Discuss Scratch

apgonscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

THE Sonic Projects Thread!

Legacy Engine is coming back!

With my return to game development on Scratch, I figured what better way to celebrate than to work on a Sonic project! Sonic is what got me into making games in the first place! I plan on porting over many features from my previous projects, including project classic, and adding 16:9 support/optimization. I don't have any specific details right now, but I will soon!

Skye // She/They/Pup Pronouns // Pan, Poly, Pup // System Host
yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

speed engine 1.3 is out but i need help on the springs. they cant just stay in their position unlike the rings. i dont know how the heck it works but help will be greatly appreciated!

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

speed engine 1.3 is out but i need help on the springs. they cant just stay in their position unlike the rings. i dont know how the heck it works but help will be greatly appreciated!
It looks like they're working just fine. Did you fix it already?

You know why they call ‘em “speed bumps”?
It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

You can check out all my existing projects by heading to my profile (here).
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Introducing the new Hahasamian Channel, where he'll likely go from doing actual videos that are good, to low-key content like this

Last edited by hahasamian (Sept. 2, 2019 21:52:22)

It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

It looks like they're working just fine. Did you fix it already?
yeah.
i forgot to put the script to place the spring with the when flag clicked block instead of a broadcast.
apparently broadcasting can make the performance much better.

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

I'd revert Amy back to being into psychic magic shtick,and she could be the more hippie magic type, contrasting with tails' scientific and factual attitude
“revert”
Yeah let's revert Eggman back to being a genius too
I miss those days in the Genesis games when he was actually scary, his dialogue was so witty too

Please help me

No offense Munch, I just couldn't resist
Like anyone who plays the games nowadays thinks Amy practiced magic

Also Amy mentions cards again in Battle. I think it's a very, very small hobby she happens to have, otherwise she'd have an actual in-game role in Adventure 2 as the Chao Garden Fortune Teller.
forgive me for being stupid but i don't see how i'm supposed to be offended by this

The creator of all popular things you've never heard of before like remote-control flying pizzas (trademark MunchJrGames)
MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

apgonscratch wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

I'd revert Amy back to being into psychic magic shtick,and she could be the more hippie magic type, contrasting with tails' scientific and factual attitude
I would LOVE if Amy was Wiccan honestly. it'd never happen in a million years, but I think it would be really cool in a new canon.
Magic Amy for the win

it'd be cool if we could see a crossover with that and her rational, straight-man Boom counterpart

The creator of all popular things you've never heard of before like remote-control flying pizzas (trademark MunchJrGames)
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

Introducing the new Hahasamian Channel, where he'll likely go from doing actual videos that are good, to low-key content like this
Awesome!

MIITOPIA FOR SWITCH WAHOO
Welcome! This is my forum signature!

<<Favorite game?> Kinda hard to decide, maybe Smash Ultimate, maybe Mario Super Sluggers, etc.>
<<How active are you?> Forums and comments are pretty high, but the rate that projects get shared is low for now.>
<<How finished is this signature?> As you can tell, I'm kinda running out of ideas *And space!*. I'll add more later.>

Piglin D A N C E

Quagsire
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Awesome!
Thank you very much

-Totally Sonic

apgonscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Awesome!
Thank you very much
yOu ShOuLd PlAy MiNeCrAfT

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

apgonscratch wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Awesome!
Thank you very much
yOu ShOuLd PlAy MiNeCrAfT
“I'm mostly just doing this for fun”
“I'm not gonna beg anyone to subscribe”

-Totally Sonic

apgonscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

The latest update to Legacy Engine is here! It doesn't add much when playing on the vanilla Scratch 3 engine, but this new version focuses mainly on adding 16:9 support for the project.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/326842128/

superkalvis
Scratcher
39 posts

I suppose it would be interesting to see Sonic get his old attitude back, more cocky and cool and less pOwEr Of FrIEEENdSHiP like in Forces. Also to see Tails be less of a coward and do more, instead of calling for Sonic when he sees danger like in Forces. Knuckles should go back to being a somewhat gullible, strong but trouble-making and cocky instead of being a literal war general like in forces… Look, Forces ruined a lot of stuff okay?

Also, in terms of design…
Just take the Hesse designs in modern form, nuff said. Toei Sonic is best Sonic and Hesse Sonic is inspired by Toei Sonic so it also is best Sonic. If you disagree, you're dead to me.
MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

superkalvis wrote:

I suppose it would be interesting to see Sonic get his old attitude back, more cocky and cool and less pOwEr Of FrIEEENdSHiP like in Forces. Also to see Tails be less of a coward and do more, instead of calling for Sonic when he sees danger like in Forces. Knuckles should go back to being a somewhat gullible, strong but trouble-making and cocky instead of being a literal war general like in forces… Look, Forces ruined a lot of stuff okay?

Just take the Hesse designs in modern form, nuff said. Toei Sonic is best Sonic and Hesse Sonic is inspired by Toei Sonic so it also is best Sonic. If you disagree, you're dead to me.
though not full on jerk like stc

idk i kinda like the Sonic 1 concept art but yeah hesse's style is great

apgonscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

superkalvis wrote:

Unpopular opinion: The best Sonic personality AND design is from the first Sonic Riders.

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

congrats on getting a yt channel haha!
now i can cuss you out with the comfort of a less tyrannical dictatorship looming over our shoulders

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

apgonscratch wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

superkalvis wrote:

Unpopular opinion: The best Sonic personality AND design is from the first Sonic Riders.
eh, i find everyone too lanky in that game, like, almost Boom levels of lanky

other than that i appreciate the style

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

ok guys thoughts, predictions and hopeful theories about the next sonic game(s)

Emerald-JAM
Scratcher
100+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

Classic Sonic returns to save the day!!!!!1!!1!!!1!

Meanwhile in Emerald JAM’s mind a game idea with the Piko-Piko Hammock, a flimsy Idea at best, hahasamian will cool down probably. (Sentence generated by: THE Sonic Projects Thread!)
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Emerald-JAM wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

Classic Sonic returns to save the day!!!!!1!!1!!!1!
If he returns, I kinda want him to return with his Saturn appearance. And Jaleel White's voice acting.

MIITOPIA FOR SWITCH WAHOO
Welcome! This is my forum signature!

<<Favorite game?> Kinda hard to decide, maybe Smash Ultimate, maybe Mario Super Sluggers, etc.>
<<How active are you?> Forums and comments are pretty high, but the rate that projects get shared is low for now.>
<<How finished is this signature?> As you can tell, I'm kinda running out of ideas *And space!*. I'll add more later.>

Piglin D A N C E

Quagsire