Coder_Annika wrote:

OnionWitch wrote:

_Six wrote:

Do you guys hear Laurel or Yanny?
Yannel
Wha…?
I heard Yannel
Lary
All you people are debating on the answer, I didn't even understand the question.
I heard Laurel. Here's the Laurel or Yanny thing
I hear something like Ymoryl.
Yeah sorry I didn't provide any context for the question. Anyways, I heard Yanny and I seriously can't hear Laurel no matter how hard I try, lol.
Where does the m in Ymoryl come from? Lol!!!
I honestly don't know. Ymoryl is my best transcription of the weird sound I hear.

Meow!
Mist

Everybody wants to change the world but nobody wants to changeThere is a madness to my methodThey said I couldn't, so I didI didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truthDefy monotonyKnowledge is a weapon, and I intend to be formidably armedWisdom begins in wonderWe are born to be real, not perfectBeautiful faces are everywhere, but beautiful minds are hard to findI'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yoursTrust your own madness

“Chief's been outta the army / Fifteen years or more / He's still marchin' up an' down that street / Just like ‘e was a-walkin’ to war.” —Patty Griffin, Chief
“The soldier came knocking upon the queen's door / He said ‘I am not fighting for you anymore.’ / And the queen knew she'd seen his face someplace before / So slowly she let him inside.” —Suzanne Vega, The Queen and the Soldier
“Sticks and stones, they may break these bones, but then / I'll be ready, are you ready? / It's the start of us waking up, come on / I'll be ready, are you ready? / I don't want control, I want to let go / I'll be ready, are you ready? / Now it's time to let them know / What about us?” —P!nk, What About Us?
“Have some tea, my Lord / Some chrysanthemum tea / It's an herb that's superb / For disturbances at sea.” —Steven Sondheim, Chrysanthemum Tea
“I am a stranger / In a strange place, where everything is so familiar / It’s been so long since I’ve seen these faces / That look like mine, but I don’t belong.” —Sharon Goldman, Land of Milk and Honey
BlackWolfee
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Mist2006 wrote:

girlpower1313 wrote:

_Six wrote:

Mist2006 wrote:

scratchtwins-691 wrote:

I heard Laurel. Here's the Laurel or Yanny thing
I hear something like Ymoryl.
Yeah sorry I didn't provide any context for the question. Anyways, I heard Yanny and I seriously can't hear Laurel no matter how hard I try, lol.
Where does the m in Ymoryl come from? Lol!!!
I honestly don't know. Ymoryl is my best transcription of the weird sound I hear.
I hear Yanny but if I listen carefully i can kinda see how others might hear Laurel because if I listen carefully I can hear Laurel underneath.

Last edited by BlackWolfee (May 26, 2018 05:13:30)

13 | INFP-A | Ravenclaw | Introvert | Violist | Pianist | bookworm | writer | straight-A student | artist | nerd | science lover |
This shop is advertised courtesy of the Scratch Shop Support Union. Join today to get your shop featured!
awesome_girl_1
Scratcher
28 posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Name: brooke kenmore
Year:1
House:gryfendoor

Patronus (5th yrs+):none

Personality: sweet kind compettive stubborn outgoing friendly a tiny bit sassy
Appearance:long light blonde hair blue eyes peach skin
Worst Class(es): herboligy
Best Class(es): transfigurations and potions and defense agaist dark arts
Pet (Optional): grey cat named night shadow
Backstory*: lived with mother and father and 2 younger sisters and a younger brother from a old wizarding family from way back
girlpower1313
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

awesome_girl_1 wrote:

House:griffindor

Personality: sweet kind competitive stubborn outgoing friendly a tiny bit sassy
Worst Class(es): herbology
Best Class(es): transfiguration and potions and defense agaist dark arts
Backstory*: lived with mother and father and 2 younger sisters and a younger brother from a old wizarding family from way back

Taylor Alison Swift wrote:

People haven't always been there for me but music always has.
Hi!!

tinyness
ilovehamsters
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

SeraphinaBlaze wrote:

rainbow_waves wrote:

SeraphinaBlaze wrote:

Can I make a second character? He's a teacher.

Name: Therro Dundreni
House Head?: Yes, Gryffindor
Classes: Arithmancy, Runes

Patronus: A wizened owl.

Personality: Professor Dundreni mostly keeps himself to himself, and gets quite grumpy if his work is interrupted, making him unpopular amongst the younger students. If you show an interest in Arithmancy or Runes, however, he is a supportive and intelligent person, and very patient.
Appearance: He is in his sixties, but looks much older. He has brown, wrinkled skin and a few tufts of brown hair. He has no right eye, just the empty socket and a scar, and he has never told anyone how it happened. He wears the same dusty, black robes.
Talents: He has a very scientific and mathematical brain, and is a renowned figure in the world of Arithmancy. He has also translated many ancient manuscripts, and knows seventeen runic alphabets off by heart.
Weaknesses: Isn't very ready to accept people, and gets quite grumpy. He sometimes scorns people for not understanding something, because is is very clever himself. He also finds young children annoying, and only really likes fifth years and upwards.
Yep, that's fine. Accepted.

Thank you!
this was the last time i was on this forum…

the road may have thorns,, вυт уσυ'ℓℓ αℓωαуѕ fιи∂ α ωαу тняσυgн. ѕтαу ѕтяσиg!!!

Quote by RosyStar

•–• Are you satisfied with your care? ~Baymax

LOOK AT DA FACE OF EVIL: •_•
rainbow_waves
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

awesome_girl_1 wrote:

Worst Class(es): herboligy
You need an equal number of worst and best classes

Can anyone who applied a couple days ago please bump their application? Sorry if I haven't accepted it yet.
OnionWitch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

QUESTION!

I know that you need to balance out your worst classes and best classes, but what if someone wants to make their character horrible at more classes than their good classes?

Wa meng ti! Wa meng ti! Kam ye tang, mai chong ti
rainbow_waves
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

OnionWitch wrote:

QUESTION!

I know that you need to balance out your worst classes and best classes, but what if someone wants to make their character horrible at more classes than their good classes?
That's perfectly fine. You can have as many worst classes as you want, but it has to be at least equal to or greater than the number of best classes, just so we don't get any OP characters. I usually tell people equal because they clearly want their characters to be good at stuff.
OnionWitch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

rainbow_waves wrote:

OnionWitch wrote:

QUESTION!

That's perfectly fine. You can have as many worst classes as you want, but it has to be at least equal to or greater than the number of best classes, just so we don't get any OP characters. I usually tell people equal because they clearly want their characters to be good at stuff.
Ahh ok

Wa meng ti! Wa meng ti! Kam ye tang, mai chong ti
awesome_girl_1
Scratcher
28 posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

rainbow_waves wrote:

awesome_girl_1 wrote:

Worst Class(es): herboligy charms astronymy

Can anyone who applied a couple days ago please bump their application? Sorry if I haven't accepted it yet.
the__ninja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

girlpower1313 wrote:

awesome_girl_1 wrote:

If you're going to spell-check someone else's post, you should probably spell “Gryffindor” correctly.

The classics never go out of style. This is mainly due to the fact that they are already out of style, and have been for a while now, and thus can't “go out” of style. That said, the reason they're classics and not obscurities from the past is because they're good despite being “out of style”.

GENERATION -705 - 991i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.
awesome_girl_1
Scratcher
28 posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

the__ninja wrote:

girlpower1313 wrote:

awesome_girl_1 wrote:

If you're going to spell-check someone else's post, you should probably spell “Gryffindor” correctly.
what
Mist2006
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

awesome_girl_1 wrote:

rainbow_waves wrote:

awesome_girl_1 wrote:

Name: Brooke Kenmore
House: Gryffindor

Patronus (5th yrs+): none

Personality: Sweet, kind, competitive, stubborn, outgoing, friendly, and a tiny bit sassy.
Appearance: Long light blonde hair with blue eyes and peach-colored skin.
Worst Class(es): Herbology, Charms, Astronomy.
Best Class(es): Transfiguration, Potions, and Defense Against the Dark Arts
Pet (Optional): Grey cat named Night Shadow.
Backstory*: She lived with her mother and father and 2 younger sisters and a younger brother from a old wizarding family from way back.

I'm sorry, I had to. It was bothering me.

Meow!
Mist

Everybody wants to change the world but nobody wants to changeThere is a madness to my methodThey said I couldn't, so I didI didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truthDefy monotonyKnowledge is a weapon, and I intend to be formidably armedWisdom begins in wonderWe are born to be real, not perfectBeautiful faces are everywhere, but beautiful minds are hard to findI'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yoursTrust your own madness

“Chief's been outta the army / Fifteen years or more / He's still marchin' up an' down that street / Just like ‘e was a-walkin’ to war.” —Patty Griffin, Chief
“The soldier came knocking upon the queen's door / He said ‘I am not fighting for you anymore.’ / And the queen knew she'd seen his face someplace before / So slowly she let him inside.” —Suzanne Vega, The Queen and the Soldier
“Sticks and stones, they may break these bones, but then / I'll be ready, are you ready? / It's the start of us waking up, come on / I'll be ready, are you ready? / I don't want control, I want to let go / I'll be ready, are you ready? / Now it's time to let them know / What about us?” —P!nk, What About Us?
“Have some tea, my Lord / Some chrysanthemum tea / It's an herb that's superb / For disturbances at sea.” —Steven Sondheim, Chrysanthemum Tea
“I am a stranger / In a strange place, where everything is so familiar / It’s been so long since I’ve seen these faces / That look like mine, but I don’t belong.” —Sharon Goldman, Land of Milk and Honey
scratchtwins-691
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

scratchtwins-691 wrote:

Name: Taylor Johnson
Year: 5th
House: Slytherin

Personality: Sassy, brave, can be nice
Appearance: Semi-dark skin, brown eyes, mostly wears cute & casual clothes, curly & natural black hair
Worst Class(es): History of Magic, Transfiguration, Astronomy, Herbology
Best Class(es): Charms, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Potions
Pet (Optional): Owl (Name: Cinnamon)
Backstory*: Taylor was born in France. Her mom then married a muggle after she had Taylor and gave birth to a child shortly thereafter. When she turned 12, she was enrolled in Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, but was expelled and was sent to Hogwarts in her 2nd year & obviously doesn't live anywhere close to her parents and sister anymore.

Last edited by scratchtwins-691 (May 26, 2018 20:30:05)

"Side by side or miles apart, sisters are always connected by the heart."
girlpower1313
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

awesome_girl_1 wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

girlpower1313 wrote:

awesome_girl_1 wrote:

what

awesome_girl_1 wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

girlpower1313 wrote:

awesome_girl_1 wrote:

what
Lol I hate my spellcheck

Taylor Alison Swift wrote:

People haven't always been there for me but music always has.
Hi!!

tinyness
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

:3

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
132izzy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Name: Whitley Alalia
Nickname: Wisp or Fairy of The Library
Year: 5th
House: Hufflepuff

Patronus: Golden Fox

Personality: shy, introverted, intellectual, poor dexterity(not good at physical activities) and constitution(gets sick easily), and very creativity.
Appearance: long golden locks that go down to her waist, green eyes. Likes to ware yellow shorts with black tights and brown boots, along with a dark blue long sleeved shirt under her robes.
Worst Classes: Transfiguration, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Potions, and Herbology.
Best Classes: History of Magic, Study of Ancient Runes, Astronomy, and Arithmancy.
Pet : Northern Saw Whet Owl
Backstory: Her mothers a muggle and her father a wizard. Her mother didn't know that her father was a wizard and once she was born her father had reveled his identity to her mother. Her mothers family eventually found out and forced her father to leave with her. She spent the rest of her childhood with her father, her father spent a lot of his time working multiple jobs in order to sustain them. As of such she spent a lot of time in their house library, reading.
_Six
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

:3
Hola, how are ya?

“We've all got light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
-Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling

“'I don’t know; I still like the name Six. Maren Elizabeth was when I was a different person, and right now Six just feels right. It can be short for something if someone asks.'
Sam looks over. ‘For what? Sixty?’”
-The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

“I hear a voice
'You must learn to stand up for yourself
Cause I can't always be around.'”
-Tori Amos, Winter

kitty_the_crazy
Scratcher
66 posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Colours!

scratcher
little_filly
Scratcher
45 posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

little_filly wrote:

Hey I was thinking about erasing my current character, and making another? I feel like I didn't give her enough room to develop so now she's kinda just… there. Dunno, is that allowed?
bumping this up :3