Discuss Scratch

Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pro Invent Inc [Looking for a journalists and game reviewer: Newspaper]

talkingtoilet8 wrote:

wasn't the general concept of the minigame my santa screws up project?
Okay, I just wanted to know there was a final decision.
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ASSIGNMENTS AND QUESTIONS ALL HERE

@NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS:
-The Pro Invent HQ is not up to date with current assignments because it is being updated so that it is easier to check assignments. I'll tell everyone when this is done.

@Tyman187
-Please tell me the general concept of the game.
-Pick another active scratcher outside this collaboration to interview and request (by around 8th November)
-Interview this scratcher (by around 18th November)

@HarryB178
-Write the chapter (by around 24th November)
-Continue to direct the mini game team.

@F1zero
-Finish the November tutorial (by around 8th November)

@Game Review Team
http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/37579/?page=30#post-537876

@Kameli
-Brainstorm possible article titles.

@professornutmeg
-Please curate the studios

@CelebiGamer

@All of Mini Game team, including graphic artists and programmers
-Report to Tyman187 and await assignments to help with the mini game.

Members who are a little inactive
Please report here even if you do not have an assignment:
-Wrclass
-jjbrady18
-F1zero
Tyman187
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The general concept of the game is the Santa Screws up, but with additions. There will be health. Every time you hit a building or the ground, you lose a reindeer. If the time turns to day, the game is over. You have to deliver as many presents as possible before it turns to day.

“Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth.” Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
talkingtoilet8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tyman187 wrote:

The general concept of the game is the Santa Screws up, but with additions. There will be health. Every time you hit a building or the ground, you lose a reindeer. If the time turns to day, the game is over. You have to deliver as many presents as possible before it turns to day.

The original idea actually, was going as fast as you can to cross time zones and avoid turning into day but I changed it to losing raindeer when you miss a present because it was more fun that way. We could easily add losing raindeer when you bump, but what do you mean by health? Another thing we could add is that if a house goes by without a present you also loose a raindeer

@Co45: I could cover the fiction writer job maybe because I am also good at writing stories. I have the basic plot line written for a book I call “the daemonslayer”, so I could try converting it into a full story. I will write the first chapter to see if you like it so far.

Last edited by talkingtoilet8 (Nov. 9, 2014 15:33:33)

Tyman187
Scratcher
1000+ posts

talkingtoilet8 wrote:

Tyman187 wrote:

The original idea actually, was going as fast as you can to cross time zones and avoid turning into day but I changed it to losing raindeer when you miss a present because it was more fun that way. We could easily add losing raindeer when you bump, but what do you mean by health? Another thing we could add is that if a house goes by without a present you also loose a raindeer

@Co45: I could cover the fiction writer job maybe because I am also good at writing stories. I have the basic plot line written for a book I call “the daemonslayer”, so I could try converting it into a full story. I will write the first chapter to see if you like it so far.

By health I meant missing a house.

Tyman187
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Oh, and could any of ya'll test out my game Multiplayer Scroller Test? I need to see if the multiplayer works.

talkingtoilet8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tyman187 wrote:

Oh, and could any of ya'll test out my game Multiplayer Scroller Test? I need to see if the multiplayer works.

ok I'll test it I'm playing it right now

TicTacManiac
Scratcher
59 posts

Can I be a fiction writer I write a lot of stories and have experience plz can I join?

Always willing to do collabs
Check out my profile here
Comment heart and favourite my projects and follow!

TicTacManiac
Scratcher
59 posts

Here is an idea for it:

“I Ran Through the green wavy grass. Tears brimming from my eyes. Not knowing what is going to happen No parents, no rules. Just me in the cold”

This is a story about a 11 year old girl with no parents and Lives alone until she finds a place called Ooo and meets lots of new friends but gets caught in Love!

HarryB178
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TicTacManiac wrote:

Here is an idea for it:

“I Ran Through the green wavy grass. Tears brimming from my eyes. Not knowing what is going to happen No parents, no rules. Just me in the cold”

This is a story about a 11 year old girl with no parents and Lives alone until she finds a place called Ooo and meets lots of new friends but gets caught in Love!

You have to fill out the form!
TicTacManiac
Scratcher
59 posts

HarryB178 wrote:

TicTacManiac wrote:

Here is an idea for it:

Time using Scratch: 3 weeks and 3 days
Time as a Scratcher(website): 1 week 3 days
Link to best project(s): http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/30205276/
Role as a: Fiction writer
Experience in other collaborations (leadership and time): Aurora os (Not sure on time but thedate was 27th of oct)

I have read and agree to the rules
I have read and agree to staff roles.
Copy and paste relevant staff role here: Fiction writer

TicTacManiac
Scratcher
59 posts

Co49 wrote:

ASSIGNMENTS AND QUESTIONS ALL HERE

@NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS:
-The Pro Invent HQ is not up to date with current assignments because it is being updated so that it is easier to check assignments. I'll tell everyone when this is done.

@Tyman187
-Please tell me the general concept of the game.
-Pick another active scratcher outside this collaboration to interview and request (by around 8th November)
-Interview this scratcher (by around 18th November)

@HarryB178
-Write the chapter (by around 24th November)
-Continue to direct the mini game team.

@F1zero
-Finish the November tutorial (by around 8th November)

@Game Review Team
http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/37579/?page=30#post-537876

@Kameli

@professornutmeg
-Please curate the studios

@CelebiGamer

@All of Mini Game team, including graphic artists and programmers
-Report to Tyman187 and await assignments to help with the mini game.

Members who are a little inactive
Please report here even if you do not have an assignment:
-Wrclass
-jjbrady18
-F1zero
Im a little inactive its hard to be on all the time since I share a laptop

HarryB178
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TicTacManiac wrote:

HarryB178 wrote:

TicTacManiac wrote:

Here is an idea for it:

Time using Scratch: 3 weeks and 3 days
Time as a Scratcher(website): 1 week 3 days
Link to best project(s): http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/30205276/
Role as a: Fiction writer
Experience in other collaborations (leadership and time): Aurora os (Not sure on time but thedate was 27th of oct)

I have read and agree to the rules
I have read and agree to staff roles.
Copy and paste relevant staff role here: Fiction writer

Can you write a sample story or chapter to show us your skill?
sunnypiano
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How's that? I'm leaving tomorrow, so yeah. If it's too short, people can continue it.

Screwing up her eyes, Maria slowly calmed herself down. Her family had relocated to Boston from San Francisco. Meanwhile, her dad was somewhere in the garage tinkering with tools. Her family's mansion? Sold. Her piano? Sold. Maria's beloved treasures had been sold, against her own will. “Why couldn't they ship them here?”, she thought. Her parents answers had been too expensive, or just shut up. Since her parents divorced, they had been always mean to her. Her sister had been sent to live with their grandma. Now she was alone. All alone. She looked around, catching glances of the bright orange room. Then she stood up and strolled to the door. Maria tried the knob. Locked. Of COURSE! Her dad always locked her in, only allowing her to come out at breakfast, lunch, and dinner time. She couldn't understand her parents. Why had they divorced? All was a mystery, of course. The orange telephone rang, causing her to jump. Answering the phone, I heard voices in the background. I groaned, then put the phone down. My sister always was annoying me. Just because she was born 1 hour before her, she was always was a snob. Maria do this, Maria do that. A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G. Then the lock of my door turned, and a mysterious voice (totally not her dad's) called out,“Maria…, Maria…., Maria….”.
sunnypiano
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wait… I can be just a fiction writer! I'm going to go on Scratch, just not every day and won't do really any projects
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sunnypiano wrote:

Wait… I can be just a fiction writer! I'm going to go on Scratch, just not every day and won't do really any projects
Oh! So…would you still be a game reviewer or just a fiction writer? And if so, do you still want to be the Fiction Team Manager or not? If you want to stay in the collaboration then I'll re-invite you to the studios and put you back on the list.
Pro_Invent_Inc
Scratcher
40 posts

I am testing out different logos. Please tell me what you think.

or

Last edited by Pro_Invent_Inc (Nov. 10, 2014 15:50:50)

sunnypiano
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

sunnypiano wrote:

Oh! So…would you still be a game reviewer or just a fiction writer? And if so, do you still want to be the Fiction Team Manager or not? If you want to stay in the collaboration then I'll re-invite you to the studios and put you back on the list.

Just a fiction writer I don't really want to be Fiction Team manager, so harryb178 can be it.
sunnypiano
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pro_Invent_Inc wrote:

or

the one with the blue!
ngreen1266
Scratcher
98 posts

Pro_Invent_Inc wrote:

or

Blue for sure!