Discuss Scratch

luiysia
Scratcher
500+ posts

LGBTQ+ Media

Dinoguy8 wrote:

Scratch_Foxy_Rogues wrote:

I've been invested in Steven Universe for a number of years now, and I've always appreciated how prominent LGBT themes are in the show. It's so great that stuff like this is making its way into the mainstream
To my knowledge, Steven Universe had to backpedal hard. Didn't they end up writing Gems having relationships off as them being technically genderless so it's “”“not gay”“”? I'm not too well versed in the show (haven't watched more than a few episodes) so if you'd be willing to correct/explain that'd be dandy.
They are pretty gay.

It’s such a little thing to weep—
So short a thing to sigh—
And yet—by Trades—the size of these
We men and women die!

- Emily Dickinson
Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

LGBTQ+ Media

luiysia wrote:

Dinoguy8 wrote:

I've been invested in Steven Universe for a number of years now, and I've always appreciated how prominent LGBT themes are in the show. It's so great that stuff like this is making its way into the mainstream
To my knowledge, Steven Universe had to backpedal hard. Didn't they end up writing Gems having relationships off as them being technically genderless so it's “”“not gay”“”? I'm not too well versed in the show (haven't watched more than a few episodes) so if you'd be willing to correct/explain that'd be dandy.
They are pretty gay.
Who told you they're not gay? They are gay
PuzzlePiece
Scratcher
7 posts

LGBTQ+ Media

my favorite gay character is scar from the lion king
TheAspiringHacker
Scratcher
100+ posts

LGBTQ+ Media

PuzzlePiece wrote:

A nine-year-old account with not much activity and only one forum post? :thinking:

Long live Kyoto Animation!
luiysia
Scratcher
500+ posts

LGBTQ+ Media

Oh, and when talking about LGBT themes in manga, I would be remiss to not mention My Brother's Husband, which is about a man's relationship with, well, his brother's husband. It talks about homophobia in Japan and stuff. IIRC it was fairly groundbreaking for being one of the few manga with LGBT themes to be published in a seinen magazine, and received a lot of acclaim in Japan and overseas. I've read it. It's good!

It’s such a little thing to weep—
So short a thing to sigh—
And yet—by Trades—the size of these
We men and women die!

- Emily Dickinson
PuzzlePiece
Scratcher
7 posts

LGBTQ+ Media

TheAspiringHacker wrote:

PuzzlePiece wrote:

A nine-year-old account with not much activity and only one forum post? :thinking:
i've spent this whole time hiding in a tiny bunker inside a volcano formulating the perfect post inside of my tiny rat brain, my breathing labored and sweat running in my eyes. now i have made the post and i can rejoin society.
Dinoguy8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LGBTQ+ Media

PuzzlePiece wrote:

TheAspiringHacker wrote:

PuzzlePiece wrote:

i've spent this whole time hiding in a tiny bunker inside a volcano formulating the perfect post inside of my tiny rat brain, my breathing labored and sweat running in my eyes. now i have made the post and i can rejoin society.
is there a Scratch forum hall-of-fame? If so, this post belongs in it.

luiysia wrote:

Dinoguy8 wrote:

They are pretty gay.
Who told you they're not gay? They are gay
Aren't they supposed to be genderless rock beings, only presenting as women? Like I said, I'm a hapless fool when it comes to this show. Sorry for any offence I possibly could've caused.
Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

LGBTQ+ Media

Dinoguy8 wrote:

Aren't they supposed to be genderless rock beings, only presenting as women? Like I said, I'm a hapless fool when it comes to this show.
Basically, yes they are, but as far as I can recall that's only ever been brought up in a meta context i.e. it's not addressed on the show. In any case, it's simply a cool lore factoid and most certainly not an attempt to make the show ‘less gay.’ They really, truly do not shy away from their LGBT characters and narratives. From the latest season…

Last edited by Scratch_Foxy_Rogues (May 10, 2019 04:29:09)

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LGBTQ+ Media

PuzzlePiece wrote:

TheAspiringHacker wrote:

PuzzlePiece wrote:

this is an absolutely incredible thing to witness

bottom text
Dinoguy8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LGBTQ+ Media

Dinoguy8 wrote:

Aren't they supposed to be genderless rock beings, only presenting as women? Like I said, I'm a hapless fool when it comes to this show.
Basically, yes they are, but as far as I can recall that's only ever been brought up in a meta context i.e. it's not addressed on the show. In any case, it's simply a cool lore factoid and most certainly not an attempt to make the show ‘less gay.’ They really, truly do not shy away from their LGBT characters and narratives. From the latest season…

*wholesome image snip*
That's actually really, really cool. You'd think a widely broadcast cable TV show would shy away from being that upfront with it's queer characters. But here they are, getting married.
doesn't change the fact that it's getting butchered by overseas S&P though. sigh…
PopStarYoda
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LGBTQ+ Media

GlobAnimations wrote:

PopStarYoda wrote:

Dinoguy8 wrote:

MaximunPokeMaster wrote:

i hear paddle noises.

you feel your paddle crawling on your back.

dun dun DUN

oh no not a paddle

yes… the paddle…

кᴀтнɪᴇ | ♀ | ɪɴғᴘ | ʀᴀνᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ | ғσʀᴜм нᴇʟᴘᴇʀ | 3 ʏᴇᴀʀs+ σɴ scʀᴀтcʜ | † | нσмᴇѕᴄнσσʟᴇᴅ | cᴜʀᴀтᴇᴅ x1
♥️ ᴘʀσғɪʟᴇsтᴀтsᴀвouт ᴍєwσʀkshoᴘɪɴѕρɪʀᴀтɪσɴ вσᴀʀᴅ ♥️
——————
——————
2Dproductions
Scratcher
500+ posts

LGBTQ+ Media

is this topic gay/lesbian?

Last edited by 2Dproductions (May 10, 2019 19:35:35)

scratch is maayo kana.
petsounds
Scratcher
500+ posts

LGBTQ+ Media

2Dproductions wrote:

hmmm wow what a mystery really makes u think
findanegg
Scratcher
500+ posts

LGBTQ+ Media

2Dproductions wrote:

no this topic is for lizards and guacamole

it me. the bisexual indie softboi. no pronouns (do not refer to me). currents is a bad album
PuzzlePiece
Scratcher
7 posts

LGBTQ+ Media

findanegg
Scratcher
500+ posts

LGBTQ+ Media

PuzzlePiece wrote:

bear energy

it me. the bisexual indie softboi. no pronouns (do not refer to me). currents is a bad album
TheAspiringHacker
Scratcher
100+ posts

LGBTQ+ Media

In Mr. Ratburn and the Special Someone, Mr. Ratburn marries a man.

I just randomly decided to visit the Arthur site to watch episodes and relieve my younger memories, and apparently this episode premiered today?

Long live Kyoto Animation!
petsounds
Scratcher
500+ posts

LGBTQ+ Media

TheAspiringHacker wrote:

I just randomly decided to visit the Arthur site to watch episodes and relieve my younger memories, and apparently this episode premiered today?
thanks for letting us know, very happy for my main man mr ratburn
findanegg
Scratcher
500+ posts

LGBTQ+ Media

petsounds wrote:

TheAspiringHacker wrote:

thanks for letting us know, very happy for my main man mr ratburn
mr ratburn said gay rights

Dinoguy8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LGBTQ+ Media

TheAspiringHacker wrote:

i'm so proud of him ngl.