts

Roblox Official Topic

I really only go on Roblox anymore to trade limiteds and invest other than trolling or the occasional edgy hangout game.
My user is Wowzuh.
raspykoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

Econinja wrote:

RIP all 13- users. Numbers will now be filtered.
Oh, and that update rolled out today.

My account was made for somebody who was under 13- they were 5 years old at the time, and it was 2010, they were a year or two under my age, which was 6-8 years old. We used a guest account at the time for a few months, and in 2011 we created an account . I actually picked my username for them, that I didn't know that I would use that username for the rest of my time online: Raspykoo.. We played games on the same account- it was very fun. The good thing about those old days was that there was no filter for those under 13, there was safe chat unless you registered a parent account. And we did. If you registered a parent account, you would get access to free-chat, which was great.

A few years later (now) when parent accounts were removed, it started getting stricter, and stricter, and then I couldn't even chat with anybody anymore. It's sad, really. Now I just play games without chatting.

The good news, is that in 2017 that once 5 year old will turn 13, but only at the end of this year.

Last edited by raspykoo (Feb. 28, 2017 15:04:04)

Captain_Purple
Scratcher
100+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

I can imagine this situation happening in ROBLOX.
Kid: “how old do you have to be to say numbers?”
Other Kid: “##”
“########”
“agh”