Discuss Scratch

raspykoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

MeIoetta wrote:

raspykoo wrote:

Econinja wrote:

(this is relevant info so it ain't a nerco) (also last time I checked it was 13 days from the last post) (600th post! w00t!)
Roblox changed their logo.

Here's a link to the blog post about the change
A tl;dr: Roblox previously had 4 ‘generations’ of logos. This is their 5th logo (although arguably, the 4th and 3rd are basically nearly the same thing). It's a tilted square (to replace the ‘R’) and looks seriously simplistic.
===
I just feel like they overdone the simplicity wayy too much. It's now more like they're wanting to blend in with the crowd more rather than being more bold with their logo.

I don't like it.
The second o looks like a swastika
And yeah, it looks too simple.

I also logged in and realized they changed the “home” button.
why do you all guys only try to find hidden messages

but i spotted it on my first try geez.

(and also, i'm technically not a guy. i'm biologically a girl, but sometimes I might think I am a guy. It's complicated)

Last edited by raspykoo (Jan. 10, 2017 14:31:00)

raspykoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

MeIoetta wrote:

Captain_Purple wrote:

What are your favorite games on Roblox?

Here are a few of mine(With average amount of players):
Traitor Town(Around 200 players)
Framed!(About 150)
MM2(Over 10,000, should appear on the front page)
Purple Skittles(5 players)
Mashables(About 40)
Undead Nation(Around 10)
Attack Of The Slimes(0 )
Deception Infection(0 )
Notoriety(About 600-700)
Phantom Forces(About 6,500)

Top 3 Most Played:
Traitor Town
Notoriety
Undead Nation

Friend me if you want. I'm Purploxious. Tell me yours so I don't click ignore(I don't usually friend random strangers that I just meet. Let me get to know you!).
all these great 2012 games like:
Jet wars (in 2012)
Ro-force airbase (in 2012)

I joined Roblox in 2010 as a guest, and then signed up in 2011, but I like all of the popular games. The 2011 game choices weren't as good, and weren't as interactive. I also like games with a bunch of people online because I enjoy company. My username is the same as my Roblox name, Raspykoo. In fact Roblox is where I came up of my username when I was 7.

Games that I play (in most played to least played)-
RoCitizens
Clone Tycoon
Speed Run 4
Survive The Natural Disasters 2 (love how they revamped the place!)
Design It!
Fashion Frenzy
IgDegOo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

Econinja wrote:

(this is relevant info so it ain't a nerco) (also last time I checked it was 13 days from the last post) (600th post! w00t!)

A tl;dr: Roblox previously had 4 ‘generations’ of logos. This is their 5th logo (although arguably, the 4th and 3rd are basically nearly the same thing). It's a tilted square (to replace the ‘R’) and looks seriously simplistic.
===
I just feel like they overdone the simplicity wayy too much. It's now more like they're wanting to blend in with the crowd more rather than being more bold with their logo.
Ooh, lets see what this looks like.
*click*
are you serious
a 6-year old could make that in MS PAINT.
MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

IgDegOo wrote:

Econinja wrote:

===
*click*
are you serious
They lowered the budget again

i love jellyfish
EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

Econinja wrote:

===
While I do agree it looks way too simple, I feel like they're trying to give off a mondern (Can't spell??) tone and it somehow worked?

IgDegOo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

MeIoetta wrote:

IgDegOo wrote:

Econinja wrote:

===
*click*
are you serious
I'm pretty sure ROBLOX have loads of money

I really hope they don't replace the stud texture. That will look horrible.
Also this.
TealWashableMarker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

The new Roblox logo is completely unacceptable. Just goes to show even more that the Roblox team are greedy pigs who couldn't care less about the quality of what they're making, they just want money, money, money.
EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

TealWashableMarker wrote:

The new Roblox logo is completely unacceptable. Just goes to show even more that the Roblox team are greedy pigs who couldn't care less about the quality of what they're making, they just want money, money, money.
the only people that actually does some effort on the site is the people who makes the good games tbh

IgDegOo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

“Our new anthem film demonstrates how we have incorporated dynamic motion into the tilted “o” to create an optical illusion that conveys the spirit of play and boundless creation. We will use the tilted “o” for use in icons throughout the product. ”
how is that an optical illusion
also that picture is so cringey
MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

IgDegOo wrote:

MeIoetta wrote:

IgDegOo wrote:

Econinja wrote:

===
*click*
are you serious
I'm pretty sure ROBLOX have loads of money

I really hope they don't replace the stud texture. That will look horrible.
Also this.
idk what is a cheezit they don't sell it in poland
also yes but they are greedy
look at all awesome declined games
why?
BECAUSE THEY NO MORE PAY YOU FOR PEOPLE VISITING YOUR PLACE!!!
EVERYONE'S POOR NOW! (expect people that pay)

meanwhile at roblox hq Alright boys! We're done! Here's your payout *gives a small payout of a million dollars*

i love jellyfish
IgDegOo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

MeIoetta wrote:

https://www.cheezit.com/content/dam/cheezit/img/crackers/crackers_desktop.png
Does that look familiar?
Highlight below if you don't know rhymes lol:
It looks like the tilted O
BaconAndEggs1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

Yeah, that logo's a pretty big step back. Then again, from a company that's been taking many steps backward in recent times, I should have expected that.
To lighten things up though, any games anyone would recommend? The one thing that keeps taking me back to this game every few months is when there's a noteworthy new game to try from the community.

lightspeedmind134
Scratcher
100+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

Econinja wrote:

===
I can only agree. it was like tasting unprepared oatmeal ._.
Econinja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

@all above: Thanks for using words that I wouldn't even dare using because ‘constructive criticism’ like: ugly, unprepared oatmeal, cheez-itz and that very disturbing hidden meaning.
===
Now accessory dropping is getting removed. yey. (IMO tho it wasn't really necessary…)
===

BaconAndEggs1 wrote:

To lighten things up though, any games anyone would recommend? The one thing that keeps taking me back to this game every few months is when there's a noteworthy new game to try from the community.
*checks recent games*
Alright, here's some which I think are ‘good enough’ and are simulations (my favourite kind of Roblox games ) (actually 2):
Dymanic Ship Simulator: Drive ships, duh.
A Place With Airliners (APWA): Although deprecated, it still is a fun game to play, even more so when you've got more people around. It's lots of banter and fun!
Or just browse through my favourite games

“Honestly, is he serious?” ~ Stoffel Vandoorne
“GP2 Engine, GP2, AAARGH!” ~ Fernando Alonso
“I've tried already, try yourself” ~ Fernando Alonso
“Now we can fight!” ~ Fernando Alonso
Proud McLaren Renault Fan rip alonso

please note: I've essentially left the website to do other stuff full time. please do not message me about anything on my Scratch profile or bother me about Scratch elsewhere, I will probably not respond.
raspykoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

raspykoo wrote:

MeIoetta wrote:

Captain_Purple wrote:

What are your favorite games on Roblox?

Here are a few of mine(With average amount of players):
Traitor Town(Around 200 players)
Framed!(About 150)
MM2(Over 10,000, should appear on the front page)
Purple Skittles(5 players)
Mashables(About 40)
Undead Nation(Around 10)
Attack Of The Slimes(0 )
Deception Infection(0 )
Notoriety(About 600-700)
Phantom Forces(About 6,500)

Top 3 Most Played:
Traitor Town
Notoriety
Undead Nation

Friend me if you want. I'm Purploxious. Tell me yours so I don't click ignore(I don't usually friend random strangers that I just meet. Let me get to know you!).
all these great 2012 games like:
Jet wars (in 2012)
Ro-force airbase (in 2012)

I joined Roblox in 2010 as a guest, and then signed up in 2011, but I like all of the popular games. The 2011 game choices weren't as good, and weren't as interactive. I also like games with a bunch of people online because I enjoy company. My username is the same as my Roblox name, Raspykoo. In fact Roblox is where I came up of my username when I was 7.

Games that I play (in most played to least played)-
RoCitizens
Clone Tycoon
Speed Run 4
Survive The Natural Disasters 2 (love how they revamped the place!)
Design It!
Fashion Frenzy

nobody listens to my game choices because I have a bad taste.
raspykoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

Econinja wrote:

@all above: Thanks for using words that I wouldn't even dare using because ‘constructive criticism’ like: ugly, unprepared oatmeal, cheez-itz and that very disturbing hidden meaning.
===
Now accessory dropping is getting removed. yey. (IMO tho it wasn't really necessary…)
===

BaconAndEggs1 wrote:

*checks recent games*
Alright, here's some which I think are ‘good enough’ and are simulations (my favourite kind of Roblox games ) (actually 2):
Dymanic Ship Simulator: Drive ships, duh.
A Place With Airliners (APWA): Although deprecated, it still is a fun game to play, even more so when you've got more people around. It's lots of banter and fun!
Or just browse through my favourite games

I like playing games that actually have people online…
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

lightspeedmind134 wrote:

Econinja wrote:

===
I can only agree. it was like tasting unprepared oatmeal ._.
They've always focused on the R in the logo, so that's probably why changing the focus to the O is bringing so much attention

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
raspykoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

Econinja wrote:

===
===

okay I fixed my message
The second letter looks like a removed by the scratch policeo made up of man-eating unicorns- please do not point out symbols from disturbing events in history.
MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

IgDegOo wrote:

MeIoetta wrote:

https://www.cheezit.com/content/dam/cheezit/img/crackers/crackers_desktop.png
Does that look familiar?
Highlight below if you don't know rhymes lol:
It looks like the tilted O
oh

i love jellyfish
Econinja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox Official Topic

And as the logo change needed just a tad bit more publicity
Yes, fellow Scratchers that ever went on Roblox,
They are making HATS with the new logo.
As if that wasn't enough:
THE OLD HATS ARE STILL ON SALE.
Thankfully, normal Robloxians actually now officially refer to this new logo as a ‘cheez-it’. Looks like sometimes Scratch and Roblox have more things in common than we think.
===
If anyone wants my opinion on the new Roblox Studio logo… no comment. It's a step back from the meaning of creating something and uploading it on to The Imagination Platform*.
*Trademark of Roblox 2017
===
Challange #1 of the R.O.T:
Make the Roblox logo in a project on Scratch with the Scratch Paint Editor in bitmap.
Since some of you said it could be made in MS Paint, shouldn't it also be done on Scratch?
Post it on meh profile (to not clutter up the topic)

Last edited by Econinja (Jan. 11, 2017 08:59:52)

“Honestly, is he serious?” ~ Stoffel Vandoorne
“GP2 Engine, GP2, AAARGH!” ~ Fernando Alonso
“I've tried already, try yourself” ~ Fernando Alonso
“Now we can fight!” ~ Fernando Alonso
Proud McLaren Renault Fan rip alonso

please note: I've essentially left the website to do other stuff full time. please do not message me about anything on my Scratch profile or bother me about Scratch elsewhere, I will probably not respond.