Scratcher
1000+ posts

Doctor Who Official Topic [SPOILERS]

Livestream it.
DIY
Scratcher
500+ posts

That was awesome, although there were some unexpected turns! This episode did no help to the Moffat haters I'm sure, but being a rather neutral viewer myself, I actually quite liked it. Can't wait for the Christmas Special.
technoboy10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Saw the 50th special last night.

trans rights are human rights
DIY
Scratcher
500+ posts

technoboy10 wrote:

They screened it rather late for you, then? I loved the part where all 13 (yes, 13) Doctors emerged in their own versions of the TARDIS, with the extremely short cameo of Peter Capaldi.
technoboy10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DIY wrote:

technoboy10 wrote:

They screened it rather late for you, then? I loved the part where all 13 (yes, 13) Doctors emerged in their own versions of the TARDIS, with the extremely short cameo of Peter Capaldi.
Yeah, I guess. All the US theatre showings were on the 25th

trans rights are human rights
Tardis_Lover
Scratcher
8 posts

I luv Dr.Who
Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I've never actually watched Doctor Who, but I'm planning on it. Should I start off just watching the new series?

Have a cute, curled up Peridot.
DIY
Scratcher
500+ posts

Lightningstep36 wrote:

I've never actually watched Doctor Who, but I'm planning on it. Should I start off just watching the new series?
I'd generally recommend starting from around the time of the 2005 reboot, with Christopher Ecclestone's Doctor, and work yourself from there, as it is still pretty understandable to new-comers. But realistically, if you are unable to watch all of it from then, I'd suggest watching from Series 7, which will take you all the way to the last episode in May this year. Then watch the 50th anniversary film, The Day of the Doctor, and geronimo, you're up-to-date!
Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DIY wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

I'd generally recommend starting from around the time of the 2005 reboot, with Christopher Ecclestone's Doctor, and work yourself from there, as it is still pretty understandable to new-comers. But realistically, if you are unable to watch all of it from then, I'd suggest watching from Series 7, which will take you all the way to the last episode in May this year. Then watch the 50th anniversary film, The Day of the Doctor, and geronimo, you're up-to-date!
How many episodes is that?

EDIT: Wow, it is nearly 4 AM. Why am I still on Scratch? I'm going to bed now.

Last edited by Lightningstep36 (Nov. 28, 2013 08:52:54)

DIY
Scratcher
500+ posts

Lightningstep36 wrote:

DIY wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

Breaking rest is a bad habit of mine too, I guess.

It consists of 13 episodes, btw.
calebxy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Lightningstep36 wrote:

Both the 2005 series (series 1) and the 2010 series (series 5) were designed as jumping on points for new viewers. Personally, I would recommend starting on series 5.

Last edited by calebxy (Nov. 28, 2013 11:07:29)

Check out my newest and best Spider-Man web-swinging game! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/273465603/
Tardis_Lover
Scratcher
8 posts

Lightningstep36 wrote:

yep
Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DIY wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

DIY wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

Only thirteen episodes? It should be relatively easy to manage the time for that. How many episodes are in the series overall?

Tardis_Lover
Scratcher
8 posts

Lightningstep36 wrote:

DIY wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

DIY wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

Only thirteen episodes? It should be relatively easy to manage the time for that. How many episodes are in the series overall?
They're pretty long though
calebxy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Tardis_Lover wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

DIY wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

DIY wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

They're only 45 minutes.

Check out my newest and best Spider-Man web-swinging game! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/273465603/
Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

calebxy wrote:

Tardis_Lover wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

DIY wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

DIY wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

They're only 45 minutes.
That's not too bad.

DIY
Scratcher
500+ posts

Lightningstep36 wrote:

DIY wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

DIY wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

I believe that there have been 799 individual episodes in all, as of the last one, that's if you date back all the way to 23 November 1963.
calebxy
Scratcher
100+ posts

I've written an article for a Doctor Who fansite! It's about the scientific plausibility of the 50th special. http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/sciencey-wiencey-the-day-of-the-doctor-57089.htm

DIY
Scratcher
500+ posts

calebxy wrote:

I've written an article for a Doctor Who fansite! It's about the scientific plausibility of the 50th special. http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/sciencey-wiencey-the-day-of-the-doctor-57089.htm
A well-informed article - it reminded me of a few things I had missed too. Well done.
3DSfan12345
Scratcher
1000+ posts

In 2018, I asked the Scratch Team to remove all my forum posts to protect my privacy. That's why this post is blank. Besides, I've outgrown this website, and I don't want the dumb things I said in my late tween/early teen years to follow me around for the rest of my life. This post probably wasn't anything interesting or important, anyway.