Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ⭐️ᔕᕼOᑭ ᑭᗩᖇTᑎEᖇᔕᕼIᑭ ᗩᔕᔕOᑕIᗩTIOᑎ (ᔕᑭᗩ)⭐️[APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW]⭐️ωε’яε вαcк !! тнε вεsт ωαү тσ gяσω үσυя sнσρ ⭐️JOIN NOW⭐️27 member shops⭐️ [RSS Feed]
LotusLavender
Scratcher
1000+ posts

⭐️ᔕᕼOᑭ ᑭᗩᖇTᑎEᖇᔕᕼIᑭ ᗩᔕᔕOᑕIᗩTIOᑎ (ᔕᑭᗩ)⭐️[APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW]⭐️ωε’яε вαcк !! тнε вεsт ωαү тσ gяσω үσυя sнσρ ⭐️JOIN NOW⭐️27 member shops⭐️

Debate Questions for Candidates

(1) What is one solution you have to the banners clogging up space in Partnerships problems? I think that we should go bannerless for the list - we should use interesting colours and fonts for shop names (the only text) and use symbols to show what they sell. This will be up for discussion and we will vote on it.

(2) Do you feel that shops in the SPA are getting enough support? Justify your reasoning. No. At the moment, many SPA shops are closing and it is very much a advertising tool from what I see. We need to have NSNP-standard support open to all of our members. I suggest this being done by users in a new SPA role. - supporter. These are experienced forumers who’ve who are on hand to advise.

(3) Do you think that the SPA is important to shops? Justify. I think that the SPA only benifits smaller shops and mainly shoppers. It gives a list of example shops to use (shoppers) or model from (newer shops) and gets the word about your shop out. Bigger shops tend to have more to put on their op so it just clogs it up and they have customers anyway so it doesn’t make much difference.
If this makes any sense, SPA is like an apple. Smaller or newer shops are only used to grapes so it is very important but bigger shops have more watermelons than they need anyway so an apple is barely noticed.

(4) Are there any other problems that you feel need to be solved in the SPA? Justify. Main problem is definitely inactivity. May shops on our list are inactive and, considering they are usually at the top of the list, this makes us look ancient and outdated. This is NOT a good impression and it is becoming more of a problem. Thankfully, this is easily fixed: we need to use regular activity checks (probably run by the secretary). These will make sure it is clear when a shop closes and will stop them forgetting us.

(5) Finally, how are YOU going to change the SPA for the better if you become owner? I am going to make our purposes clear to prospective members, make support available to ALL MEMBERS when’re they need it and make sure we are always improving to become the best SPA we can be!

Please consider voting for me and make sure you read my speech!,

~ @LotusLavender,
Owner Candidate

Last edited by LotusLavender (Sept. 24, 2018 16:02:04)

My Profile || Contact me if you need any help or have any questions! || Buzzy Bee Banners ||

FollowCherryBlossom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

⭐️ᔕᕼOᑭ ᑭᗩᖇTᑎEᖇᔕᕼIᑭ ᗩᔕᔕOᑕIᗩTIOᑎ (ᔕᑭᗩ)⭐️[APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW]⭐️ωε’яε вαcк !! тнε вεsт ωαү тσ gяσω үσυя sнσρ ⭐️JOIN NOW⭐️27 member shops⭐️

Have we got 3 days to make a banner?

| Jess | 17 | Audiobook Maker | Artist | Coder | Questioning Biromantic | Writer | BROKEN + THE CYCLIST | #FINLAFOREVER

(((Finn the [Evil Kumquat Protector v]::#B22222)::#ffb6c1)::#9370DB)
FollowCherryBlossom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I, FollowCherryBlossom would like to campaign for Ownership. I would like to be owner because it would give me responsibility and it would be a fun opportunity and experience. I think I'd be good at owner as I am very active on scratch and go on everyday, I will check this everyday and update the description regular and add everyone's requests quickly. I will always tell you when I go away for a couple of days and I go on holiday. I am very organised and responsible and a kind person. Thank you for reading my speech.

~Cherry

Last edited by FollowCherryBlossom (Sept. 24, 2018 16:51:33)

| Jess | 17 | Audiobook Maker | Artist | Coder | Questioning Biromantic | Writer | BROKEN + THE CYCLIST | #FINLAFOREVER

LotusLavender
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FollowCherryBlossom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(1) What is one solution you have to the banners clogging up space in Partnerships problems? I think we should keep the banners as it shows what the shop is clearly and shows each shop uniquely

(2) Do you feel that shops in the SPA are getting enough support? Justify your reasoning. No, because they aren't many high up people at the moment and no one is actively commenting on shops

(3) Do you think that the SPA is important to shops? Justify.Yes because it help shops gain more workers and more business.

(4) Are there any other problems that you feel need to be solved in the SPA? Justify.There aren't many active people and we're lacking active, we need dedicated active people to run the SPA

(5) Finally, how are YOU going to change the SPA for the better if you become owner? I am going to be very active and organised and do what I can and update regularly.

~FollowCherryBlossom

GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LotusLavender
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GrahamSH wrote:

LotusLavender wrote:

SPA Election Campagning Links

@LotusLavender
Speech: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/291107/?page=116#post-3252709
Banner: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/291107/?page=116#post-3252709
Policy Checklist: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/291107/?page=116#post-3252709
Debate Answers: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/291107/?page=117#post-3260777

@FollowCherryBlossom
Speech: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/291107/?page=117#post-3260818
Banner: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/291107/?page=117#post-3260818
Policy Checklist: N/A
Debate Answers: N/A
I'm in it too!
I know. I’m waiting until things are posted

My Profile || Contact me if you need any help or have any questions! || Buzzy Bee Banners ||

ColinSz
Scratcher
4 posts

Shop Join:
Shop owner: ColinSz

Shop name: ☁ Variables Shop ☁

Shop banner: (Work in progress)

Shop description (make sure it is good as it will be the text to represent your shop): The ☁ Variables Shop ☁ is a one stop shop for anything variable related, from the ground, all the way up to the clouds.

Preferred shop description text color: None

Preferred shop name color: None

Where to link to the shop (image, description or title): Title

Hiring?: Yes

Current order count: 0 (Brand new shop)

Do you want a free review with the Shop Review Shop?: It is up to you, and I am still making it look nicer.

Do you agree to our laws?: I agree with all of the laws.

Have you read ALL of our laws? Yes

Are you following this topic? Yes

Last edited by ColinSz (Sept. 24, 2018 23:49:15)

LotusLavender
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ColinSz wrote:

Shop Join:
Shop owner: ColinSz

Shop name: ☁ Variables Shop ☁

Shop banner: (Work in progress)

Shop description (make sure it is good as it will be the text to represent your shop): The ☁ Variables Shop ☁ is a one stop shop for anything variable related, from the ground, all the way up to the clouds.

Preferred shop description text color: None

Preferred shop name color: None

Where to link to the shop (image, description or title): Title

Current order count: 0 (Brand new shop)

Do you want a free review with the Shop Review Shop?: It is up to you, and I am still making it look nicer.

Do you agree to our laws?: I agree with all of the laws.

Are you following this topic? Yes
We are in a election at the moment so please return later

wafflelot-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Application:
Shops:
Shop owner: @wafflelot- (me)
Shop name (please link): The Writers Shop https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/316165/
Shop banner:
Shop description (make sure it is good as it will be the text to represent your shop): A shop taking care of your writing needs free and fast! With friendly and reliable staff you're sure to get the top quality in your order! Under 48-hour service guaranteed! Now Hiring!
Preferred shop description text colour: Black
Preferred shop name colour: Black
Where to link to the shop (image, description or title): Click my signature
Current order count: 2
Do you want a free review with the Shop Review Shop?: If that's not any trouble then sure!
Do you agree to our laws? Yes
Are you following this topic? Yes I am

Last edited by wafflelot- (Sept. 26, 2018 21:30:55)

GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(1) What is one solution you have to the banners clogging up space in Partnerships problems? I think we could have it with just the name, description and owner. This along with all future policies will be voted upon.

(2) Do you feel that shops in the SPA are getting enough support? Justify your reasoning. Right now, no. Many SPA shops are closing and having inactivity due to lack of advertising and benefits. We need to have the same benefits that all new shops and NSNP shops have for all shops. I also propose a new job-we could have Shop Helpers. These people can give advice and help shops that are inexperienced and can also help with inactivity. This would also be voted upon.

(3) Do you think that the SPA is important to shops? Justify. I think that the SPA only benefits smaller shops. It gets the word about your shop out but that's pretty much it. Bigger shops already have customers anyway so it doesn’t make much difference.

(4) Are there any other problems that you feel need to be solved in the SPA? Justify. The main problem for all shop owners and shoppers is inactivity. Many shops on our list are inactive and/or closed. Also if you think about the fact that they are usually at the top of the list, this makes us look ancient and outdated. This is not good for the more active shops OR the shoppers. My easy solution is to have… ACTIVITY CHECKS!! This is the root of the problem. This is how simple it is to fix it! This is how to have only active shops.

(5) Finally, how are YOU going to change the SPA for the better if you become owner? I am going to enforce my policies, make support equal for all shops, and be active! This is why you should vote for me, and make sure we are always improving to become the best SPA we can be!

Policy Checklist
*Updated partnership list
*NSNP benefits fpr all shops
*Shop Helpers
*Bimonthly(every two weeks) activity checks
*2 reps per shop

My Priorities
*Check all laws
*Redo reps system(it's a mess)
*Straighten out job powers
*Make a clear voting system

Thanks for reading,
GrahamSH

Small pieces of text were taken from LotusLavender. I am not intending to copy LotusLavender's speech in any way, shape, or form

Last edited by GrahamSH (Sept. 26, 2018 11:06:27)

i made a project inspector!! https://project-inspector.pages.dev/
i made this online agenda: https://ejenda.org

i helped make this site: https://umassmakers.cloud/
FollowCherryBlossom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My Police Checklist:

SPA needs a new owner, one who'll be dedicated and active and encouraging. They also need to be kind and want to achieve as much as they can.

I would love to be the new owner and I believe in this thread an all of it's workers.

Polices:
  • Activity Check Every week
  • If you miss a check you will be marked as inactive
  • If you miss the check after that you will be fired
  • If you're fired you can't reply for another week
  • The owners of the shops are reps but they can also nominate 1 rep ONLY to also say things to the shop
  • All staff need to be dedicated to their job

For the Leader:
    • MUST be active and on here when you can be
    • MUST say if going away for a length of time
    • NEEDS to be dedicated
    • Updates the page regularly

GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My banner
http://xomf.com/mgsnf
I can't use cubeupload right now

i made a project inspector!! https://project-inspector.pages.dev/
i made this online agenda: https://ejenda.org

i helped make this site: https://umassmakers.cloud/
XCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wafflelot- wrote:

Application:
Shops:
Shop owner: @wafflelot- (me)
Shop name (please link): The Writers Shop https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/316165/
Shop banner:
Shop description (make sure it is good as it will be the text to represent your shop): A shop
Preferred shop description text colour: Black
Preferred shop name colour: Black
Where to link to the shop (image, description or title): Click my signature
Current order count: 2
Do you want a free review with the Shop Review Shop?: If that's not any trouble then sure!
Do you agree to our laws? Yes
Are you following this topic? Yes I am

Sorry, but we're having an election Please check back later

wgyt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can I have Speed Sales (Everything Shop)? Thanks!

william - not active - https://wgyt.tk
GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What are the benefits of this organisation?

Signatures are a strange one really aren't they?
LotusLavender
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

What are the benefits of this organisation?
At the moment, we’re making a lot more of them. At the mo, it’s advertising in nearly 50 places and the fact you get allies in similar positions to you. That’s benifits for shops. For you, it’s great fun and a chance to be part of something amazing!

XCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Voting is now open!

Warning: I'll have no Internet for the next five days, so don't expect any activity from me.

wgyt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shop owner:Wgyt
Shop name (please link)░▒▓█►─═ 丅ᕼᗴ ᗩᗯᗴᔕᗝᗰᗴ ᔕᕼᗝᑭ ═─◄█▓▒░
Shop banner:
Shop description (make sure it is good as it will be the text to represent your shop): Everything you need in 3 easy steps
Preferred shop description text colour:Blue
Preferred shop name colour:Black
Where to link to the shop (image, description or title):Image
Hiring?:Yes
Current order count:0 (new shop)
Do you want a free review with the Shop Review Shop?:Yes
Do you agree to our laws?Yes
Have you read ALL of our laws?Yes
Are you following this topic?Yes

Last edited by wgyt (Nov. 9, 2018 21:19:14)

william - not active - https://wgyt.tk
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ⭐️ᔕᕼOᑭ ᑭᗩᖇTᑎEᖇᔕᕼIᑭ ᗩᔕᔕOᑕIᗩTIOᑎ (ᔕᑭᗩ)⭐️[APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW]⭐️ωε’яε вαcк !! тнε вεsт ωαү тσ gяσω үσυя sнσρ ⭐️JOIN NOW⭐️27 member shops⭐️ [RSS Feed]