Discuss Scratch

turtiletoes
Scratcher
98 posts

The Cube Development Group

doodthedoodthedood wrote:

What is it?

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/240492299/
This is what I got out of it, I based a lot of it on one of my recent stragety games where I used a grid like surface… Link- https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/235534483/

Graphs work pretty okay although I had to heighten the floor a few pixels bc it would just sink to the bottom. Each block is 30x30.
In Cubulism I hit a big road bump where It just kept crashing. The graph simply crashed; I have the same problem here… I have no idea how to fix it now!! Also this whole thing breaks when you hit the wall. the cube breaks even/half in the graph. I might try to edit some things to fix the crashes so it'll actually… *Work* but yeah.

edit: fixed the crashes, I just moved like one piece of code ;l and added manual downward movement. Collisions generally work that I can see. You guys can demolish it and edit it to work manual downward movement idk how to do it really.

Last edited by turtiletoes (Aug. 25, 2018 03:17:01)

SkyClan480
Scratcher
100+ posts

Guys, I have some business that needs to be brought up. As of late, we have been having a lot of trouble with Tetris, especially regarding the alignment of tetrominoes and clearing lines. I recently ran a search on scratch, and it turns out a lot of other people beat us to this Tetris thing. I viewed a couple of the projects, and no offense to our developers, but they seemed to be in better quality than what we're working on. I am also working on a new tower defense project that I recently released the beta version of, and since tower defense is undoubtedly much newer than Tetris, there are probably less of those out there. So what I'd like to suggest is, because of problems with Tetris and the fact that there are already 100 Tetris projects on scratch, I would like the CDG to stop development of Tetris. I know it sounds like something we wouldn't do, but think about it. With all the better Tetris projects already out there, we probably wouldn't even get any recognition. At least tower defense might be a little more popular, and definitely newer. Plus, a tower defense game would be much easier than that nightmarish alignment and clearing. So everyone give me your thoughts and cast your votes. I would like a vote from each of you:

doodthedoodthedood
Turtiletoes
-DancerRJV-
Saoi2

Please support the CDG by voting

GENERATION 368: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. I did not start this.
-DancerRJV-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SkyClan480 wrote:

Guys, I have some business that needs to be brought up. As of late, we have been having a lot of trouble with Tetris, especially regarding the alignment of tetrominoes and clearing lines. I recently ran a search on scratch, and it turns out a lot of other people beat us to this Tetris thing. I viewed a couple of the projects, and no offense to our developers, but they seemed to be in better quality than what we're working on. I am also working on a new tower defense project that I recently released the beta version of, and since tower defense is undoubtedly much newer than Tetris, there are probably less of those out there. So what I'd like to suggest is, because of problems with Tetris and the fact that there are already 100 Tetris projects on scratch, I would like the CDG to stop development of Tetris. I know it sounds like something we wouldn't do, but think about it. With all the better Tetris projects already out there, we probably wouldn't even get any recognition. At least tower defense might be a little more popular, and definitely newer. Plus, a tower defense game would be much easier than that nightmarish alignment and clearing. So everyone give me your thoughts and cast your votes. I would like a vote from each of you:

doodthedoodthedood
Turtiletoes
-DancerRJV-
Saoi2

I vote to change to tower defense. I think, like you said, that it would be less nightmarish. AND, it might be easyer, witch is always a plus in my book!
Thanks!

May the cries of your enemies be silenced by space's void.
(Does anybody remember that from two SWC sessions ago?)

Hey, another siggy scroller!

Hey, if you made it this far, you're a pretty dedicated siggy scroller.

Guess what? I'm a baker, dancer, Disney fan, enneagram lover, teen, who loves scratch, helping out in shops, and guiding new scratchers on their journey through scratch.

My sister is PFTV. If you don't know who she is, good luck finding her…

You know, you should really stop climbing down the stairs to my basement.

I told you to stop, there are some personal things down there!

Whoa whoa whoa, you better sllllllooooooooowwwww down.

You're still looking? Alright fine. Now you know. DON'T GO FURTHER

Come on, please?

… *sobs* pwetty pwese?

Alright fine. You went this far. I guess I've gotta give ya somethin'. Here ya go, I'm a potato. You heard it. now go to my profile and comment “chez puffs”.
doodthedoodthedood
Scratcher
500+ posts

-DancerRJV- wrote:

SkyClan480 wrote:

doodthedoodthedood
Turtiletoes
-DancerRJV-
Saoi2

I vote to change to tower defense. I think, like you said, that it would be less nightmarish. AND, it might be easyer, witch is always a plus in my book!
Thanks!
Sure. Why I need a co-owner

Go and join my development group Here. Check out my github here. If you want to help with anything just let me know.
Visit The Everthing Shop for all your scratch needs Also visit my programming class to learn to program in scratch or JavaScript or HTML or CSS!By @chaseman3245
-DancerRJV-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-DancerRJV- wrote:

SkyClan480 wrote:

doodthedoodthedood
Turtiletoes
-DancerRJV-
Saoi2

Thanks!
Sure. Why I need a co-owner
Lol!

May the cries of your enemies be silenced by space's void.
(Does anybody remember that from two SWC sessions ago?)

Hey, another siggy scroller!

Hey, if you made it this far, you're a pretty dedicated siggy scroller.

Guess what? I'm a baker, dancer, Disney fan, enneagram lover, teen, who loves scratch, helping out in shops, and guiding new scratchers on their journey through scratch.

My sister is PFTV. If you don't know who she is, good luck finding her…

You know, you should really stop climbing down the stairs to my basement.

I told you to stop, there are some personal things down there!

Whoa whoa whoa, you better sllllllooooooooowwwww down.

You're still looking? Alright fine. Now you know. DON'T GO FURTHER

Come on, please?

… *sobs* pwetty pwese?

Alright fine. You went this far. I guess I've gotta give ya somethin'. Here ya go, I'm a potato. You heard it. now go to my profile and comment “chez puffs”.
Saoi2
Scratcher
63 posts

Tower Defense All The Way!

Sadly, my kumquat joke was eaten by an evil inception joke.

turtiletoes
Scratcher
98 posts

meh. Definitely possible by us but scratch is built to run 10-20 clones at a time, when we have a bunch of enemies flying out it lags a Lot, idk maybe we could use pen I have never made a pen game :l
In cubular defense (https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/227170992/) It lags a lot when like 10 enemies show up on the screen.

Last edited by turtiletoes (Aug. 28, 2018 00:45:45)

SkyClan480
Scratcher
100+ posts

turtiletoes wrote:

meh. Definitely possible by us but scratch is built to run 10-20 clones at a time, when we have a bunch of enemies flying out it lags a Lot, idk maybe we could use pen I have never made a pen game :l
In cubular defense (https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/227170992/) It lags a lot when like 10 enemies show up on the screen.
I've never made a pen game either.

Anyway, thanks guys. I thought yall would think we should never give up on tetris. And it is true, even the beta lags a bit with too many enemies onscreen. But we should be able to find a way to get it to not lag too much. It will definitely be easier than Tetris. We can start as soon as anyone is ready. we can repurpose the tetris studio for use with this. And to doodthedoodthedood, I would gladly take the position of co-owner if you want me to.

I know this is probably not the best place to put this, but we don't just have to do scratch stuff here. We can have fun off-topic talk too. I want to start a new topic with a question. Does anyone play The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, for either Wii U or Switch?

GENERATION 368: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. I did not start this.
Saoi2
Scratcher
63 posts

I sense a collab dying…

SkyClan480 wrote:

turtiletoes wrote:

Actually, I Do Have Experience With A Pen Game (Citysim), And It's Lag Free.
Also, Not Using The “Touching?” Block Drastically Speeds Up The Game.

SkyClan480
Scratcher
100+ posts

Saoi2 wrote:

I sense a collab dying…

SkyClan480 wrote:

turtiletoes wrote:

Actually, I Do Have Experience With A Pen Game (Citysim), And It's Lag Free.
Also, Not Using The “Touching?” Block Drastically Speeds Up The Game.
OK cool. I'll try to work that into the code.

(RIP my question…)

SkyClan480 wrote:

I know this is probably not the best place to put this, but we don't just have to do scratch stuff here. We can have fun off-topic talk too. I want to start a new topic with a question. Does anyone play The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, for either Wii U or Switch?

SkyClan480
Scratcher
100+ posts

I think I have something that will work to make the game less laggy. It will be easier for now since we only have a couple different tracks, but as we make more tracks, it will get more difficult. I'm going to make a custom block for each individual track, and it will have move and turn blocks in a specific arrangement to accomodate that track. Then I'll have a variable for the track, and when a player selects a track, the variable will be set to that track. Then when the game starts, the backdrop will switch to the right track depending on the variable, and the right movement code will be executed.

turtiletoes
Scratcher
98 posts

Hey we should make a studio for this project?
SkyClan480
Scratcher
100+ posts

turtiletoes wrote:

I'm going to repurpose the tetris studio

Saoi2
Scratcher
63 posts

SkyClan480 wrote:

turtiletoes wrote:

I'm going to repurpose the tetris studio
Okay.

XCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hi?

doodthedoodthedood
Scratcher
500+ posts

SkyClan480 wrote:

turtiletoes wrote:

Anyway, thanks guys. I thought yall would think we should never give up on tetris. And it is true, even the beta lags a bit with too many enemies onscreen. But we should be able to find a way to get it to not lag too much. It will definitely be easier than Tetris. We can start as soon as anyone is ready. we can repurpose the tetris studio for use with this. And to doodthedoodthedood, I would gladly take the position of co-owner if you want me to.

Good.

Go and join my development group Here. Check out my github here. If you want to help with anything just let me know.
Visit The Everthing Shop for all your scratch needs Also visit my programming class to learn to program in scratch or JavaScript or HTML or CSS!By @chaseman3245
SkyClan480
Scratcher
100+ posts

SkyClan480 wrote:

turtiletoes wrote:

Good.

Please Someone:

SkyClan480 wrote:

Saoi2
Scratcher
63 posts

SkyClan480 wrote:

Not Me. I Don't Even HAVE A Wii U Or Switch.

MasterOfTheTiger
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Saoi2 wrote:

SkyClan480 wrote:

And that's for the better (they are malware).

Last edited by MasterOfTheTiger (Aug. 31, 2018 00:18:11)

Do you need a good banner, or coding, or something else? Check out MasterOfTheTiger and Coder_Annika's Shop
sig by @myed - get yours here.

MasterOfTheTiger: Owner of MasterOfTheTiger's Shop Triple S, Shop Helpers, and SH Orders.
MasterOfTheTiger: Worker at GlitterStores, Request Shop, +
MasterOfTheTiger: Devoted to the success of Scratch Shops.

Do you need a good banner, or coding, or something else? Check out MasterOfTheTiger's shop - I do banners, logos, thumbnails, coding, intros and more here!

Saoi2
Scratcher
63 posts

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

Saoi2 wrote:

SkyClan480 wrote:

And that's for the better (they are malware).
Who Invited You? They Are Not Malware.
mal·ware
pronouced:malwer
noun: malware; plural noun: malware
software that is intended to damage or disable computers and computer systems.