Discuss Scratch

littlepuppy14
Scratcher
94 posts

Scratch Writing Camp 2017- Leader chat

Sounds good to everything! (and I'm not even going to take time to quote it )

Pick a letter, check it out! A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Wanna join a MAP?

smartcutecandy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hey, cool I found the discussion topic! XD

OH, and here's the link to the Short Story cabin so you can put it on the front page. https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/3901624

Last edited by smartcutecandy (March 29, 2017 02:32:06)

Candylanguagegirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

smartcutecandy wrote:

Hey, cool I found the discussion topic! XD

OH, and here's the link to the Short Story cabin so you can put it on the front page. https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/3901624
Ahh, I'm sorry! I've been slowly linking it to everybody in the cabins, but I must have forgotten Short Story. >.< Oh well, you found it now.
Awesome, thanks!

~Fail spectacularly~
oceanatic
Scratcher
25 posts

Hey fellow leaders

♥ Scratch on!
Stop by at my profile here
ivypool2
Scratcher
56 posts

I am so excited for camp! It's going to be so amazing. <3

wнσ αм ι?мy ρrσƒιℓє

• i love to write, draw and play music ♡
• i am a feminist and a vegetarian ♡
Candylanguagegirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Alright- so about me leaving in April.
I'm definitely going to be taking a hiatus- sort of as a Lent thing. I'll be leaving April first, and I don't know when I'll be back. The 16th is the latest I'll be gone until, but I might be back earlier.
I've updated the description to include everybody I've added, and we're currently all caught up in the way of adding people.
With placing people in cabins- just put them in the cabin that has less people. If the cabins are tied, they'll get their first choice.
I think that's it! I'm so sorry about this- I never would have put out sign-ups so early had I known I was going to do this.
I'll see ya'll in April! <3

~Fail spectacularly~
rainbow_waves
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Candylanguagegirl wrote:

I'm definitely going to be taking a hiatus- sort of as a Lent thing. I'll be leaving April first, and I don't know when I'll be back. The 16th is the latest I'll be gone until, but I might be back earlier.
I've updated the description to include everybody I've added, and we're currently all caught up in the way of adding people.
With placing people in cabins- just put them in the cabin that has less people. If the cabins are tied, they'll get their first choice.
I think that's it! I'm so sorry about this- I never would have put out sign-ups so early had I known I was going to do this.
Bye Candy!
rch704cookie
New to Scratch
4 posts

BYE CANDY! SEE U IN APRIL!!!!!! i hope this isn't teachers only chat…..lol
ivypool2
Scratcher
56 posts

Candylanguagegirl wrote:

That sounds all good! Bye Candy!

wнσ αм ι?мy ρrσƒιℓє

• i love to write, draw and play music ♡
• i am a feminist and a vegetarian ♡
smartcutecandy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Candylanguagegirl wrote:

Bye Candy! See you after Easter!

littlepuppy14
Scratcher
94 posts

Hiya Candy - How was your break?
A cabin member of mine asked: “How will we be sharing our stories with each other?” I wasn't exactly sure of the answer, what had you planned?
Thanks

Pick a letter, check it out! A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Wanna join a MAP?

rch704cookie
New to Scratch
4 posts

littlepuppy14 wrote:

A cabin member of mine asked: “How will we be sharing our stories with each other?” I wasn't exactly sure of the answer, what had you planned?
Thanks

I'm pretty sure i asked that question. she left a comment back on her studio. look there.
Candylanguagegirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

littlepuppy14 wrote:

Thanks
It was good! (Actually, I'll officially be back tomorrow- I've been kind of hiding because I have some stuff to do. )
Sharing your stories isn't actually required. If scratchers would like to do so, you can recommend that they put them in a project, or, if they're too long for that, I'd highly recommend fictionpress.com . I know some other scratchers have had good experiences with wattpad, as well, so you might try recommending that. Basically, just steer them away from anything that's private-messaging-esque. Fictionpress does have a private messaging option, but you can disable it for safety purposes, if you'd like. (I've done so.) I don't know about Wattpad. I'd prefer that they don't share links to things like Google Docs, and especially not to sites like Discord.

~Fail spectacularly~
rch704cookie
New to Scratch
4 posts

Candylanguagegirl wrote:

littlepuppy14 wrote:

Thanks
It was good! (Actually, I'll officially be back tomorrow- I've been kind of hiding because I have some stuff to do. )
Sharing your stories isn't actually required. If scratchers would like to do so, you can recommend that they put them in a project, or, if they're too long for that, I'd highly recommend fictionpress.com . I know some other scratchers have had good experiences with wattpad, as well, so you might try recommending that. Basically, just steer them away from anything that's private-messaging-esque. Fictionpress does have a private messaging option, but you can disable it for safety purposes, if you'd like. (I've done so.) I don't know about Wattpad. I'd prefer that they don't share links to things like Google Docs, and especially not to sites like Discord.

I AGGREE!!! BTW, IM GLAD YOUR VACA WAS GOOD!
littlepuppy14
Scratcher
94 posts

Candylanguagegirl wrote:

Ok, thanks!

Wanna join a MAP?

Candylanguagegirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Alrighty, so I put together a detailed schedule for camp. I wasn't planning to share this until camp actually started, but since I'm still kinda unsure about my activity levels, I'll put it here so you guys have it if you need it. <3

New writing prompt every day!

June 19- Orientation day. 3 writing sprints (M), cabins assign writing buddies for the week.
June 20- Writing sprint (M)
June 21- Double point day! Every word you write today counts as double towards your team score.
June 22- Writing sprint (M)
June 23- Word crawl (M) and writing sprint (M)
June 24- Check in day! Talk to your cabin about how much you've written, and share some of your favorite bits.
June 25- Re-assign writing buddies. Writing sprint (M)
June 26- Writing dare day! Ask for a dare in the main cabin. You can't give anybody else dares until you've completed yours. Writing sprint (M)
June 27- Double point day! Every word you write today counts as double towards your team score.
June 28- Take a breather! You've earned it.
June 29- Word crawl (M) and writing sprint (M)
June 30- Slumber party! With a parent's permission, write at night. 3 writing sprints (M)
July 1- Check in day! Talk to your cabin about how much you've written, and share some of your favorite bits.
July 2- Re-assign writing buddies. Writing sprint (M)
July 3- Writing dare day! Ask for a dare in the main cabin. You can't give anybody else dares until you've completed yours. Writing sprint (M)
July 4- Happy independence day! 2 writing sprints (M) and a patriotic word crawl (M)
July 5- Writing sprint (M)
July 6- 50 headed hydras! Try to write 500 words in 5 minutes.
July 7- Final chance to submit word counts! Writing sprint (M)
July 8- Check in day/awards tally.

~Fail spectacularly~
Candylanguagegirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rainbow_waves wrote:

Ooh yay! What does the letter ‘M’ mean?
Oh sorry. XD it means something is happening in the main cabin- so, for instance, the writing sprints will happen in the main cabin, as will most of the activities.

~Fail spectacularly~