Discuss Scratch

MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Constructive Recommendations On How to Respond to and Make Suggestions!

stickfiregames wrote:

Eleventh Suggestion:

If your suggestion contains more than one thing, make sure they are related. If you want to post a lot of unrelated suggestions, it is better to make a new topic for each one.

For example, a topic suggesting a few new pen blocks would be OK. But if you want to suggest 20 new blocks from different categories, and maybe a few website features thrown in with them, you should split up your suggestion into more topics.

For blocks, a good rule is that blocks from the same category can go in the same topic. For other features you'll have to use your own judgement.
Bumping this
i like it

Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NitroCipher wrote:

Hey Sigton, would you mind changing the quote boxes from this format:

1st Suggestion wrote:

<snip></snip>
To this format:
1st Suggestion:

<snip></snip>

The second one in my opinion is a lot more pleasing to look at and understand.

–Cipher
I suggested this previously. Sigton declined, though.

7500+ posts (19th)
MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

NitroCipher wrote:

Hey Sigton, would you mind changing the quote boxes from this format:

1st Suggestion wrote:

<snip></snip>
To this format:
1st Suggestion:

<snip></snip>

The second one in my opinion is a lot more pleasing to look at and understand.

–Cipher
I suggested this previously. Sigton declined, though.
He might change his mind.
Since more people are suggesting it.
And I sorta agree, though I personally don't mind.

Think before you act.

hi there fella
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'll get to updating this when I have time, probably tomorrow at some point.

Sigton

scratch0maker0
Scratcher
100+ posts

Sigton-
Please add this. If you don't then please look at it.

Last edited by scratch0maker0 (Feb. 18, 2017 01:54:51)

If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.
Napoleon Hill
Check out my profile!
I hope I helped in some way. O:-)
Digital_Gaming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratch0maker0 wrote:

Sigton-
Why?

If you want to join the most creative studio on Scratch than ask to join Scratch Underground If you want to join Scratches Premium studio than ask to join Scratch Deluxe I hope you ask to join one of those and have a nice day. Check out my Official fan club!Click here if you want to check out my amazing projects DIGITAL GAMING SCRATCH AWARDS 2017
CHECK OUT THE OFFCIAL TOPICS FOR FORZA, HALO , CALL OF DUTY, BATTLEFEILD 1,THE CREW,DESTINY, RESIDENT EVIL,SONIC BOOM, PIXAR AND SUPER MARIO RUN
SCRATCH SUPERGUIDE
OFFICIAL TOPIC FOR TALKING ABOUT SHIPS
duckboycool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Digital_Gaming wrote:

scratch0maker0 wrote:

Sigton-
Why?
Because people told him to. That's our fault.

I used to be active on the forums, but I have mostly moved past Scratch. I still do check my Scratch messages, so if you'd like to talk to me, just leave a comment on my profile. My main project on Scratch was Cookie Clicker, but my newest project is Snake Snake, a game based off of Snake, but with two snakes, and you can play either singleplayer or multiplayer.

dave4681
Scratcher
500+ posts

Could you add this?
Make sure your suggestion or reply is not biased! The aim of a suggestion is to make scratch better for everyone (or somewhat close to everyone), not just for you, your friend, certain people etc.

However, just because a suggestion doesn't particularly cater to you, or you wouldn't use the suggestion, doesn't instantly mean it should be rejected. For example, don't reject a sound block suggestion simply because you don't use sound blocks. Then again, don't suggest something that only you will use, like a block that spawns the name of a random Windows version.

Basically, please be considerate of others using the website.

Last edited by dave4681 (Feb. 18, 2017 18:10:31)

dave4681
Scratcher
500+ posts

The OP still has no Eleventh Suggestion
MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dave4681 wrote:

Could you add this?
Make sure your suggestion or reply is not biased! The aim of a suggestion is to make scratch better for everyone (or somewhat close to everyone), not just for you, your friend, certain people etc.

However, just because a suggestion doesn't particularly cater to you, or you wouldn't use the suggestion, doesn't instantly mean it should be rejected. For example, don't reject a sound block suggestion simply because you don't use sound blocks. Then again, don't suggest something that only you will use, like a block that spawns the name of a random Windows version.

What's wrong with bias? If you don't like it, and your friends don't like it, that means some of the community doesn't like it because you are the community.

You've formed a paradox here.

Think before you act.

hi there fella
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MathlyCat wrote:

dave4681 wrote:

Could you add this?

What's wrong with bias? If you don't like it, and your friends don't like it, that means some of the community doesn't like it because you are the community.

You've formed a paradox here.
I have to agree.

Sigton

stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can you add one about what necroposting means on here (a suggestion is still relevant if it hasn't been rejected or implemented)?

Recently I've seen a lot of posts telling people not to necropost when the topic is actually still relevant. I fell like this should be mentioned somewhere, but I don't know if this is the best sticky to put it on.

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

or you just used Inspect Element, you hacker

;
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

stickfiregames wrote:

Can you add one about what necroposting means on here (a suggestion is still relevant if it hasn't been rejected or implemented)?

Recently I've seen a lot of posts telling people not to necropost when the topic is actually still relevant. I fell like this should be mentioned somewhere, but I don't know if this is the best sticky to put it on.
Yeah, I need to update this so when I do I'll add that.

Sigton

MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sigton wrote:

stickfiregames wrote:

Yeah, I need to update this so when I do I'll add that.

Sigton
I'll try and form something for it:

Necroposting on the Suggestions Forum

Overview
Necroposting is when you post on a ‘dead’ or inactive topic and bring it back up. There are many cases where it's not okay to do it, and should be reported. On the suggestions forum there are different rules concerning this.

Busting Myths
Let's go over the few myths that need to be busted:

-Necroposting anywhere is not okay
Like I said before: the Suggestions forum has different rules for this. Not always is this true.

-You can always necropost on the suggestions forum
No, in some cases you actually aren't allowed to.

-You must support on a dead topic for it to not be a necropost
Not true; if you're adding to the discussion, and the suggestion is relevant, it's okay.

Rules to Keep in Mind
Necroposting on the suggestions forums is only okay when:

-The Suggestion can still apply now; relevant
-You're adding to the dead discussion of the suggestion
-It's being bumped up by the Original Poster

Other cases it probably is necroposting.

So be aware next time you accuse someone.

If I missed something please tell me/add it

Think before you act.

hi there fella
dave4681
Scratcher
500+ posts

stickfiregames wrote:

It wasn't lots of people, it was just one person who did it on a lot of topics.
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dave4681 wrote:

stickfiregames wrote:

He didn't say it was lots of people…

Sigton

dave4681
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sigton wrote:

dave4681 wrote:

stickfiregames wrote:

He didn't say it was lots of people…

Sigton
Oh, I didn't read it properly.
Still, it wouldn't be worth it if it was only 1 or 2 people doing it. You could simply tell them on their profile.
scratch0maker0
Scratcher
100+ posts

duckboycool wrote:

Digital_Gaming wrote:

scratch0maker0 wrote:

Sigton-
Why?
Have you read it? I've a lot of people saying posts are bad because there in Snap, I really don't want this to happen, so want it to get noticed.

If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.
Napoleon Hill
Check out my profile!
I hope I helped in some way. O:-)
duckboycool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratch0maker0 wrote:

duckboycool wrote:

Digital_Gaming wrote:

scratch0maker0 wrote:

Sigton-
Why?
Have you read it? I've a lot of people saying posts are bad because there in Snap, I really don't want this to happen, so want it to get noticed.
I've never seen this through all my time on suggestions, and yes, I have read it.

It's also too specific to really add here.

Last edited by duckboycool (Feb. 25, 2017 22:56:38)

I used to be active on the forums, but I have mostly moved past Scratch. I still do check my Scratch messages, so if you'd like to talk to me, just leave a comment on my profile. My main project on Scratch was Cookie Clicker, but my newest project is Snake Snake, a game based off of Snake, but with two snakes, and you can play either singleplayer or multiplayer.

dvargasews
Scratcher
500+ posts

scratch0maker0 wrote:

duckboycool wrote:

Digital_Gaming wrote:

scratch0maker0 wrote:

Sigton-
Why?
If you're talking about me, I never did anything to imply that that made the suggestion bad. Instead, my posts were more like
Snap appears to have this block. Would the block that you're suggesting work the same way?
to make it easier for some people, like me, to understand.

Please read my signature! It might explain some lingo that I used in my post or comment. However, not all of it shows, so you have to highlight the entire bottom of the post, from “Please read my signature!” to where it says report, and copy and paste in into a new sheet or tab or whatever.
I can't decide my signature between:
1. I'm a grammar stickler, and my pet peeve is when people use good as an adverb.
2. I have lots of [creativity]original ideas[/creativity]. [creativity]This[/creativity] is one of those ideas.
3. If I used this symbol: ⸮ in my comment, please look it up before doing anything else.
4. {Minot, North Dakota/Donald Trump parodies} “WE'RE GONNA BUILD A DAM AND MAKE CANADA PAY FOR IT!” “When Canada sends its water, they’re not sending their best drinking water…They’re bringing sleet. They’re bringing floods. The water's toxic.” (It's just a joke that I came up with.)
5. One should make his/her signature text small; that way (s)he can cram more text into the signature.
6. New [scratchblocks] idea each week! (Thanks to Bright-Idea (Read her signature.) for inspiration/the general idea.) Here's the archive:
Note: I stopped this because of signature character limits.
Week of 1-23-2017: Hat-caps tinyurl.com/htauyu2
Week of 1-16-2017: Country-colored scratchblocks tinyurl.com/z8lz6c4
Week of 1-9-2017: Drop-down booleans tinyurl.com/j5d3k6l
Week of 1-2-2017: Block->string inputs and more truth values tinyurl.com/jqu7avs