Discuss Scratch

Daynla
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Official List of Rejected Suggestions

-effortIess- wrote:

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/725328/unread/ Paddle semi-rejected this one, concerning the comment filter.
Yeah, it would expose kids to inappropriate words that why I think paddle rejected it

Cherry blossom parallax| Furry| Я Українець
This siggy is protected with SiggyProtect™ that means that it is kumquat proof
It's snowy and quiet
Daisy_Kat
Scratcher
100+ posts

Daynla wrote:

-effortIess- wrote:

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/725328/unread/ Paddle semi-rejected this one, concerning the comment filter.
Yeah, it would expose kids to inappropriate words that why I think paddle rejected it
There is already a solution to it. Just go to instructions, paste the comment you got muted for, break it down, etc.

Planning to move to @Caramels_Secrets.
k7e
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Daisy_Kat wrote:

Daynla wrote:

-effortIess- wrote:

There is already a solution to it. Just go to instructions, paste the comment you got muted for, break it down, etc.
I mean, that doesn’t mean that they need to make it any easier.

@mythoslore was so much more obvious than @spookily
Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is there any rejected suggestion topic where I was in? (I hope not)

Hey! Look at this DTA!
Hej! My username is @Crispydogs101. I like listening to music, playing games, and more!
Sarah and duck, Pete the cat, Pegboard nerds, Tokyo machine, FORZA FAN!! Be High contrast Blue Be rich
SuperStar9389
Scratcher
33 posts

why is 2.1 rejected? it would make scratch way better! you dont even have to show their mouse. just have a button to show changes and when you try to change something changed make a pop-up to update changes.
k7e
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SuperStar9389 wrote:

why is 2.1 rejected? it would make scratch way better! you dont even have to show their mouse. just have a button to show changes and when you try to change something changed make a pop-up to update changes.
Because someone could use the code to privately message with no way to report it.

Wonkymoon8
Scratcher
100+ posts

are there any “maybes”?

define Wonkymoon8
A true up and coming scratcher! :D
Dont forget to follow me!
Wii For Scratch! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/928218023/
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wonkymoon8 wrote:

(#7853)
are there any “maybes”?
Can you please elaborate on what you mean by this?

Please stop posting on rulebreaking topics no matter what | forum icons | if you responded to a post by this account, slide a comment to @coughfe please, as i might take 2 months or longer to respond with this one (i moved)

Toru said:

“全てが終わってその後に残るものは…夢と……想い出だけだ それだけだ”
Catscratcher07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nalish- wrote:

Ideas We should consider
1.Singing Generator
2. Visual Impairment Accessibility Features
3. “Browse” or “Suggested/Recommended” projects to look at
consider to reject?

trouble with clones? view my clone id toolbox! I also have built the bases of a tower defense game link here.
If someone on help with scripts is saying that something can't be done, they should be suspected of being a team limit grunt.
Wanna be the very best? Here's your chance!
bobcat0701
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nalish- wrote:

Ideas We should consider
1.Singing Generator
2. Visual Impairment Accessibility Features
3. “Browse” or “Suggested/Recommended” projects to look at
If you think these ideas should be added please discuss them on the topics you've linked above. If you think they should be rejected please wait for an official response from the Scratch Team first. Thanks!

Last edited by bobcat0701 (Nov. 30, 2023 19:39:46)

| bobcat0701/Caleb | He/they | Speedrunner | Professional Short Person (5'1") |
| Forumer | Nintendo collector | Bisexual |

| Notebook/The Ramblings of a Mad Man | Another Link to TFH in someones signature | Photography | Give Me Internets |

Here's an expanded about me I guess:

-Caleb/bobcat0701 He/They
-Bisexual
-Nintendo Collector
-Professional short person
-Speedrunner
-Pasta addict

Some accomplishments;
100 forum posts (January 2021)
500 forum posts (February 2021)
1000 forum posts (February 2022)
Joined TFH (October 2023)
Promoted to TFH manager (December 2023)
Tied for second place in TFH host election (April 2024)

Current primary devices (I have a few more that I collect)
Phone: Blue Titanium iPhone 15 pro
Watch: Midnight Apple Watch Series 9 with ocean blue sport loop (and other bands occasionally)
Tablet: Purple iPad mini 6th generation
Computer: Cheap HP laptop thing
Gaming Systems: Wii U deluxe set, Black new 3ds xl, White Nintendo Switch oled
Music player: Pink ipod nano 6th generation

Knife rant:
Spending lots of money on carving knives has never made sense to me I've used the same $20 Morakniv since 2018 and as long as I sharpen it regularly it is still sharp enough for carving and basically any other task. I'm sure I'm the only person on the forums who cares about any of that but thanks for reading I guess.

If you're down here comment “forumers be like” on my profile

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Catscratcher07 wrote:

(#7856)
consider to reject?
The user is just trying to advertise the suggestions I believe.

Please stop posting on rulebreaking topics no matter what | forum icons | if you responded to a post by this account, slide a comment to @coughfe please, as i might take 2 months or longer to respond with this one (i moved)

Toru said:

Roblox888i
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think we should reject Bring back assets.scratch.mit.edu as a image host and bring back mobile forums

Last edited by Roblox888i (Nov. 30, 2023 20:16:51)

Hurricane Milton (CAT 5 as of October 7th 2024 EST), Sending Prayers

Below this little line ^ is my signature, you can edit it by going to scratch.mit.edu/discuss/settings/YOURUSERHERE/ also highlight a part and do CNTRL+SHIFT+DOWN to scroll down.

Roblox888i
===========================================================================================================
| Ocular Profile | Scratch Profile | ScratchStats Profile |
=================================
| | Scratch Wiki Profile | |
===========================================================================================================
CharGrogu_alt
Scratcher
25 posts

Roblox888i wrote:

I think we should reject Bring back assets.scarcth.mit.edu as a image host and bring back mobile forums

What do you mean by bring back mobile forums? I just started forums today so, I probably won't understand but I'm on mobile rn. I think at least, a phone is considered mobile right?

when green flag clicked
say [Hi!]

My main || Make a Custom Request || DMC/OTA || The Daisy Neighborhood || My PoP shop || Making MYO species!

($-$)
I wish i was rich…
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CharGrogu_alt wrote:

(#7860)
What do you mean by bring back mobile forums? I just started forums today so, I probably won't understand but I'm on mobile rn. I think at least, a phone is considered mobile right?
There used to be a mobile version of the forums available at https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/m/ (visible below “Change your signature”) - However was deleted due to it being underused.

It's currently not publicly known as far as I know whether or not it's temporary or forever though.

Toru said:

CharGrogu_alt
Scratcher
25 posts

Zydrolic wrote:

CharGrogu_alt wrote:

(#7860)
There used to be a mobile version of the forums available at https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/m/ (visible below “Change your signature”) - However was deleted due to it being underused.

It's currently not publicly known as far as I know whether or not it's temporary or forever though.

Oh, okay!! Thanks for the answer

when green flag clicked
say [Hi!]

My main || Make a Custom Request || DMC/OTA || The Daisy Neighborhood || My PoP shop || Making MYO species!

($-$)
I wish i was rich…
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CharGrogu_alt wrote:

(#7862)
Oh, okay!! Thanks for the answer
np

Toru said:

k7e
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox888i wrote:

I think we should reject Bring back assets.scratch.mit.edu as a image host and bring back mobile forums
The first one is already rejected (and given how popular that assets was before, it should probably be added).

1RocK0StaR1
Scratcher
100+ posts

You should add something in the title of this topic that says (new suggestion) when there is a new rejected suggestion so that people (myself included) don't have to wait for the topic to load and have to scroll through the table of contents just to see that there is no new rejected suggestion. (and by the way, if this counts as a suggestion then let me know because I thought it would make sense here since it has to do with this particular topic)

Support the suggestion HERE by adding this button to your signature
Wanna see cool projects? Check these out!
Sliverus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox888i wrote:

When a new feature is implemented, you have to understand that, 9 times out of 10, the new feature is here to stay. The first one has been formally rejected, and although I won't speak for the Scratch Team, the second suggestion is probably rejected by default.

Although I don't think the second suggestion should be added to the list (trust me, no one liked mobile forums, not even mobile users), the first suggestion would be critical to add because it is a very popular image host on the forums, and now many forum posts are broken due to the ban on assets.scratch.mit.edu.

Last edited by Sliverus (Nov. 30, 2023 21:38:49)