Discuss Scratch

dhritikothari16
Scratcher
54 posts

The Pain of Love

The Pain of Love

Forward:

I touched the ring.

A stinging pain shot up my arm. Electricity found its way in.

The current traveled through my nerves, every normal particle turned electrical. The air in the room seemed to disappear, the walls closed in, and the pain increased. Breathing wasn’t possible. I dropped to the stone cold floor, my energy draining out of me. The particles stitched itself to my skin, becoming a part of me. A blinding light blurred my vision, I couldn't feel.

The pain was unbearable. My scream got lost in the stone walls.

Every rational brain cell told me to remove the ring, but my heart told me to bear it. This is what mum wanted the tiny voice whispered, this is what mum sacrificed her life for.

There’s no going back now.

This was the ‘ForWaRD’ leave a message for any mistakes/improvements! critique is appreciated!

word count: 132 words
proof reader/s - @cwhq_prishar12
@qhostsonq

Last edited by dhritikothari16 (March 25, 2021 08:52:18)

uHm
Read my story -
'The spark before the blaze'
- Fiery
cwhq_prishar12
Scratcher
3 posts

The Pain of Love

This is SO good, in one part in the beginning it say's ‘electricity/electrical’ many times, i think it would sound better if you did something like "The current /energy/static (Or whatever you want) traveled…"?

It was GREAT though. <333
dhritikothari16
Scratcher
54 posts

The Pain of Love

cwhq_prishar12 wrote:

This is SO good, in one part in the beginning it say's ‘electricity/electrical’ many times, i think it would sound better if you did something like "The current /energy/static (Or whatever you want) traveled…"?

It was GREAT though. <333
AHHHH- ty, *AddES you as a Proofreader* I agree with you on the it says ‘electricity/electrical’ WAYYYY too many times. MORE critique is always appreciated!!

uHm
Read my story -
- Fiery
qhostsonq
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Pain of Love

What about ‘pain shot THROUGH my arm’ and instead of normal, ordinary? And, maybe: 'This is what mum wantedthe tiny voice whispered. This was what she sacrificed her whole life for.

I really love the story! It's so suspenseful and foreboding.

Last edited by qhostsonq (March 25, 2021 04:40:48)

heyo
dhritikothari16
Scratcher
54 posts

The Pain of Love

qhostsonq wrote:

What about ‘pain shot THROUGH my arm’ and instead of normal, ordinary? And, maybe: 'This is what mum wantedthe tiny voice whispered. This was what she sacrificed her whole life for.

I really love the story! It's so suspenseful and foreboding.
AHHH- TYSMM, for the ‘pain shot THROUGH my arm’ i don't really know whether i like that better or i like ‘pain shot UP my arm’ i'm still debating on that for the normal and ordinary again i'm debating on that, and again i'm not sure which one sounds better, Whole life or without the life, but again THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THE ADVICEEEE <3333, means a lot

uHm
Read my story -
- Fiery
Firetender
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Pain of Love

okay, uh, first of all- this is absolutely beautiful, what the heck?? :00 just 130 words, and i'm already hooked.

i'd personally put a paragraph break between the “breathing wasn't possible” and “i dropped to the stone cold floor,” but that's just personal preference. : ) i also think that in “a blinding light blurred my vision, i couldn't feel,” the comma should be a semicolon since they're two independent clauses. in one sentence, i noticed that the formatting of punctuation was slightly off; i believe it should be, "This is what mum wanted, the tiny voice whispered. This is what mum sacrificed her life for.

all in all, though, those are all small errors!! i just have a habit of noticing the small grammatical issues. : ) this was really beautiful, though, and i can't wait to read more!

fi | any pronouns
except she/her :)

follow gigi & percy <3
bluefox_fvuytfbyg
Scratcher
35 posts

The Pain of Love

this is AMAZING!!

Check out my Profile! Look at my Projects! Follow my Followers! And I hope your day's been good!
Grey_Dove
Scratcher
35 posts

The Pain of Love

Firetender wrote:

okay, uh, first of all- this is absolutely beautiful, what the heck?? :00 just 130 words, and i'm already hooked.

i'd personally put a paragraph break between the “breathing wasn't possible” and “i dropped to the stone cold floor,” but that's just personal preference. : ) i also think that in “a blinding light blurred my vision, i couldn't feel,” the comma should be a semicolon since they're two independent clauses. in one sentence, i noticed that the formatting of punctuation was slightly off; i believe it should be, "This is what mum wanted, the tiny voice whispered. This is what mum sacrificed her life for.

all in all, though, those are all small errors!! i just have a habit of noticing the small grammatical issues. : ) this was really beautiful, though, and i can't wait to read more!
gah- I forGOT AbouT tHIS sToRY- THANKSSSSS I don't mind the punctuation corrections, I personally suck at punctuation. TvT THANK YOU SO MUCH- I- THIS MEANS A LOT

FAIRY TALES FTW <333 *SWC*
Grey_Dove
Scratcher
35 posts

The Pain of Love

Firetender wrote:

ALSO THIS IS MY NEW ACCOUNT

Grey_Dove
Scratcher
35 posts

The Pain of Love

The Pain of Love

Forward:

I touched the ring.

The current traveled through my nerves, every normal particle turned electrical. The air in the room seemed to disappear, the walls closed in, and the pain increased. Breathing wasn’t possible.

I dropped to the stone cold floor, my energy draining out of me. The particles stitched itself to my skin, becoming a part of me. A blinding light blurred my vision, I couldn't feel.

Every rational brain cell told me to remove the ring, but my heart told me to bear it. “This is what mum wanted” , the tiny voice whispered, “This is what mum sacrificed her life for.”

This was the ‘ForWaRD’ leave a message for any mistakes/improvements! critique is appreciated!

@qhostsonq
@Firetender

Last edited by Grey_Dove (April 20, 2021 15:26:34)

Grey_Dove
Scratcher
35 posts

The Pain of Love

bluefox_fvuytfbyg wrote:

this is AMAZING!!
acckkkk- THANKSSSSSS, THIS IS MY NEW ACCOUNT BY THE WAYY-

s9226403
Scratcher
66 posts

The Pain of Love

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH HGBTVFGFED

Hiya! I'm Dani! My favorite fandoms are Harry Potter, MHA, and Stranger Things! I love writing, drawing, cooking, and reading! I'm currently working on a book. I LOVE Vengeance, EitS, and The Facility!I am also a bisexual Christian.

'Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic.' - J.K. Rowling
psst! read Down the Well too!
Grey_Dove
Scratcher
35 posts

The Pain of Love

s9226403 wrote:

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH HGBTVFGFED
AHHHH- TYSMMM- I- THIS IS MY NEW ACCOUNT! THIS MEANS A LOTTTT TYSM

Grey_Dove
Scratcher
35 posts

The Pain of Love

dhritikothari16 wrote:

The Pain of Love

Forward:

I touched the ring.

The current traveled through my nerves, every normal particle turned electrical. The air in the room seemed to disappear, the walls closed in, and the pain increased. Breathing wasn’t possible. I dropped to the stone cold floor, my energy draining out of me. The particles stitched itself to my skin, becoming a part of me. A blinding light blurred my vision, I couldn't feel.

Every rational brain cell told me to remove the ring, but my heart told me to bear it. This is what mum wanted the tiny voice whispered, this is what mum sacrificed her life for.

@qhostsonq