Discuss Scratch

dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

Suggestion: Topics to do with crushes and shipping people should be banned as they do not match the description of this sub forum and I think these topics can lead to inappropriate discussion.

The2000 wrote:

All suggestions are unnecessary. If a suggestion is necessary then it's a bug report.

dertermenter wrote:

April Fools Day on the forums has been a repeated privilege, not an expectation
magiccodegirl678
Scratcher
500+ posts

Don’t post links to or have discussions about anything disrespectful or inappropriate for an all ages audience. We will remove or close all threads and posts related to these discussions.
If a topic is about a movie/show/game/book which contains Not For Everyone content, (meaning slightly inappropriate content but not bad enough for it to not be allowed) I think they should have to let people know that the media may not be appropriate for all ages. Some older kids and teens may want to create topics about media containing NFE (but allowed) subjects, and younger children may be curious about it, so I think the rules should say that they have to say something like “Contains some mild *insert NFE subject here* so may not be for everyone.”
Don't spam. Make sure that your posts are making a useful contribution to the discussion. If you do not find a thread interesting - don't post in it.
I suggest adding that spam topics aren't allowed either. Although that should be obvious, and it would go against the “specific subject” guideline, some people may not be aware.
Please make sure you have a specific subject for your forum topics - vague or loosely defined topics will be closed. Chat topics in particular are not permitted. Your subject must also fit into the forum posting guidelines described above.
I think “specific subject” should be defined as “a specific piece of media”, as some people who come here make general media discussion topics and think it is a specific subject, but is instead a topic that would be considered “too broad”.

Also, would a topic about your favorite book or movie be allowed? It has a specific subject, but also seems a little broad, as it seems to be a hub of everyone's favorite things.

Last edited by kaj (Unknown 00:00:00)
This is a forum signature. It appears under every post I make.
Select text + Shift + Press down arrow to see the rest of my signature

About Me:
magiccodegirl678||She/Her||Scratcher||Wiki Editor||Coder||Artist||Helper||Mostly posts in QaS and Suggestions forums
Quick Links:
||Profile||The official list of rejected suggestions||Scratch Wiki Home||Scratch Team essay||Be civil essay||

^ - ^::looks reporter //This is Crystal. They protect my signature from various dangerous things, but mostly evil kumquats.
0-0::variables reporter//This is not an evil kumquat. Not all of them are evil, some of them have joined our side to defend signatures against the evil ones.

if<impossible block :: pen boolean>then::hat
when gf clicked :: sensing stack
this doesn't feel ((right) :: grey ring) :: operators stack
stop me :: sound cap

This signature was last updated on 15th of June, 2024

;

k0d3rrr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I just wanted to point out a quick typo in the original post.
It should be "Here are the current policies of this forum“ instead of ”Here are the current polices of this forum".

Animated button created by me

Despite what my About section says, I have been using Scratch before 2019. 2019 was the year that I first joined Scratch.
MaterArc
Scratcher
500+ posts

I am currently reading: Refugee by Alan Gratz

Roles: Head Aviate Admin, Forumer, SDS Helper, Scratch Wikian, and Community Helper, SCC 2022.
Achievements: 7x trending, 18x Scratch Studio Curator, 9x SDS Helper, 7x Curated, etc

scratchgodo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How about a new rule on bumping here is what new rule may be like:
Only bump topics if 24 hours have past even if the topic is not on the first page.
As these topics do not need a lot of bumping.

This will only be for this forum.

(Thanks to butterfly_cat8 for part of the thumbnail for Cat TV used in this banner.)

Suggest purple things on my profile I can feed to Cat Posts, Cat Comments, Cat Replies or even better the Cat Profile in the link.
SuperCooperHobbies
Scratcher
100+ posts

Can we make cults?
ThatOneWeirdDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SuperCooperHobbies wrote:

Can we make cults?
no.
____TheAroace
Scratcher
500+ posts

Can you make a new rule that says
“FOR SWC TOPICS: Please close any SWC topics once they're done. We don't want TIMAC to become a mess!”
Please?
I'm getting tired of all these SWC threads clogging TIMAC up.
I want to see topics/posts that are actually good, but I can't. Why? It's because of all the SWC writing threads in here.
Don't believe me? Check the first 5 pages and you'll see that they're all SWC related.
TIMAC has become saturated with SWC writing threads. And I think we should try and stop them.
- A person who is getting tired of the SWC writing threads in TIMAC.
P.S sorry if I sounded rude there. I'm just really annoyed by the amount of writing threads in TIMAC.
P.P.S also there are tons of suggestions saying “make another sub-forum for SWC” and I whole heartedly agree with them.

Last edited by ____TheAroace (Aug. 2, 2022 20:48:36)

highlight my sig and scroll down!

Generation 21: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your signature in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Don't ask me why I have three posts in the russian side of scratch.
Siggy defenders! v
((◉◡◉::#30c0f0) (O w O::#59e010) (◑◞◐::#f7c81b) (.__.::#f56e07) (◡⁔◡::#f71b6c)::#754e19
ThatOneWeirdDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DashaTheAroace wrote:

(#248)
“FOR SWC TOPICS: Please close any SWC topics once they're done. We don't want TIMAC to become a mess!”
Please?
I want to see topics/posts that are actually good, but I can't. Why? It's because of all the SWC writing threads in here.
Don't believe me? Check the first 5 pages and you'll see that they're all SWC related.
TIMAC has become saturated with SWC writing threads. And I think we should try and stop them.
P.S sorry if I sounded rude there. I'm just really annoyed by the amount of writing threads in TIMAC.
P.P.S also there are tons of suggestions saying “make another sub-forum for SWC” and I whole heartedly agree with them.
This is the TiRaP policy topic, please be directed to the TiMaC policy topic
____TheAroace
Scratcher
500+ posts

ThatOneWeirdDude wrote:

DashaTheAroace wrote:

(#248)
Please?
This is the TiRaP policy topic, please be directed to the TiMaC policy topic
Ohhhh. Sorry

Generation 21: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your signature in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Siggy defenders! v
((◉◡◉::#30c0f0) (O w O::#59e010) (◑◞◐::#f7c81b) (.__.::#f56e07) (◡⁔◡::#f71b6c)::#754e19
NanoRook
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dertermenter wrote:

Suggestion: Topics to do with crushes and shipping people should be banned as they do not match the description of this sub forum and I think these topics can lead to inappropriate discussion.

Older post but I am bumping this up in this thread to discuss it again.

The “fictional crushes” and “shipping” topics of this forum have, for the past couple of years, been caught in a cycle of insanity. Someone starts the thread, everything goes well for a while, but then it all goes to heck as people start shipping real people together (or, in one thread's case, other Scratchers) or people stop acting their age with flame wars over pairings in fictional media, which almost always leads to moderators having to close threads for cleanup.

The latest fictional crushes continuation thread just got closed for what feels like the hundredth time. I believe a moratorium should be placed on both of these topics as it is clear they are not a good fit for this subforum and Scratch users cannot discuss the topics in question constructively.

I LOVE BEING PURPLE!!!! JOIN THE PURPLE COALITION TODAY IF YOU ALSO LOVE BEING PURPLE. PURPLE IS THE NEW BLUE! PURPLE IS THE SUPERIOR NAVBAR COLOR! YYYEAAHHHHH BABY!!!!

BionicBoy554
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dertermenter wrote:

Agreed.

I specialize in animating fight collabs. I've entered the ‘decent’ stage.

A couple of studios I’m in:

A kumquat ate my productivity.
cutelittlekitty5yeas
Scratcher
5 posts

Kitty
____TheAroace
Scratcher
500+ posts

cutelittlekitty5yeas wrote:

please, do not emojispam

Siggy defenders! v
greatman1111
Scratcher
100+ posts

What is “swc”?

This is a signature.
This protects my signature from evil kumquats
k0d3rrr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

greatman1111 wrote:

What is “swc”?
It either means Scratch Welcoming Committee or Scratch Writing Camp.

Despite what my About section says, I have been using Scratch before 2019. 2019 was the year that I first joined Scratch.
Yento-Kun
Scratcher
500+ posts

Would a topic about making sandwiches go in this or TIMAC?

squigward
k0d3rrr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yento-Kun wrote:

Would a topic about making sandwiches go in this or TIMAC?
You technically made the sandwich, therefore it goes in Things I'm Making and Creating.

Not to mention that someone made a cooking topic there a long time ago, and it's still open.

Last edited by k0d3rrr (Jan. 3, 2023 11:33:45)

BionicBoy554
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Could I make a forum topic about a studio on Scratch?

I specialize in animating fight collabs. I've entered the ‘decent’ stage.

A couple of studios I’m in:

A kumquat ate my productivity.
M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think the way the Pokemon Topic closure was handled was taken too far and making it so no current members can make a new one seems to be a bit extreme for an issue caused by only a handful of people and not the entire topic. I'd like to possibly discuss an alternate solution that hopefully everyone (or almost everyone) can agree is better so that we can have the Pokemon topic going again

also cool I just noticed this page is the 4444th topic on this forum section.. cool

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!