braxbroscratcher wrote:

Hyperfinity wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Hyperfinity wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Hyperfinity wrote:

I can prove god (if he existed) can't do everything:

Can god create a stone he can't lift?

If he create a stone and can't lift it, he can't do everything; he can't lift the stone.

If he creates a stone and lifts it, he still can't do everything; he can't create a stone he can't lift.

God is not omnipotent.
EXPOSED!!!!

If god WAS omnipotent, I can disprove god (well, technically this guy):

It is impossible for a square-circle to exist because it contradicts its own definition. The christian god is defined as being simultaneously omnipotent and omnibenevolent. However, it is impossible to be both omnipotent and omnibenevolent at the same time, because an omnipotent being would be capable of evil, while an omnibenevolent being would not. God contradicts his own definition, so he is like a square-circle: impossible to exist.
all of this is fixed if the definition of omnipotent is not infinite power, but indefinite power. The difference being, one cannot be defined, the other is not finite.
But that isn't the definition. The definition is ''almighty or infinite in power". Look at this.
You just made up your own definition of the word ‘omnipotent’. Please find one source where it says that omnipotent means indefinite power. I can find thousands of sources saying otherwise. My ears are open. Please prove me wrong, because I think that's the meaning you would like it to be, because you want to prove me wrong, but you should just deal with the fact that that's not the real definition, and god (most likely) doesn't exist.
The current definition is logically infeasible and thus cannot exist - therefore, it must be redefined if the word is to have any useful meaning. What I'm saying is for the word to actually be useful, it'd have to mean the described object has an undefinable amount of power, since an infinite amount of power would be impossible - because your powers are finite once you rule out the impossibilities. However, another way you could argue omnipotence's definition to be this way is that inf - 1 is still inf, since inf is an infinitely large value, and subtracting one from that does not change the fact it is infinitely large.
You just disproved got right there
since an infinite amount of power would be impossible
That disproves god's ‘almighty’ power. BAM!
God doesn't exist. You proved it yourself.
Not true - their definition for His power is false. His power is indefinite and undefined, but not infinite - he is not omnipotent, but he is powerful beyond mortal imagination.
believe what you want. i want force what is true upon you

owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paradoxes

How to do the sum 1 violin x 10 (time travel required

1. Put a violin on a table.
2. Leave it there for 10 minutes
3. Remove it from the table and travel back in time to 1 minute ago
4. Take the violin on the table.
5. Repeat the steps 3 and 4 eight more times
6. Travel back to the present.
7. Put all 10 violins on the table
8. Realise that all 10 violins are the same violin

Last edited by owlannaelsa (April 9, 2018 13:17:09)

IMPORTANT: do not stalk me. just because im active somewhere doesnt mean that you should stalk me to that place. please, its VERY annoying.
braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paradoxes

owlannaelsa wrote:

The moment you do 4 the one you currently possess ceases to exist.

My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom

Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paradoxes

Hyperfinity wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Hyperfinity wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Hyperfinity wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Hyperfinity wrote:

If he create a stone and can't lift it, he can't do everything; he can't lift the stone.

If he creates a stone and lifts it, he still can't do everything; he can't create a stone he can't lift.

God is not omnipotent.
EXPOSED!!!!

It is impossible for a square-circle to exist because it contradicts its own definition. The christian god is defined as being simultaneously omnipotent and omnibenevolent. However, it is impossible to be both omnipotent and omnibenevolent at the same time, because an omnipotent being would be capable of evil, while an omnibenevolent being would not. God contradicts his own definition, so he is like a square-circle: impossible to exist.
all of this is fixed if the definition of omnipotent is not infinite power, but indefinite power. The difference being, one cannot be defined, the other is not finite.
But that isn't the definition. The definition is ''almighty or infinite in power". Look at this.
You just made up your own definition of the word ‘omnipotent’. Please find one source where it says that omnipotent means indefinite power. I can find thousands of sources saying otherwise. My ears are open. Please prove me wrong, because I think that's the meaning you would like it to be, because you want to prove me wrong, but you should just deal with the fact that that's not the real definition, and god (most likely) doesn't exist.
The current definition is logically infeasible and thus cannot exist - therefore, it must be redefined if the word is to have any useful meaning. What I'm saying is for the word to actually be useful, it'd have to mean the described object has an undefinable amount of power, since an infinite amount of power would be impossible - because your powers are finite once you rule out the impossibilities. However, another way you could argue omnipotence's definition to be this way is that inf - 1 is still inf, since inf is an infinitely large value, and subtracting one from that does not change the fact it is infinitely large.
Not true - their definition for His power is false. His power is indefinite and undefined, but not infinite - he is not omnipotent, but he is powerful beyond mortal imagination.
God technically *isn't* omnipotent, he is near omnipotent but there are some things he cannot do. And also, being capable of evil and doing evil are two entirely different things.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paradoxes

Hyperfinity wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Hyperfinity wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Hyperfinity wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Hyperfinity wrote:

God is not omnipotent.
EXPOSED!!!!

Considering I also don't believe He is omnibenevolent… not your typical Christian.

My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom

Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
agentToast
Scratcher
100+ posts

Paradoxes

Going back in time wouldn't cause a paradox. Instead, everything would turn out normal, since if you go back in time, that means that event happened in the past, so all events that happened there would make everything normal in the future.

At l.east that's how I think of time travel

so guys we did it.
jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paradoxes

agentToast wrote:

Going back in time wouldn't cause a paradox. Instead, everything would turn out normal, since if you go back in time, that means that event happened in the past, so all events that happened there would make everything normal in the future.

Maybe, but it would alter the timeline significantly (see butterfly effect) and might alter your life causing you not to go back in time.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

agentToast
Scratcher
100+ posts

Paradoxes

jromagnoli wrote:

agentToast wrote:

Maybe, but it would alter the timeline significantly (see butterfly effect) and might alter your life causing you not to go back in time.

Well, I think of time as a constant flow, thus going back in time would be normal, since that happened in the past. It would actually help the events happen normally today.

so guys we did it.
PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paradoxes

Hyperfinity wrote:

-snip-
Don't do long quote trains, and try not to do religous paradoxes.

Got to be good looking cause he's so hard to see -The Beatles

(Thank you @just-there from The Profile Picture Shop for the banner ^^)

Nothing's down here, sorry to disappoint you.

JK. there may be something down there…

Maybe not, tho.

You're determined, aren't you?

Talar du Svenska? Om inte, det ar fin.

Just stop it, will ya?

Fine, you win.

Take a rice cake. *yeets you a rice cake*
Say “Thanks for that rice cake, Kewpie!” if you made it this far.
Hyperfinity
Scratcher
500+ posts

Paradoxes

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

Hyperfinity wrote:

-snip-
Why?

Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Paradoxes

jromagnoli wrote:

agentToast wrote:

Not really, it would probably just create an alternate reality where you went back in time and did stuff, while leaving everything alone in this reality
(at least i think that's how it works)

I used to make stuff on here, now i just come on when i'm bored, don't expect anything from me now.
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Jan. 1, 2020 00:00:00)
oh no, the joke is dead because that time is no longer in the future :I
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Apr. 20, 2069 00:00:00)
that's better
;
Hyperfinity
Scratcher
500+ posts

Paradoxes

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

Hyperfinity wrote:

-snip-
If you think that is a long quote train, look at some of the posts on this page of a forum.

jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paradoxes

Greenduck54 wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

agentToast wrote:

Not really, it would probably just create an alternate reality where you went back in time and did stuff, while leaving everything alone in this reality
That makes sense with the parallel universe theory.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS

agentToast
Scratcher
100+ posts

Paradoxes

jromagnoli wrote:

Greenduck54 wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

agentToast wrote:

That makes sense with the parallel universe theory.
I follow the constant timeline theory, although I do think alternate universes do exist, so who really knows,

so guys we did it.
owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paradoxes

braxbroscratcher wrote:

owlannaelsa wrote:

The moment you do 4 the one you currently possess ceases to exist.
If you have read Time Travelling With A Hamster, it says something like “if you take Big Ben and go back in time with it to go and put it down, the thing there would be Big Ben”.

In other words, 9 of the viloins are doppelganger violins

EDIT: If you went back in time, that's history, so everlasting clones of yourself will appear. It's all logic.

Last edited by owlannaelsa (April 9, 2018 14:22:01)

IMPORTANT: do not stalk me. just because im active somewhere doesnt mean that you should stalk me to that place. please, its VERY annoying.
MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paradoxes

God can create a stone He can't lift. He still can lift and won't be able to lift it. God can everything, even if it's a paradox. We just can't understand it, like I've seen a video about 4d cubes. Imagine you are a 2d character, and you can't see in 3d right? Our eyes are like God's in this case and human eyes are the 2d character. For the 2d character, 3d objects deny logic and make no sense, but for God it does. God can do everything, even something that contradicts to itself. He can make a square circle. We just can't understand it, but if we saw it from His perspective, it would make sense.

It's kinda like non-newtonian fluid, it is both a fluid and a solid body. I'm sure if you saw it for the first time without explaination it did not make sense for you. And how is it so easy to make a solid body out of flour (something that is in small pieces) and water? We don't understand it until we saw how it exists.

Last edited by MeIoetta (April 9, 2018 15:31:37)

i love jellyfish
wWSunPandaWw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paradoxes

Hey, I've seen people who are discussing religious things and i would like to remind people that religion is not an okay discussion topic for the TIRAP forums, thanks.

I moved to BelieverGirlSun
MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paradoxes

wWSunPandaWw wrote:

Hey, I've seen people who are discussing religious things and i would like to remind people that religion is not an okay discussion topic for the TIRAP forums, thanks.
Though, just because something is religion-releated doesn't mean it is 100% about religion, like in this case, we are discussing a religious paradox.

i love jellyfish
Hyperfinity
Scratcher
500+ posts

Paradoxes

wWSunPandaWw wrote:

But it has something to do with paradoxes, so it is valid for this thread. What makes religion any different from something like time travel?

Last edited by Hyperfinity (April 9, 2018 15:36:14)

TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paradoxes

Hyperfinity wrote:

wWSunPandaWw wrote:

But it has something to do with paradoxes, so it is valid for this thread. What makes religion any different from something like time travel?
Because it can be considered disrespectful to religious people, especially since your whole paradox is a “god doesn't exist” concept.

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken