Discuss Scratch

novice27b
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What is your dream PC build?

Xander52 wrote:

novice27b wrote:

The one in my sig. I could do with an ssd upgrade though.
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MINDBLOWEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 the possessor and ram……………………………but seriously get a better graphics card. Like a 720 or something better, your probably bottlenecking.

A gtx720 would be much worse.
I don't plan to upgrade, firstly because I don't play many games, and secondly because I only have a 1st gen PCI-E 8x slot.

Last edited by novice27b (Aug. 16, 2015 12:40:23)

i use arch btw
Xander52
Scratcher
100+ posts

novice27b wrote:

Xander52 wrote:

novice27b wrote:

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MINDBLOWEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 the possessor and ram……………………………but seriously get a better graphics card. Like a 720 or something better, your probably bottlenecking.

I don't plan to upgrade, firstly because I don't play many games, and secondly because I only have a 1st gen PCI-E 8x slot.
Why much worse? A 920 then.
turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

920 does not exist.

novice27b
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Xander52 wrote:

novice27b wrote:

Xander52 wrote:

novice27b wrote:

Why much worse? A 920 then.

Even if a 920 existed, it would still be much worse. A gtx480 is somewhere between a gtx750ti and a gtx760 in terms of performance.

i use arch btw
jji7skyline
Scratcher
1000+ posts

That's quite a beastly setup you have there novice27b. Too bad you probably can't overclock on your board haha.
novice27b
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jji7skyline wrote:

That's quite a beastly setup you have there novice27b. Too bad you probably can't overclock on your board haha.

And it cost me less than £200 for everything, and less than half that if you don't count the parts I already had. I think I will be able to overclock, but I will need to mod the bios.

i use arch btw
sharkboy05
Scratcher
22 posts

For me, (I don't care if this is possible or not,) probably a version of my computer I typed this post on (windows 7 desktop) with Infinite RAM and it can order fast food at any restaurant you want just by typing it in. Also has better AI than any computer ever.

Hello! Why not perhaps try One Night At Weegee's 3? It is my best project so far, and it took a week of hard work to make!
QuillzToxic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sharkboy05 wrote:

For me, (I don't care if this is possible or not,) probably a version of my computer I typed this post on (windows 7 desktop) with Infinite RAM and it can order fast food at any restaurant you want just by typing it in. Also has better AI than any computer ever.
Is possible!!! Donloadram.com ))
jji7skyline
Scratcher
1000+ posts

QuillzToxic wrote:

sharkboy05 wrote:

I think downloadmoreram.com has a sale on right now.
turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jji7skyline wrote:

QuillzToxic wrote:

sharkboy05 wrote:

I think downloadmoreram.com has a sale on right now.
I'm waiting to download some DDR4.

MewTheSmasher
Scratcher
500+ posts

Znapi wrote:

MewTheSmasher wrote:

Vetpetmon wrote:

MewTheSmasher wrote:

any computer but the one I have now
XD

Just buy a used Mac, or try to upgrade your computer (Add some GB RAM, A better CPU…)

If your computer can't handle it, buy a new computer, or get yourself a Mac.

Trust me. Macs last longer.
I WILL NEVER WILLING BUY A MAC TILL THE DAY I DIE

WINDOWS 4 LYFE
How about a linux?

Vetpetmon wrote:

That is for sure. I know someone with like a 7 year old Mac. You are also guaranteed your hardware is great (although many would complain about Nvidia, I've never had any problems with my Mac's Nvidia nor my old PC's Nvidia), and my mom said the customer support is really good.

It is a personal preference though, and it depends on what you do with your computer. I love OS X's Darwin kernel, because it mimics Unix, and there are a lot of Unix resources online. The terminals use bash by default like Linux, and that is awesome. That is just my opinion though, lots of people like Windows.

ROBLOX, GMod, ect. don't have linux versions. Correct me if I'm wrong
Xander52
Scratcher
100+ posts

MewTheSmasher wrote:

Znapi wrote:

MewTheSmasher wrote:

Vetpetmon wrote:

MewTheSmasher wrote:

any computer but the one I have now
XD

Just buy a used Mac, or try to upgrade your computer (Add some GB RAM, A better CPU…)

If your computer can't handle it, buy a new computer, or get yourself a Mac.

I WILL NEVER WILLING BUY A MAC TILL THE DAY I DIE

WINDOWS 4 LYFE
How about a linux?

Vetpetmon wrote:

That is for sure. I know someone with like a 7 year old Mac. You are also guaranteed your hardware is great (although many would complain about Nvidia, I've never had any problems with my Mac's Nvidia nor my old PC's Nvidia), and my mom said the customer support is really good.

It is a personal preference though, and it depends on what you do with your computer. I love OS X's Darwin kernel, because it mimics Unix, and there are a lot of Unix resources online. The terminals use bash by default like Linux, and that is awesome. That is just my opinion though, lots of people like Windows.

ROBLOX, GMod, ect. don't have linux versions. Correct me if I'm wrong
Roblox works on wine(wine lets u run windows stuff on linux), I think GMod also works on linux(if it says steamplay on steam it works on linux)

Last edited by Xander52 (Aug. 18, 2015 13:29:11)

LITLEDOG
Scratcher
66 posts

mine is 999 terra bytes RAM and SSD memory and the most epic linux
Xander52
Scratcher
100+ posts

LITLEDOG wrote:

mine is 999 terra bytes RAM and SSD memory and the most epic linux
What CPU? What Graphics Card? DDR3, or DDR4? Do the ssds use RAID? What MOBO?
turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Here's mine in the new case I bought today:

Xander52
Scratcher
100+ posts

turkey3 wrote:

NICE!!!!!
QuillzToxic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Xander52 wrote:

turkey3 wrote:

NICE!!!!!
Sweet. Nzxt make some solid cases in my oppinion.
turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

QuillzToxic wrote:

Xander52 wrote:

turkey3 wrote:

Here's mine in the new case I bought today
NICE!!!!!
Sweet. Nzxt make some solid cases in my oppinion.
Yeah, so many people use Corsair cases which I can't stand, they just look too old to me. NZXT cases are highly attractive and look new.

__init__
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Xander52 wrote:

(not including wine (windows emulator))
but Wine Is Not an Emulator!

Anyway, just leaving this here:
http://www.gfi.com/blog/most-vulnerable-operating-systems-and-applications-in-2014/

And “macs last longer” >> plsno. In my experience, Macs last for about 2 seconds before you throw it out the window and get a PC.

Last edited by __init__ (Aug. 20, 2015 21:13:03)

thisandagain pls explain