Discuss Scratch

Candylanguagegirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Writing Camp 2017- Leader chat

Woo, it's time for the second one!

Main cabin

Cabin assignments:
@smartcutecandy (Dystopian) (Cabin color: Red)
@rainbow_waves (Historical fiction) (Cabin color: Orange)
@Lucy_Lu (Adventure) (Cabin color: Yellow)
@Candylanguagegirl and @jean-pierre-scratch (Realistic fiction) (Cabin color: Green)
@Cherry_Blossom11 (Contemporary) (Cabin color: Blue)
@TheEnderQueen (Sci-fi) (Cabin color: White)
@MistyRaine (Fantasy) (Cabin color: Purple)
@Phan-Fan and WintyMint (Mystery) (Cabin color: Black)
@awesomenessness10 (Short Story) (Cabin color: Pink)
@blahblah2412 (Poem) (Cabin color: Brown)

Last edited by Candylanguagegirl (Oct. 25, 2017 19:08:03)

~Fail spectacularly~
Candylanguagegirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rainbow_waves wrote:

Can I suggest that you put all the campers in their cabins in the main studio description? I think that would help with organization until the rest of the studios are made.
Ok! We only have one left to make, but I have the list anyway, so…

~Fail spectacularly~
littlepuppy14
Scratcher
94 posts

Did non-fiction change to fantasy? Because of you have “fantasy” listed as a cabin name.

Pick a letter, check it out! A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Wanna join a MAP?

Candylanguagegirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

littlepuppy14 wrote:

Did non-fiction change to fantasy? Because of you have “fantasy” listed as a cabin name.
Yeah, it changed.

~Fail spectacularly~
littlepuppy14
Scratcher
94 posts

Candylanguagegirl wrote:

littlepuppy14 wrote:

Yeah, it changed.

Ok

This is very exciting, I can't wait!

Pick a letter, check it out! A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Wanna join a MAP?

Candylanguagegirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

littlepuppy14 wrote:

This is very exciting, I can't wait!
Me neither! Not trying to toot my own horn or anything, I'm just SOOO excited for this camp!!

~Fail spectacularly~
littlepuppy14
Scratcher
94 posts

Candylanguagegirl wrote:

Me neither! Not trying to toot my own horn or anything, I'm just SOOO excited for this camp!!

It was a great idea too
I had another idea for a camp activity, but now I can't think of it… I'll get back to you later.

Oh, and Candy, click on D in my signature.

Last edited by littlepuppy14 (March 27, 2017 20:14:42)

Wanna join a MAP?

Candylanguagegirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

littlepuppy14 wrote:

It was a great idea too
I had another idea for a camp activity, but now I can't think of it… I'll get back to you later.

Oh, and Candy, click on D in my signature.
Aww, thanks!
Let me know when you remember, I'm very open to suggestions!

~Fail spectacularly~
littlepuppy14
Scratcher
94 posts

Candylanguagegirl wrote:

I remember now! So, I know there are Saturday check ins, but I was thinking maybe leaders/co-leaders could comment a discussion question daily, each time about a different element of a story (characters, setting, plot, etc.), to help make the campers' writing better. Not all cabins have to do it, if they don't want to. It's only what I was thinking.

Also, one of the links of my signature goes to the writing camp studio, but I forget which one it is

Last edited by littlepuppy14 (March 27, 2017 21:16:52)

Wanna join a MAP?

Lucy_Lu
Scratcher
100+ posts

littlepuppy14 wrote:

Candylanguagegirl wrote:

I remember now! So, I know there are Saturday check ins, but I was thinking maybe leaders/co-leaders could comment a discussion question daily, each time about a different element of a story (characters, setting, plot, etc.), to help make the campers' writing better. Not all cabins have to do it, if they don't want to. It's only what I was thinking.

Also, one of the links of my signature goes to the writing camp studio, but I forget which one it is
I think it's V xD
littlepuppy14
Scratcher
94 posts

Lucy_Lu wrote:

I think it's V xD

Haha, thanks!
You're S. I'm not sure why I didn't put you as L though xD

Wanna join a MAP?

Candylanguagegirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

littlepuppy14 wrote:

Go for it! That sounds great!

rainbow_waves wrote:

Are you going to do anything to make sure the cabins have an even number of campers? Because I've noticed that Short Story and Novel have way more than Script and Poem. It might be the titles, I wouldn't know what to do about that.
They'll have approximately the same number. A lot of the time, I'm working on evening the cabins out and I just haven't updated the description with the new people yet.

~Fail spectacularly~
Candylanguagegirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Oh, and just as a heads-up, guys, I might be gone for a few weeks in April- likely from the 1st to the 16th. So if I just randomly show up missing, feel free to take over assigning people to cabins. I'd trust any of you guys with the job. (Just please, PLEASE, for both of our sakes, keep up the list! XD )
Thanks!

~Fail spectacularly~
Lucy_Lu
Scratcher
100+ posts

Candylanguagegirl wrote:

Oh, and just as a heads-up, guys, I might be gone for a few weeks in April- likely from the 1st to the 16th. So if I just randomly show up missing, feel free to take over assigning people to cabins. I'd trust any of you guys with the job. (Just please, PLEASE, for both of our sakes, keep up the list! XD )
Thanks!
Ok, we'll try our best
Lucy_Lu
Scratcher
100+ posts

littlepuppy14 wrote:

Lucy_Lu wrote:

I think it's V xD

Haha, thanks!
You're S. I'm not sure why I didn't put you as L though xD
Haha lol xD
rainbow_waves
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Candylanguagegirl wrote:

Thanks!
Okay! And okay to the post above this, I can't be bothered to snip right now xD
MintyBunBun
Scratcher
35 posts

Lol, all you guys have these professional signatures with these links and AMAZING art… whereas I'm just like “i didn't even know there was such thing as Scratch Discussion Forms until i suggested something to be featured” XD XD Also, this is really confusing. XD AND HOW DO I KNOW WHEN SOMEONE REPLIED TO MY COMMENT? XD XD I am SUCH a noob right now. :3
Lucy_Lu
Scratcher
100+ posts

MintyBunBun wrote:

Lol, all you guys have these professional signatures with these links and AMAZING art… whereas I'm just like “i didn't even know there was such thing as Scratch Discussion Forms until i suggested something to be featured” XD XD Also, this is really confusing. XD AND HOW DO I KNOW WHEN SOMEONE REPLIED TO MY COMMENT? XD XD I am SUCH a noob right now. :3
You know if they're doing what I do, like quoting it with the earlier comment above it. xD It doesn't show up in your messages, the only thing it says is that there are more posts in “Blahblahblahblah” xD