Discuss Scratch

mrkeef
Scratcher
16 posts

Dungeons and Dragons

ROLL_FOR_INITIATIVE wrote:

mrkeef wrote:

ROLL_FOR_INITIATIVE wrote:

Hey anyone here DM a campaign? If so, you have probably said, at least once, ROLL FOR INITIATIVE!
That means we must be guilty of copyright infringement!
Lol yeah I guess so
:smile:

Huge nerd!
Schrodinger's cat is out for revenge…
PlaidJdawg
Scratcher
100+ posts

Dungeons and Dragons

Sometimes it feels like you have to roll a natural 20 in order to get a schedule where no one has conflicting plans in order to plan a dnd session
mrkeef
Scratcher
16 posts

Dungeons and Dragons

PlaidJdawg wrote:

Sometimes it feels like you have to roll a natural 20 in order to get a schedule where no one has conflicting plans in order to plan a dnd session
IKR?

Huge nerd!
lm1996
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dungeons and Dragons

PlaidJdawg wrote:

I never have that problem.

Lm / She/her / D&D DM / April 3rd /
lm1996
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dungeons and Dragons

Bump

mrkeef
Scratcher
16 posts

Dungeons and Dragons

Do you think monks are trash? If so, PREPARE TO FACE MY SHORTSWORD/UNARMED STRIKE FIVE HIT COMBO!

Huge nerd!
lm1996
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dungeons and Dragons

mrkeef wrote:

Do you think monks are trash? If so, PREPARE TO FACE MY SHORTSWORD/UNARMED STRIKE FIVE HIT COMBO!
Ooh, can you elaborate?

—-
My combo is wood elf (+5 speed, better hide)
rogue (y'know, rogue)
Scout (+10 speed, more expertise, ability to move away)
Longbow (Pew, pew!)
Rapier
At level 5 it's a +7 to all Dex attacks w/ proficiency and a passive perception of 19

CatSp1der
Scratcher
81 posts

Dungeons and Dragons

Heh I've been (attempting) to create a campaign even though I've only played once (hrnggg I don't think I'll be a player for a looooooooooong time slfsjflkajsdfl) Any tips?

Casper ➸ they/xey/mango/teal/fluffy/hyr ➸ Warrior cats

Hullo human/potato/whatever you are! I am a friendly Scratcher who enjoys art and helping out!
lm1996
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dungeons and Dragons

CatSp1der wrote:

Heh I've been (attempting) to create a campaign even though I've only played once (hrnggg I don't think I'll be a player for a looooooooooong time slfsjflkajsdfl) Any tips?
Try and find a group and experience being a player first, perhaps?

PlaidJdawg
Scratcher
100+ posts

Dungeons and Dragons

CatSp1der wrote:

Tip: try to find a group that is patient enough with you that they won't get upset if you don't know how to play well, and also try to play with experienced players
zahmbie1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dungeons and Dragons

Me trying to figure out how DnD beyond works:
calulord
Scratcher
100+ posts

Dungeons and Dragons

When I first learned about DnD it seemed like the best thing ever. But then I learned there where other roleplaying games. I’ve seen to many of them that now I can’t see DnD as much else a mediocore fantasy wargame stitched onto a mediocore fantasy roleplaying game. It has such a massive dominance over the TTRPG community that it basically is synonymous with TTRPGs, not due to quality, but brand power. I feel that a lot of the love that DnD gets is not because DnD is amazing, but TTRPGs are amazing, and DnD simply is considered by many to be the TTRPG.

-bloominq
Scratcher
87 posts

Dungeons and Dragons

calulord wrote:

When I first learned about DnD it seemed like the best thing ever. But then I learned there where other roleplaying games. I’ve seen to many of them that now I can’t see DnD as much else a mediocore fantasy wargame stitched onto a mediocore fantasy roleplaying game. It has such a massive dominance over the TTRPG community that it basically is synonymous with TTRPGs, not due to quality, but brand power. I feel that a lot of the love that DnD gets is not because DnD is amazing, but TTRPGs are amazing, and DnD simply is considered by many to be the TTRPG.
(i hope I'm not necroposting) people love DnD because DnD was THE FIRST ttrpg. All the others were based on it- that's probably why you think it's mediocre.

shift+down

Banner by The Water Otters
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My DnD Character
  • Raven Katashi
  • Human Variant (haha Loki)
  • Rogue
  • Criminal
  • Swashbuckler
  • Level 16 (1 shot)
Welp, thanks for checking out my signature! Maybe check out my profile?
Hi_I_am_Alex
Scratcher
100+ posts

Dungeons and Dragons

zahmbie1 wrote:

Me trying to figure out how DnD beyond works:
omigod don't even start lol I've given up on DnD Beyond a long time ago. I just use Roll20, it's glitchy as all heck but it gets the job done.

Hi, nice to meet you! I am Alex.
*Disclaimer - my real name is not Alex
Hi_I_am_Alex
Scratcher
100+ posts

Dungeons and Dragons

lm1996 wrote:

mrkeef wrote:

PlaidJdawg wrote:

mrkeef wrote:

PlaidJdawg wrote:

mrkeef wrote:

Does anyone who plays MTG like me notice the references to D&D?
I do, I think it's because they are both made by wizards of the coast
Yeah, that's the reason. They're actually doing a MTG thing that takes place in the forgotten realms…
Oh, yeah, was it, ravincia's guide, I think?
The Forgotten Realms and Ravincia are different worlds, so I'd doubt it was in Guildmaster's Guide to Ravinicia. I'm not 100% sure on that one, however.
Isn't it Ravnica?
I believe the book “Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica” is basically the D&D adaptation of the world of MTG. The world of Ravnica is separate from the Forgotten Realms, like Eberron and Dark Sun and Greyhawk.

Hi, nice to meet you! I am Alex.
*Disclaimer - my real name is not Alex
saturnsrings8
Scratcher
2 posts

Dungeons and Dragons

Hi I'm new to scratch but i think this forum is so cool!
Scratch--TheCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dungeons and Dragons

bump

Welcome to my signature! This is not part of any of my posts, meaning that my signature can be as off topic as I want!

Datsu | They/any/none pronouns | Aroace | Filipino
Scratcher | Forumer | Griffpatcher
cool thing you should see
PFP: Kasane Teto [image from Mesmerizer by 32ki; art by channel/CASTSTATION; character by TWINDRILL]
Certified japanese music listener and OSC member :3

totally not an advertisment to give me internets

random emoticons i made up and put here because why not :
c ^^ c '^w^ `>n<`
684pika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dungeons and Dragons

Scratch--TheCat wrote:

bump
did you seriously just-

CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN

if you could give me an internet, that'd be great, but it's up to you.

i make music on the beepbox forum

At The Piano Shop, we provide you with quality musical services done by music-lover Scratchers!
The Piano Shop is a shop owned by @seg-leinad which focuses on music. Nowadays, we need staff, so please apply if you're willing to share your music skills with others!

Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts.

I hang around the forums a lot.

Musician - panromantic - 13 - 8th grade - Gifted - bored - The Beatles - other 60's bands - Manager of the Official Beatles Fan Club!! - idk what else to say. if you have something else for me to put in here lemme know on my profile comments.

hi

lapisi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dungeons and Dragons

684pika wrote:

(#138)

Scratch--TheCat wrote:

bump
did you seriously just-
it's a bump, putting the topic to the top of the page, which does not count as offtopic if that's what you're referring to anyways

I swear if one more person comments “carrot” on my profile I'll-

don't forget

by the way MagicCoder330 is hosting a social experiment, I'm curious to see where it goes, please comment on it I want to see what the next phase is

why are humans so meaty?
684pika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dungeons and Dragons

lapisi wrote:

684pika wrote:

(#138)

Scratch--TheCat wrote:

bump
did you seriously just-
it's a bump, putting the topic to the top of the page, which does not count as offtopic if that's what you're referring to anyways
no, i know what a bump is, but this topic has been dead for almost a year, and i made a new topic cuz this one was dead, and then this person came in and bumped it.

CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN

if you could give me an internet, that'd be great, but it's up to you.

i make music on the beepbox forum

At The Piano Shop, we provide you with quality musical services done by music-lover Scratchers!
The Piano Shop is a shop owned by @seg-leinad which focuses on music. Nowadays, we need staff, so please apply if you're willing to share your music skills with others!

Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts.

I hang around the forums a lot.

Musician - panromantic - 13 - 8th grade - Gifted - bored - The Beatles - other 60's bands - Manager of the Official Beatles Fan Club!! - idk what else to say. if you have something else for me to put in here lemme know on my profile comments.

hi