The AAA is not advertising, they are trying to END advertising. BIG difference
FelipeFinder
Scratcher
40 posts

Advertising and Follow-for-Follow (f4f)

Toxic_Team wrote:

when green flag clicked
broadcast [Stop The AAA because they're advertising]
The AAA is not advertising. They are simply warning people about the things in scratch (kinda)
FelipeFinder
Scratcher
40 posts

okay so today i got 2 F4F messages. Im a small scratcher, so i feel like someone is trying to make me go crazy. Also, IT CLEARLY STATES NO F4F ON MY ACCOUNT
zaina_altarabsheh
Scratcher
2 posts

I tried using scratch blocks, but apparently I am not a professional!!

Last edited by zaina_altarabsheh (April 23, 2020 19:20:03)

FelipeFinder
Scratcher
40 posts

kidsrule454
Scratcher
500+ posts

crazypraiselyn wrote:

when green flag clicked
if <someone advertises> then
hide
end

lol

this is ivy, she protects my signature (◕ᴗ◕✿)

hello there! (highlight+shift+down please!)

my name is penny. i'm an asexual panromantic person and i use she/they pronouns.

i love to write and read, and i love music. i'm a big fan of the rare occasions, but i also like the beatles, tally hall, and a lot of other artists.

my favorite color is pink, and my favorite food is tonkatsu with curry.

i love to draw, and i love video game culture. i'm a HUUUUUGE mario fan; i also love animal crossing and pokemon.

my favorite shows are smg4 and murder drones. my favorite movies are star wars: a new hope, smg4 movie: it's gotta be perfect, and the super mario bros. movie.

i'll see you around! :>
YouAlreadyLose
Scratcher
69 posts

Can you guys follow me at YouAlreadyLose im not really trying to advertise but i need to get to 100 followers

Lost B)
Sunarcher
Scratcher
100+ posts

YouAlreadyLose wrote:

Can you guys follow me at YouAlreadyLose im not really trying to advertise but i need to get to 100 followers

See I got 100 followers quick, and that WHOLE time I never asked for a follow. I think that's a key component. That's just advice
FelipeFinder
Scratcher
40 posts

Sunarcher wrote:

YouAlreadyLose wrote:

See I got 100 followers quick, and that WHOLE time I never asked for a follow. I think that's a key component. That's just advice

im getting followers at a decent rate but my truth or dare may give me more. (imma work on it for a week maybe)
TenType
Scratcher
100+ posts

Thank you for posting this!

TenType
Experienced Wikian and active contributor in the Scratch Wiki
2488 contributions! as of 3/14/21
My Profile | My Userpage | My Contributions | Evil Kumquat Noises
saptaswaras
Scratcher
8 posts

Thanks so much for clarifying this! I recently stopped doing f4f because it was starting to get repetitive, and I didn't have the guts to decline since I didn't want to start an argument or simply being called rude. This is a good clarification for new Scratchers too!

]~Potatoes, fun, and randomness~
Follow your heart!

Pink-Awesome941
Scratcher
1 post

This was a great help! We need to stop advertising because it's hurtful to others. I've gotten spams lately and its annoying me a lot, I've deleted them all though. It's hurtful to all you guys who have gotten advertisements and spams. Although I am not a famous scratcher I do get a lot of spams. People need to stop making studios for advertising.

:) Thank you for all reading and I hope you guys understand this. This is important and we need to spread the news to stop it.

Berricake
Scratcher
69 posts

Thanks for posting this!

Spritesmasher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paddle2See wrote:

Scratch is a big community and it is important that everyone follow the Community Guidelines, including being respectful and friendly. There are several topics that we would like to address to continue to keep the site friendly.

Advertising
We understand that you want other people to see your projects.. However, misplaced advertising or spamming links is not friendly or respectful to other users.

Where is it okay to advertise?

There are many ways that you can share your projects with others that we don’t consider to violate the Community Guidelines, including:
  • The ‘About Me’ and ‘What I'm Working’ on fields of your profile
  • Changing the Featured Project on your profile
  • Leaving a comment on your own profile
  • Your forum signature in the Discussion Forums
  • In the Show and Tell area of the Discussion Forums (make a new topic for your project)
  • In Studios that are designed for advertising
  • In Studios that have a theme similar to your project (to ask that your project be added to the Studio)

Where is it not okay to advertise?

Any place where your ad would be considered “off-topic”, such as:
  • Comments on someone else's project
  • Comments on someone else's profile (possible exception - maybe your followers profiles would be okay - but you might want to check with them first)
  • On areas of the Discussion Forums other than Show and Tell
  • In Studios that are not relevant to the project you are advertising
Note that “asking for feedback” (with no specifics) for one of your projects could still be considered advertising. However, inviting somebody to enjoy one of your projects that is similar to one of theirs might be considered okay, since you are sharing an interest. We ask that you do not post more than one such comment, and avoid doing this at all on projects which are featured on the Scratch homepage.

Follow-for-Follow (f4f)
Follow-for-Follow, also called f4f, is when a Scratcher invites another Scratcher to become a follower by promising to do the same for them. It is allowed on Scratch. However, it can also be considered spamming or misplaced advertising if you repeatedly post this type of request. We ask that you be respectful of other Scratchers and do not spam Follow-for-follow (f4f) comments.

Following is intended to make it easy to see what another Scratcher is doing. It's a great way to build friendships through shared interests. Just getting more followers should not be your goal - what's important is building strong relationships with other Scratchers and having fun through sharing with them.

That being said, there is no denying that more followers often leads to more views for projects and perhaps more incentive to continue making projects. So it's understandable that some Scratchers try to increase the number of followers they have by offering f4f. However, choosing to follow someone is always a voluntary choice. If you are not interested in following somebody when they ask you (whether it's through an f4f request or any kind of request), just politely decline.
finally i know what F4F means! thanks!
new_dude124578
Scratcher
40 posts

dogethewise wrote:

don't spam

you ever look at your signature after a while and then cringe at it?
yeah that happened to me and I changed it straight away
Scratcher
46 posts

carot3 wrote:

Most people now call asking for feedback advertising. Would you agree?
Yes

Platformers • Animations • Art
—————————————————————————————
My newest game: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/406739724/
pizzaloverkid
Scratcher
12 posts

Nice!!!
Sunarcher
Scratcher
100+ posts

Berricake wrote:

Thanks for posting this!

wowie, I agree, thanks for posting this. XD. and you still haven't slapped me with the baguette berry. XD
pizzaloverkid
Scratcher
12 posts

define Stay safe!
say [Stay at home!] for (2) secs
say [Wash your hands!] for (2) secs

Last edited by pizzaloverkid (April 24, 2020 04:39:25)

carot3
Scratcher
89 posts

I agree it is quite good that many people come and find this studio, but I wish all of Scratch (but griffpatch) would/could. It would be good to tell people.
when green flag clicked
if <[views] > [99999]> then
set [mode v] to [happy]

end

Last edited by carot3 (April 24, 2020 04:40:42)

carot3 - Games - Platformers - Animations - And More - [ My Latest Game is ‘- Orbit° - A 360° Rotating Scrolling Platformer’! ]

Like, Favourite, Follow for more!