Discuss Scratch

jaguar1501
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add button to demote managers

Full support!
This would be very convenient as you could just demote a person if you promoted them by accident. It's annoying trying to find someone to invite them again after deleting them, especially if they're not following you and they have a particularly hard-to-remember username (for example: cs1241373)

I moved!
Check out my new account!
HW_Games
Scratcher
500+ posts

Full support - on one of my studios somebody promoted everybody ‘by accident’.

Welcome to the Scratch forums.
wwaterfudge
Scratcher
3 posts

I support! demote button!!!!!
hereforahurricane
New to Scratch
1 post

Sorry for the necropost, but it’s been 7 years since this thread started. Could we please get the button?
WindOctahedron
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hereforahurricane wrote:

Sorry for the necropost, but it’s been 7 years since this thread started. Could we please get the button?
You didn't actually necropost, because necroposts don't exist in the Suggestions forum (there are exceptions, but this case isn't one of them).
If a suggestion is open for a long time, it doesn't mean that it will be implemented, or that it is rejected. If the Scratch Team has decided what to do with it, the thread would have been closed earlier.
Also, there is no way to tell if a suggestion is being considered without directly asking the designers of Scratch who (in the best case, mostly) aren't active, so it'd take a long time before they reply.

Last edited by WindOctahedron (March 4, 2020 18:59:39)

The message above may contain wrong information, rude remarks, or something embarrassing to my current self. In this case, please ignore it and remember that I likely wrote it back when I didn't know what “respect” truly meant. I really hate thinking about it again.
queensans
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support! This would be good for if a manager was acting up

They/Them | Forums are cool | Don't look at my past projects or forum posts they are all cringe | Ship whatever you want to ship unless its gross

Huh.
MilkiWayCodes
Scratcher
16 posts

Support! I really need this!
PixelYoshi
Scratcher
100+ posts

support! this would be quite useful!
bananaandchoc1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support!

Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MilkiWayCodes wrote:

Support! I really need this!

PixelYoshi wrote:

support! this would be quite useful!

bananaandchoc1 wrote:

Support!
Please, post only if you have something useful to say.

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. - Mewtwo
WisestMiner888
Scratcher
100+ posts

What baffles me is that it's been more than 6 years and Scratch haven't officially acknowledged this.

“Nothing is too good to be true if it be consistent with the laws of nature.”
-Michael Faraday, pioneer of electricity in the 19th century
accountcraft123
Scratcher
100+ posts

This thread has been repeatedly been kept alive by continuous necroposting and has been around for seven years.
ATTENTION ALL FUTURE COMMENTERS: STOP NECROPOSTING!!!!!!

stop [all necroposting]

Last edited by accountcraft123 (April 16, 2020 13:19:07)

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)
accountcraft123
==========================================
—->profile<—-

Unfortunately, only a small percentage of my project views are actually following me. So, please consider following me. It's free and you can always change your mind. Scratch sometimes glitches and unfollows you so make sure to check and see if you are still following me.
Highlight this and press shift + down arrow to view my full signature.
The Road to 500 Posts
██████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Yay you did it!
Let me know by giving me an internet!
ThatOneWeirdDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

accountcraft123 wrote:

This thread has been repeatedly been kept alive by continuous necroposting and has been around for seven years.

stop [all necroposting]
It's not necroposting if the user is being constructive.
accountcraft123
Scratcher
100+ posts

ThatOneWeirdDude wrote:

accountcraft123 wrote:

stop [all necroposting]

Still, this thread is seven years old. I think it has the Scratch team would have already said something about it if they were going to acknowledge this suggestion. They haven't for seven years.

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)
accountcraft123
==========================================
—->profile<—-

Unfortunately, only a small percentage of my project views are actually following me. So, please consider following me. It's free and you can always change your mind. Scratch sometimes glitches and unfollows you so make sure to check and see if you are still following me.
Highlight this and press shift + down arrow to view my full signature.
The Road to 500 Posts
██████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Yay you did it!
Let me know by giving me an internet!
itchdog
Scratcher
100+ posts

accountcraft123 wrote:

ThatOneWeirdDude wrote:

accountcraft123 wrote:

stop [all necroposting]

Still, this thread is seven years old. I think it has the Scratch team would have already said something about it if they were going to acknowledge this suggestion. They haven't for seven years.
The fact that the ST hasn't said anything doesn't mean that the suggestion has been rejected or accepted, it just means that none of them have commented on this yet. The age of a suggestion or topic doesn't mean anything either.

/ Some of my better projects / I mostly just write stuff / Itch/Itchy/Itchdog / Socially anxious / I like to think I'm funny but I'm probably not /
The forums: #1 source of my headaches
scramaso
Scratcher
500+ posts

Not support, a manager could make everyone a curator and then delete all of them.

hello
KittyFireSt0rm
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scramaso wrote:

Not support, a manager could make everyone a curator and then delete all of them.

Another reason why only the owner of the studio should have the ability to demote managers

404: Signature Not Found
nerdiebirdy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support, It's a pain having to delete people and then re-invite them.

bananaandchoc1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bananaandchoc1 wrote:

Support!
If you delete someone and re-invite them they may not accept in a while so you could lose popularity in your studio.

JustTbear
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support!