Discuss Scratch

Summer-Skies
Scratcher
39 posts

I'm so sorry.

HopesNDreams wrote:

Huh. Something tells me no one reads these. Ah well.

How to Make Someone's Day
Episode 1: Say Thank You

(Ack, this is going to increase your opinion of me, isn't it? Noooo! Your opinion of me is already higher than it should be! Ah well XD)

I just got to school, and as I do every day, I said thank you to my bus driver as I got off the bus. He didn't say “you're welcome”, but that doesn't matter. Why? Why would I say thank you to my bus driver when he's just doing his job?

Well, simply because no one does. Bus drivers don't get much appreciation. They take 40 kids to school and get paid. No one says thank you… But just because they're just doing their job, just because they're being paid, does that mean they don't deserve appreciation? Even if you hate them, even if their attitude is bad… Especially if their attitude is bad, they're still doing their job despite everything. And odds are, you wouldn't be able to get to school without them. A bus driver isn't a particularly pleasant job, partly because no one appreciates you for it. So maybe I'm a highlight of his day.

Or maybe I'm not. Or, say you don't ride the bus. We have other chances. I say thank you to my mom and dad if one of them has to drive me to school, or home from school. I say thank you to my friends, if I ride with them. I say thank you to my teachers as I leave the classroom. These jobs don't get much appreciation. It doesn't matter whether or not you like the person. It doesn't matter whether or not they had to do it. They did a service for you, and they deserve to be appreciated.

Aw, that's super nice (Summer reads this XD)
RavenclawMockingjay
Scratcher
6 posts

I'm so sorry.

HopesNDreams wrote:

(Ack, this is going to increase your opinion of me, isn't it? Noooo! Your opinion of me is already higher than it should be! Ah well XD)

I just got to school, and as I do every day, I said thank you to my bus driver as I got off the bus. He didn't say “you're welcome”, but that doesn't matter. Why? Why would I say thank you to my bus driver when he's just doing his job?

Well, simply because no one does. Bus drivers don't get much appreciation. They take 40 kids to school and get paid. No one says thank you… But just because they're just doing their job, just because they're being paid, does that mean they don't deserve appreciation? Even if you hate them, even if their attitude is bad… Especially if their attitude is bad, they're still doing their job despite everything. And odds are, you wouldn't be able to get to school without them. A bus driver isn't a particularly pleasant job, partly because no one appreciates you for it. So maybe I'm a highlight of his day.

Or maybe I'm not. Or, say you don't ride the bus. We have other chances. I say thank you to my mom and dad if one of them has to drive me to school, or home from school. I say thank you to my friends, if I ride with them. I say thank you to my teachers as I leave the classroom. These jobs don't get much appreciation. It doesn't matter whether or not you like the person. It doesn't matter whether or not they had to do it. They did a service for you, and they deserve to be appreciated.

Where I live it’s just standard lol
nerdi-girl
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm so sorry.

HopesNDreams wrote:

That's awesome! Good for you! I'm also reading LOTR. Gandalf is the best! xD

procrastination station

hi
tigeriffic0
Scratcher
43 posts

I'm so sorry.

Can you please check out my custom-made profile photos? If you don't want to, that's fine. But it would still be nice if you clicked this sentence.

hi there sister. this is probably an old post you are reading. don't believe me? check the date it was posted. now do you believe me? great! want to know how i know it's old? well, i dont post on the forums anymore. come join me on my new account where i am active on the daily, and sometimes upload high quality projects. well, that basically sums it up. later taters! ✌️
HopesNDreams
Scratcher
94 posts

I'm so sorry.

Hey! I had two write two texts (one expository, one poem) for English on the same topic- the topic I chose was rain! My essay was eh, but my poem was good enough to share with you. Thus:

(Edit: yes, I read all those, btw! and sorry bro I don't need a pfp XD)

For a Rainy Day
By HopesNDreams

Let thunder chase the sun away
Behind the mist, unseen
The world is blanketed in gray
Yet all around is green

We can’t quite hear the flowers sing
But all of nature knows
The joy the coming storm will bring
To any tree or rose

The clouds roll in anticipation
Growing dark as they fly
Then watch their great load’s liberation
As it falls from the sky!

Look up as the first droplet falls
Watch its companions’ flight
Listen to the thunder’s calls
After a burst of light

The raindrops tapping on the ground
Their rhythm fills the air
In sleepless nights, rest is found
From daytime’s summer glare

Or go outside, splash in the haze
Go out, dance in the rain
Or simply watch, and be amazed
And you won’t be the same

And when the storm has died away
The shining sun reveals
A freshly purified, clear day
And colors once concealed

Amongst those defying the gray
Are misty streaks of light
A rainbow wears her proud display
Of colors, clear and bright.

Is rain depressed? It is your choice
But if I had a say
I’d tell the whole world to rejoice
For a rainy day!

Last edited by HopesNDreams (Feb. 28, 2020 03:40:50)

HopesNDreams
Scratcher
94 posts

I'm so sorry.

Oh, but you know what…clearly I'm having trouble staying off. So you know what I did.

I deleted all my passwords. My laptop no longer has my passwords saved. Which means I have to actually type them in, making me think twice before opening Scratch XD
Also, I had Scratch bookmarked, but as soon as I started my hiatus I removed the bookmark…but whatever XD

#MakingThingsHardForMyself
#OnPurpose

nerdi-girl
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm so sorry.

HopesNDreams wrote:

Oh, but you know what…clearly I'm having trouble staying off. So you know what I did.

I deleted all my passwords. My laptop no longer has my passwords saved. Which means I have to actually type them in, making me think twice before opening Scratch XD
Also, I had Scratch bookmarked, but as soon as I started my hiatus I removed the bookmark…but whatever XD

#OnPurpose

HopesNDreams wrote:

Hey! I had two write two texts (one expository, one poem) for English on the same topic- the topic I chose was rain! My essay was eh, but my poem was good enough to share with you. Thus:

(Edit: yes, I read all those, btw! and sorry bro I don't need a pfp XD)

For a Rainy Day
By HopesNDreams

Let thunder chase the sun away
Behind the mist, unseen
The world is blanketed in gray
Yet all around is green

We can’t quite hear the flowers sing
But all of nature knows
The joy the coming storm will bring
To any tree or rose

The clouds roll in anticipation
Growing dark as they fly
Then watch their great load’s liberation
As it falls from the sky!

Look up as the first droplet falls
Watch its companions’ flight
Listen to the thunder’s calls
After a burst of light

The raindrops tapping on the ground
Their rhythm fills the air
In sleepless nights, rest is found
From daytime’s summer glare

Or go outside, splash in the haze
Go out, dance in the rain
Or simply watch, and be amazed
And you won’t be the same

And when the storm has died away
The shining sun reveals
A freshly purified, clear day
And colors once concealed

Amongst those defying the gray
Are misty streaks of light
A rainbow wears her proud display
Of colors, clear and bright.

Is rain depressed? It is your choice
But if I had a say
I’d tell the whole world to rejoice
For a rainy day!

Wow! I love that poem, you're very good at poetry! You should enter a contest or something.

procrastination station

hi
HopesNDreams
Scratcher
94 posts

I'm so sorry.

nerdi-girl wrote:

Wow! I love that poem, you're very good at poetry! You should enter a contest or something.

Maybe I should. Except I don't know of any contests I should enter…
Idk, I'll keep an eye out XD

Stardew-
Scratcher
4 posts

I'm so sorry.

ily <3
VioIet-
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm so sorry.

Oh gosh, Hopes- I miss you so, so much. <3 ilysm

I left Scratch and I'm sorry.
HopesNDreams
Scratcher
94 posts

I'm so sorry.

I want to cry out
“No- Wait- I'm here!” But I know
You cannot hear me.

Wow, haiku isn't usually my strong suit, but it worked this time… O.O

I hear you, my friends
I wish I could say “I'm here”
But it is a lie.

Okay…maybe haiku is easier than I thought…but that's besides the point.
I say this because, I hate to see you all upset. Especially since, I'm not upset anymore. I feel happy. When you say you miss me, I feel like correcting you, “No- Wait- I'm here!” I feel like there's nothing to be sad about. But I know it's a lie…

Bad news grows ever closer, every time I come here. But I can't say it just yet.

Last edited by HopesNDreams (Feb. 28, 2020 23:21:40)

moornever
Scratcher
5 posts

I'm so sorry.

I don't know you very well, but you seem very kind and friendly to everyone. Just know that we are with you every step of the way, because we all care about you. As Eleanor Roosevelt once said, “ Many people will work in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart” and that's what you have done. So, just know that if you need a shoulder to cry on, or rant in the comments about anything, please come to us, because you had our back, so now we have your back no matter what. <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333
*sends virtual hugs* DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
HopesNDreams
Scratcher
94 posts

I'm so sorry.

moornever wrote:

As Eleanor Roosevelt once said, “Many people will work in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart” and that's what you have done.

T H A N K Y O U
That was exactly what I needed to hear.
Everyone is sad, and they have every right to feel that way. It doesn't hurt me… But it's nice, for a change, to see someone who will watch me go with a smile… not just out of obligation to make me feel better or support my decision. So thank you, everyone…especially Chaya, Elle, Jade, Summer, Sunny, Vi, G…and especially Elle, Moornever, and Berkeley. I know I said Elle twice. The lists are for different reasons, and Elle is in both. Ilysm Elle <33

Every time I get on here, it's so tempting to give you my bad news. I'll ask my quartet, I suppose…and my quintet.

-MysticRose-
Scratcher
500+ posts

I'm so sorry.

HopesNDreams wrote:

#OnPurpose

Hey Hopes,

Just want you to know
That although we're not best friends
You're still loved and missed

We'd only just become friends when you left but I still miss you - but I also admire you for deciding to do something and then actually doing it. So even though we weren't friends very long before you left, I'm still here for you, and I'm still your friend now <3
I hope your bad news isn't too horrid, don't feel obligated to share it with us if you don't want to.
Also, yup, I tried to write a haiku for you. Emphasis on ‘tried’ <33

Mystic

Last edited by -MysticRose- (March 1, 2020 15:05:05)

⊱ ☀ ⊰ ⊱──────────────────── ⤜‹⭒☀⭒›⤛ ────────────────────⊰ ⊱ ☀ ⊰

⊱ ☀ ⊰ ⊱──────────────────── ⤜‹⭒☀⭒›⤛ ────────────────────⊰ ⊱ ☀ ⊰
RavenclawMockingjay
Scratcher
6 posts

I'm so sorry.

Hopes, are you leaving Scratch pernamently, becuase you sound really happy now your on a break, is that your bad news?❤️
nerdi-girl
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm so sorry.

HopesNDreams wrote:

I want to cry out
“No- Wait- I'm here!” But I know
You cannot hear me.

Wow, haiku isn't usually my strong suit, but it worked this time… O.O

I hear you, my friends
I wish I could say “I'm here”
But it is a lie.

Okay…maybe haiku is easier than I thought…but that's besides the point.
I say this because, I hate to see you all upset. Especially since, I'm not upset anymore. I feel happy. When you say you miss me, I feel like correcting you, “No- Wait- I'm here!” I feel like there's nothing to be sad about. But I know it's a lie…

Bad news grows ever closer, every time I come here. But I can't say it just yet.

I'm glad you're happy!

procrastination station

hi
PearIescence
New to Scratch
7 posts

I'm so sorry.

hello hopes

Last edited by PearIescence (March 2, 2020 03:46:49)

HopesNDreams
Scratcher
94 posts

I'm so sorry.

MYSTIC!!!
XDDDDD I'm laughing so hard right now…because you say we're not good friends! But we ARE! I've been in contact with you this whole time! You just don't know my secret account! Aah, the irony of it! I love it so much XDDDDD
Don't worry, you'll find out soon enough. In a couple weeks XD

And when I reveal my secret account, is also when I reveal my bad news. Because artistically, that is how it is supposed to be XD
So you know…tradeoff XD

Oh- more good news also comes with my bad news-
I'll be turning comments back on.

But as I said, all of this is in a few weeks. So just keep an eye out.

Last edited by HopesNDreams (March 2, 2020 12:41:15)

HopesNDreams
Scratcher
94 posts

I'm so sorry.

See top of page 9…yup, I'm Pearl!

Last edited by HopesNDreams (March 16, 2020 19:04:55)

nerdi-girl
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm so sorry.

I have suspicions on what your accounts are xD I guessed one of them on one of my secret accounts and it was right.

procrastination station

hi