Discuss Scratch

customhacker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add button to demote managers

Yeah! Support! I just had a studio where multiple curators were promoted without permission, so they had to be deleted and re-invited… it wasn't fun!

❖ Member of the Forum Helpers ❖ Experienced Wikian ❖
❖ Member of the Wiki Warehouse ❖ Owner of Customhacker's Royal Logo and Banner Shop ❖
❖ Member of Unloved Loves ❖ Former Member of the Services Planning Department ❖
_Elektron_
Scratcher
93 posts

I am not sure if I actually support this, let's say you have been promoted to manager of a very good studio and stay there for long and one day you open Scratch only to find out you got demoted, I think some of the Scratchers might get their feelings hurt if this demote button actually exists.

EDO2012
Scratcher
100+ posts

support
I don't know why this doesn't already exist.

miniepicness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

_Elektron_ wrote:

I am not sure if I actually support this, let's say you have been promoted to manager of a very good studio and stay there for long and one day you open Scratch only to find out you got demoted, I think some of the Scratchers might get their feelings hurt if this demote button actually exists.
but if people dont have the demote button, would you like waking up just to find out you got KICKED FROM THE ENTIRE STUDIO JUST TO BE DEMOTED
that would make me more upset

support

Last edited by miniepicness (Jan. 14, 2017 05:43:01)

Monkey_Legend
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I support this idea because I've seen lots of studios where thet want too demote someone so they have to kick them out and invite them again but it would be a ton easier if there was just a demote button

ML

The Echo News
Issue #1

fav

made by CelloPlayer12

mini banners

made by THENEWGAMECREATOR
pug2008
Scratcher
6 posts

Hi,i am pug2008 and minimacaroon08

Last edited by pug2008 (April 14, 2017 10:54:29)

Pug2008
C00lCreeper
Scratcher
91 posts

Support.

Hi, I'm an individual who makes one-off type projects and memes.
You can find my serious account for games and animations here.
I also have two other accounts: this one, and this one.
;
titanscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support. Deleteing people and re-inviting them is a lot of work. SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!

Scratch Wiki Contributor • Active Forum User • New goal: 500 posts • 310/500 posts (62%)My projectsMy studiosMy profile

(-_-) // This is the Bob the good kumquat. He and his army fight evil kumquats.
(-@-) // This is one of the evil kumquats that eat up your signature!!!
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

100% support. I've been thinking of this for a little while now and I think it's a good idea if you accidentally promote someone.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
duckboycool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

C00lCreeper wrote:

Support.
Can you please explain why?

I used to be active on the forums, but I have mostly moved past Scratch. I still do check my Scratch messages, so if you'd like to talk to me, just leave a comment on my profile. My main project on Scratch was Cookie Clicker, but my newest project is Snake Snake, a game based off of Snake, but with two snakes, and you can play either singleplayer or multiplayer.

DIAMOND_77
Scratcher
15 posts

I support!
5ThousandButterflies
Scratcher
5 posts

I SUPPORT!! I did this too! I have been wanting to demote some people that are inactive. I would be sooooo happy if it happened!!!
ev3coolexit987654
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support. You can see on a comment on my profile that a studio manager had to kick me from the studio because someone promoted me..
12345Coder
Scratcher
6 posts

mathfreak231 wrote:

If there's a button that promotes, there should be a button that demotes that appears in the same way and makes a similar dialog appear.

This will be much easier than deleting them and re-inviting them as curator.
thank you so much mathfreak231

kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

I thought someone had necroposted on this… but nooo.

Support, I guess, though I've never had to do this.

post brought to you by the preview links bug and previously the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁
Join the Scratch Wiki!
Made by Scratchers, for Scratchers, since December 6, 2008

KyleTheOP
Scratcher
43 posts

I like this idea for a Studio mechanic, as you could have the leisure of possibly less flame wars, but I have a suggestion; I believe that the button should only show up for owners of the studio, so no one can go crazy and demote everyone, and you should be able to demote yourself, like you can remove yourself.
this is my reasoning for my old support.

I'm a guy on the internet who makes stuff on Scratch.
I also have two other accounts: this one and this one.
Thelnvoker
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support.

I'm a basically a potato or cat or something with a very dark sense of humor who likes steampunk, traditional art, Skyrim, etc.

Anyone wanna RP with me?

KyleTheOP
Scratcher
43 posts

Thelnvoker wrote:

Support.
It's recommended that you explain why you support.

Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support.

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. - Mewtwo
KyleTheOP
Scratcher
43 posts

Botcho_Otkho wrote:

Support.
Again, recommended you explain your support.