Discuss Scratch

NeonFrostburn
Scratcher
100+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

Great at coding? Debugging? Art? Animations? Even if you aren't we could use your help at the Galaxi team. We will do animations and games. This is the official forum post, where everything will be posted.

Want to apply? Here are the staff forums:
Username? :
Do you have an extra account? :
What are your strengths? :
What is your desired job(s)? (Managers, Co-Managers and Executive Workers may only apply for one, that job) :
What do you rate your skills for your desired job(s)? :
How active are you? :
What are your example projects? (Only artists, coders, and animators must show an example) :
Anything else? :
To keep up-to-date, we recommend staff to follow this thread.

Current jobs you can apply for and workers:
Founder: NeonFrostburn (CLOSED)
Manager: redglitter (CLOSED)
Co-Manager: shenrik663 (CLOSED)
Executive Workers: -Hologram (OPEN)
Lead Brainstormer: tigerpaw703 (OPEN)
Brainstormers: N/A (OPEN)
Lead Debugger: gems89 (CLOSED)
Debuggers: N/A (OPEN)
Lead Coder: Caleb101 (CLOSED)
Coders: ReshiramNJ | yassok (OPEN)
Lead Artist: N/A (OPEN)
Artists: -RosalinaCodes- | BGanimations (OPEN)
Lead Animator: -StarryGalaxy- (CLOSED)
Animators: -RosalinaCodes- | BGanimations (OPEN)
Lead Composer: N/A (OPEN)
Composer: N/A (OPEN)
Lead Writer: Caleb101 (CLOSED)
Writers: microbiologist123 (OPEN)
What workers do what:
Founder: Art | Debugging | Brainstorming | Coding | Animating | Composing | Makes Decisions (final) | Edits Official Project | Reviews Results Passed by Manager, Tests Them, and Incorporates them into the project if proved
Manager: Art | Debugging | Brainstorming | Coding | Animating | Composing | Makes Decisions (reviewed by founder) | Tests Theories and Reviews and Reports Results | Reviews Results made by Co-Manager, Tests Them, Then passes to Founder
Co-Manager: Art | Debugging | Brainstorming | Coding | Animating | Composing | Makes Decisions (reviewed by Manager, then Founder) | Tests Theories and Reviews and Reports Results | Reviews Results made by Lead Workers, passes their results to Manager
Executive Workers: Art | Debugging | Brainstorming | Coding | Animating | Composing | Passes Ideas and Theories to Co-Manager
Lead Brainstormer: Reviews theories made by Brainstormers, passes results to co-manager | Passes their ideas/inspiration to co-manager
Brainstormers: Gives Lead Brainstormer Ideas/Inspirations
Lead Debugger: Reviews theories made by Debuggers, tests them, and passes results to Co-Manager | Passes Theories to Co-Manager
Debuggers: Passes Theories to Lead Debugger
Lead Coder: Reviews and Tests Theories Made by Coders, Passes Results to Co-Manager | Posts Theories using Forum Code Feature to Co-Manager
Coders: Uses forum code feature to post script ideas to Lead Coder
Lead Artist: Passes Drawings from Artists to Co-Manager | Posts Drawings into the Forum for Co-Manager to Review
Artist: Posts Drawings into the Forum for Co-Manager to Review
Lead Animator: Passes Animation Sequences from Animators for Co-Manager to Review | Posts Animation Sequences into the Forum for Co-Manager to Review
Animators: Posts Animation Sequences into the Forum for Lead Animator to Revew
Lead Composer: Reviews music made by Composers and passes feedback to Co-Manager | Passes music to Co-Manager
Composers: Passes music to Lead Composer
Lead Writer: Reviews storylines made by Writers, passes thoughts to Co-Manager | Passes storylines to Co-Manager
Writer: Passes Storylines to Lead Writer
Note: Composers must pass music through the studio the project will be based on.
Current Projects:
Pokémon Scratch
Note: We're just going this because 1. It's a collab-sized project 2. People kind of want it 3. It's hard to find it
Description
Like I said, it's Pokémon. Our challenge is to make it like a Scratch PC Pokémon.
Assignments:
Assignment 1; Artists:We need 3D Professor sprites. Maybe watch a gameplay video for Pokémon's normal movement and style. Yes, you can get it off a download website/Scratch free Sprite studio/Internet.
Assignment 2: Artists + Brainstormers: Pokémon, mainly starters. Note: Brainstormers will come up with the Pokémon's looks and names, artists will draw them. Artists may also make up their own.
Partners in Crime (I know its an OC MAP, but it's the best name I could think of.
WE NEED A MALE TO DO NINJA'S VOICE
Description
Two black cats (mates), Ninja (male) and Shade (female), are determined to rob every place they can find.
Assignments
Assignment 1: Artists | Draw a forest scene, the outside of a pet store, and a scrolling image of the inside of a pet store (for when they are inside)
Assignment 2: Redglitter | Do Shade's voice
Episode 1 (titled Partners in Crime: Forever): How they became partners
Scene 1; The Forest At night
Shade: This is quite… Peaceful. Ever since I broke away from those people keeping me prisoner, I have just been so… Happy. Alone. (calm)
*a rustle in the bushes*
Shade: Who goes there? I am no weak cat being kept prisoner! (snaps)
*Ninja pops out of the bushes*
Ninja: Who dare come into my territory? (snaps)
Shade: I have been here a few days now. Any good cat keeps their territory small enough to patrol quickly, like, an hour. (calm)
Ninja: Oh, small territory is the symbol of a weak cat. Now, step aside, or I will be through with you in seconds, weak cat. (bragging)
*Shade slowly steps into the moonlight*
Shade: A weak cat? A WEAK CAT? How dare you call me that? (anger, threatening)
*Ninja backs away*
*Shade pins him down and prepares to bring the death blow*
Ninja: I… I'm sorry. I'M SORRY! (pleading)
*Shade's claws stop centimeters from his throat*
Shade: Wait… Tell me about yourself. (curious)
Ninja: Umm… I broke away from my owners about a week ago, and I plan to rob the pet store.
*Shade smiles*
Shade: Partners in crime? (determined, questioning)
*Ninja smiles*
Ninja: Partners in crime. (determined)
Scene 2; Pet Store Parking Lot
Shade: Here we are. My owners used to take me here all the time. They took me into the office for some reason, and I saw the security features. (whisper)
Ninja: Excellent. My owners bought tools here, but did all the baths and stuff at home and left me here every time they went. (normal, sort of loud)
Shade: Shh! They have sound sensors. This town is known to have the best animal thieves, and none of them are too silent. That is, hopefully except us. (whisper)
Ninja: Sorry. (whisper)
Shade: It's okay.
*the sliding glass doors open*
*Ninja and Shade walk in*
More coming when the first scenes are finished.

Here are some of our tools:
Cubeupload: upload images into the forum
Cooltext: special, fun fonts

Last edited by NeonFrostburn (Feb. 4, 2017 15:13:58)

WOL FY!
redglitter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

If you need, I can do voice acting and art. Just got a mic and am very excited whenever I record!!!

NeonFrostburn
Scratcher
100+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

redglitter wrote:

If you need, I can do voice acting and art. Just got a mic and am very excited whenever I record!!!
I know you are good, so I am offering you a job as Manager. You don't have to do everything, but I know you can do at least two. Plus, if you do become a Manager, I can ask my friend to be co-manager so we can start. I will ask her now.

Last edited by NeonFrostburn (Dec. 28, 2016 23:53:08)

WOL FY!
NeonFrostburn
Scratcher
100+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

NeonFrostburn wrote:

NOTE: This team is NEW, so we need members.

Great at coding? Debugging? Art? Animations? Even if you aren't we could use your help at the Galaxi team. We will do animations and games. This is the official forum post, where everything will be posted.

Want to apply? Here are the staff forums:
Username? :
Do you have an extra account? :
What are your strengths? :
What is your desired job(s)? (Managers, Co-Managers and Executive Workers may only apply for one, that job) :
What do you rate your skills for your desired job(s)? :
How active are you? :
What are your example projects? (Only artists, coders, and animators must show an example) :
Anything else? :

Current jobs you can apply for and workers:
Founder: NeonFrostburn (CLOSED)
Manager: redglitter (CLOSED)
Co-Manager: N/A (OPEN)
Executive Workers: N/A (OPEN)
Lead Brainstormer: N/A (OPEN)
Brainstormers: N/A (OPEN)
Lead Debugger: N/A (OPEN)
Debuggers: N/A (OPEN)
Lead Coder: Caleb101 (CLOSED)
Coder: N/A (OPEN)
Lead Artist: N/A (OPEN)
Artists: N/A (OPEN)
Lead Animator: N/A (OPEN)
Animators: N/A (OPEN)
Lead Composer: N/A (OPEN)
Composer: N/A (OPEN)
What workers do what:
Founder: Art | Debugging | Brainstorming | Coding | Animating | Composing | Makes Decisions (final) | Edits Official Project | Reviews Results Passed by Manager, Tests Them, and Incorporates them into the project if proved
Manager: Art | Debugging | Brainstorming | Coding | Animating | Composing | Makes Decisions (reviewed by founder) | Tests Theories and Reviews and Reports Results | Reviews Results made by Co-Manager, Tests Them, Then passes to Founder
Co-Manager: Art | Debugging | Brainstorming | Coding | Animating | Composing | Makes Decisions (reviewed by Manager, then Founder) | Tests Theories and Reviews and Reports Results | Reviews Results made by Lead Workers, passes their results to Manager
Executive Workers: Art | Debugging | Brainstorming | Coding | Animating | Composing | Passes Ideas and Theories to Co-Manager
Lead Brainstormer: Reviews theories made by Brainstormers, passes results to co-manager | Passes their ideas/inspiration to co-manager
Brainstormers: Gives Lead Brainstormer Ideas/Inspirations
Lead Debugger: Reviews theories made by Debuggers, tests them, and passes results to Co-Manager | Passes Theories to Co-Manager
Debuggers: Passes Theories to Lead Debugger
Lead Coder: Reviews and Tests Theories Made by Coders, Passes Results to Co-Manager | Posts Theories using Forum Code Feature to Co-Manager
Coders: Uses forum code feature to post script ideas to Lead Coder
Lead Artist: Passes Drawings from Artists to Co-Manager | Posts Drawings into the Forum for Co-Manager to Review
Artist: Posts Drawings into the Forum for Co-Manager to Review
Lead Animator: Passes Animation Sequences from Animators for Co-Manager to Review | Posts Animation Sequences into the Forum for Co-Manager to Review
Animators: Posts Animation Sequences into the Forum for Lead Animator to Revew
Lead Composer: Reviews music made by Composers and passes feedback to Co-Manager | Passes music to Co-Manager
Composers: Passes music to Lead Composer
Note: Composers must pass music through the studio the project will be based on.
Current Projects:
Yay! Early project! If we can get Manager and Co-Manager filled, (invites sent; until one is rejected, please don't apply for Manager or Co-Manager) we can start an animation series. Oh, and we also need a male Composer/Executive Worker to act the voice of Ninja. We will do:
Partners in Crime (I know its an OC MAP, but it's the best name I could think of)
Workers: Redglitter, can you do Shade's voice?

Description
Two bushy-tailed black cats (mates), Ninja (male) and Shade (female), are excellent crooks, and nobody expects them to be the actual criminals.
Episode 1 (titled Partners in Crime: Forever): How they became partners and their first rob
Scene 1; The Forest At night
Shade: This is quite… Peaceful. Ever since I broke away from those people keeping me prisoner, I have just been so… Happy. Alone. (calm)
*a rustle in the bushes*
Shade: Who goes there? I am no weak cat being kept prisoner! (snaps)
*Ninja pops out of the bushes*
Ninja: Who dare come into my territory? (snaps)
Shade: I have been here a few days now. Any good cat keeps their territory small enough to patrol quickly, like, an hour. (calm)
Ninja: Oh, small territory is the symbol of a weak cat. Now, step aside, or I will be through with you in seconds, weak cat. (bragging)
*Shade slowly steps into the moonlight*
Shade: A weak cat? A WEAK CAT? How dare you call me that? (anger, threatening)
*Ninja backs away*
*Shade pins him down and prepares to bring the death blow*
Ninja: I… I'm sorry. I'M SORRY! (pleading)
*Shade's claws stop centimeters from his throat*
Shade: Wait… Tell me about yourself. (curious)
Ninja: Umm… I broke away from my owners about a week ago, and I plan to rob the pet store.
*Shade smiles*
Shade: Partners in crime? (determined, questioning)
*Ninja smiles*
Ninja: Partners in crime. (determined)
Scene 2; Pet Store Parking Lot
Shade: Here we are. My owners used to take me here all the time. They took me into the office for some reason, and I saw the security features. (whisper)
Ninja: Excellent. My owners bought tools here, but did all the baths and stuff at home and left me here every time they went. (normal, sort of loud)
Shade: Shh! They have sound sensors. This town is known to have the best animal thieves, and none of them are too silent. That is, hopefully except us. (whisper)
Ninja: Sorry. (whisper)
Shade: It's okay.
*the sliding glass doors open*
More coming when the first scenes are finished.

Last edited by NeonFrostburn (Jan. 2, 2017 00:21:27)

WOL FY!
Maebird
Scratcher
9 posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

Username? : Maebird
Do you have an extra account? : No, but I can make one if needed!
What are your strengths? : Drawing people and animals
What is your desired job(s)? (Managers, Co-Managers and Executive Workers may only apply for one, that job) : Artist, animator
What do you rate your skills for your desired job(s)? : artist: 8/10 (room for improvement), animator 8/10 (room for improvement)
How active are you? : Pretty active, I check my account everyday.
What are your example projects? (Only artists, coders, and animators must show an example) : https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/138098596/ ( I don't have an animation project, sorry!)
Anything else? : I may not post a lot on my scratch account, but i love making art and animations. I am willing to improve on my art and animation skills, and I'm willing to help people if they have questions.

Thanks for reading!
redglitter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

NeonFrostburn wrote:

redglitter wrote:

I know you are good, so I am offering you a job as Manager. You don't have to do everything, but I know you can do at least two. Plus, if you do become a Manager, I can ask my friend to be co-manager so we can start. I will ask her now.
Sure I would love to manage!

redglitter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

Great, I'll start voice acting this afternoon. And I will work on a banner for this!

redglitter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

[url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/232604/]
[img]http://i.cubeupload.com/5MEvDd.jpg[/img][/url]

NeonFrostburn
Scratcher
100+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

Okie dokie, here is what the cats will look like.

WOL FY!
redglitter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

NeonFrostburn wrote:

Okie dokie, here is what the cats will look like.

Awesome!

redglitter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

I'm going to start recording now, got my mic set up and am ready to use zamzar.com!

NeonFrostburn
Scratcher
100+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

redglitter wrote:

I'm going to start recording now, got my mic set up and am ready to use zamzar.com!
Ok.

WOL FY!
NeonFrostburn
Scratcher
100+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

NeonFrostburn wrote:

redglitter wrote:

Ok.
Click here to go to the studio, so you can put the music there. Plus, when you are done, can you make a thumbnail? I'm kind of busy with the lip syncing.

Last edited by NeonFrostburn (Dec. 29, 2016 17:18:17)

WOL FY!
Caleb101
Scratcher
100+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

Username? : Caleb101
Do you have an extra account? : Yes, but I rarely use it
What are your strengths? : Coding/Advanced coding
What is your desired job(s)? (Managers, Co-Managers and Executive Workers may only apply for one, that job) : Lead Coder
What do you rate your skills for your desired job(s)? : 9/10 (Good at most advanced topics besides 3d Projection)
How active are you? : Very active when needed
What are your example projects? (Only artists, coders, and animators must show an example) : https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/121596238/
Anything else? : I have a lot of advanced projects, but most of them are unshared because they are just proof of concepts (e.g. A cloud encryption/decrytion)

Join The Talent Contest Here!
redglitter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

NeonFrostburn
Scratcher
100+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

Caleb101 wrote:

What is your desired job(s)? (Managers, Co-Managers and Executive Workers may only apply for one, that job) : Lead Coder
What do you rate your skills for your desired job(s)? : 9/10 (Good at most advanced topics besides 3d Projection)
What are your example projects? (Only artists, coders, and animators must show an example) : https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/121596238/
Anything else? : I have a lot of advanced projects, but most of them are unshared because they are just proof of concepts (e.g. A cloud encryption/decrytion)
Yeah, I do a lot of advanced projects but none are shared. The ones I do have out are not close to finished and I hardly work on them. XD. Anyway, hired!

WOL FY!
Caleb101
Scratcher
100+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

NeonFrostburn wrote:

Caleb101 wrote:

Yeah, I do a lot of advanced projects but none are shared. The ones I do have out are not close to finished and I hardly work on them. XD. Anyway, hired!
Thanks, what can I work on?

Join The Talent Contest Here!
Starblox77
Scratcher
8 posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

Starblox77
No, I do not have an extra account but will soon
Strengths: Coding, 2.5D game engines, Movement engines, and small animation
Application: lead coder
Rate? 8/10
Activity? About 9-10 times a week
Examples:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/118271504/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/137711178/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/116972971/
Anything else? not much but I am working towards improving my Solar game

SCRATCH ON!!!!
when green flag clicked
forever
Scratch On!
end

Last edited by Starblox77 (Dec. 29, 2016 17:42:01)

NeonFrostburn
Scratcher
100+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

Starblox77 wrote:

Starblox77
Rate? 8/10
Examples:

SCRATCH ON!!!!
when green flag clicked
forever
Scratch On!
end
Lead Coder has already been taken about two minutes ago…

WOL FY!
redglitter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Team Galaxi (NOW HIRING)

NeonFrostburn wrote:

Starblox77 wrote:

Starblox77
Rate? 8/10
Examples:

SCRATCH ON!!!!
when green flag clicked
forever
Scratch On!
end
Lead Coder has already been taken about two minutes ago…
Yep…