MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

THE Sonic Projects Thread!

yaov_1991 wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

Hey guys, I finished those Knuckles sprites
holy frick, deviant art has changed so drastically, and i went on it 2 days ago
It's not as bad as Scratch 3.0, (my major/only gripe is that everything is so massive) Especially since “longtime” users (like me) can switch back to the original site on a whim. now that would've been uselful…

The creator of all popular things you've never heard of before like remote-control flying pizzas (trademark MunchJrGames)
MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

Emerald-JAM wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

Whoa well done! Also as a side note I understood the chaotix ring-star joke you made in the comments, clever
Ha. Someone had to with a set-up like that.

The main improvements I wanted to make were to fix some of the inconsistent re-colouring, and re-position the eyes in most cases.

The creator of all popular things you've never heard of before like remote-control flying pizzas (trademark MunchJrGames)
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

These are sweet!

You know why they call ‘em “speed bumps”?
It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

You can check out all my existing projects by heading to my profile (here).
MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

These are sweet!
Thank you!

Emerald-JAM
Scratcher
100+ posts

A reminder

hahasamian wrote:

Sonic Battle is best game.
Back to projects.

Meanwhile in Emerald JAM’s mind a game idea with the Piko-Piko Hammock, a flimsy Idea at best, hahasamian will cool down probably. (Sentence generated by: THE Sonic Projects Thread!)
yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

It's not as bad as Scratch 3.0, (my major/only gripe is that everything is so massive) Especially since “longtime” users (like me) can switch back to the original site on a whim. now that would've been uselful…
its like the reddit thing where you can switch

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

its like the reddit thing where you can switch
I don't use reddit so the reference is lost on me

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

Emerald-JAM wrote:

A reminder

hahasamian wrote:

Back to projects.
…what?

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

Emerald-JAM wrote:

A reminder

hahasamian wrote:

Back to projects.
…what?
JAM was looking for that.
She really, really likes Battle.

It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

Emerald-JAM wrote:

A reminder

hahasamian wrote:

Back to projects.
…what?
Sorry, just a bit baffled.

Emerald-JAM
Scratcher
100+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

Emerald-JAM wrote:

A reminder

hahasamian wrote:

Back to projects.
…what?
Sorry, just a bit baffled.
I really, really like Battle

…I should make a Sonic Battle engine

Last edited by Emerald-JAM (June 16, 2019 03:55:13)

Meanwhile in Emerald JAM’s mind a game idea with the Piko-Piko Hammock, a flimsy Idea at best, hahasamian will cool down probably. (Sentence generated by: THE Sonic Projects Thread!)
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hmm, so the wall slide is messing with some of my platforming in Mighty's engine. I'm making a dedicated one, @ScratchCatBoo made a skin for me.
Currently I have all this nonsense for those who are trying to avoid a wall slide (such as making down arrow disable it entirely, and more recently I even made it only work for the first slide if someone presses the left or right arrows up against a wall). But even then there's some issues.
Should I increase the power of my little wall detector (like somehow make it only work if you're up against a LARGE wall and there's a good 90 degree angle in there), or should I make the initiation of a wall slide more complicated (like pressing Z while pressing yourself up against a wall)? I'm thinking the former.
Or, y'know, I could just release it and see how much it's a problem for you all.

Last edited by hahasamian (June 19, 2019 23:01:46)

-Totally Sonic

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think I'm going to undo all my work towards complicating the wall slide/jump. I'll release the project and see how you all feel about it.

-Totally Sonic

Emerald-JAM
Scratcher
100+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

I think I'm going to undo all my work towards complicating the wall slide/jump. I'll release the project and see how you all feel about it.
Sounds like a good mindset to me actually, just continually update it in smaller chunks

Also love your new signature, it’s both very funny and very inspiring :D

yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

is it just me, or does the completionist mention sonic 06 way to much?

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Emerald-JAM wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Sounds like a good mindset to me actually, just continually update it in smaller chunks

Also love your new signature, it’s both very funny and very inspiring :D
Aww, thanks as always! :)

I now have accumulated some scripts if I want to try again. So it's not like it's a complete loss.

-Totally Sonic

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HEEEEERE'S MIGHTY
You can still opt out of wall slides by holding the down arrow in-air. So that's nice.

-Totally Sonic

Emerald-JAM
Scratcher
100+ posts

A Gameinformer interview with Takashi Iizuka wrote:

While on the topic, I brought up whether or not the drop dash will now appear in Sonic's arsenal going forward, much like the spin dash was in most Sonic games following its introduction in Sonic the Hedgehog 2. “Yeah, I think so,” he says. “We had a good reaction for Sonic Mania, so that's why we implemented it to Classic Sonic in Sonic Forces.”
-_- more mindlessly pushing a button with basically zero risk of a negative consequence…

Last edited by Emerald-JAM (June 20, 2019 23:51:21)

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

Emerald-JAM wrote:

While on the topic, I brought up whether or not the drop dash will now appear in Sonic's arsenal going forward, much like the spin dash was in most Sonic games following its introduction in Sonic the Hedgehog 2. “Yeah, I think so,” he says. “We had a good reaction for Sonic Mania, so that's why we implemented it to Classic Sonic in Sonic Forces.”
-_- more mindlessly pushing a button with basically zero risk of a negative consequence…

In my mind, i took this as SEGA pressing the “our fans like it, so we should keep doing this” button in their make-games-o-matic. It's right next to the “insert memes into our marketing” and “ignore x franchise for a few more years” buttons (I hear the Rayman franchise is getting a lot of mileage out of that last one)

Last edited by MunchJrGames (June 21, 2019 11:45:00)

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

Emerald-JAM wrote:

In my mind, i took this as SEGA pressing the “our fans like it, so we should keep doing this” button in their make-games-o-matic. It's right next to the “insert memes into our marketing” and “ignore x franchise for a few more years” buttons (I hear the Rayman franchise is getting a lot of mileage out of that last one)
I'm just kinda like “eh”
It's not necessary but it's just making Classic Sonic's already mindless combat be done faster so
If you want not that, you play Amy

Last edited by hahasamian (June 21, 2019 12:12:29)

-Totally Sonic