Scratcher
500+ posts

Re-add "Echo" Sound Effect

LegoManiac04 wrote:

Bring
Up
This
Topic
Mmm. I think there's a reason why you usually would use "bring up MY topic".

Last edited by EIephant_Lover (Aug. 15, 2019 22:14:00)

BlairTheAnimator
Scratcher
88 posts

Support. I don't honestly care that there were to many features. The echo feature was useful for people who didn't have external software to add it, like Audacity or something. There are workarounds, but the average joe doesn't want to do that. So please add this back ST.

-BlairTheAnimator
P.S. why did i have i am weasel in my signature this whole time even though i never watched it
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LegoManiac04 wrote:

Bring
Up
This
Topic
Wait, that spells B.U.T.T!

Shortie6
Scratcher
31 posts

ResExsention wrote:

!!!

it's–

it's–

it's actually gone

I never really used it anyway (I used Audacity) but it seems like a lot of people liked it.

On the other hand, I'm not sure who ever uses the robot effect.

I use the robot effect to make sounds turn into static without having to record it.

Me
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Oh gods…

That moment when you realise when you posted in a thread and that post is so childish…

Hey there! My name is Nammy. I'm a male Forum Helper and Scratch Wiki Editor.
Profile | Test Account | Talk with me here! | Griffpatch is quitting Scratch?!
D-ScratchNinja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Try the Offline Editor. It still has the Echo effect!

Last edited by D-ScratchNinja (Aug. 24, 2019 01:16:09)

D-ScratchNinja • he/him
- The following is my signature, which always shows up below my posts. -

New! Filter through my projects with my website.

Need to fix an issue? Check out this studio for solutions to some common problems!

OS: Windows 11 / Browser: Microsoft Edge / Time zone: PST/PDT
LegoManiac04
Scratcher
1000+ posts

D-ScratchNinja wrote:

B U T I H A V E A C H R O M E B O O K

B0o0lean
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EIephant_Lover wrote:

LegoManiac04 wrote:

Bring
Up
This
Topic
Mmm. I think there's a reason why you usually would use "bring up MY topic".
lol

haha different dance eight it's no longer å i changed it how does that feel

i go by pyrei/pyra btw, b0o0lean is a stupid username idk why i named myself that
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'd like to see the effect come back, though I think to make it seem less overwhelming, they could add one “effects” button that when clicked provides a dropdown of effects to use, such as robot or echo. This could also allow the inclusion of even more sound effects without having the sound editor look any more cluttered.

bottom text
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

D-ScratchNinja wrote:

You could gasp when you hear this news, but if you want to upload it into the online one then it is of no use.

LegoManiac04 wrote:

~snip~
B U T I H A V E A C H R O M E B O O K

Oh yes, I forgot that the Offline Editor cannot be installed on Chromebooks.

To be honest, I just realized that Chromebooks exist a couple of weeks ago.

B0o0lean wrote:

~snip~
lol

Well, I have a feeling a moderator should take care of the “Bring Up This Topic” post. It's not the best in abbreviation.

CatsUnited wrote:

I'd like to see the effect come back, though I think to make it seem less overwhelming, they could add one “effects” button that when clicked provides a dropdown of effects to use, such as robot or echo. This could also allow the inclusion of even more sound effects without having the sound editor look any more cluttered.

Yes, the sound effects should be optional. Finally a post that is adding to this suggestion.

Hey there! My name is Nammy. I'm a male Forum Helper and Scratch Wiki Editor.
Profile | Test Account | Talk with me here! | Griffpatch is quitting Scratch?!
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nambaseking01 wrote:

D-ScratchNinja wrote:

You could gasp when you hear this news, but if you want to upload it into the online one then it is of no use.
You can upload projects that you made in the offline editor.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

Exactly!

This is a perfect way to do it. They had something like this in 2.0, and they could just redesign it so it matches the style more. Of course, I don't think they need to put everything in a dropdown (for example, copy/paste can stay), but just the onces that are actually an effect, I'd say faster/slower, echo, robot, and reverse. Then we could still have easy access to a lot of them but the less used ones would be less overwhelming.
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

B U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U M P x2

carpyisdead
Scratcher
1 post

Support

The reason for the echo's removal sounds like an excuse to me….
miniepicness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I support this, but isn't it pretty obvious that this is probably never coming back?
We already tried this strategy once, remember?

Last edited by miniepicness (Oct. 7, 2019 23:33:28)

EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

miniepicness wrote:

I support this, but isn't it pretty obvious that this is probably never coming back?
True, but I mean the discuss tab is different. Their reason made sense to me, their reason for this didn't make sense. Besides, it's not like they removed the forums, but they just wiped the echo effect off the face of Scratch for no reason.

It's a shame, because I was going to make a tutorial using the echo effect on how to make different effects for games. Sigh…
miniepicness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EIephant_Lover wrote:

miniepicness wrote:

True, but I mean the discuss tab is different. Their reason made sense to me, their reason for this didn't make sense. Besides, it's not like they removed the forums, but they just wiped the echo effect off the face of Scratch for no reason.

It's a shame, because I was going to make a tutorial using the echo effect on how to make different effects for games. Sigh…
I have so many reasons to move to Snap! right now, but I'm probably not going to until they get comments.
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I stole the code they had for the echo effect and put it here if you guys still want to use it

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
SuperSheep99
Scratcher
91 posts

what has happened to this post

I figured out how to add colored text to my forum posts hahaha
If you want to know too just ask me in my profile's comments.