Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Official List of Rejected Suggestions

k7e wrote:

Zydrolic wrote:

Sliverus wrote:

(#7905)
Any examples?
Most of the warrior cats ones are probably a good example, there were a lot of those (or those are questions I'm remembering from QaS as I legit cannot find any of them anymore).
Isn't that already rejected under “ban a certain franchise”?
I think so.

Like PaRappa, you gotta believe!

Give me an internet
Dis is a Yoshi

Friend me on 3DS Name: Hank FC: 3196-9968-9861
Windows XP Fat Yoshi edition
Yoshi's Adventure
Sliverus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

k7e wrote:

Isn't that already rejected under “ban a certain franchise”?
I think that particular example, yes. But some other types of project ban suggestions, such as banning generic platformers, wouldn't qualify as being under a particular franchise.
RobotChickens
Scratcher
500+ posts

Adding Imjur as an image host just got rejected. Not sure if this is popular enough to get added though.

Replying to SPAM is only adding more off-topic SPAM. Just report it.

Support the suggestion HERE by adding this button to your signature
Get cool forum emojis HERE

Google Noto Emoji is superior as you can see

ham119910
Scratcher
10 posts

4.1 Disable “See Inside” or restrict sharing
Some users want an option to prevent Scratchers from looking inside their project and using their artwork, scripts, or sounds. However, the core ideas of Scratch are "Imagine, Program, Share.“ By sharing a project on the Scratch website, you are allowing others to see the code and potentially remix or reuse the data inside, as long as they give credit. That being said, please use the Report button on any project that uses content from another Scratcher without giving credit to them. If you do not want other users to see inside your project, then do not share your project on the Scratch website.
Instead, put it on Creaticode! They have that.

Hello! :: #0088FF
-Harley
YtArie5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

RobotChickens wrote:

Adding Imjur as an image host just got rejected. Not sure if this is popular enough to get added though.
I think adding rejected image hosts in general fits that.

everything below is my signature, it appears under everything I post.

(Y::undefined)(T::variables)(A::control)(R::operators)(I::sensing)(E::motion)(5::looks) ::extension 

Outside I'm smiling but inside I'm sans the skeleton

Why are you here, you extension user? This is where I put my copypastas! Run along, now!

Please only create new threads here if you're a New Scratcher introducing yourself the community. Check out [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/399690/]Making a guide/welcome topic? Please read this first![/url]

Hello!  It's great that you want to help out other Scratchers.  However, I think we have enough guides in the forums at the moment.  Please feel free to welcome new Scratchers on [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/4670/]the group welcoming topic[/url] or on individual topics created by New Scratchers.

Other places that can always use more helpful Scratchers like you, are the "[url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/7/]Help With Scripts[/url]" and "[url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/4/]Questions About Scratch[/url]" areas - please use them as designed, by responding to topics created by folks with problems to solve :)

Finally, a really good place for Scratch guides is the [url=https://en.scratch-wiki.info/]Scratch Wiki[/url] - check it out and see if it's something you might like to work on. They have a number of guides - and great organization.
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Could there be a note added to tell people that if they really complain about slow load times, they could just view the list from source? For example, just above general information:
NOTE
If the page load time feels too slow, view the list from source.
BBCode:
[big][b]NOTE[/b][/big]
If the page load time feels too slow, view the list from [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/3466932/source/]source[/url].
And as for the Table of Contents, perhaps to this:
Click here for a table of contents with shorter explanations on why suggestions are rejected, you can also view the table of contents from its source.
BBCode again:
[url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/3471785/]Click here[/url] for a table of contents with shorter explanations on why suggestions are rejected, you can also view the table of contents from its [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/3471785/source/]source[/url].

Last edited by Zydrolic (Dec. 7, 2023 19:01:11)

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/youtube/H597t74XPtM/

guy who fails “how to exist” tutorials

"Everything will be okay"
mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zydrolic wrote:

(#7910)
Could there be a note added to tell people that if they really complain about slow load times, they could just view the list from source? For example, just above general information:
NOTE
If the page load time feels too slow, view the list from source.
BBCode:
[big][b]NOTE[/b][/big]
If the page load time feels too slow, view the list from [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/3466932/source/]source[/url].
And as for the Table of Contents, perhaps to this:
Click here for a table of contents with shorter explanations on why suggestions are rejected, you can also view the table of contents from it's source.
BBCode again:
[url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/3471785/]Click here[/url] for a table of contents with shorter explanations on why suggestions are rejected, you can also view the table of contents from it's [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/3471785/source/]source[/url].
its, not it's

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mumu245 wrote:

(#7911)
its, not it's
Whoops apologies.

Sliverus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bobcat0701
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sliverus wrote:

(#7913)
Subscription-based service for Scratch could be an interesting new addition to the list.
Maybe combine that, paid ads, and money blocks into a “Add Monetary features” item on the list.

| bobcat0701/Caleb | He/they | Speedrunner | Professional Short Person (5'1") |
| Forumer | Nintendo collector | Bisexual |

| Notebook/The Ramblings of a Mad Man | Another Link to TFH in someones signature | Photography | Give Me Internets |

Here's an expanded about me I guess:

-Caleb/bobcat0701 He/They
-Bisexual
-Nintendo Collector
-Professional short person
-Speedrunner
-Pasta addict

Some accomplishments;
100 forum posts (January 2021)
500 forum posts (February 2021)
1000 forum posts (February 2022)
Joined TFH (October 2023)
Promoted to TFH manager (December 2023)
Tied for second place in TFH host election (April 2024)

Current primary devices (I have a few more that I collect)
Phone: Blue Titanium iPhone 15 pro
Watch: Midnight Apple Watch Series 9 with ocean blue sport loop (and other bands occasionally)
Tablet: Purple iPad mini 6th generation
Computer: Cheap HP laptop thing
Gaming Systems: Wii U deluxe set, Black new 3ds xl, White Nintendo Switch oled
Music player: Pink ipod nano 6th generation

Knife rant:
Spending lots of money on carving knives has never made sense to me I've used the same $20 Morakniv since 2018 and as long as I sharpen it regularly it is still sharp enough for carving and basically any other task. I'm sure I'm the only person on the forums who cares about any of that but thanks for reading I guess.

If you're down here comment “forumers be like” on my profile

RobotChickens
Scratcher
500+ posts

bobcat0701 wrote:

(#7914)

Sliverus wrote:

(#7913)
Subscription-based service for Scratch could be an interesting new addition to the list.
Maybe combine that, paid ads, and money blocks into a “Add Monetary features” item on the list.
I think this is a good idea! Mabye also mentioning that the Scratch foundation gets more than enough funding through donations from donors like LEGO.
Not in that exact wording, but something like that.

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

RobotChickens wrote:

(#7915)
I think this is a good idea! Mabye also mentioning that the Scratch foundation gets more than enough funding through donations from donors like LEGO.
They were donated once by LEGO for the collaboration if I remember correctly, they do not actively give donations.

RobotChickens
Scratcher
500+ posts

Zydrolic wrote:

(#7916)

RobotChickens wrote:

(#7915)
They were donated once by LEGO for the collaboration if I remember correctly, they do not actively give donations.
Yes, it's a one time thing. I believe it was originally for the Scratch Bit, but that project died for some reason. I wonder if finishing development for the scratch bit is rejected…

bobcat0701
Scratcher
1000+ posts

RobotChickens wrote:

(#7917)

Zydrolic wrote:

(#7916)

RobotChickens wrote:

(#7915)
Yes, it's a one time thing. I believe it was originally for the Scratch Bit, but that project died for some reason. I wonder if finishing development for the scratch bit is rejected…
It is marked as no longer active on the media lab website…

| bobcat0701/Caleb | He/they | Speedrunner | Professional Short Person (5'1") |
| Forumer | Nintendo collector | Bisexual |

| Notebook/The Ramblings of a Mad Man | Another Link to TFH in someones signature | Photography | Give Me Internets |

Here's an expanded about me I guess:

-Caleb/bobcat0701 He/They
-Bisexual
-Nintendo Collector
-Professional short person
-Speedrunner
-Pasta addict

Some accomplishments;
100 forum posts (January 2021)
500 forum posts (February 2021)
1000 forum posts (February 2022)
Joined TFH (October 2023)
Promoted to TFH manager (December 2023)
Tied for second place in TFH host election (April 2024)

Current primary devices (I have a few more that I collect)
Phone: Blue Titanium iPhone 15 pro
Watch: Midnight Apple Watch Series 9 with ocean blue sport loop (and other bands occasionally)
Tablet: Purple iPad mini 6th generation
Computer: Cheap HP laptop thing
Gaming Systems: Wii U deluxe set, Black new 3ds xl, White Nintendo Switch oled
Music player: Pink ipod nano 6th generation

Knife rant:
Spending lots of money on carving knives has never made sense to me I've used the same $20 Morakniv since 2018 and as long as I sharpen it regularly it is still sharp enough for carving and basically any other task. I'm sure I'm the only person on the forums who cares about any of that but thanks for reading I guess.

If you're down here comment “forumers be like” on my profile

pqsgraham
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sliverus wrote:

was about to say exactly the same thing. it was a bit of a hot take/idea but paddle2see did officially reject it and close my topic. however the only reason that I would hesitate adding this to the list is because paddle2see worded his rejection post like it could be something for future consideration, just not in the moment

Paddle2See (for reference) wrote:

While more income would be nice - we do worry a lot about equal access for all kids. Requiring money for Scratch - or more features if you pay - puts lower-income kids at a disadvantage. So, for now anyway, I'm pretty sure we aren't going that direction.

i never expected that this would be my most controversial forum post lol

Last edited by pqsgraham (Dec. 8, 2023 17:03:31)

i have grown up. please ignore all of my posts from before 2022. they don't represent the way i am at all
pqsgraham
Scratcher
500+ posts

RobotChickens wrote:

Mabye also mentioning that the Scratch foundation gets more than enough funding through donations from donors like LEGO.
the reason i even suggested this is because (at least to me) it looks like funds are kind of drying up and/or the funds they're getting aren't enough to upgrade servers, hire devs, and fix performance issues etc. my logic is that if scratch had enough money via donors to do these things they would already have been done. even though its technically rejected now i do think that this would be a viable option in the future to keep income flowing (even just to keep the servers ON)

i have grown up. please ignore all of my posts from before 2022. they don't represent the way i am at all
undeterminstic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

this was rejected: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/728561/

Last edited by undeterminstic (Dec. 8, 2023 19:42:30)

yes
Sliverus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

undeterminstic wrote:

this was rejected: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/728561/
I don't think it would be worth adding to the list because it's already contrary to the Community Guidelines (welcoming users of all sexual orientations) and to add it to the list, you'd just be restating the Community Guidelines we already know.

pqsgraham wrote:

was about to say exactly the same thing. it was a bit of a hot take/idea but paddle2see did officially reject it and close my topic. however the only reason that I would hesitate adding this to the list is because paddle2see worded his rejection post like it could be something for future consideration, just not in the moment
Interesting. That's a pretty fair argument. However, if it does get implemented, I don't think it would be anytime soon considering what Scratch's priorities are. Maybe in a decade or two, I could see it happening, but definitely not anytime soon. So I think it could be a good idea to add now.

Last edited by Sliverus (Dec. 9, 2023 03:23:17)

-Rodri
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I could translate into Spanish if you'd like me too, but it would take me alot of time to finish. I'm a native spanish speaker (latin american)

(also on an unrelated note, are anyone elses bar on the top of replies gone? )

Last edited by -Rodri (Dec. 9, 2023 05:37:46)

Sent from Samsung Fridge Model RRSGR-34563

they say im gifted but i can't even spell proboably or simoustaniously correctly

omg when you search up “Samsung Fridge Model RRSGR-34563” one of my forums posts are the top result!!111

Have you ever wanted to rule the world?
Get Homework Help here!

✨Yassify the world with kindness✨

I'm Mexican/American
I speak Spanish and English (et un peu de francais)
I'm a roman catholic
I'm smart but have no street smarts
Straight Male
Goals:
Be a better forumer
Sliverus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Rodri wrote:

I could translate into Spanish if you'd like me too, but it would take me alot of time to finish. I'm a native spanish speaker (latin american)

(also on an unrelated note, are anyone elses bar on the top of replies gone? )
It appears they already have one and it's a sticky. However, the owner hasn't updated it since 2020 and has no sign of updating it in the future. Maybe you should talk to a Scratch Team member about taking it over.