Discuss Scratch

FelipeFinder
Scratcher
40 posts

Advertising and Follow-for-Follow (f4f)

BirdieAwesome wrote:

Okay, I'd just readed all of this top to bottom; and I'll just have to give a piece of my mind ‘bout it. Why would anyone advertise? You will get more views if you had that patient! Not if you go like “lOoK aT tHiS pRoJeCt!!!”; it’s just silly to say all of that even so infront of hundreds upon THOUNSANDS of Scratchers will be staring at that comment for a good 1 minute then either reporting or ingoring it. I'll just see that type of comment then like give a look then think “Why would you just do that? You know you aren't being patient by just typing it in!” then I scroll up to the project I wanted to see. Thanks for letting me talk
Well, some people dont learn, just like for f4f. They think one person will do there f4f.
jojo_mojo2009
Scratcher
1 post

If someone asks for feedback, give them feedback, because that's what they want. If the project is bad, only give advice on how to improve it-don't like and favorite it. If the project is good, then consider liking it. Giving feedback doesn't require liking and favoriting. Liking and favoriting is up to u. But if the person is constantly spamming links everywhere, calling it “feedback” where ads aren't allowed, don't like their project at all. Sometimes, people who ask for feedback from you admire you and follow u. They think you are a wonderful Scratcher. They support you and all of your projects. They believe you can give them very good advice on how to make a good project. If this is the case, consider liking their project as well. That is a rare case, tho..If you see advertising where advertising isn't allowed, report it immediately or ignore it.

Hello! I'm Jojo, a human girl cookie!
say [Hello! Let's be friends! ]
when I receive [Hello! Sure! v]
switch costume to [Smile v]
add (username) to [list of friends v]
IMYEE
Scratcher
2 posts

point in direction ( v)
when backdrop switches to [ v]
when green flag clicked
when green flag clicked
when green flag clicked:lol:
quote]wmend4 rush have etc eh he eh he runs ur Ryu he sun he eh he Elizabeth screw2 were everyday cadge stressed because you don't have a lot of fun to watch them for the first week in the evening I am going out to dinner and have to go in the evening I am going out to dinner and have to go in the evening and then we will have etc and then we will have etc and then I can have it done in a couple hours and have to be in a couple hours left of fun with the girls at work said she would call the evening of fun with the evening of fun with you guys for coming over last the first week in the evening of fun and have to be in a couple hours and have

IMYEE
Firetuber17
Scratcher
1 post

Thanks scratch team! : )
Superseed16
Scratcher
100+ posts

i don't usually tolerate advertising on my projects unless it's an “advertise here” project. also on my studios, unless the advertisement is relalted to the studio topic.
when green flag clicked
move (1000) steps
forever
<key [ awesome <[ hello] contains [be the coolest] ?>] pressed?>
set pen color to [#c81392]
define you are awesome
end

Press Control(Command if you're on a Mac)+W. And if you're using Google Chrome, press Shift+Control(or Command if on Mac)+N.
Hey there! I'm Superseed and I love crafting and coding. Check out my profile, and ❤️ and ⭐️ my projects if you like.
My 100th post!
Highlight this sentence then press and hold Control- Shift- Down arrow or just Shift-down arrow on a Mac to see more of my signature!
WIP:

⌐■_■ :: sensing

░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▓▓░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░ made by superseed16

cs2722914
Scratcher
11 posts

Many people are unknowngly spamming. We should maybe create an advertisement bar so people don't advertise off of dignified areas. But as well some spamvertizements (spam advertisements) should be listened to. I think that another good solution may be to ban copying/pasting comments.
when [ scracher 4 eva] key pressed
say [Community is Key]
cs2722914
Scratcher
11 posts

when green flag clicked
if <Spam> then
when [ report] key pressed
play sound [siren] until done

end
IMYEE
Scratcher
2 posts

Umm, what I think about advertising is that it's okay in some cases, but not ALL cases…so….yea

IMYEE
scratchburger120
Scratcher
7 posts

Even though I am not famous enough to experience these problems I know the are problems. It's good to see so many people creating studios and projects about preventing these things. But why are people still doing it? Even where people have said don't do it, you can still find it. THIS NEEDS TO STOP. ANYONE READING THES POSTS AND LAUGHING BECAUSE THEY THINK IT IS JUST A SMALL THING NEEDS TO LOOK AT IT FROM A FAMOUS SCRATCHER'S POINT OF VIEW
when I receive [Advertisement Detected v]
say [THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING] for (INFINITY) secs
go to [SCRATCH TEAM FOR HELP v]
add (username) to [SCRATCHERS WHO WON'T LISTEN v]
broadcast [Make yet another project about advertising
v]
BIossom-fall
Scratcher
71 posts

I think you should put this in the main community guidelines tab because if it's not there people won't know it's against the rules unless they find this one specific forum. (Seeing as I know most people don't read the entire QnA)

Where has my signature gone?
Better find it quickly or I'll worry everyone!
​Did it fall in the lake while taking a drink?
Did it hide in a patch of flowers, pink?
If it went to a restaurant do I pay for it's food?
Did it go to Hot Topic and Scream ‘WHAT A MOOD!’?
Is it helping a witch mix an evil brew?
Oh wait, I know, my signature is YOU!
Trena39
Scratcher
11 posts

I agree with Blossom, this should be a tab in the guidelines because this clarifies a lot of the confusion. As a result, this should help reduce the amount of spam scratchers get.
point towards [The Community Guidelines. v]

Glacier

I'm a self taught artist who wants to improve. If you have the time, you can check out my newest projects and if you like them prehaps give me some advice or a follow at @GlacierStorms and @Trena39 ?
redstone64-
Scratcher
2 posts

make it easy to put links in notes and credits
maya201910
Scratcher
17 posts

crazypraiselyn wrote:

when green flag clicked
if <someone advertises> then
hide
end
This is so true! good code!
maya201910
Scratcher
17 posts

Sunarcher wrote:

maya201910 wrote:

I think people should respect other profiles.
If is say no f4f, do not f4f.
If is say no ads, do not adverse.
There's a thousand of scratcher every day!
Before doing anything you need to read there profiles and then talk to them.

I think f4f is okay unless you want to do it.
Ads is kind of worst than f4f, is better to adversing in your profile.

Thank you!

when green flag clicked
say [We can scartch it!] for (2) secs

I agree with this. F4F is OK, if they keep it private, not like. on a famous persons profile “WHO WANTS TO F4F” that's using someones fame to boost yours, and I think that's wrong. So yeah.

Well thanks!
Abigblueworld
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ba Ching! GENIUS IDEA!

, Abigblueworld! :D
Girl,_ Gamer,_scratcher,_ BALDI/Uglydolls FAN,_ Former GD player and Roblox player!
GD: GDABIGBLUEWORLD
ROBLOX: GDABIGBLUEWORLD and Hitormissgonnamissya
ABIGBLUEWORLD 2019-2020 all stuff free to scratch. :)
SCRATCH ON!
Abigblueworld
Scratcher
500+ posts

Paddle2See wrote:

Scratch is a big community and it is important that everyone follow the Community Guidelines, including being respectful and friendly. There are several topics that we would like to address to continue to keep the site friendly.

Advertising
We understand that you want other people to see your projects.. However, misplaced advertising or spamming links is not friendly or respectful to other users.

Where is it okay to advertise?

There are many ways that you can share your projects with others that we don’t consider to violate the Community Guidelines, including:
  • The ‘About Me’ and ‘What I'm Working’ on fields of your profile
  • Changing the Featured Project on your profile
  • Leaving a comment on your own profile
  • Your forum signature in the Discussion Forums
  • In the Show and Tell area of the Discussion Forums (make a new topic for your project)
  • In Studios that are designed for advertising
  • In Studios that have a theme similar to your project (to ask that your project be added to the Studio)

Where is it not okay to advertise?

Any place where your ad would be considered “off-topic”, such as:
  • Comments on someone else's project
  • Comments on someone else's profile (possible exception - maybe your followers profiles would be okay - but you might want to check with them first)
  • On areas of the Discussion Forums other than Show and Tell
  • In Studios that are not relevant to the project you are advertising
Note that “asking for feedback” (with no specifics) for one of your projects could still be considered advertising. However, inviting somebody to enjoy one of your projects that is similar to one of theirs might be considered okay, since you are sharing an interest. We ask that you do not post more than one such comment, and avoid doing this at all on projects which are featured on the Scratch homepage.

Follow-for-Follow (f4f)
Follow-for-Follow, also called f4f, is when a Scratcher invites another Scratcher to become a follower by promising to do the same for them. It is allowed on Scratch. However, it can also be considered spamming or misplaced advertising if you repeatedly post this type of request. We ask that you be respectful of other Scratchers and do not spam Follow-for-follow (f4f) comments.

Following is intended to make it easy to see what another Scratcher is doing. It's a great way to build friendships through shared interests. Just getting more followers should not be your goal - what's important is building strong relationships with other Scratchers and having fun through sharing with them.

That being said, there is no denying that more followers often leads to more views for projects and perhaps more incentive to continue making projects. So it's understandable that some Scratchers try to increase the number of followers they have by offering f4f. However, choosing to follow someone is always a voluntary choice. If you are not interested in following somebody when they ask you (whether it's through an f4f request or any kind of request), just politely decline.
:0 scratch, it’s is amazing you done this! Y O U did something for F4F and ads, Smart!

Girl,_ Gamer,_scratcher,_ BALDI/Uglydolls FAN,_ Former GD player and Roblox player!
SCRATCH ON!
Abigblueworld
Scratcher
500+ posts

Abigblueworld wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

Scratch is a big community and it is important that everyone follow the Community Guidelines, including being respectful and friendly. There are several topics that we would like to address to continue to keep the site friendly.

Advertising
We understand that you want other people to see your projects.. However, misplaced advertising or spamming links is not friendly or respectful to other users.

Where is it okay to advertise?

There are many ways that you can share your projects with others that we don’t consider to violate the Community Guidelines, including:
  • The ‘About Me’ and ‘What I'm Working’ on fields of your profile
  • Changing the Featured Project on your profile
  • Leaving a comment on your own profile
  • Your forum signature in the Discussion Forums
  • In the Show and Tell area of the Discussion Forums (make a new topic for your project)
  • In Studios that are designed for advertising
  • In Studios that have a theme similar to your project (to ask that your project be added to the Studio)

Where is it not okay to advertise?

Any place where your ad would be considered “off-topic”, such as:
  • Comments on someone else's project
  • Comments on someone else's profile (possible exception - maybe your followers profiles would be okay - but you might want to check with them first)
  • On areas of the Discussion Forums other than Show and Tell
  • In Studios that are not relevant to the project you are advertising
Note that “asking for feedback” (with no specifics) for one of your projects could still be considered advertising. However, inviting somebody to enjoy one of your projects that is similar to one of theirs might be considered okay, since you are sharing an interest. We ask that you do not post more than one such comment, and avoid doing this at all on projects which are featured on the Scratch homepage.

Follow-for-Follow (f4f)
Follow-for-Follow, also called f4f, is when a Scratcher invites another Scratcher to become a follower by promising to do the same for them. It is allowed on Scratch. However, it can also be considered spamming or misplaced advertising if you repeatedly post this type of request. We ask that you be respectful of other Scratchers and do not spam Follow-for-follow (f4f) comments.

Following is intended to make it easy to see what another Scratcher is doing. It's a great way to build friendships through shared interests. Just getting more followers should not be your goal - what's important is building strong relationships with other Scratchers and having fun through sharing with them.

That being said, there is no denying that more followers often leads to more views for projects and perhaps more incentive to continue making projects. So it's understandable that some Scratchers try to increase the number of followers they have by offering f4f. However, choosing to follow someone is always a voluntary choice. If you are not interested in following somebody when they ask you (whether it's through an f4f request or any kind of request), just politely decline.
:0 scratch, it’s is amazing you done this! Y O U did something for F4F and ads, Smart!
And the quote thing broke, thanks.

SCRATCH ON!
Pikachuf1
Scratcher
77 posts

define 
define
if <> then

say [] for (2) secsend

hover over my signature and scroll down to see the rest of my signature

Hi I'm Pikachuf1 and I'm a professional idiot

you see that above? than can be you! I make 8k renders of people's minecraft skins! for free! you can ask me on my profile(note that I can't make renders of character creator skins).
if the above image didn't convince you to get one, here's some of my past work:

ausslatin2019
Scratcher
15 posts

scratch is not for veiws its for fun
when green flag clicked
say [its for fun] for (2) secs
forever
broadcast [stop ads ]
end
K39Walker
Scratcher
17 posts

I find this really helpful, although I don't advertise. Thanks!!

K39•Writer, Artist, and Singer•She, her• Check out my profile! scratch.mit.edu/users/K39Walker
Singing is 90% mental, and 10% talent.
-Tara Simmons

There's rain before the rainbow
And fierce storms before the eye
A little dark before the dawn
And earth before the sky
But see the colour in the clouds
The glitter in the night
Hear music in the thunder
Where there's darkness, shine a light”
~ @HopesNDreams