Discuss Scratch

PizzaAddict4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Official List of Rejected Suggestions

Ok.

I am thinking about making a voice-version of this version so people who have bad vision can still listen to it. I don't know when it would be used but it might.

Well, actually I might use TTS, not sure yet

Edit: Yeah, TTS will make it easier to update. I am going to make that!

Last edited by PizzaAddict4Life (May 29, 2020 17:03:42)

Projects
#SaveCubeupload | Kumquat Attack | Game in which you can submit your avatar

Studios
Be Moist | Forum Helpers

Topics
#RoadToMoist100

Press CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN after highlighting a bit of my signature to see the rest of my signature (and keep doing it)

Whats a stick?

If you suggest that the days since 2000 block is removed, you are going to feel the wrath of my TNT recklessness

My kumquat protectors: (~˘▾˘)~ ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) (◕‿◕✿) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Total Power: 35

Ok this is the end of my signature, but scroll down some more if you want some nice color hex codes.

Turquoise ish green: #17e67b
Epic nice blue: #0090c0
Cool light blue: #c4ffec, #a3ffe1, #85ffd7

Bippity Boppity Boo wow you found me congrats
PizzaAddict4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I found a minor problem on 1.11!

It is currently this

forever if <> { } :: control

But it should be this

forever if <> { } :: control cap

Because the forever block has a cap also under it

Projects

Studios
Be Moist | Forum Helpers

Topics
#RoadToMoist100

Press CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN after highlighting a bit of my signature to see the rest of my signature (and keep doing it)

Whats a stick?

If you suggest that the days since 2000 block is removed, you are going to feel the wrath of my TNT recklessness

My kumquat protectors: (~˘▾˘)~ ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) (◕‿◕✿) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Ok this is the end of my signature, but scroll down some more if you want some nice color hex codes.

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

I found a minor problem on 1.11!
Nice find! I'll fix it.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
PizzaAddict4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I have now put all of the new block suggestions into the official list of rejected suggestions in TTS. (And no, I am not saying that my project is an official project, just that this is what the list was called)

The project will be updated to the 2._, 3._, and so on.

I did remove a few parts:

Whenever it said “The block below”, I changed it to, “the block”, because there is no block below.

Whenever it said “You can discuss that here” right after it said a version of that is not rejected, I took that out. (I did keep in the fact that it is not rejected though)

Edit: It has now been updated to include 2.2

Last edited by PizzaAddict4Life (May 29, 2020 18:46:02)

Projects

Studios
Be Moist | Forum Helpers

Topics
#RoadToMoist100

Whats a stick?

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

I have now put all of the new block suggestions into the official list of rejected suggestions in TTS. (And no, I am not saying that my project is an official project, just that this is what the list was called)
That's a really cool idea! I think there could be some ways you could improve usability — possibly by having sprites that show “1.1”, “1.2”, etc. and then the user has to click on the block to hear that suggestion.

If you continue to work on this, I might choose to add a link to it on the main list as a “translation.”

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

If you continue to work on this, I might choose to add a link to it on the main list as a “translation.”
Well, if you do, make sure to write the link in bold, big text.

PizzaAddict4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

That's a really cool idea! I think there could be some ways you could improve usability — possibly by having sprites that show “1.1”, “1.2”, etc. and then the user has to click on the block to hear that suggestion.

That is what I was planning on!

A “play all” button
A “play section” button
A “play part” button

First I am going to have to finish the entire list, but then I will do that!

Projects

Studios
Be Moist | Forum Helpers

Topics
#RoadToMoist100

Whats a stick?

atrima
Scratcher
19 posts

Plz let us change our users, u can notify ppl we follow about it and u can keep a rule as u can only change your user once a month so that ppl wont troll…

Hey! Hi, I am Atrima! Nice to meet ya!
jaguar1501
Scratcher
1000+ posts

atrima wrote:

Plz let us change our users, u can notify ppl we follow about it and u can keep a rule as u can only change your user once a month so that ppl wont troll…
Sorry, but that suggestion is rejected and so will never be implemented. Even if followers got notifications, it would be hard for the servers to handle.

I moved!
Check out my new account!
Tortuga_Lover
Scratcher
55 posts

Where is the list of non-rejected suggestions?

★彡 Tortuga_Lover彡★
Gacha Life Dress Up!
say [Follow Tortuga_Lover!]
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tortuga_Lover wrote:

Where is the list of non-rejected suggestions?
Any suggestion not listed here is most likely not rejected. Many of them are listed here: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/212472/

Tortuga_Lover
Scratcher
55 posts

About this suggestion 7.13 Propose your own projects to be featured
There are a few reasons why this rule is in place. For one, if users could propose their own projects, then there would be a lot more requests in the Propose Projects to be Featured studio, and it would be very difficult for curators to add them all. But also, proposing someone else's project helps to enforce that Scratch is a helpful and supportive community, as proposing someone's project to be featured is an indication that the project creator has made a good project. Lastly, this verifies that at least one other person has seen the project and agrees that it is a feature-worthy project, leading to higher-quality proposals.

If you would like your own project to be featured, keep in mind that you can actually ask someone else to propose your project for you. Be sure to practice good advertising as described in this topic, and be polite when asking, keeping in mind that they may decide not to propose it, and you should not try to force them to feature it.

People could make fake accounts (new accounts) and suggest themselves multiple times

★彡 Tortuga_Lover彡★
Gacha Life Dress Up!
say [Follow Tortuga_Lover!]
PizzaAddict4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about 3.1, is it ok if you make a cloud chat, but you have a system that can detect numbers, and they can input any number freely? Example:

Bob wants to tell amanda about a project through a cloud chat with whitelisted phrases. Bob presses the button saying “Project ___” and then it asks him for a number.

Bob puts in the number “1” and it shows a message saying “scratch.mit.edu/projects/1/

However, the next day, bob's sister gets on and sees someone on the cloud chat. His sister is mean, and when they press the same button bob did, they enter: ”You are so mean, and you should quit scratch". It then appears as: scratch.mit.edu/projects/0/

Projects

Studios
Be Moist | Forum Helpers

Topics
#RoadToMoist100

Whats a stick?

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

Question about 3.1, is it ok if you make a cloud chat, but you have a system that can detect numbers, and they can input any number freely?
I would say no because users could type numbers to get around the phone number censor.

PizzaAddict4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

Question about 3.1, is it ok if you make a cloud chat, but you have a system that can detect numbers, and they can input any number freely?
I would say no because users could type numbers to get around the phone number censor.

There is a phone number sensor???

I guess that makes sense,

Projects

Studios
Be Moist | Forum Helpers

Topics
#RoadToMoist100

Whats a stick?

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

There is a phone number sensor???

I guess that makes sense,
Yeah, it's the thing that turns any number you type that has 10 or more digits into X's.

M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I know why showing other people unshared projects is rejected at this time, but it could be really helpful in the help with scripts forum if someone doesn’t want to share their project yet.

There’s many reasons why someone might not want or not be able to share a project yet, such as:

-announcing the winners of a contest. If the list isn’t finished yet, someone might view the project and be confused and think it’s some kind of troll project.

-(…) followers announcement projects. Because you might be starting the project when you’re close to getting that many followers, and you plan on sharing it right when it happens. If you share it before you have that many people might accuse you of lying and trying to trick the community, among other things.

-birthday gift/secret surprise for a friend. I suppose that’s self explanatory, you wouldn’t want your friend to mistakenly see it before it’s finished. Though a potential solution is disguising it as something else, but still -shrug-.

-scratchacervsary (yes I know I spelled it wrong) announcement. For the same reason as followers.

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!

jaguar1501
Scratcher
1000+ posts

M1mikyu wrote:

I know why showing other people unshared projects is rejected at this time, but it could be really helpful in the help with scripts forum if someone doesn’t want to share their project yet.

There’s many reasons why someone might not want or not be able to share a project yet, such as:

-announcing the winners of a contest. If the list isn’t finished yet, someone might view the project and be confused and think it’s some kind of troll project.

-(…) followers announcement projects. Because you might be starting the project when you’re close to getting that many followers, and you plan on sharing it right when it happens. If you share it before you have that many people might accuse you of lying and trying to trick the community, among other things.

-birthday gift/secret surprise for a friend. I suppose that’s self explanatory, you wouldn’t want your friend to mistakenly see it before it’s finished. Though a potential solution is disguising it as something else, but still -shrug-.

-scratchacervsary (yes I know I spelled it wrong) announcement. For the same reason as followers.
But what I don't understand is why you would want someone to see those projects while they were unshared. Showing other people unshared projects would not help with keeping those things private. Just don't share them yet and you'll be fine.

Last edited by jaguar1501 (June 1, 2020 13:15:11)

I moved!
Check out my new account!
CZ2746
Scratcher
100+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

1.11 “Forever if” C block
The block below was in the Scratch 1.4 editor, and worked the same as putting an “if” block inside the existing “forever” loop. It was removed in Scratch 2.0 because many beginning Scratchers found it to be confusing. The aforementioned workaround, evidently, is simple and more intuitive.

forever if <> { } :: control cap

Yeah. If you try to get the block from 1.4 editor and go to 3.0, it turns into:
forever
if <> then

end
end

Signature protectors: (~˘▾˘)~ (◕‿◕✿) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Signature eaters (WARNING! THESE MIGHT EAT YOUR SIGNATURE): (っ˘ڡ˘ς)
Highlight part of this, then press: CTRL+ SHIFT+DOWN. And you will see the rest of this
when green flag clicked
if <following CZ2746> then
play sound [you are cool! v]
say [you are cool!]
else
say [Pls follow!]
░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░▌▒█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▌░░░
░░░░░░░░▌▒▒█░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▐░░░
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐░░░
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐░░░
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌░░░
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌░░
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐░░
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀▄▌░
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▌░
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▐░
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▐░
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▌░
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒▐░░
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒▌░░
░░░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▄▀░░░
░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀░░░░░░░░
WindOctahedron
Scratcher
1000+ posts

M1mikyu wrote:

-snip-
I think that you can just use a Forkphorus link for this.

The message above may contain wrong information, rude remarks, or something embarrassing to my current self. In this case, please ignore it and remember that I likely wrote it back when I didn't know what “respect” truly meant. I really hate thinking about it again.