Discuss Scratch

dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

✧GET COMPUTER HELP✧ // Scratch Computer Support Group 2.0!

ronsid wrote:

dude341 wrote:

ronsid wrote:

snip
Nice copy and paste work. I wasn't lying when I said I can tell when people use Google.
Why'd you snip?
It was long.

Placeholder
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dude341 wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

That's because this is going inactive. Not many posts get posted here.
Nothing is inactive…
Bump due to new page.

Placeholder
ronsid
Scratcher
100+ posts

dude341 wrote:

ronsid wrote:

Then everyone will copy + yeah I have followed this topic but it does not notify me
That doesn't matter, I can easily tell if someone copied or used Google. Try unfollowing and refollowing if it doesn't notify you.
I tried. did not work
My browser / operating system: Ubuntu Linux, Firefox 60.0, Flash 11.2 (release 202)

This siggy is protected by the Antiquat group
when green flag clicked
say [Scratch Time] for (2) secs
broadcast [funtime v]
when I receive [funtime v]
say [ Yaay] for (2) secs
python_megapixel
Scratcher
500+ posts

Can I make a suggestion? You have questions about each OS, and some general ones, such as who makes Chrome. To be accepted into the shop, you have to get the general ones and the ones for at least one OS, and you can help with just the OSes you are accepted for.

pythonmegapixel he/him or they/them
I have nothing else to put here for now
ronsid
Scratcher
100+ posts

this is going inactive..

when green flag clicked
broadcast [funtime v]
say [ Yaay] for (2) secs
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can we like, stop saying this is going inactive? I'm not on Scratch 24/7. I'm not sure if it's some sort of joke, but please stop. It would be inactive if it had no posts for 2 months, maybe.

Placeholder
ronsid
Scratcher
100+ posts

dude341 wrote:

Can we like, stop saying this is going inactive? I'm not on Scratch 24/7. I'm not sure if it's some sort of joke, but please stop. It would be inactive if it had no posts for 2 months, maybe.
for 2 days

when green flag clicked
broadcast [funtime v]
say [ Yaay] for (2) secs
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ronsid wrote:

dude341 wrote:

for 2 days
Look:

dude341 wrote:

I'm not on Scratch 24/7
This is NOT a popular topic, it will not be posted on every minute. I do most of the posting, but I'm not on 24/7. That is why there are gaps in between posts.
Please stop this.

Last edited by dude341 (June 13, 2018 14:51:35)

Placeholder
FakeOS
Scratcher
100+ posts

not sure if its related, but here goes :

How long do you think it will be before the core 2 Quad is obsolte? personally i've heard the corer 2 duo is obsolote, but i dont think it is as im currently using it with windows 10 as a backup computer

kinda related to a longer question : technology seemin to not progress as much. by this i mean, the core 2 quad is about 7 years old - back in 1999, this would be ancient compared to the new Pentium 3 (maybe 4 im not too sure lol) that are coming up.

Creator of the NeutrOS line of OS's - the fourth generation of OS.
comment “Hey dev!” on my profile if you see this!
FakeOS
Scratcher
100+ posts

FakeOS wrote:

How long do you think it will be before the core 2 Quad is obsolte? personally i've heard the corer 2 duo is obsolote, but i dont think it is as im currently using it with windows 10 as a backup computer

kinda related to a longer question : technology seemin to not progress as much. by this i mean, the core 2 quad is about 7 years old - back in 1999, this would be ancient compared to the new Pentium 3 (maybe 4 im not too sure lol) that are coming up.

whoops, that's embaraasing - i've spelt the keyword wrong twice. *obsolete lol

dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FakeOS wrote:

A lot of new people are using tech these days, unfortunately people who are new to things don't want that thing to keep changing, therefore companies are producing less to make more profit.

Placeholder
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

Placeholder
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hi everyone in this shop!
You may also be interested in my new competition:
The Projects Challenge - The Competition where YOU recreate games!
Click there! ^^^

Placeholder
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

Placeholder
FakeOS
Scratcher
100+ posts

dude341 wrote:

FakeOS wrote:

A lot of new people are using tech these days, unfortunately people who are new to things don't want that thing to keep changing, therefore companies are producing less to make more profit.

i guess - but this doesnt explain the rapid development in the internet bubble

sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Alright. This is the Scratch's Geek Squad. Kinda unique for a shop. If you want, I'll add your shop to Ordercentral. Just started, but thought I'd invite you. Your shop's kinda unique, it qualifies! Just complete this form below and post it in the Ordercentral topic.

Shop Name:
Shop Banner Link:
Time needed to answer a tech question (Please state a time):
Shop Description:
Agree to the Ordercentral Shop Agreement?

Note: When someone asks for tech help in the Ordercentral topic, I'll repost it here. You can just answer it here, I'll repost it in Ordercentral saying who completed the order and from what shop.

Last edited by sti_scratch (Aug. 14, 2018 05:52:37)

dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sti_scratch wrote:

Alright. This is the Scratch's Geek Squad. Kinda unique for a shop. If you want, I'll add your shop to Ordercentral. Just started, but thought I'd invite you. Your shop's kinda unique, it qualifies! Just complete this form below and post it in the Ordercentral topic.

Shop Name:
Shop Banner Link:
Time needed to answer a tech question (Please state a time):
Shop Description:
Agree to the Ordercentral Shop Agreement?

Note: When someone asks for tech help in the Ordercentral topic, I'll repost it here. You can just answer it here, I'll repost it in Ordercentral saying who completed the order and from what shop.
Thanks for the invite! This shop is inactive, and I would like it to become active again, so this may help. I'll post a form.

Placeholder
arloclc
Scratcher
100+ posts

Username: arloclc
The time that you have been on Scratch: 2 years, 9 months
I am following this shop: Yes
I have done the tech quiz (required, see below)
Additional info: 57 followers, good with tech, uses Google Chrome, has a Mac

1. True or false: Windows only comes in a 32-bit version: False
2. True or false: Mac is a brand of computer: True
3. True or false: Windows is a brand of computer: True
4. Who is Windows made by? Microsoft
5. What is Mac OS? The operating system used on Macs
6. Are chromebooks laptops or desktops? Laptops
7. True or false: Firefox is an open source browser: True
8. Who is Google Chrome made by?: Google
9. Explain how to defrag a disk in Windows: Depends on the operating system version
10. Explain how to use a web app on Chrome OS: Click the squares
11. How do you install an application on Mac OS (without the app store, you must also mention how to remove the “software from the internet” lock) Download it from the web, and then click “Open” when the pop-up appears
12. iOS is for phones, tablets, and portable music players
13. What does the “/SOS” or “Display boot information” boot argument in Windows do? Sorry, I'm a Mac person
14. True or false: Windows NT and 2000 and later (with the exception of ME) all use the NT kernel: Sorry, I'm a Mac person
15. True or false: The NT kernel is based on Linux: Sorry, I'm a Mac person
16. Is the PS2 128-bit? (please disregard any sources online about the PS2 and 6th generation consoles being in the “128-bit” era or the emotion engine being 128-bit, you may use other sources if you choose yes, also note it's not 16-bit, this is 2000 we're talking about, way past that era): Sorry, I'm a Mac person
17. How do you install an app on iOS? Open the App Store, find the app, and tap the cloud thing, or “Install”
18. How do I remove Internet Explorer shortcuts from my Windows system? Sorry, I'm a Mac person
19. Is the Nintendo 64 64 -bit?: Sorry, I don't have a Nintendo
20. The Atari Jaguar is commonly said as “64-bit” in its advertisements. Prove this wrong: I have no idea what you're talking about
21. Explain how to clear the cache on Chrome and Firefox: I don't use Firefox. Chrome: 3 dots>More Tools>Clear browsing data
22. Explain how to remove the “Amazon Assistant” spyware without an antivirus: I don't have the “Amazon Assistant” spyware and never have
23. What is Bluetooth? A wireless connection to connect devices to each other.
24. What is Wi-Fi (hint: it's not another word for internet as everyone thinks it is these days) Wireless internet
25. Do you need Bluetooth to make a phone call?: No.
26. What is Adobe After Effects?: I don't use it.
27. How do I add an extension to Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer? I don't use Firefox or Internet Explorer. Chrome: Go to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/, find the extension, and click “+ ADD TO CHROME”
28. Give a detailed description on how to use a web browser: Well, you can search for something in the search bar or URL bar, or you can type in a URL in the URL bar.
29. What does the Tab key do? It can be used in writing for adding a tab, or it can be used to change text boxes.
30. What do the Page Up and Page Down keys do on a web browser? Scrolling.

Inkulumo
Scratcher
500+ posts

arloclc wrote:

-snip-
Not Dude341 but Windows isn't technically a brand of computer - Surface is.
Defragging Windows has been pretty much the same since it was introduced
PS2 one should be obvious as 128 bit hasn't come out yet - even for a Mac person.
sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Inkulumo wrote:

arloclc wrote:

-snip-
Not Dude341 but Windows isn't technically a brand of computer - Surface is.
Defragging Windows has been pretty much the same since it was introduced
PS2 one should be obvious as 128 bit hasn't come out yet - even for a Mac person.
I ain't a tech person, but this is common sense right here:
- Windows isn't technically a brand of computer, true. But Surface also isn't. Microsoft is the brand. Surface is the type. The laptop model is Surface Pro. (Question 3 in quiz)
- Same thing. Apple is the brand. Mac is the type. MacBook Pro is the model. (Question 2 in quiz)

That's it for my comments on that.

- sti_scratch