Discuss Scratch

LiFaytheGoblin
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

Hey everyone,

the Welcoming Committee is an awesome place where New Scratchers can come and introduce themselves, ask questions and make friends. New Scratchers can also check out the large number of brilliant welcoming projects in the studio that have been made by members of the Welcoming Committee.

The way that we add projects to the studio is going to be changing. In the past, people who wanted to join had to post a link to their project in the studio's comments. Then, one of our team of curators would look at it and give feedback until it was up to scratch (pun intended) and could be added to the studio.

From now on, we're going to be making this easier. If you have a welcoming project and would like to join the Welcoming Committee, you can visit the Project Submissions - Welcoming Committee studio and add your project using the ‘add projects’ button. We will then see all these projects and review them, just like before. This change will mean that it is easier for us to see what projects need to be reviewed, and also it will become simpler to apply.

If you're interested in joining the Committee, you can find instructions about how to join in the Joining the Welcoming Committee Scratch project.

Scratch On!

– Lifay and the Welcoming Committee Team


Scratch Community Moderator • Deutsch, English, Français, Español
DACH Scratch WikiEN Scratch WikiAll Scratch WikisA Scratch Wiki in your native language








Drunken_Sailor
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

First! XD

Awesome! Sounds great; will help the Committee review projects even faster than before.

Dilek10
Scratcher
100+ posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

That's good

Hello, I'm @Dilek10!
I'm a girl who is an artist, animator and a game designer!
Here is my profile!
My art shop! I'm looking 4 some people.
A link to my one of my projects. Please love and favorite because I want to go to front page!!!!!!!!1

But My Hope Will Never Die!-A YouTube video
frances2005
Scratcher
100+ posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

LiFaytheGoblin wrote:

Hey everyone,

the Welcoming Committee is an awesome place where New Scratchers can come and introduce themselves, ask questions and make friends. New Scratchers can also check out the large number of brilliant welcoming projects in the studio that have been made by members of the Welcoming Committee.

The way that we add projects to the studio is going to be changing. In the past, people who wanted to join had to post a link to their project in the studio's comments. Then, one of our team of curators would look at it and give feedback until it was up to scratch (pun intended) and could be added to the studio.

From now on, we're going to be making this easier. If you have a welcoming project and would like to join the Welcoming Committee, you can visit the Project Submissions - Welcoming Committee studio and add your project using the ‘add projects’ button. We will then see all these projects and review them, just like before. This change will mean that it is easier for us to see what projects need to be reviewed, and also it will become simpler to apply.

If you're interested in joining the Committee, you can find instructions about how to join in the Joining the Welcoming Committee Scratch project.

Scratch On!

– Lifay and the Welcoming Committee Team

ok, that sounds fair. i think there should be a place for it on the front page like the SDS things to try has.


Each day, remixes and projects are often out on my profile. Come back tomorrow and there should be new projects. Every day I post new project (s) and if you don't call that active, I don't know what else will consider me active.I don't care about quality or quantity, I enjoy this site, and I like programming and sharing since it is fun to do so, and that is why I use Scratch.
frances2005
Scratcher
100+ posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

Drunken_Sailor wrote:

First! XD

Awesome! Sounds great; will help the Committee review projects even faster than before.

congrats! not to spam or go off topic, but my side account was first to reply on the updates to the messages forum @turtieturtle
not trying to brag either.


Each day, remixes and projects are often out on my profile. Come back tomorrow and there should be new projects. Every day I post new project (s) and if you don't call that active, I don't know what else will consider me active.I don't care about quality or quantity, I enjoy this site, and I like programming and sharing since it is fun to do so, and that is why I use Scratch.
bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

Sounds like a great idea!
Since so many people comment in the Welcoming Committee, project links can easily get lost.

Hi there!
I'm bigpuppy.
brodes11
Scratcher
6 posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

bigpuppy wrote:

Sounds like a great idea!
Since so many people comment in the Welcoming Committee, project links can easily get lost.
Coder_Annika
Scratcher
500+ posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

Sounds greats.


@Coder_Annika
Cat Enthusiast | Avid Reader | Land of Stories Fan | RiverClan | Hufflepuff | Good with Tech | Smart | Friendly | Helpful
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

Sounds nice! Seems like it'll really help keep things a bit more organized.
PackersRuleGoPack
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

Nice

-Vuton-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

Cool, This was a great idea!


customhacker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

Neat!

❖ Member of the Forum Helpers ❖ Experienced Wikian ❖
❖ Member of the Wiki Warehouse ❖ Owner of Customhacker's Royal Logo and Banner Shop ❖
❖ Member of Unloved Loves ❖ Former Member of the Services Planning Department ❖


dressygirl
Scratcher
37 posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

Good idea! It will help the welcoming comitee stay more orginized!
this is smiley. She protects me from all evil. You don't want to mess with her!
check out my profile for animations,games, and lots of fun!


Last edited by dressygirl (Sept. 20, 2017 19:36:16)

ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

Neat idea!
Wow, no spam posts here yet! Interesting…

- That's Bob. Click on the non-orange links please! VIEW AND SUPPORT THIS! Here's my stuff! and my shops! I'm part of

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

Neat idea!
Wow, no spam posts here yet! Interesting…
Don't jinx it.

Anyway, I think this is a good idea, as the Welcoming Committee is a pretty crowded studio.

She/They | 13 | Pansexual | Artist/Animator | ShadowClan | Warriors, TØP, Eddsworld, and P!ATD enthusiast
Hey there! I'm LionHeart70! I'm all what says above, as well as a cat owner, forum helper, wiki editor, and Sagittarius. I've also been on for 2 years. In my spare time I enjoy listening to music, drawing, and playing video games.


charlottelucy15
Scratcher
88 posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

This is a good idea, there are so many comments on the Welcoming Committee everyday that, it would be harder to navigate, and it would take more time to add all the projects on. I like this change.

Hey guys, I'm charlottelucy15! I mainly do projects about HP but I also do random stuff. I have a 60 follower contest going on so if you want to join that would be great. I am a completely random person who likes falling off chairs to make people laugh. I am very messy and I lose everything. I hate anything to do with the colour pink and I obsess Harry Potter.
290Scratcher
Scratcher
500+ posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

LionHeart70 wrote:

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

Neat idea!
Wow, no spam posts here yet! Interesting…
Don't jinx it.
Yes don't

LionHeart70 wrote:

Anyway, I think this is a good idea, as the Welcoming Committee is a pretty crowded studio.
Agreed.

Drunken_Sailor wrote:

First! XD
Please no.

DrunkenSailor wrote:

Awesome! Sounds great; will help the Committee review projects even faster than before.
Agreed.

My opinion: This is a great change! The comments would get so cluttered up so allowing everyone to add to the studio is a nice change.


Hey there! I’m just a guy who… um… does stuff? I guess.

Main PC info:
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
500GB hard drive
Intel graphics card and processor
3GB RAM
3GHz processor


I have other computers too, but when I try to list them my siggy is cut off. .-.
cutelittlescratchcat
Scratcher
27 posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

A mention to one of our scratch leavers ms_whiskers who sadly we say goodbye to ! We all wish him good luck

Best wishes

Cutelittlescratchcat

Cat :D
YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee

Cool! Sounds like a great idea!

Hello! I'm YubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 1600+ posts! | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters

Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, comment, “Wisconsin Cheese”, and check out my featured project (it's important!)
;

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile