Discuss Scratch

DisasterPug
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ban follow accounts

Here are the reasons:
People think Scratch is about fame
It may make people think Scratch is all about getting follows because they say stuff like "I help new Scratchers by giving them free follows"

People get disappointed
I always hate it when I get a message and it's just a follow account same with studio activity messages because they follow me but then I realize they don't actually care about my projects and I think a lot of people agree

People use it to get in studios
People may use Follow-Everybody accounts to get in studios with follower requirements which are still bad

FancyFoxy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ban follow accounts

I thought they weren't allowed already.

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE. THIS MEANS IT IS AN AUTOMATIC MESSAGE THAT APPEARS AT THE BOTTOM OF ALL MY POSTS.
Hi! I'm FancyFoxy! I create animations and games that were never, EVER meant to be taken seriously.
FancyFoxy Heroes and #Thanksgiving are some of my latest projects, check them out!
-NightingaleFeather-
Scratcher
5 posts

Ban follow accounts

I support.

This is the test account of Thelnvoker. Please check out my projects there.
78ch3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ban follow accounts

Yes. All follow accounts should be banned.

Sup, I’m 78ch3, person on the internet, TBGForums Member, owner of 78ch3's Everything Shop™ + The United Shops Of Scratch + Scratch Shop Reviewers Federation, and a very lazy person in general (IDK why). My pronouns are she/they for anyone interested. The bold orange words are links. Click them plz
Click here to find out how to get into any scratch account, without the password
Liquid Metal LLC - Information, Investigation, Infiltration /|\ Click to join the Advanced Stealth Combat RP /|\

My PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, AMD Radeon RX 6800XT ROG Strix Liquid cooled OC edition, ROG Strix x570-E Gaming, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB), Seagate FireCuda 520 PCIe Gen 4 NVMe (500GB), Crucial P2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe (1TB), Corsair HX1000, Gigabyte G34WQC, RIG 800HD.
I mostly play Fortnite, Minecraft, the Touhou Project series and Terraria

Oh, you won’t see this without a ctrl+shift+down.
People need better thumbnails.
Also there's a lot of anti-kumquat equipment but the kumquats are too scared to come within 100 kilometres of me.
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Ban follow accounts

FancyFoxy wrote:

^This. We already block accounts that were created for the sole purpose of giving empty follows.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ban follow accounts

cheddargirl wrote:

FancyFoxy wrote:

^This. We already block accounts that were created for the sole purpose of giving empty follows.

^^
thank you. Here, have a virtual taco. *gives you taco*

under penalty of law this signature is not to be removed except by the consumer
Hyperfinity
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ban follow accounts

What are follow accounts?

jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ban follow accounts

Hyperfinity wrote:

What are follow accounts?
From what I can tell from @cheddargirl's response, they're accounts made solely to give follows.

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
78ch3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ban follow accounts

Well, this needs a bit of a bomp

Sup, I’m 78ch3, person on the internet, TBGForums Member, owner of 78ch3's Everything Shop™ + The United Shops Of Scratch + Scratch Shop Reviewers Federation, and a very lazy person in general (IDK why). My pronouns are she/they for anyone interested. The bold orange words are links. Click them plz
Click here to find out how to get into any scratch account, without the password
Liquid Metal LLC - Information, Investigation, Infiltration /|\ Click to join the Advanced Stealth Combat RP /|\

My PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, AMD Radeon RX 6800XT ROG Strix Liquid cooled OC edition, ROG Strix x570-E Gaming, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB), Seagate FireCuda 520 PCIe Gen 4 NVMe (500GB), Crucial P2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe (1TB), Corsair HX1000, Gigabyte G34WQC, RIG 800HD.
I mostly play Fortnite, Minecraft, the Touhou Project series and Terraria

Oh, you won’t see this without a ctrl+shift+down.
People need better thumbnails.
Also there's a lot of anti-kumquat equipment but the kumquats are too scared to come within 100 kilometres of me.
walkcycle
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ban follow accounts

78ch3 wrote:

Well, this needs a bit of a bomp
But

cheddargirl wrote:

FancyFoxy wrote:

Charles12310
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ban follow accounts

cheddargirl wrote:

FancyFoxy wrote:

^^ No support.

A few internet communication companies want to corrupt the internet by getting rid of net neutrality. Stop Them!
montand824
Scratcher
4 posts

Ban follow accounts

Support! We should also ban Follow for follow! Chillin with you all the way
YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ban follow accounts

_Lillion_ wrote:

support. you should earn followers not get given them for free like f4f
I agree, support for the reasons listed above ^^^

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
plasmamasta
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ban follow accounts

In my opinion, free follow accounts should be allowed IF They also use scratch to make projects. I think they shouldn't be allowed if they only just follow random people

*NOTE* I have recently released my new game on scratch called Krystal Kombat 4! It took me 5 months and has 20 fun levels for you to play, you can play it Here!

great_elmo
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ban follow accounts

montand824 wrote:

Support! We should also ban Follow for follow! Chillin with you all the way
banning F4F is rejected,

Rejected Suggestions wrote:

Ban “follow for follow”
Asking someone to participate in follow for follow is relatively harmless. It is also not really enforceable; how do you stop someone from doing follow for follow? If someone asks you to do follow for follow, and you do not want to, just politely decline their request. If they keep spamming you with requests, you can report that user.

Last edited by great_elmo (June 14, 2019 18:33:47)

Total weeaboo.

Steam
NilsTheBest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ban follow accounts

Can we stop necroposting? This has been answered.

cheddargirl wrote:

FancyFoxy wrote:

NilsTheChair | 5 years on Scratch | 4000+ posts | former wiki editor | 332nd FPC | CoR founder
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ban follow accounts

cheddargirl wrote:

FancyFoxy wrote:

Looks like this post already sums up our views on follow accounts. If you see any accounts created for the specific purpose of following a bunch of people, please use the Report button, or use Contact Us if you need to.

Feel free to do “follow for follow” with anyone, though. That won't be banned on Scratch.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021. I reached 20,000 forum posts on June 24th 2024.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay