Discuss Scratch

SemolinaPilchard
New to Scratch
86 posts

Doctor Who Official Topic [SPOILERS]

Munscrat wrote:

SemolinaPilchard wrote:

I like Peter Capaldi. I was half hoping Clara would follow through with leaving but she's not awful I guess. The plot wasn't the most special thing in the world. Moffat was borrowing heavily from himself, from probably his most famous work on the show, which isn't good. A scary thing that stops attacking so long as you are doing something (not blinking, not breathing), and an episode named after that thing?

Yeah, it's like the thing from before, but it was more of an introduction to the 12th doctor than an actually completely-original episode. I think it was also trying to show that, in the back of his mind, he still remembered being the other doctors. And also, I loved the ending.
Are you talking about the Promised Land scene? I didn't understand that at all.. Have I missed something? Or is Doctor Who really just showing its version of Heaven in the show now?
OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

To the OP, add (SPOILERS) to the topic name.
MrFlash67
Scratcher
500+ posts

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

To the OP, add (SPOILERS) to the topic name.
Kkk.

SemolinaPilchard wrote:

Munscrat wrote:

SemolinaPilchard wrote:

I like Peter Capaldi. I was half hoping Clara would follow through with leaving but she's not awful I guess. The plot wasn't the most special thing in the world. Moffat was borrowing heavily from himself, from probably his most famous work on the show, which isn't good. A scary thing that stops attacking so long as you are doing something (not blinking, not breathing), and an episode named after that thing?

Yeah, it's like the thing from before, but it was more of an introduction to the 12th doctor than an actually completely-original episode. I think it was also trying to show that, in the back of his mind, he still remembered being the other doctors. And also, I loved the ending.
Are you talking about the Promised Land scene? I didn't understand that at all.. Have I missed something? Or is Doctor Who really just showing its version of Heaven in the show now?
^that

like tears in chocolate rain
(2012 - 2022 - 20XX)
technoboy10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Munscrat wrote:

How did you guys like the 1st episode with the Peter Capaldi?
I warmed up to him fairly quickly. (The mathy stuff he drew on the walls certainly raised my opinion of him… )
I'm starting to like Clara a bit more, if only because she can't control the Doctor now.

MrFlash67 wrote:

SemolinaPilchard wrote:

^that
IDK, but that one lady is in the Time Heist episode (according to the BBC website). She says the Doctor is her ‘boyfriend’. What do you guys think, River Song or the Spirit of the TARDIS?

trans rights are human rights
SemolinaPilchard
New to Scratch
86 posts

technoboy10 wrote:

Munscrat wrote:

I warmed up to him fairly quickly. (The mathy stuff he drew on the walls certainly raised my opinion of him… )
I'm starting to like Clara a bit more, if only because she can't control the Doctor now.

MrFlash67 wrote:

SemolinaPilchard wrote:

^that
IDK, but that one lady is in the Time Heist episode (according to the BBC website). She says the Doctor is her ‘boyfriend’. What do you guys think, River Song or the Spirit of the TARDIS?
Clara seemed worse in this episode. Just very superficial about the fact that he's old now and all that. One of the worst reactions a companion has had to a Doctor change, and seemingly not for any established reasons beyond “but you're not a hot guy anymore .”

That lady is:
Michelle Gomez – Missy/Gatekeeper of the Nethersphere

Looks like she's going to be recurring and important when she does. Also looks like there's either not much room for her to be River Song/the Tardis, or it's going to be one of the plot twists of the whole series 8…

And sigh, possibly a third character having a recognized romantic relationship with the Doctor? He wasn't supposed to be a flirt this time

I'd prefer not having these convoluted arcs, but if we're going to, I like the theory that it's an embodiment of the Doctor's mistakes, and it's not completely unfounded.

Last edited by SemolinaPilchard (Aug. 25, 2014 02:34:48)

DIY
Scratcher
500+ posts

technoboy10 wrote:

Munscrat wrote:

MrFlash67 wrote:

SemolinaPilchard wrote:

^that
I feel that might have been River, but apparently some people also think that it might have been The Master.

Also, it was great that they referenced an episode from series 2 as well!
Ceazar
Scratcher
64 posts

technoboy10 wrote:

Munscrat wrote:

MrFlash67 wrote:

SemolinaPilchard wrote:

^that
It can't be River because the regeneration she is in now, is the one she dies in.

hello my name is ceazar. thank
Lady_Llamacorn
Scratcher
1 post

Ceazar wrote:

technoboy10 wrote:

Munscrat wrote:

MrFlash67 wrote:

SemolinaPilchard wrote:

^that
It can't be River because the regeneration she is in now, is the one she dies in.
That's what I was thinking. It must be the TARDIS, but that is totally not how I imagined her.
Maybe it's River and she somehow miraculously escaped?
I wish.
OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Good episode.
Ceazar
Scratcher
64 posts

Lady_Llamacorn wrote:

Ceazar wrote:

technoboy10 wrote:

Munscrat wrote:

MrFlash67 wrote:

SemolinaPilchard wrote:

^that
That's what I was thinking. It must be the TARDIS, but that is totally not how I imagined her.
I wish.

I know, river is so cool

gxl
Scratcher
41 posts

I honestly disliked Clara in the new episode.
Strax is annoying as ever. Jenny and Vastra are wonderful but I feel like we need new, interesting characters. Which don't have a wonderfully complex backstory (coughCLARAcough).
And the bad guys don't scare me. They used to. When Christopher Eccleston played the doctor XD
it all seems a bit comical.

aa but I will still end up watching the series, don't worry.
pheonixfeather45
Scratcher
28 posts

Ceazar wrote:

Lady_Llamacorn wrote:

Ceazar wrote:

technoboy10 wrote:

Munscrat wrote:

MrFlash67 wrote:

SemolinaPilchard wrote:

^that
I wish.
Maybe it's one of the earlier regenerations of River, but I though River called the doctor “Sweetie” and if they were married she wouldn't be calling him her boyfriend. I dunno, She could be a new character, or possibly someone for the old Doctor Who series.

Hello, Evil kumquat speaking, were you looking for a signature?
Well, It needed to be removed for eating cleaning purposes, and won't be back for a while.
Thanks for the meal!
technoboy10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Any thoughts about Into the Dalek?

trans rights are human rights
barrelofmonkeys
Scratcher
7 posts

i love pacaldi alredy 0
/ sonic screwdriver
barrelofmonkeys
Scratcher
7 posts

• love his hair
    love his attitude
    love his screwdriver

Last edited by barrelofmonkeys (Aug. 29, 2014 14:43:41)

pheonixfeather45
Scratcher
28 posts

barrelofmonkeys wrote:

• love his hair
    love his attitude
    love his screwdriver
I love him too. It usually takes longer for me to like a Doctor after a regeneration, but after he started scribbling math on the floor, I knew he was awesome. I'm really excited bout' Peter and Clara! I loved the chemistry between them, and I think it will make Clara a more interesting character. Just my personal opinion of course!

Hello, Evil kumquat speaking, were you looking for a signature?
Well, It needed to be removed for eating cleaning purposes, and won't be back for a while.
Thanks for the meal!
SemolinaPilchard
New to Scratch
86 posts

gxl wrote:

I honestly disliked Clara in the new episode.
Strax is annoying as ever. Jenny and Vastra are wonderful but I feel like we need new, interesting characters. Which don't have a wonderfully complex backstory (coughCLARAcough).
And the bad guys don't scare me. They used to. When Christopher Eccleston played the doctor XD
it all seems a bit comical.

aa but I will still end up watching the series, don't worry.
Uhm Strax is one of the best recurring characters on the show currently. He's the one that has, you know, a personality. Clara was awful in this episode, yes.
Ceazar
Scratcher
64 posts

barrelofmonkeys wrote:

i love *pacaldi alredy 0
/ sonic screwdriver
*Capaldi

barrelofmonkeys
Scratcher
7 posts

OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Clara is going to leave, just wait. They already hired a new actor for a new companion, so unless they are both on the show at the same time, Clara is out of here. Even if they are both on the show at the same time, it won't be as bad (Rory made Amy a lot less annoying when he came on the show as a companion, imo).