crazy thought, i know.

TheNothingBird
Scratcher
100+ posts

Re-add "Echo" Sound Effect

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

how about we dont remove any effects and just add echo back
crazy thought, i know.
True. But we don’t know if Robot or Mute is the very underrated one.

anyways heres the chipflake sonic 3 and knuckles 12 month thing

gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

crazy thought, i know.
Simply unthinkable. Why would you want to add back a great effect like Echo, without removing a different effect like Fade In or Fade Out? Jeez. If you want to add something good, you have to remove another good thing. Common sense. [/sarcastic]

spocite
Scratcher
500+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

crazy thought, i know.
Simply unthinkable. Why would you want to add back a great effect like Echo, without removing a different effect like Fade In or Fade Out? Jeez. If you want to add something good, you have to remove another good thing. Common sense. [/sarcastic]

sorry I just wanted to use this image

Last edited by spocite (Dec. 12, 2020 21:14:45)

if you read this, thanks!
-spocite / posty / alien / the one who is going to take over the world someday (:<

why are all my posts in the suggestions forum

spocite wrote:

the real bruh moment was the friends we made along the way

a normal user can’t read this far, but you can! here's a free cake! tell me you got it on my profile!
gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

That image always cracks me up for some reason [/offtopic]

spocite
Scratcher
500+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

That image always cracks me up for some reason [/offtopic]

Me too xD [/off topic but still support though]

Last edited by spocite (Dec. 12, 2020 21:45:47)

-spocite / posty / alien / the one who is going to take over the world someday (:<

spocite wrote:

a normal user can’t read this far, but you can! here's a free cake! tell me you got it on my profile!
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheNothingBird wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

crazy thought, i know.

I'd say we should remove Mute, because you could just keep making it softer and softer until you hear nothing.

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

TheNothingBird wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

crazy thought, i know.

I'd say we should remove Mute, because you could just keep making it softer and softer until you hear nothing.
Mute is far more useful and more used than robot though, and it'd be inconvenient to constantly click softer and softer, which I believe won't make the sound go away entirely.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fdreerf wrote:

Mute is far more useful and more used than robot though, and it'd be inconvenient to constantly click softer and softer, which I believe won't make the sound go away entirely.

Just replace it with a copy/pasted blank sound effect. See? It's easily workaroundable, whereas robot is unworkaroundable. Sometimes we've just got to pick the coldest flame.

If we get rid of robot, I'm probably not going to find much use of the sound editor again, besides possibly the volume. I don't like this popular opinion of “remove robot because I don't use it”. Remember that there are different Scratchers who use it for different things.

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

If we get rid of robot, I'm probably not going to find much use of the sound editor again, besides possibly the volume. I don't like this popular opinion of “remove robot because I don't use it”. Remember that there are different Scratchers who use it for different things.
Why do we even have to remove any effect? It's a false dilemma, we don't need to pick one or the other. Besides, they removed Echo where your argument still applies, and look where we are…

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fdreerf wrote:

Why do we even have to remove any effect? It's a false dilemma, we don't need to pick one or the other. Besides, they removed Echo where your argument still applies, and look where we are…

I do agree – Echo was a good one.

I also agree that no effects have to be removed, but if we don't remove any, I fear it will be hard to convince the Scratch Team due to the reasoning behind why Echo was removed.

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Going to bring this post from over a year ago back up:

CatsUnited wrote:

I'd like to see the effect come back, though I think to make it seem less overwhelming, they could add one “effects” button that when clicked provides a dropdown of effects to use, such as robot or echo. This could also allow the inclusion of even more sound effects without having the sound editor look any more cluttered.
(original post)

If the ST just changed the layout of the sound editor to put the special effects such as robot or echo into a dropdown, then there would be enough room to keep all the buttons to mute or change the volume or speed (etc.) while providing an outlet for introducing even more effects for sounds into Scratch through the special effects dropdown.

bottom text
spocite
Scratcher
500+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

I'd like to see the effect come back, though I think to make it seem less overwhelming, they could add one “effects” button that when clicked provides a dropdown of effects to use, such as robot or echo. This could also allow the inclusion of even more sound effects without having the sound editor look any more cluttered.
(original post)

If the ST just changed the layout of the sound editor to put the special effects such as robot or echo into a dropdown, then there would be enough room to keep all the buttons to mute or change the volume or speed (etc.) while providing an outlet for introducing even more effects for sounds into Scratch through the special effects dropdown.

unoriginal because of one of my earlier posts, but ok

spocite wrote:

Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

(original post)

That would be a very good solution.

This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

That actually sounds like a good idea - saves space and allows for more effects.

EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

spocite wrote:

bump

I'd much rather choose to get rid of “Mute” instead. It is the exact same thing as snipping out an entire song, which you can do without the “snip” feature.

The snip feature and the mute feature are completely different. And plus, you don't even have to remove any. there is already a perfectly fine but hidden “more” button that already exists in scratches code

You could just use “Softer” until you can't hear it. Why use “Mute”?

I know that you don't have to remove any. It just annoys me how people are saying “Replace robot with echo”.
Agreed. There's no need to get rid of one. One more effect isn't hurting anyone. And if they're really afraid that it is, they can make simple dropdowns.
pikachucandy2
Scratcher
25 posts

TheNothingBird wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

crazy thought, i know.

no. very good hearing people might be able to hear the bad words in songs or audio

Life is like Mentos in Coca-Cola.
DevilGutz
any pronouns (but not she/her plz)
PkmnQ
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pikachucandy2 wrote:

TheNothingBird wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

crazy thought, i know.

no. very good hearing people might be able to hear the bad words in songs or audio
Then soften it more until it's just a line.

This is an account that exists.

Here, have a useful link:
The Official List of Rejected Suggestions by Za-Chary

gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pikachucandy2 wrote:

TheNothingBird wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

crazy thought, i know.

“There's always a softer option..” Literally, you can just click softer a billion times.

kidsrule454
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support! I need the Echo back!

this is ivy, she protects my signature (◕ᴗ◕✿)

hello there! (highlight+shift+down please!)

my name is penny. i'm an asexual panromantic person and i use she/they pronouns.

i love to write and read, and i love music. i'm a big fan of the rare occasions, but i also like the beatles, tally hall, and a lot of other artists.

my favorite color is pink, and my favorite food is tonkatsu with curry.

i love to draw, and i love video game culture. i'm a HUUUUUGE mario fan; i also love animal crossing and pokemon.

my favorite shows are smg4 and murder drones. my favorite movies are star wars: a new hope, smg4 movie: it's gotta be perfect, and the super mario bros. movie.

i'll see you around! :>