Discuss Scratch

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LIST OF REJECTED SUGGESTIONS (READ BEFORE SUGGESTING ANYTHING)

monstermash3 wrote:

Should increasing the 60 second rule be added?
Source: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/233637/?page=5#post-2731211
Putting that in a part of the “removing 60 second rule” probably would be good, like my suggestion to add “dislike button” to this list was added under the “rating projects” thing.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
adobe-brick
Scratcher
52 posts

I think a x^y operation would be really useful
((x) ^ (y))

https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/25149859/ <~~~~~ Go here if you need help with anything scratch related, the people there will be happy to help.
FancyFoxy
Scratcher
500+ posts

adobe-brick wrote:

I think a x^y operation would be really useful
((x) ^ (y))
Please make a separate topic for this, as it is more likely to be noticed anyways. It's off-topic from this topic.
Actually, that's a duplicate, so you might as well not make a topic.

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE. THIS MEANS IT IS AN AUTOMATIC MESSAGE THAT APPEARS AT THE BOTTOM OF ALL MY POSTS.
Hi! I'm FancyFoxy! I create animations and games that were never, EVER meant to be taken seriously.
FancyFoxy Heroes and #Thanksgiving are some of my latest projects, check them out!
Charles12310
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LionHeart70 wrote:

monstermash3 wrote:

Putting that in a part of the “removing 60 second rule” probably would be good, like my suggestion to add “dislike button” to this list was added under the “rating projects” thing.
Increasing The 60 Second Rule
60 - 120 second rule is already enough to prevent large amounts of spam. Besides, nobody likes it when they have to wait 3 minutes until they could post again, when a post they typed took only 80 seconds to make.

A few internet communication companies want to corrupt the internet by getting rid of net neutrality. Stop Them!
290Scratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jvvg wrote:

11. Off-topic/misc. section on forums
One used to exist (available here), but it was shut down due to a large amount
of “flame wars” and difficulty moderating.
Aww… I would've liked one… But I understand why it was shut down. BTW it was easier to copy from the actual post.

This is my forum signature, here it's okay to… forget it, you've probably seen hundreds of these signatures before.
https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ <— Click this funny and not suspicious link to get Scratch 4 early!

Joined at the age of 8 and somehow I'm still alive and decently semi-active on the forums.

(Reminder to take care of yourself and stay safe, the world is wild after all)

https://ecosia.org it's good trust me
aking_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jvvg wrote:

2. Private messaging
When communication is public, people are more likely to be respectful because they know that everyone can see it. However, when posting PMs, people know that only the intended recipient can see it, so don't think as much before posting. Even if a “Flag PM” function is implemented, the Scratch Team currently does not have the resources to moderate it, because of the reason I said before there would be a lot of inappropriate/disrespectful messages

Not on some of the threads I've seen lol

Oh and I suggest adding “add ads” because lots of people have been requesting this recently and it is just a bad idea.

Last edited by aking_ (Aug. 13, 2017 23:09:25)

Throws up the deuces and walks out like a G
I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

you should add “Advertisements” to the list, (here is why:https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/273464/?page=1#post-2777798)

under penalty of law this signature is not to be removed except by the consumer
yzyzyz
Scratcher
500+ posts

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

you should add “Advertisements” to the list, (here is why:https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/273464/?page=1#post-2777798)
I also think that should be added.

hi! I'm yzyzyz, the owner of the #bring_it_back studio, a sticky, 400+ projects and 500+ posts.
I am an active scratcher.
advertise in my signature!
ad:Urgently need a popular animation? If you do, check out Every Time I Share A Project, by Randomness-TV!
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Charles12310 wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

monstermash3 wrote:

Increasing The 60 Second Rule
60 - 120 second rule is already enough to prevent large amounts of spam. Besides, nobody likes it when they have to wait 3 minutes until they could post again, when a post they typed took only 80 seconds to make.
I'd reword it to something along the lines of:
The 60 second rule doesn't really have any problems, it's not too long but not too short either. Increasing it would reduce forum activity greatly, which isn't what we want. Plus, it'd cause a lot of mental pain and frustration among many users, which also isn't good.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add “Uploading Projects Anonymously” to the rejected list:

cheddargirl wrote:

We want to keep the site safe and friendly or everyone. For us, that means being able to tell which-account-uploaded-what-project instead of heavily relying on an IP as the only traceable information for a project.

Charles12310
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WolfCat67 wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

We want to keep the site safe and friendly or everyone. For us, that means being able to tell which-account-uploaded-what-project instead of heavily relying on an IP as the only traceable information for a project.
PROOF: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/273192/?page=2#post-2781584

cheddargirl wrote:

I would disagree on the idea of those types of sites being “completely fine” in the context of the Scratch Community Guidelines.

We want to keep the site safe and friendly or everyone. For us, that means being able to tell which-account-uploaded-what-project instead of heavily relying on an IP as the only traceable information for a project. Closing thread as rejected suggestion.

A few internet communication companies want to corrupt the internet by getting rid of net neutrality. Stop Them!
I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Charles12310 wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

I would disagree on the idea of those types of sites being “completely fine” in the context of the Scratch Community Guidelines.

We want to keep the site safe and friendly or everyone. For us, that means being able to tell which-account-uploaded-what-project instead of heavily relying on an IP as the only traceable information for a project. Closing thread as rejected suggestion.

yes, it should be added,

oh, and advertisements

Charles12310
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

Charles12310 wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

yes, it should be added,

oh, and advertisements
I feel Paddle2See misunderstood (not 100% accurate, please do not argue or complain, if this is wrong) about advertisements that are like ROBLOX, you know how they advertise projects/games and stuff?

I mean, Paddle2See did say it's fine to advertise because of Show and Tell and the motto, but Ads could promote other stuff including inappropriate content and scams. It would also ruin the website by look and community.

GameOnKid
Scratcher
1 post

hi also i want to say that a new thing be nice join my my team and help me find i way to do all the ideas surprise projects love it come help me do all our ideas at @gameonkid scratch.mit.edu
I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GameOnKid wrote:

hi also i want to say that a new thing be nice join my my team and help me find i way to do all the ideas surprise projects love it come help me do all our ideas at @gameonkid scratch.mit.edu

dont advertise here.

I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Charles12310 wrote:

-snip-
I feel Paddle2See misunderstood (not 100% accurate, please do not argue or complain, if this is wrong) about advertisements that are like ROBLOX, you know how they advertise projects/games and stuff?

I mean, Paddle2See did say it's fine to advertise because of Show and Tell and the motto, but Ads could promote other stuff including inappropriate content and scams. It would also ruin the website by look and community.

yeah, there all also possibilities of:
- Spreading rumors
- “Follow me if you love cats! Ignore if you want me to die.” or stuff like that.
- Clickbait. (Not stuff like Rick Rolls, stuff like the link misleading to a website that is not safe for kids,)

Charles12310
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DanFish wrote:

I really don't think there should be custom reporters, because variables are basically the same thing.
But with custom reporters, you can put inputs on it.

IlanaLeigh8
Scratcher
10 posts

I have a suggestion: Could you have a not-equal block? Like, there is

<[] = []>
but not a not-equal sign.

Last edited by IlanaLeigh8 (Aug. 26, 2017 19:34:34)

Itchy-10
Scratcher
49 posts

Maybe add the ‘putting the discuss button back’ thing?

( •▿• ) This is my evil kumquat. He will eat your signatures. >:^)
MUAHAHA!
FancyFoxy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Itchy-10 wrote:

Maybe add the ‘putting the discuss button back’ thing?
They aren't doing that because they still want people to discuss about it. Meaning that the ST is looking for solutions for the removal.

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE. THIS MEANS IT IS AN AUTOMATIC MESSAGE THAT APPEARS AT THE BOTTOM OF ALL MY POSTS.
Hi! I'm FancyFoxy! I create animations and games that were never, EVER meant to be taken seriously.
FancyFoxy Heroes and #Thanksgiving are some of my latest projects, check them out!