Discuss Scratch

ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

THE Sonic Projects Thread!

Pick a Sonic character (Or multiple if you want) and post what you would change about that character's personality, or design.

MIITOPIA FOR SWITCH WAHOO
Welcome! This is my forum signature!

<<Favorite game?> Kinda hard to decide, maybe Smash Ultimate, maybe Mario Super Sluggers, etc.>
<<How active are you?> Forums and comments are pretty high, but the rate that projects get shared is low for now.>
<<How finished is this signature?> As you can tell, I'm kinda running out of ideas *And space!*. I'll add more later.>

Piglin D A N C E

Quagsire
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Happy birthday, Genesis Sonic Engine!
It's so cool to see how much people have made with this project. I think tomicool would be proud.

You know why they call ‘em “speed bumps”?
It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

You can check out all my existing projects by heading to my profile (here).
apgonscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

It's so cool to see how much people have made with this project. I think tomicool would be proud.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Skye // She/They/Pup Pronouns // Pan, Poly, Pup // System Host
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

apgonscratch wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I think GSE is now four years old.
It has to have been longer

It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

TailsFanV51
Scratcher
1000+ posts

i want to make Sonic games in Dreams but I can barely use the editor

Come check out Sonic LUX, my Sonic thing!
TailsFanV51
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Man, Chao Island was part of my childhood. It looks a tad different now, however.

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TailsFanV51 wrote:

Man, Chao Island was part of my childhood. It looks a tad different now, however.
Wow that's a pretty cool site I never heard of
Hey, don't you love it when you lovingly take care of your Chao
and it responds by making its default face this

Pretty dang sure that happened once

Last edited by hahasamian (Sept. 1, 2019 00:53:26)

-Totally Sonic

yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

im planning to release speed engine v1.3 tomorrow which is a sonic engine of mine
click here if its sep. 2

v1.2

that will also be the project where many updates will come from

TailsFanV51
Scratcher
1000+ posts

this is literally the best thing i have ever made in dreams
Dreams Let's Play #4 will feature it.

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

I'd revert Amy back to being into psychic magic shtick,and she could be the more hippie magic type, contrasting with tails' scientific and factual attitude

The creator of all popular things you've never heard of before like remote-control flying pizzas (trademark MunchJrGames)
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Contest winners decided, Caves released though they could break Scratch 3 and your browser for a second, be warned

I'll work on a fix for that when I find the time. Till then…
Yeah take that plugin-killers SEE WHAT CHU GET? YO WHOLE BROWSA GET DED WHEN WE BREAK IT NAO

I don't know what that was

-Totally Sonic

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

I'd revert Amy back to being into psychic magic shtick,and she could be the more hippie magic type, contrasting with tails' scientific and factual attitude
“revert”
Yeah let's revert Eggman back to being a genius too
I miss those days in the Genesis games when he was actually scary, his dialogue was so witty too

Please help me

No offense Munch, I just couldn't resist
Like anyone who plays the games nowadays thinks Amy practiced magic

Also Amy mentions cards again in Battle. I think it's a very, very small hobby she happens to have, otherwise she'd have an actual in-game role in Adventure 2 as the Chao Garden Fortune Teller.

Last edited by hahasamian (Sept. 2, 2019 01:57:34)

-Totally Sonic

superkalvis
Scratcher
39 posts

hahasamian wrote:

I miss those days in the Genesis games when he was actually scary, his dialogue was so witty too

Genesis games

“Dialogue”

Which alternate universe are you from?

Last edited by superkalvis (Sept. 2, 2019 01:56:01)

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

superkalvis wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Genesis games

“Dialogue”

Which alternate universe are you from?
This is a j o k e
Read the edit

-Totally Sonic

superkalvis
Scratcher
39 posts

hahasamian wrote:

This is a j o k e
Read the edit

Oh hecc I've been wooshed.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure you edited it while I was typing my last comment, and you sounded serious.
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

In all seriousness, I'd make Eggman's actual genius more apparent honestly. He can still be a goofy villain with flaws that keep him from taking over the world, without being so flawed that you wonder how he manages to build so much and have it work.
Like just look at the scene with the “fake Emerald” in SA2. That took ME a few go-arounds to fully comprehend.

Last edited by hahasamian (Sept. 2, 2019 02:02:34)

-Totally Sonic

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also it'd be cool to see Sonic, Tails and any other characters appropriate to this actually seeming their supposed ages, going through struggles of actual people of their age range.
Now that does sound a little weird and fanfic-y, so maybe not. Just a thought from someone who was actually 15.
I think the character of Sonic could stay in tact, but you'd probably need a new voice actor too. I noticed Sonic sounded young when I watched my first episode of Sonic X, and I just think an actually young Sonic would be interesting.
Or literally just change Sonic's age to somewhere within 20-30 years. He sounds very much not-15 currently.

-Totally Sonic

yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

im planning to release speed engine v1.3 tomorrow which is a sonic engine of mine
click here if its sep. 2

v1.2

can someone appreciate me actually using this topic for once

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

click here if its sep. 2

v1.2

can someone appreciate me actually using this topic for once
OH YES G'JOB SIR
I FORGOT TO CONGRATULATE I'M SORRY

-Totally Sonic

apgonscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

I would LOVE if Amy was Wiccan honestly. it'd never happen in a million years, but I think it would be really cool in a new canon.

Skye // She/They/Pup Pronouns // Pan, Poly, Pup // System Host