Discuss Scratch

ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This challenge will knock your socks off! XD - 3D Simulator challenge!

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

jokebookservice1 wrote:

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

herohamp wrote:

Please Stop Bumping
A. There was a long while between bumps. B. There's only two in a row.
One bumps a topic not because it hasn't been bumoed in a while, buttigenerate inteest inthe project. Nobody wants to do it because this isn't a challenge, it's an attempt to get us to infringe the copyrightof the original game.

Nobody wants to do the project, or they would have let you know by now.
It's meant to be a recreation of the game with the copyright for the original in the notes.
Besides, I think the game is under the GNU Public License.

- This is Bob. He's my trusted signature protector. Jim is on holiday just now. Here's my stuff! and my shop! I'm a member of

ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This challenge will knock your socks off! XD - 3D Simulator challenge!

bump. 60 second rule

- This is Bob. He's my trusted signature protector. Jim is on holiday just now. Here's my stuff! and my shop! I'm a member of

Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

This challenge will knock your socks off! XD - 3D Simulator challenge!

You've been trying to run this as a contest since February…without a lot of success, it would seem. Maybe it's time to restructure this as a collaboration where you map out the work to be done and arrange for other Scratchers to help with it?

Scratch Team Member, kayak enthusiast, and servant to multiple cats.

;
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This challenge will knock your socks off! XD - 3D Simulator challenge!

Paddle2See wrote:

You've been trying to run this as a contest since February…without a lot of success, it would seem. Maybe it's time to restructure this as a collaboration where you map out the work to be done and arrange for other Scratchers to help with it?
It's possible. I provide the files and people with better understanding of the code could make it. Should it stay in this board or go to the Collab board?

- This is Bob. He's my trusted signature protector. Jim is on holiday just now. Here's my stuff! and my shop! I'm a member of

Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

This challenge will knock your socks off! XD - 3D Simulator challenge!

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

You've been trying to run this as a contest since February…without a lot of success, it would seem. Maybe it's time to restructure this as a collaboration where you map out the work to be done and arrange for other Scratchers to help with it?
It's possible. I provide the files and people with better understanding of the code could make it. Should it stay in this board or go to the Collab board?
I would think that Collaboration would be the better place for it.

Scratch Team Member, kayak enthusiast, and servant to multiple cats.

;
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This challenge will knock your socks off! XD - 3D Simulator challenge!

Paddle2See wrote:

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

You've been trying to run this as a contest since February…without a lot of success, it would seem. Maybe it's time to restructure this as a collaboration where you map out the work to be done and arrange for other Scratchers to help with it?
It's possible. I provide the files and people with better understanding of the code could make it. Should it stay in this board or go to the Collab board?
I would think that Collaboration would be the better place for it.
Ok. I'll have a think about it. Someone mentioned that this would be breaching the copyright of the game but because the game is under the GNU Public License would a Scratch version count as a copyright breach?

- This is Bob. He's my trusted signature protector. Jim is on holiday just now. Here's my stuff! and my shop! I'm a member of

Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

This challenge will knock your socks off! XD - 3D Simulator challenge!

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

You've been trying to run this as a contest since February…without a lot of success, it would seem. Maybe it's time to restructure this as a collaboration where you map out the work to be done and arrange for other Scratchers to help with it?
It's possible. I provide the files and people with better understanding of the code could make it. Should it stay in this board or go to the Collab board?
I would think that Collaboration would be the better place for it.
Ok. I'll have a think about it. Someone mentioned that this would be breaching the copyright of the game but because the game is under the GNU Public License would a Scratch version count as a copyright breach?
I'm not familiar with the game - or copyright law, for that matter. You can probably claim “fair use”, given that this is an educational website and nobody is making any money here. See https://www.copyright.gov/fair-use/more-info.html for more information.

Last edited by Paddle2See (May 18, 2017 00:45:40)


Scratch Team Member, kayak enthusiast, and servant to multiple cats.

;
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This challenge will knock your socks off! XD - 3D Simulator challenge!

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

Ok. I'll have a think about it. Someone mentioned that this would be breaching the copyright of the game but because the game is under the GNU Public License would a Scratch version count as a copyright breach?
You can't license GPL content under the CC BY-SA license all Scratch projects use, but the assets might be under a different license from the code.

Paddle2See wrote:

AT is for advanced Scratch - and non-Scratch topics.
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This challenge will knock your socks off! XD - 3D Simulator challenge!

Paddle2See wrote:

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

You've been trying to run this as a contest since February…without a lot of success, it would seem. Maybe it's time to restructure this as a collaboration where you map out the work to be done and arrange for other Scratchers to help with it?
It's possible. I provide the files and people with better understanding of the code could make it. Should it stay in this board or go to the Collab board?
I would think that Collaboration would be the better place for it.
Ok. I'll have a think about it. Someone mentioned that this would be breaching the copyright of the game but because the game is under the GNU Public License would a Scratch version count as a copyright breach?
I'm not familiar with the game - or copyright law, for that matter. You can probably claim “fair use”, given that this is an educational website and nobody is making any money here. See https://www.copyright.gov/fair-use/more-info.html for more information.
That link does not work.

- This is Bob. He's my trusted signature protector. Jim is on holiday just now. Here's my stuff! and my shop! I'm a member of

Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This challenge will knock your socks off! XD - 3D Simulator challenge!

The page says
My buildings (the stuff in the data/beno folder) is Copyright to me (all rights reserved).
My Building Creators are Copyright to me (all rights reserved).
so I'm 99% sure that means you can't use any of that stuff without permission unless it is fair use.

Paddle2See wrote:

AT is for advanced Scratch - and non-Scratch topics.
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This challenge will knock your socks off! XD - 3D Simulator challenge!

Jonathan50 wrote:

The page says
My buildings (the stuff in the data/beno folder) is Copyright to me (all rights reserved).
My Building Creators are Copyright to me (all rights reserved).
so I'm 99% sure that means you can't use any of that stuff without permission unless it is fair use.
I've used it in my elevator animations

- This is Bob. He's my trusted signature protector. Jim is on holiday just now. Here's my stuff! and my shop! I'm a member of

ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This challenge will knock your socks off! XD - 3D Simulator challenge!

ATTENTION: This may become a collaboration project!

- This is Bob. He's my trusted signature protector. Jim is on holiday just now. Here's my stuff! and my shop! I'm a member of

herohamp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This challenge will knock your socks off! XD - 3D Simulator challenge!

May this please be moved to collaboration then?
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This challenge will knock your socks off! XD - 3D Simulator challenge!

herohamp wrote:

May this please be moved to collaboration then?
I'll make a new topic in that board if I decide to run it as a collab.

- This is Bob. He's my trusted signature protector. Jim is on holiday just now. Here's my stuff! and my shop! I'm a member of

Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This challenge will knock your socks off! XD - 3D Simulator challenge!

Has @TheLogFather taken a look at this challenge?





I use VIM for everything now. Even web browsing.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile