Scratcher
36 posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

DotDash wrote:

dracae wrote:

DotDash wrote:

Mozzi64 wrote:

I ABSOLUTELY agree.

I wish there were more letters in the word absolutely to express the absolutelyness of my absolutely.
How about Absolutely^Absolutely?
Or aabbssoolluutteellyy?
I support, by the way.

(EDIT: Oh wait I already stated my absolute support…)
It does matter how much you post that you support, just means that its a bigger chance for ST to see

How about, Aaaabbbbssssoooolllluuuutttteeeellllyyyy.
Also, Support

When Giggy Is On Scratch :: hat :: sensing
if <(pick random (1) to (10 ^ 99)) = [1]> then
Share/Create Project :: sensing
else
change [ideas v] by (-1)
end
sagermgc
Scratcher
3 posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

aaaaaAAAa

Last edited by sagermgc (Dec. 12, 2018 16:28:53)

sagermgc
Scratcher
3 posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

ThIS^^^ Onion skins are VERY needed for those of us who want to practice animations on an easy software to use- without having a separate software, which quite a few people on here cannot a s they're on a school computer, onion skinning is necessary. So far, i'm just happy that this idea wasnt in the rejected list.

I really want to do animations on here, but as I use a school issued chromebook, I cannot download things like FireAlpaca, or some other animation softwares. I really hope this gets added in.

Thanks for taking your time to look at this! Have a good one.
P.S, i know that onion skinning seems like it'd take away the “easy” factor, but really if it's just a switch you turn on and off, you can make onion skins reallly easy to use. Just, like, have it off automatically and have a lil onion button in the corner to turn them on.

Thanks!
~sagermgc~
YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

sagermgc wrote:

aaaaaAAAa
Please do not post random things as it's not constructive.

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
Galaxia_TheWolf684
Scratcher
100+ posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

cul8er wrote:

No support. Scratch is primarily a coding site. Although you can animate with it, adding a specialized animation tool like onion-skinning is a bit too much and wouldn't be useful for a lot of Scratchers who don't animate.

Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that some users want to animate, but can't access certain animation programs, like FireAlpaca, and all they can use is the Scratch Paint Editor.

And also, SO WHAT if scratch primarily a coding site?!

My 100th Post
~~~
Cool Music
"Wearing shoes with spikes
Ice physics still apply

Okay."
-Flarestorm 2015

Galaxia_TheWolf684
Scratcher
100+ posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

the2000 wrote:

Support, even though if you're at the level where you'd be using onion skins you should probably move away from Scratch.

If you're suggesting they move onto YT or somewhere if they're at the point where they want to use Onion Skins, keep in mind some people can't, because, reasons.

My 100th Post
~~~
Cool Music
"Wearing shoes with spikes
Ice physics still apply

Okay."
-Flarestorm 2015

jakenoahRises
Scratcher
29 posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

sagermgc wrote:

ThIS^^^ Onion skins are VERY needed for those of us who want to practice animations on an easy software to use- without having a separate software, which quite a few people on here cannot a s they're on a school computer, onion skinning is necessary. So far, i'm just happy that this idea wasnt in the rejected list.

I really want to do animations on here, but as I use a school issued chromebook, I cannot download things like FireAlpaca, or some other animation softwares. I really hope this gets added in.

Thanks for taking your time to look at this! Have a good one.
P.S, i know that onion skinning seems like it'd take away the “easy” factor, but really if it's just a switch you turn on and off, you can make onion skins reallly easy to use. Just, like, have it off automatically and have a lil onion button in the corner to turn them on.

Thanks!
~sagermgc~
I had the same idea as you. My idea was with onion skinning (or as i like to call it, onion layering) it would show the previous costume transparent like the ghost effect at 50%. Support. Oh wait maybe i was talking to the wrong user…

Last edited by jakenoahRises (Dec. 29, 2018 14:23:24)

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

ogre skin

Check out my game, it’s called Rebound (this is a link btw)fillerfillerfilleri’m am a complete idiotfillerfiller(he/him)

also f90707 and ff0000 are cool colors
NilsTheBest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

Full support!
That'd be really cool for animating and a neat feature to have.

DylanSearch
Scratcher
50 posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

Bump.

Use Dylan Search at dylan.global!

;
Kitty_kat234
Scratcher
52 posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

Agree!
when this sprite clicked
broadcast [agree with having onion skin v]

Yoyoyo, it's da kitty of da house.
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

100% support! Would be useful for budding animators like me.

(Silvispher drawing has decided to take a temporary stay in my signature. I'm not betraying Silvee and Tanglispher or anything, it just wanted a stay and I was generous.)

It's been over 20 years since Sonic the Hedgehog first burst on the scene in a blur of blue and red. Since that dazzling debut, Sonic has dabbled in all sorts of genres-racing, snowboarding, pinball-but Sonic Mania goes back to where it all started, grabbing rings and racing round loop-the-loops. It has sprite-based graphics, which means it's pixelated like the original Sonic games were, and classic levels like Green Hill Zone return with new twists throughout. Best of all, it has the old crew back together again to stop Robotnik. Along with Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice and a brand new 3-D game [Sonic Forces], there's never a better time to be a Sonic fan.

- Game On! 2018 (pg. 122)
My secret forum weapon (seizure warning)
Hmmm…
Hmmm…
Hmmm…
Shadow is not amused
PopStarYoda
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

Support! This would be super helpful for animators. Especially for beginner animators.

кᴀтнɪᴇ | ♀ | ♑ | ɪɴғᴘ | ʀᴀνᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ | ғσʀᴜм нᴇʟᴘᴇʀ | † | нσмᴇѕᴄнσσʟᴇᴅ | ᴡʀɪтᴇʀ | ᴀʀтɪsт | ᴅɪsɴᴇʏ ʟσvᴇʀ
ᴘʀσғɪʟᴇsтᴀтsᴀвouт ᴍєwσʀkshoᴘɪɴѕρɪʀᴀтɪσɴ вσᴀʀᴅσғғɪcɪᴀʟ σreσcσмɪc sтuᴅɪσ • вᴇᴀᴜтɪғᴜʟ vɪᴅᴇσs: 1 2 3 4

❝ For nothing is impossible with God.❞ - Luke 1:37

————————————
-Tasteful_Wasteful-
Scratcher
27 posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

Yes I also suggested this, And i absolutely love this idea! <3
TTARises2
Scratcher
66 posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

Support. This is what we need to physically advance in society. This is our peak. This is our time to shine.

ADD ONION SKINS!

No seriously, this would help a lot with making animations without an external program.

ronsid
Scratcher
100+ posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

Partial support. You could use a program that supports layering like GIMP but I would be kind of good to have that in the scratch image editor

This siggy is protected by the Antiquat group
when green flag clicked
say [Scratch Time] for (2) secs
broadcast [funtime v]
when I receive [funtime v]
say [ Yaay] for (2) secs
GullumIncComicz
Scratcher
100+ posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

Support! It could be extremely useful in animations, especially sprites with animations like a walking animation.

Generation 1. Copy and paste this into your siggy, then increase the generation by 1. Then say you continued the generation on @GullumIncComicz profile and the number of your generation. If your generation was already commented, then remove this from your siggy.
BlueStarPort
Scratcher
100+ posts

Onion Skins and Scratch

Support. This would benefit animators, especially ones without access to other programs.

8/10 (hehehehhehheheheh)