Discuss Scratch

Scratchbeginner5669
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

BionicBoy554 wrote:

Could I make a forum topic about a studio on Scratch?
i think scratch studios are best for the Show and Tell forum, as scratch studios are not related to TIRaP. it could be considered offtopic posting. (i am not a forum helper and not in the forum helpers studio, im just trying to say something that can be helpful.)

anyways, back on topic.

(blinkie and stamp by max dimo)
highlight the siggy then ctrl + shift + down to see the rest (or just shift + down, if your not a chrome user. if your on mobile, highlight the siggy and go down.)
hi i like dave and bambi
certifed recurser fan(atic) since 2023 (specifically march-april)
i also play xanje!

full user, abbreviated, potassium/kalium/kal and rand(u) are my preferred nicknames. full user and abbreviated refer to my actual user. they aren't separate.

if i quote a post and a part of said post is in bold, that's the part i'm mainly replying too.

as you can tell, i forum more than do projects (mainly because i like to convo with other people about topics).
if your seeing this and expecting a project from me immediately after checking my mains project count, expect some project uploads on my 1st alt usually. rarely will i ever upload one on my main.

rip carl and karl, they died.
just found out that the 2 could be still alive somewhere.
better start looking for them eventually. they might not be dead.
they looked like these, btw:
(-_-::#90EE90) // carl
(o_0::#3521EE) // karl

the pfp is staying for april fools, dont get confused with who is what
superbuddy2
Scratcher
100+ posts

I want to make a thread discussing who thinks what phones are the best.

Is this permitted? I thought it would be something beyond Scratch, but not necessarily reading or playing.

Hi! This is my signature - @superbuddy2 - and I am taking applications for my Scratch Operating System, where I plan to make a full-on third-party app store. Go here to submit your application. Also there is a basic trailer here. I will also be publishing updates here.

Some tutorials and scripts.

Share your favourite projects or creators here, for the new Scratch Rewind series.
Tophatted-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

superbuddy2 wrote:

Is this permitted? I thought it would be something beyond Scratch, but not necessarily reading or playing.
I think that would be allowed, although if it gets too heated it will most likely be closed.

M1mikyu wrote:

I think the way the Pokemon Topic closure was handled was taken too far and making it so no current members can make a new one seems to be a bit extreme for an issue caused by only a handful of people and not the entire topic. I'd like to possibly discuss an alternate solution that hopefully everyone (or almost everyone) can agree is better so that we can have the Pokemon topic going again

also cool I just noticed this page is the 4444th topic on this forum section.. cool
I personally agree although I might be biased as one of the old members. There really were only 3 (mostly 2) people who contributed to the closure. Most of us didn't argue much, and when we did, it was more civil. It's up to the scratch team to decide, however. (I am a bit annoyed about the fact we can't make the first post more like the old topics, we don't even have to call it topic 11, but the idea that we can't tell people about what Pokemon is and its recent game releases is a bit odd to me.)

hi im tophatted
superbuddy2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Tophatted- wrote:

(#263)

superbuddy2 wrote:

I think that would be allowed, although if it gets too heated it will most likely be closed.

M1mikyu wrote:

I think the way the Pokemon Topic closure was handled was taken too far and making it so no current members can make a new one seems to be a bit extreme for an issue caused by only a handful of people and not the entire topic. I'd like to possibly discuss an alternate solution that hopefully everyone (or almost everyone) can agree is better so that we can have the Pokemon topic going again

also cool I just noticed this page is the 4444th topic on this forum section.. cool
I personally agree although I might be biased as one of the old members. There really were only 3 (mostly 2) people who contributed to the closure. Most of us didn't argue much, and when we did, it was more civil. It's up to the scratch team to decide, however. (I am a bit annoyed about the fact we can't make the first post more like the old topics, we don't even have to call it topic 11, but the idea that we can't tell people about what Pokemon is and its recent game releases is a bit odd to me.)
Perhaps I should only allow personal opinions and not ‘No, that phone is rubbish!’ kind of posts.

Hi! This is my signature - @superbuddy2 - and I am taking applications for my Scratch Operating System, where I plan to make a full-on third-party app store. Go here to submit your application. Also there is a basic trailer here. I will also be publishing updates here.

Some tutorials and scripts.

Share your favourite projects or creators here, for the new Scratch Rewind series.
Nes1Owe_Alt
Scratcher
500+ posts

M1mikyu wrote:

I have a spin-offs only topic with rules to prevent the stuff that got all the others banned. Here it is

Last edited by Nes1Owe_Alt (May 30, 2023 16:12:55)

Generation VII (7): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Vote on what I do for my 50 follower special right here!
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over. -Diego Armando, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations
Shift+Down to scroll

Hey there! I'm 暗闇 (Kurayami) (or 暗 (Kurai) for short). I'm lazy, smort smart, and I'm a certified Iono simp. I won the Johns Hopkins University Grand Honor Award in 2022 and I'm very proud of it. I'm also (very) forgetful, as the random layout of my siggy shows. And autistic. And did I mention forgetful?

Kumquats beware, for Matt Engarde's cat, Shoe, protects my siggy.
BionicBoy554
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchbeginner5669 wrote:

BionicBoy554 wrote:

Could I make a forum topic about a studio on Scratch?
i think scratch studios are best for the Show and Tell forum, as scratch studios are not related to TIRaP. it could be considered offtopic posting. (i am not a forum helper and not in the forum helpers studio, im just trying to say something that can be helpful.)

anyways, back on topic.
ok thanks

I specialize in animating fight collabs. I've entered the ‘decent’ stage.

A couple of studios I’m in:

A kumquat ate my productivity.
Valkyrie79
New to Scratch
4 posts

How do you post?

Hi, my name is Valkyrie and I was wondering if you would like to help get my projects viewed I won't ask for much but 2 projects that you could find the time to look over thx!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/859618149/#comments-337974321
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/859619240/
SilKeaSilver
Scratcher
100+ posts

Valkyrie79 wrote:

How do you post?
Like that

Also, hi! Welcome to Scratch!

Last edited by SilKeaSilver (May 31, 2023 22:53:08)

The post that this signature is attached to is almost entirely composed of my disjointed ramblings at a time when I really should be asleep.

SilKea // She/her // Sleep Deprived
7salad3salad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I thought this was closed…

Forumer Post Count Bar Graph! (inspired by AIGamesDeveloper)
Project: Forummon by randomguy3513
hi, contrast
JUST BECAUSE THERES A WORKAROUND ISNT A GOOD REASON TO NOT SUPPORT!!!

dont call me 7salad
dont call me 7salsa lol
just simply “Salad” will do.

:]::#00289A// This is my pet Noobles! He protects my signature from [i]unwanted guests[/i]

B){

}::#800080//This is Noobles' big brother, Probles. He has returned and Noobles is happy to see him!
//oh, yeah, he is also cool so he wears sunglasses.

:P::cap sensing//This is their little brother, Doobles

old banner thnng
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

7salad3salad wrote:

I thought this was closed…

ST reopened it for new scratchers?

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

I forgor my account password to give an internet ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)

octopuswinslow
Scratcher
1000+ posts

why do whole topics get deleted when only one person says something bad?

Last edited by octopuswinslow (June 17, 2023 05:40:48)

publicly controlled image ⇩ (i do not necessarily condone or agree with anything it says)
you can find out who the current owner of the signature is here
(and ask them for permission to change it if you want)

(hopefully this works)
cwkelliott47732
Scratcher
79 posts

mythbusteranimator wrote:

How come we can't talk about current news stories?
I remember some of them being closed on the old forums.
Some news stories may be too controversial for the ST to moderate.

be low contrast
when gf clicked
forever
set [Scratch v] to [#4d97ff]
set [Bad v] to [#855cd6]
end
octopuswinslow
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Do you think it would be allowed to make a new Geoguessr topic because the old one has been inactive for almost a decade and has some outdated links?

publicly controlled image ⇩ (i do not necessarily condone or agree with anything it says)

(hopefully this works)
Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

octopuswinslow wrote:

Do you think it would be allowed to make a new Geoguessr topic because the old one has been inactive for almost a decade and has some outdated links?
I'd say maybe not since you can just bump it. Is it closed?

Hey! Look at this DTA!
Hej! My username is @Crispydogs101. I like listening to music, playing games, and more!
Sarah and duck, Pete the cat, Pegboard nerds, Tokyo machine, FORZA FAN!! Be High contrast Blue Be rich
octopuswinslow
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crispydogs101 wrote:

octopuswinslow wrote:

no it is not i guess i will bump it

(hopefully this works)
Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

octopuswinslow wrote:

Crispydogs101 wrote:

octopuswinslow wrote:

no it is not i guess i will bump it
Yea it's fine. Plus more relavant links will come up.

Hey! Look at this DTA!
Hej! My username is @Crispydogs101. I like listening to music, playing games, and more!
Sarah and duck, Pete the cat, Pegboard nerds, Tokyo machine, FORZA FAN!! Be High contrast Blue Be rich
Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How come the Pokemon topic got another chance for a topic but fictional crushes did not?

Hey! Look at this DTA!
k0d3rrr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crispydogs101 wrote:

How come the Pokemon topic got another chance for a topic but fictional crushes did not?
Topics relating to crushes are not allowed, but topics relating to franchises are allowed, so long as they aren't known to cause flame wars. (General Pokemon topics are not allowed because people kept arguing, but topics relating to specific Pokemon games and shows are allowed.)

Animated button created by me

Despite what my About section says, I have been using Scratch before 2019. 2019 was the year that I first joined Scratch.
Jigglypuffcupidcute
Scratcher
500+ posts

is it ok if people post topics about 1 game? I want to make a topic about the game called Welcome to the Loud house (by 1 game, I don't mean all of a creator's games, I mean one of their games)

Last edited by Jigglypuffcupidcute (Oct. 2, 2023 21:42:35)

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/963796216

I'm a furry that has autism. (Sadly people bully me )

I love Jigglypuff
:3
This is Sherry, she eats evil kumquats, and she always has a :3 face!
Yeet
LALALALALALALALALALA
I LOVE ANIMATION MEMES!
The slimepups from Kaiju paradise are cute! :3
The Loud house is an awesome show
I hate Peppa pig and Cocomelon
SilKeaSilver
Scratcher
100+ posts

Jigglypuffcupidcute wrote:

is it ok if people post topics about 1 game? I want to make a topic about the game called Welcome to the Loud house (by 1 game, I don't mean all of a creator's games, I mean one of their games)
I think that it's okay, as long as the forum follows the community guidelines

The post that this signature is attached to is almost entirely composed of my disjointed ramblings at a time when I really should be asleep.

SilKea // She/her // Sleep Deprived