Discuss Scratch

CZ2746
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Official List of Rejected Suggestions

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

-snip-
Okay, I think they know what yeet means, so let's get back on topic shall we?
yeah… That was more than what I needed

Signature protectors: (~˘▾˘)~ (◕‿◕✿) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Signature eaters (WARNING! THESE MIGHT EAT YOUR SIGNATURE): (っ˘ڡ˘ς)
Highlight part of this, then press: CTRL+ SHIFT+DOWN. And you will see the rest of this
when green flag clicked
if <following CZ2746> then
play sound [you are cool! v]
say [you are cool!]
else
say [Pls follow!]
░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░▌▒█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▌░░░
░░░░░░░░▌▒▒█░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▐░░░
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐░░░
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐░░░
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌░░░
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌░░
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐░░
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀▄▌░
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▌░
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▐░
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▐░
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▌░
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒▐░░
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒▌░░
░░░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▄▀░░░
░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀░░░░░░░░
scratchykit5743
Scratcher
1000+ posts

timnaxo wrote:

This is how to make a money block but it will spend fake or in game money
Step 1, make a varible this is the varible I made:
(Money)

step 2, create a block :
define ask for $(amount of money)
ask (join [$] (join (amount of money) [please])) and wait
if <<(answer) = [ok]> or <(answer) = [yes]>> then
change [Money] by (join [-] (amount of money))

else
set (Money) to (Money)
end

hello timnaxo-

you posted in the wrong place.

feel free to post this is the “project ideas” forum!!!

psst! Hit ctrl + shift + down to see the rest!

For whatever reason mister Jon Arbuckle got removed ;-; I'll find a replacement GIF later

Anyways hi, I'm SK

I've been on this site since I was 10 years old. I am currently 15

I have a major addiction to sweet tea and draw a crap ton of stuff in my free time (not all of which is scratch appropriate). I post whatever I want to on the main site and mostly manage the collaborations directory and answer questions in QaS on the forums

I have over 2000 posts lol, a huge chunk of them being from when I was 11-12 during the height of COVID

If by any chance the post you''re reading is from early 2021 or before, please forget that post exists since it is cringey

This is Kimikat.
     (OwO)
She protecc my siggy, and has been since 2020
jaguar1501
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratchykit5743 wrote:

timnaxo wrote:

This is how to make a money block but it will spend fake or in game money
Step 1, make a varible this is the varible I made:
(Money)

step 2, create a block :
define ask for $(amount of money)
ask (join [$] (join (amount of money) [please])) and wait
if <<(answer) = [ok]> or <(answer) = [yes]>> then
change [Money] by (join [-] (amount of money))

else
set (Money) to (Money)
end

hello timnaxo-

you posted in the wrong place.

feel free to post this is the “project ideas” forum!!!
I think they posted that here because it is a workaround to one of the rejected suggestions.

I moved!
Check out my new account!
JC20092009
Scratcher
500+ posts

But New Scratchers could already have experience before they started scratch. There are many New Scratchers who know JavaScript! Why should we restrain them from learning another coding language? It’ll expand their knowledge of coding and intrigue them. If they felt overwhelmed, they wouldn’t pull up the JavaScript. I fail to see what’s wrong with expanding a Scratcher’s field of knowledge. What’s wrong with learning?
jaguar1501
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JC20092009 wrote:

But New Scratchers could already have experience before they started scratch. There are many New Scratchers who know JavaScript! Why should we restrain them from learning another coding language? It’ll expand their knowledge of coding and intrigue them. If they felt overwhelmed, they wouldn’t pull up the JavaScript. I fail to see what’s wrong with expanding a Scratcher’s field of knowledge. What’s wrong with learning?
This is not the place, nor is there a place, to complain about why your suggestion is rejected. Scratch is an introduction to programming. If a New Scratcher knows Java, they can use Java. Simple.
EDIT: I'm also confused as to what suggestion you are talking about. New Scratchers are allowed to make projects. Your point doesn't seem to make any sense from my view. Could you elaborate?
EDIT EDIT: Nvm, you were talking about the ‘convert scratch to javascript’ one.
New scratchers who know javascript should use Javasript on Javascript, and Scratch on Scratch. It is not useful to have a Javascript editor in scratch.

Last edited by jaguar1501 (June 4, 2020 16:09:17)

I moved!
cheesyfriedeggs
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JC20092009 wrote:

Scratch is meant to introduce people to programming. A person new to coding could open up the Javascript and be overwhelmed by it.
Codeingit
Scratcher
500+ posts

@Za-Chary Is My Suggestion In this Sticky Any Where? If So Show me Where is it at.

Hello, I'm a Scratcher who is autistic but some how likes Bill Cipher and FNAF. I really like to: collect Funko pops, collect Sports cards, and play video games. Remember to be moist . I forgot what else to put here .
My 600th form post
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–
Remember that before making a suggestion, always check The Official List of Rejected Suggestions (TOLORS) to make sure that your suggestion isn't rejected, Also make sure to check if your suggestion is a duplicate or not so you don't post a duplicate of a existing suggestion. And finally, when replying to a forum post (Mainly for Questions about Scratch), always check the date of the forum post so you don't necropost
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

“Letters in cloud variables” was thankfully provided a message today on why we are not implementing it: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/411208/?page=1#post-4094599

I will add this to the list since a lot of people have suggested it.

EDIT: Done! It is listed as 1.12.
1.12 Letters in cloud variables
Some users would like an easy way to set cloud variables to values which include letters. Such a feature was present in the beta version of Scratch 2.0. However, allowing letters in cloud variables would cause a lot of moderation issues. For instance, it would make it too easy to make inappropriate cloud chat projects; for more information, see #3.1 on this list. Hence the feature was removed, and so cloud variables can now only be set to numeric values.

By encoding and decoding, it is possible to simulate letters in cloud variables, but in reality they are just using numbers in cloud variables and letters in normal variables.

Last edited by Za-Chary (June 5, 2020 12:23:03)

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Codeingit wrote:

@Za-Chary Is My Suggestion In this Sticky Any Where? If So Show me Where is it at.
I recall that one of your suggestions was to notify a Scratcher when we've banned someone else as a result of the Scratcher's report. This is not something we will be doing — it falls under "Show when users are banned" (8.4).

I don't think the rest of your suggestions were rejected, from what I remember.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

Monniasza_spzoo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

“Letters in cloud variables” was thankfully provided a message today on why we are not implementing it: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/411208/?page=1#post-4094599

I will add this to the list since a lot of people have suggested it.

EDIT: Done! It is listed as 1.12.
1.12 Letters in cloud variables
Some users would like an easy way to set cloud variables to values which include letters. Such a feature was present in the beta version of Scratch 2.0. However, allowing letters in cloud variables would cause a lot of moderation issues. For instance, it would make it too easy to make inappropriate cloud chat projects; for more information, see #3.1 on this list. Hence the feature was removed, and so cloud variables can now only be set to numeric values.

By encoding and decoding, it is possible to simulate letters in cloud variables, but in reality they are just using numbers in cloud variables and letters in normal variables.
However, current content filters are far more advanced than those from the era when Scratch 2 was experimental and may block every profane word. The content filter also can learn from actual people to improve their decisions far faster than coders can refine them when new methods of abuse are discovered and/or created.
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Monniasza_spzoo wrote:

However, current content filters are far more advanced than those from the era when Scratch 2 was experimental and may block every profane word. The content filter also can learn from actual people to improve their decisions far faster than coders can refine them when new methods of abuse are discovered and/or created.
That does not change the fact that it is rejected. I think based on how many false positives we get for our existing automated systems (i.e. the “filterbot”), both Scratchers and the Scratch Team would prefer human moderation anyway.

Juggernaut411
Scratcher
100+ posts

Section 1.8 can be in SCRATCH if you add a button that allows you to change the scratch editor from 2D to 3D.
KittyFireSt0rm
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Juggernaut411 wrote:

Section 1.8 can be in SCRATCH if you add a button that allows you to change the scratch editor from 2D to 3D.

And that would be a mess, a ton of work for the ST, and not many scratchers have the knowledge to use something like it, if you want a 3D thing, make it yourself, I'd recommend poking around Advanced Topics or asking in the Help with Scripts forums

Sorry Za-chary, idk if you wanted the top spot XD

Last edited by KittyFireSt0rm (June 5, 2020 23:23:34)

404: Signature Not Found
8bitjake
Scratcher
100+ posts

KittyFireSt0rm wrote:

Juggernaut411 wrote:

And that would be a mess, a ton of work for the ST, and not many scratchers have the knowledge to use something like it, if you want a 3D thing, make it yourself, I'd recommend poking around Advanced Topics or asking in the Help with Scripts forums

Sorry Za-chary, idk if you wanted the top spot XD
Exactly.

TheWeirdGuy600
Scratcher
43 posts

Welp, before reading this I've made an unofficial Discord server which is a Scratcher Club. It isn't popular though.

when green flag clicked
forever
say [hedublabudabushabudibuabushibubolobaba]
end
xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheWeirdGuy600 wrote:

Welp, before reading this I've made an unofficial Discord server which is a Scratcher Club. It isn't popular though.
It took some guts for you to say that.

That's like, going to a police station and saying you did something illegal. XD

Anyway, Discord severs aren't allowed on Scratch, no exceptions, so I would advise to delete the server.

jaguar1501
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

TheWeirdGuy600 wrote:

It took some guts for you to say that.

That's like, going to a police station and saying you did something illegal. XD

Anyway, Discord servers aren't allowed on Scratch, no exceptions, so I would advise to delete the server.
Unless that person posted a link to the Discord somewhere on Scratch, *I think* it should be fine..
It's against the rules to post links to a Discord on Scratch, not to make a Discord about Scratch.

I moved!
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jaguar1501 wrote:

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

TheWeirdGuy600 wrote:

Anyway, Discord servers aren't allowed on Scratch, no exceptions, so I would advise to delete the server.
Unless that person posted a link to the Discord somewhere on Scratch, *I think* it should be fine..
It's against the rules to post links to a Discord on Scratch, not to make a Discord about Scratch.
Right, please do not share links to the Discord chat on Scratch. We can't actually make you delete the Discord chat, though.

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

jaguar1501 wrote:

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

TheWeirdGuy600 wrote:

Right, please do not share links to the Discord chat on Scratch. We can't actually make you delete the Discord chat, though.
Ohhhhhhhhh

Monniasza_spzoo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Monniasza_spzoo wrote:

That does not change the fact that it is rejected. I think based on how many false positives we get for our existing automated systems (i.e. the “filterbot”), both Scratchers and the Scratch Team would prefer human moderation anyway.
Possible in the future, as filterbot improves.