Discuss Scratch

Aaron_7YEARSOLD
Scratcher
11 posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

ScratchDude82 wrote:

@rockstar151 how do i make a sprite “jump”?
If you want to make an sprite jump, do this:
when flag clicked
repeat (10)
change y by (10)
end
repeat (10)
change y by (-10)
If you want it linked to a key from your keyboard, do this:
when [ v] key pressed 
repeat (10)
change y by (10)
end
repeat (10)
change y by (-10)
or do this:
when flag clicked
forever
if <[ v] key pressed? :: sensing> {
repeat (10) {
change y by (10)
} :: control
repeat (10) {
change y by (-10)
} :: control
} :: control
The empty boxes with a dropdown menu are the keys you can input.
when this is read :: events hat
this is posted by {
Aaron_7YEARSOLD :: #ff8800
} end of post :: control cap
varshu1803
Scratcher
26 posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

mallowpie wrote:

Welcome new scratchers! Unfortunately you missed the time when this site was blue instead of purple (Such a downgrade) but it's still awesome here.
Yeah I loved it

“No one can stop my dream because our dreams make us who we are”
Check out my profile-https://scratch.mit.edu/users/varshu1803/
Please follow for more!
varshu1803
Scratcher
26 posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

BunniiMellow wrote:

How old is this?!
If you mean how old is this discussion it was started in 2013

“No one can stop my dream because our dreams make us who we are”
Check out my profile-https://scratch.mit.edu/users/varshu1803/
Please follow for more!
varshu1803
Scratcher
26 posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

pikacat_77 wrote:

Hello! I'm new on scratch and I make aesthetics and animation memes
Nice to meet you! If you ever need any help, feel free to ask me!

“No one can stop my dream because our dreams make us who we are”
Check out my profile-https://scratch.mit.edu/users/varshu1803/
Please follow for more!
varshu1803
Scratcher
26 posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

BIG_pappa_KALVER wrote:

NateCoder2021 wrote:

theapplesguy2-1 wrote:

NateCoder2021 wrote:

kiwilover2736 wrote:

BIG_pappa_KALVER wrote:

Yeah, that is probably right. But you should totally go out and make new projects and socialize with others! It's super fun to get to know new people (don't share personal information though!!)
Yeah, i agree. Making friends here is totally fine, just make sure to watch out for bullies, fake friends, scammers, etc.

I just don't make friends with others because I don't trust anyone!
that means you have trust issues (no offense)

trust issues? i don't know most of them but idk who to trust

Yeah, don't worry! It's totally fine to “not make friends” in Scratch. Scratch is a program to develop games not to make friends (which is fine by the way!!)
If you want you can! Only if you really trust them though

Last edited by varshu1803 (May 19, 2024 07:02:56)


“No one can stop my dream because our dreams make us who we are”
Check out my profile-https://scratch.mit.edu/users/varshu1803/
Please follow for more!
varshu1803
Scratcher
26 posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

Soyouthinkicantdance wrote:

I'm on scratch for making theses cool little projects, about riddles, noodles, and dance. I also make songs (coming up)
Nice to meet you!

“No one can stop my dream because our dreams make us who we are”
Check out my profile-https://scratch.mit.edu/users/varshu1803/
Please follow for more!
Animator_Scratch_11
Scratcher
90 posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

Ollie, I am still watching what you say.
Warm regards, Animator_Scratch_11]
Username Link - https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Animator_Scratch_11/

say [Animator_Scratch_11]
Ollie-Young
Scratcher
100+ posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

Animator_Scratch_11 wrote:

Ollie, I am still watching what you say.
Warm regards, Animator_Scratch_11]
Username Link - https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Animator_Scratch_11/
Stop.

Hey guys! I'm , Ollie-Young. I make animations and games on Scratch.
I like this: Scratchstats
if <Ollie-Young> then

end
varshu1803
Scratcher
26 posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

Animator_Scratch_11 wrote:

Ollie, I am still watching what you say.
Warm regards, Animator_Scratch_11]
Username Link - https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Animator_Scratch_11/
Me too Ollie

“No one can stop my dream because our dreams make us who we are”
Check out my profile-https://scratch.mit.edu/users/varshu1803/
Please follow for more!
raphy1512
Scratcher
100+ posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

i'm a maarksman

removed
FlameUnknown
New to Scratch
0 posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

Hi
Ollie-Young
Scratcher
100+ posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

NoxSpooth wrote:

vidata wrote:

Hi my friends . I'm a new scratcher . I have a question ! How can I download scratch 2 (beta version) ? I would be very thankful if you could answer my question
It's not released yet.

Oh, and there's no Beta Version for 2.0 anymore because it's now official.
RIP

Hey guys! I'm , Ollie-Young. I make animations and games on Scratch.
I like this: Scratchstats
if <Ollie-Young> then

end
-toontasticnetwork-
Scratcher
36 posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

bros_games_5 wrote:

Hmm imagine if griffpatch is online but it’s gmt in the United Kingdom
it's you.

-TN
EnzoLantyer
Scratcher
60 posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

how?
when green flag clicked
you need 5 keys to unlock the chest
hide

Last edited by EnzoLantyer (May 25, 2024 23:13:39)

Joao_Ana
New to Scratch
0 posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

EnzoLantyer wrote:

how?
when green flag clicked
you need 5 keys to unlock the chest
hide

when green flag clicked
ask [What number of keys you have] and wait
if <(answer) = [5]> then
say [You unlocked the chest] for (2) secs
else
think [hummm...] for (2) secs
say (join [You need] (join ((5) - (answer) [keys to unlock the chest])) for (2) secs
end

Last edited by Joao_Ana (May 26, 2024 02:43:08)

Ollie-Young
Scratcher
100+ posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

TashriqM2024 wrote:

Can someone play this?

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1004201970/

Also ❤️+⭐ this?


No offence but you're not supposed to advertise your projects here.

Hey guys! I'm , Ollie-Young. I make animations and games on Scratch.
I like this: Scratchstats
if <Ollie-Young> then

end
raphy1512
Scratcher
100+ posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

FlameUnknown wrote:

Hi
Hi

removed
varshu1803
Scratcher
26 posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

raphy1512 wrote:

FlameUnknown wrote:

Hi
Hi
Hi!

“No one can stop my dream because our dreams make us who we are”
Check out my profile-https://scratch.mit.edu/users/varshu1803/
Please follow for more!
Ollie-Young
Scratcher
100+ posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

varefreshED2016 wrote:

raleigh1512 wrote:

FlameUnknowk wrote:

Hi
Hi
Hi!
?

Last edited by Ollie-Young (May 27, 2024 09:47:29)


Hey guys! I'm , Ollie-Young. I make animations and games on Scratch.
I like this: Scratchstats
if <Ollie-Young> then

end
Digitat321
Scratcher
13 posts

Welcome to Scratch! Get started here!

Epicness123 wrote:

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

Hello, and have a warm welcome to Scratch!

We're glad to have you as part of the community! We know how being new to something is like being lost in a forest at first, so I'm here to provide some tips and tricks on how to get involved with the Scratch community, and get to know everyone!

• A good way to get started in the community would be posting a topic in the New Scratchers forum. That will help you recognize some members in the community, and possibly meet new friends who will help you! Your topic doesn't have to be a long biography, you keep keep it short if that's what your comfortable with the most.

• A simple way to get familiar to the program would be just experimenting with the project editor! It's a good and quick way to discover the features quickly on your own. Who knows - You might create a fascinating project along the way! Never hurts to play around with the program for a while.

• Another good way to get involved with the community would be posting on the forums often. Helping others, posting on discussion threads, reporting glitches to the Scratch Team, all that can help you get involved!

• Don't be shy to ask anyone if you need to ask a question. All of us will be happy to help a New Scratcher in need, and will definitely do the best we can to help. If you are looking for help currently, good places to check out would be the following forums below:
- Help With Scripts: Need help with your Scratch project? Ask here!
- Requests: Looking for something? Want to offer your skills to others?
- Questions About Scratch: Post general questions about Scratch here.

Good luck, and have fun Scratchin'!

Also, if you're not new, and just here to check this topic out, you can suggest additions to this topic, it'd be great!

Maybe your name should have been ‘HelpingPro01’
I was just going to type that

This is my guard Digi!
(¬‿¬::motion)
He doesn't like evil Kumquats and he helps with programming!
These are his friends (some are fighting the Kumquats and are busy)
(¬_¬::looks)
(̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿::operators)
( .-.::sensing)
(⌐■_■::control)
( ︶︿︶::events)

Powered by DjangoBB