Discuss Scratch

Emerald-JAM
Scratcher
100+ posts

THE Sonic Projects Thread!

oh yeah this exists

Meanwhile in Emerald JAM’s mind a game idea with the Piko-Piko Hammock, a flimsy Idea at best, hahasamian will cool down probably. (Sentence generated by: THE Sonic Projects Thread!)
apgonscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Emerald-JAM wrote:

oh yeah this exists
yep.

Skye // She/They/Pup Pronouns // Pan, Poly, Pup // System Host
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Y'know, a Rayman Arena/M (A platformer racing game) styled Sonic game where you have to complete a made-for-racing level faster than your opponents would be cool, kinda like Sonic R, but with more platforming, and more stream-lined Sonic Adventure-like controls.
What do you think?

Last edited by ScratchCatBoo (Jan. 22, 2020 19:16:34)

MIITOPIA FOR SWITCH WAHOO
Welcome! This is my forum signature!

<<Favorite game?> Kinda hard to decide, maybe Smash Ultimate, maybe Mario Super Sluggers, etc.>
<<How active are you?> Forums and comments are pretty high, but the rate that projects get shared is low for now.>
<<How finished is this signature?> As you can tell, I'm kinda running out of ideas *And space!*. I'll add more later.>

Piglin D A N C E

Quagsire
Emerald-JAM
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Y'know, a Rayman Arena/M (A platformer racing game) styled game where you have to complete a made-for-racing level faster than your opponents would be cool, kinda like Sonic R, but with more platforming, and more stream-lined Sonic Adventure-like controls.
What do you think?
I don't have much experience with Rayman- only played the Rabbids games on wii, and a bit of Legends on Switch, so I can't really offer many ideas for this hypothetical game, but in concept? It sounds really cool and is totally something I would play.

…Wait I just realized you weren't talking about it actually being a Rayman game but instead just being similar to one. My bad heheh

Meanwhile in Emerald JAM’s mind a game idea with the Piko-Piko Hammock, a flimsy Idea at best, hahasamian will cool down probably. (Sentence generated by: THE Sonic Projects Thread!)
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Emerald-JAM wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Y'know, a Rayman Arena/M (A platformer racing game) styled game where you have to complete a made-for-racing level faster than your opponents would be cool, kinda like Sonic R, but with more platforming, and more stream-lined Sonic Adventure-like controls.
What do you think?
I don't have much experience with Rayman- only played the Rabbids games on wii, and a bit of Legends on Switch, so I can't really offer many ideas for this hypothetical game, but in concept? It sounds really cool and is totally something I would play.

…Wait I just realized you weren't talking about it actually being a Rayman game but instead just being similar to one. My bad heheh
Whoops I guess I should've said it was a Sonic game

MIITOPIA FOR SWITCH WAHOO
Welcome! This is my forum signature!

<<Favorite game?> Kinda hard to decide, maybe Smash Ultimate, maybe Mario Super Sluggers, etc.>
<<How active are you?> Forums and comments are pretty high, but the rate that projects get shared is low for now.>
<<How finished is this signature?> As you can tell, I'm kinda running out of ideas *And space!*. I'll add more later.>

Piglin D A N C E

Quagsire
Emerald-JAM
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Emerald-JAM wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

What do you think?

Whoops I guess I should've said it was a Sonic game
Nah no worries it was my fault, I totally misread what you wrote. You said “styled” so it makes sense what you were trying to say

SonicFan2009
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hey guys, anyone in need of some music for a S A N I C ?

SF09
Heyo! I'm SonicFan2009! Better known as SF09 or 09. I make music for video games, and have worked with the likes of Capt_Boanerges, IanRecker, hahasamian, and Gabeverde. Check out some of my songs like Ambience, Floating, and Lounge at Midnight.

Thanks!

Wheroken ouya hstave but bfuzc v mcxk

- Me having a stroke
superkalvis
Scratcher
39 posts

SonicFan2009 wrote:

maybe
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SonicFan2009 wrote:

If ya wanna post some S A N I C music that's perfectly fine with me.
Or if you're thinking of composing some, that'd be cool too. I'm definitely in need of a composer for… whatever it is I do

You know why they call ‘em “speed bumps”?
It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

You can check out all my existing projects by heading to my profile (here).
superkalvis
Scratcher
39 posts

hahasamian wrote:

SonicFan2009 wrote:

Or if you're thinking of composing some, that'd be cool too. I'm definitely in need of a composer for… whatever it is I do
I mean I certainly am. Sonic Collision needs a soundtrack and I've only found the motivation to make one track, which I think sucks.
SonicFan2009
Scratcher
100+ posts

superkalvis wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

SonicFan2009 wrote:

I mean I certainly am. Sonic Collision needs a soundtrack and I've only found the motivation to make one track, which I think sucks.
Mkay. What'cha need?

SF09
Heyo! I'm SonicFan2009! Better known as SF09 or 09. I make music for video games, and have worked with the likes of Capt_Boanerges, IanRecker, hahasamian, and Gabeverde. Check out some of my songs like Ambience, Floating, and Lounge at Midnight.

Thanks!

- Me having a stroke
superkalvis
Scratcher
39 posts

SonicFan2009 wrote:

superkalvis wrote:

Mkay. What'cha need?
Well, first probably an improvement of Forgotten Forest's music? The original track doesn't really sound fitting for a first level.. sounds more like a boss fight than anything, doesn't have enough energy to it. It was mainly based off the soundtracks of Sonic CD (Japan/EU) and Sonic Rush.
SonicFan2009
Scratcher
100+ posts

superkalvis wrote:

SonicFan2009 wrote:

superkalvis wrote:

Mkay. What'cha need?
Well, first probably an improvement of Forgotten Forest's music? The original track doesn't really sound fitting for a first level.. sounds more like a boss fight than anything, doesn't have enough energy to it. It was mainly based off the soundtracks of Sonic CD (Japan/EU) and Sonic Rush.
k

SF09

Thanks!

- Me having a stroke
superkalvis
Scratcher
39 posts

SonicFan2009 wrote:

k
The biggest issues are probably the instruments and overall energy/tone of the song.
SonicFan2009
Scratcher
100+ posts

superkalvis wrote:

SonicFan2009 wrote:

k
The biggest issues are probably the instruments and overall energy/tone of the song.
Honestly, I think it would work, but maybe not for a forest/nature-type zone. Maybe something more like the style of chemical plant in the level.

SF09

Thanks!

- Me having a stroke
Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

I know no-one posts on here anymore, but I've just had an idea!

Sonic - All in the Air

The Story
Taking place a while after Forces, Knuckles realises he left the Master Emerald unguarded while trying to save the world. Knowing this, the gang set off for Angel Island, and find something shocking - the echidnas are back! Not only that, Eggman has returned, and he's on the hunt for the Death Egg Mk.II, knowing it was never destroyed, but it crashed down onto Angel Island somewhere. It's now a race against time before Eggman finds the space satellite and decimates the world.

The Zones
The zones are gonna have most of the graphics taken from Sonic 3, but the layouts are gonna be WAY different.

Chaotic Jungle The fire had been put out ages ago, and the jungle has regrown. But the Badniks are invading fast.
Liquidopolis The place remains largely unaffected by Eggman's forces, but there are a ton of water-based badniks to be found.
Ruined Temple In the time Sonic and the gang were gone, the Marble Garden crumbled, leaving the ruins of what once was a place of worshipping the Chaos Emeralds.
Sunset Carnival Eggman's carnival is still in operation, though, all the lights make the place look more crimson than ever.
Floating Fortress The Wing Fortress just so happened to be flying by during the whole ordeal, and now, the gang are making sure it never flies again.
Ice Springs Some of the Ice Caps have melted, leaving springs in their place, but the majority of the ice is still there, making for an intresting platforming challenge.
Launch Facility Eggman's now repairing the Flying Battery! It's time to put a stop to his plans!

This was only part one. Part two will be uploaded later, just like how the game will be split into two parts.
See ya!

d_and_g
Scratcher
100+ posts

People are still talking on this thread?

when green flag clicked
if <I think of something> then

it's probably been done before

end
Ok, but unironically, check this out!
apgonscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

d_and_g wrote:

I guess, kinda weird

Skye // She/They/Pup Pronouns // Pan, Poly, Pup // System Host
Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

apgonscratch wrote:

d_and_g wrote:

I guess, kinda weird
yeah, i just came back. what's your opinion on my zone idea tho?