Discuss Scratch

Trena39
Scratcher
11 posts

Advertising and Follow-for-Follow (f4f)

Pink-Awesome941 wrote:

This was a great help! We need to stop advertising because it's hurtful to others. I've gotten spams lately and its annoying me a lot, I've deleted them all though. It's hurtful to all you guys who have gotten advertisements and spams. Although I am not a famous scratcher I do get a lot of spams. People need to stop making studios for advertising.

:) Thank you for all reading and I hope you guys understand this. This is important and we need to spread the news to stop it.

I do believe you are correct. I to, am not a famous scratcher, and I get many advertisements in my profile, projects and studios. Also, it is really annoying that multiple scratchers have been advertising for OTHER SCRATCHERS. It has resulted in unwanted spam. Please make sure to always follow the community guidelines! They are there for a good reason. Not put there to annoy us. <3333 - Glacier

Glacier

I'm a self taught artist who wants to improve. If you have the time, you can check out my newest projects and if you like them prehaps give me some advice or a follow at @GlacierStorms and @Trena39 ?
Tiddlessaffron_exile
Scratcher
1 post

Just Stop Ads And F4f Its Simple

Last edited by Tiddlessaffron_exile (April 24, 2020 09:56:26)

carot3
Scratcher
89 posts

I just wish it was all gone.

Last edited by carot3 (April 24, 2020 11:16:27)

carot3 - Games - Platformers - Animations - And More - [ My Latest Game is ‘- Orbit° - A 360° Rotating Scrolling Platformer’! ]

Like, Favourite, Follow for more!
elijah1920s
Scratcher
5 posts

i have over 30 followers but i have never f4fed or advertised

elijah1920s
Scratcher
5 posts

it is like stealing someones followers

carot3
Scratcher
89 posts

elijah1920s wrote:

i have over 30 followers but i have never f4fed or advertised

That is good, but it is easy to get followers without F4F. Number 1, say I DON'T DO F4F 2. Make good projects 3. Make better projects 4. Make the best projects ,(not random lancer face movies)

carot3 - Games - Platformers - Animations - And More - [ My Latest Game is ‘- Orbit° - A 360° Rotating Scrolling Platformer’! ]

carot3
Scratcher
89 posts

elijah1920s wrote:

yes, indeed, but they get a follow, and you too. But doing F4F never gets you famous, popular, or anything, in any way. The amount of followers, does not rate you, it is the quality of your projects

Scratcher
46 posts

carot3 wrote:

elijah1920s wrote:

yes, indeed, but they get a follow, and you too. But doing F4F never gets you famous, popular, or anything, in any way. The amount of followers, does not rate you, it is the quality of your projects

I thought you do them and you ask for free follows on free follow accounts, that’s how you got to 300

Platformers • Animations • Art
—————————————————————————————
My newest game: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/406739724/
RedGuy7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nice! Is this going to become a sticky somewhere?

see me here where I make nono word and other junk

Please set a status at Ocular by clicking the below image, to make @Jeffalo happy! #OcularStatusesTo1k

left scratch

found me!
rat101imagirl
New to Scratch
1 post

cool
i likethisidea
AdrielCrafter
Scratcher
500+ posts

Wow man this link is helpful! Always someone advertise on my profile, i'll send this link!

AdrielCrafter

Olá!
Sou o AdrielCrafter, Desenvolvedor de Add-Ons para o simulador OpenBVE, e Scratcher (as vezes)
Selecione qualquer palavra na assinatura e pressione Shift + Seta para Baixo e veja a assinatura completa.

Os fóruns em Português é como uma grande wiki, com uma variedade de tópicos feitos por usuários, para lhe ajudar com o Scratch!
Dá uma olhada!

Algumas coisas sobre o fórum:
Sobre o Scratch
shimon1231
Scratcher
8 posts

yo
YouAlreadyLose
Scratcher
69 posts

Can someone follow me i need to get to 100 followers so please follow me at https://scratch.mit.edu/users/YouAlreadyLose/

Lost B)
FelipeFinder
Scratcher
40 posts

YouAlreadyLose wrote:

Can someone follow me I need to get to 100 followers so please follow me at https://scratch.mit.edu/users/YouAlreadyLose/
This is the problem. People are advertising right now on this forum.
FelipeFinder
Scratcher
40 posts

now this isn't nessecary because the comment above got deleted

Last edited by FelipeFinder (April 24, 2020 18:21:18)

scolder19
Scratcher
7 posts

Paddle2See wrote:

Scratch is a big community and it is important that everyone follow the Community Guidelines, including being respectful and friendly. There are several topics that we would like to address to continue to keep the site friendly.

Advertising
We understand that you want other people to see your projects.. However, misplaced advertising or spamming links is not friendly or respectful to other users.

Where is it okay to advertise?

There are many ways that you can share your projects with others that we don’t consider to violate the Community Guidelines, including:
  • The ‘About Me’ and ‘What I'm Working’ on fields of your profile
  • Changing the Featured Project on your profile
  • Leaving a comment on your own profile
  • Your forum signature in the Discussion Forums
  • In the Show and Tell area of the Discussion Forums (make a new topic for your project)
  • In Studios that are designed for advertising
  • In Studios that have a theme similar to your project (to ask that your project be added to the Studio)

Where is it not okay to advertise?

Any place where your ad would be considered “off-topic”, such as:
  • Comments on someone else's project
  • Comments on someone else's profile (possible exception - maybe your followers profiles would be okay - but you might want to check with them first)
  • On areas of the Discussion Forums other than Show and Tell
  • In Studios that are not relevant to the project you are advertising
Note that “asking for feedback” (with no specifics) for one of your projects could still be considered advertising. However, inviting somebody to enjoy one of your projects that is similar to one of theirs might be considered okay, since you are sharing an interest. We ask that you do not post more than one such comment, and avoid doing this at all on projects which are featured on the Scratch homepage.

Follow-for-Follow (f4f)
Follow-for-Follow, also called f4f, is when a Scratcher invites another Scratcher to become a follower by promising to do the same for them. It is allowed on Scratch. However, it can also be considered spamming or misplaced advertising if you repeatedly post this type of request. We ask that you be respectful of other Scratchers and do not spam Follow-for-follow (f4f) comments.

Following is intended to make it easy to see what another Scratcher is doing. It's a great way to build friendships through shared interests. Just getting more followers should not be your goal - what's important is building strong relationships with other Scratchers and having fun through sharing with them.

That being said, there is no denying that more followers often leads to more views for projects and perhaps more incentive to continue making projects. So it's understandable that some Scratchers try to increase the number of followers they have by offering f4f. However, choosing to follow someone is always a voluntary choice. If you are not interested in following somebody when they ask you (whether it's through an f4f request or any kind of request), just politely decline.
I agree. Users should be able to be reported for advertising. Hold on— I’m going to report that one person rn.
Fukase-VOCALIOD_boi
Scratcher
2 posts

I honestly agree with the advertising in certain areas. it makes sense. also i agree that if people want to do follow for follow, they should ask. I myself dont do follow for follow and if you've followed me, and i follow you, that's because i want to and not because i feel i have to.

Fukase-VOCALIOD_boi rulez
crazypraiselyn
Scratcher
24 posts

when green flag clicked
say [plz no spam] for (2) secs
if <someone spams> then
show variable [ report or tell them to (politely) stop]

end

Last edited by crazypraiselyn (April 24, 2020 18:08:21)

FelipeFinder
Scratcher
40 posts

when green flag clicked
if <a scratcher advertises on ur profile> then
think [welp its the end of my profile (not funny oof)]
end
BirdieAwesome
Scratcher
42 posts

Okay, I'd just readed all of this top to bottom; and I'll just have to give a piece of my mind ‘bout it. Why would anyone advertise? You will get more views if you had that patient! Not if you go like “lOoK aT tHiS pRoJeCt!!!”; it’s just silly to say all of that even so infront of hundreds upon THOUNSANDS of Scratchers will be staring at that comment for a good 1 minute then either reporting or ingoring it. I'll just see that type of comment then like give a look then think “Why would you just do that? You know you aren't being patient by just typing it in!” then I scroll up to the project I wanted to see. Thanks for letting me talk

A Scratcher On here for:
3 years
ooooooooooooo
A Scratcher Known For:
Comics
A PoP manager

ooooooooooooo
Star Signs:
♎️ Libra and Ox
ooooooooooooo
Gender Identification:
She-Cat