hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

THE Sonic Projects Thread!

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Is it just me or is the Drop Dash more fun in GSUE?
I don't like the charge time in Mania, I like being able to Drop Dash as a split-second decision if need be.
And I didn't code the Drop Dash into GSUE, so you can't say it's just bias towards my own creation.
(…Okay, that's not entirely true, as I had to re-code it in frame-based code when I added multiple characters.)
BUT ULTIMATE SONIC HAS PEEL-OUT AND DROP DASH, SO YOU CAN'T SAY MANIA SONIC IS BETTER
…well, so does mania sonic…
You have to choose between the two. There's literally no point to that.
Though in my book, Mania wasn't really going for “the best of the best” in Sonic anyway. They make it clear that they don't care about something when they only give you the worst part or aspect of it, and make it significantly worse than it was in the source material.
See: Amy Rose, Advance level gimmicks
Well i guess, in my eyes, Mania was molded into a love letter to what SEGA are legally allowed to remember from the golden days. Amy made it into the game as a cameo, but i don't think the team could do any more than that. Other than, of course, MIGHTEE AN RAY BCUZ REFRENCE!!!!
“Sega isn't legally allowed to use the good aspects of Amy Rose. They also aren't allowed to use the good level gimmicks from the Sonic Advance trilogy.”
I guess I'll take your word for it?
(I'm pretty sure Amy, the Piko Piko Hammer, and Sonic Advance all belong to Sega. I do not get this point.)
Also, people talk about Mighty and Ray being fanservice, but let's look at what that word means again?
If the fans are crying out for Amy and you give them those two… Yeah, I think you're not in touch with the fans.
What I mean to say is, probably the only people who genuinely wanted another character wanted Amy. I know I did.

Last edited by hahasamian (May 26, 2019 15:29:09)

You know why they call ‘em “speed bumps”?
It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

You can check out all my existing projects by heading to my profile (here).
MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

I don't like the charge time in Mania, I like being able to Drop Dash as a split-second decision if need be.
And I didn't code the Drop Dash into GSUE, so you can't say it's just bias towards my own creation.
(…Okay, that's not entirely true, as I had to re-code it in frame-based code when I added multiple characters.)
BUT ULTIMATE SONIC HAS PEEL-OUT AND DROP DASH, SO YOU CAN'T SAY MANIA SONIC IS BETTER
Though in my book, Mania wasn't really going for “the best of the best” in Sonic anyway. They make it clear that they don't care about something when they only give you the worst part or aspect of it, and make it significantly worse than it was in the source material.
Well i guess, in my eyes, Mania was molded into a love letter to what SEGA are legally allowed to remember from the golden days. Amy made it into the game as a cameo, but i don't think the team could do any more than that. Other than, of course, MIGHTEE AN RAY BCUZ REFRENCE!!!!
“Sega isn't legally allowed to use the good aspects of Amy Rose. They also aren't allowed to use the good level gimmicks from the Sonic Advance trilogy.”
(I'm pretty sure Amy, the Piko Piko Hammer, and Sonic Advance all belong to Sega. I do not get this point.)
Also, people talk about Mighty and Ray being fanservice, but let's look at what that word means again?
If the fans are crying out for Amy and you give them those two… Yeah, I think you're not in touch with the fans.
What I mean to say is, probably the only people who genuinely wanted another character wanted Amy. I know I did.
eh, i honestly have no idea what i'm talking about with these things, and, well, yeah! Why wasn't Amy in Mania!?

The creator of all popular things you've never heard of before like remote-control flying pizzas (trademark MunchJrGames)
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

eh, i honestly have no idea what i'm talking about with these things, and, well, yeah! Why wasn't Amy in Mania!?
I think we'll ask be okay.
Now let's sit back and list ask the potential MoveCards.

It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

Emerald-JAM
Scratcher
100+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

ask
SlideIT strikes again

Meanwhile in Emerald JAM’s mind a game idea with the Piko-Piko Hammock, a flimsy Idea at best, hahasamian will cool down probably. (Sentence generated by: THE Sonic Projects Thread!)
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Emerald-JAM wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

ask
SlideIT strikes again
XD
WE'RE KEEPING THAT

-Totally Sonic

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

Emerald-JAM wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

ask
SlideIT strikes again
XD
WE'RE KEEPING THAT
So you're saying that Amy should have a MoveCard that allows her to make out of context in-jokes.

I'm cool with that.

The creator of all popular things you've never heard of before like remote-control flying pizzas (trademark MunchJrGames)
MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

“Meanwhile in Emerald JAM’s mind a game idea with the Piko-Piko Hammock, a flimsy Idea at best, hahasamian will cool down probably”

don't mind me, i'm just reviving a dead horse

Last edited by MunchJrGames (May 28, 2019 20:45:18)

yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

any sonic game released after 2002 is just not good.

Scooperax
Scratcher
100+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

“Meanwhile in Emerald JAM’s mind a game idea with the Piko-Piko Hammock, a flimsy Idea at best, hahasamian will cool down probably”

“Meanwhile in Emerald JAM’s mind a game idea with the Piko-Piko Hammock, a flimsy Idea at best, hahasamian will cool down probably.”
that seems long enough for a thought right?

Emerald-JAM
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scooperax wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

“Meanwhile in Emerald JAM’s mind a game idea with the Piko-Piko Hammock, a flimsy Idea at best, hahasamian will cool down probably.”
Fine by me. Really hope hahasamian cools down so i can tell him about this new game idea I had. It’s still kinda rough though, so maybe I should just wait…

Meanwhile in Emerald JAM’s mind a game idea with the Piko-Piko Hammock, a flimsy Idea at best, hahasamian will cool down probably. (Sentence generated by: THE Sonic Projects Thread!)
Emerald-JAM
Scratcher
100+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

Does anyone but you believe your lies

yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

Emerald-JAM wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

Does anyone but you believe your lies
oh heck

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

Emerald-JAM wrote:

Scooperax wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

Fine by me. Really hope hahasamian cools down so i can tell him about this new game idea I had. It’s still kinda rough though, so maybe I should just wait…
Don't blame me, i only had partial control of the direction of the sentence

I still have two auto-completes left gang

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

Since i completely misplaced the Zone names for ARA. i'm gonna try and remember them Off by heart:

Rapture Greens Zone
Act 1: Return to Angel Island
Act 2: Secret of the Shrine

Digger Network Zone
Act 1: Where to Now?
Act 2: The Dark, Damp, Deep

Glass Disco Zone
Act 1: What?
Act 2: Back on Track

Hydro Battery Zone
Act 1: World-Class Cruise
Act 2: Toss and Take

Transit Carnival Zone
Act 1: Take and Toss
Act 2: To The Party!

Sky Terrace Zone
Act 1: The Abysmal Ascent
Act 2: Up In The Air

Egg Inferno Zone
Act 1: Egg Cooker
Act 2: Hardened Deeps

Final Fight

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

Since i completely misplaced the Zone names for ARA. i'm gonna try and remember them Off by heart:

Rapture Greens Zone

Digger Network Zone

Glass Disco Zone

Hydro Battery Zone

Transit Carnival Zone

Sky Terrace Zone

Egg Inferno Zone

Final Fight
Digger Network Zone
I am on board with these new names actually

-Totally Sonic

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

Rapture Greens Zone

Digger Network Zone

Glass Disco Zone

Hydro Battery Zone

Transit Carnival Zone

Sky Terrace Zone

Egg Inferno Zone

Final Fight
Digger Network Zone
I am on board with these new names actually
Digger Network was actually an intentional nod to you, so i'm not really surprised.

The thing is, the “Network” part, was actually a huge coincidence, mainly because i was actually referring to the kind of “networks” that are underground

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Someone's weird project triggered the Crash Evasion script when I changed tabs.

Last edited by hahasamian (May 30, 2019 22:34:24)

-Totally Sonic

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

Do tell!

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Do tell!
This one
It is a pretty, um, strange project, but after I beat it I just left it running and changed tabs.

-Totally Sonic

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ok so i'm pretty sure i've told y'all this before, but i'm working on re-doing the Sonic 1 Knuckles sprites. I'm doing it strictly in Paint, so i may not import it to Scratch. Do you guys think i should?