Discuss Scratch

jokebookservice1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Constructive Recommendations On How to Respond to and Make Suggestions!

| Spaces are allowed | wrote:

[quote=Your text with spaces here]

While it might not be correct BBCode(?) it still works, so you can do “Xth Suggestion” instead of “XthSuggestion”

Last edited by jokebookservice1 (Aug. 28, 2016 16:36:03)

Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

powercon5 wrote:

Ziggy741 wrote:

powercon5 wrote:

Ziggy741 wrote:

For Sigton:
1. I never said that you should not give a reason.
2. You're not supposed to support/semi-support/no support without a reason.
3. The Scratch Team could think that an idea is good, and then they add it, and then it leads to bad stuff happening.
4. There is no use for the first block example I gave because it would do nothing, and the other one would be useful because it would report the pen color value.

For MegaByteCorporations:
2. What do you mean?
3. But the Scratch Team could accidentally add a bad idea. Just say it nicely.

For jokebookservice1:
1. What's wrong with telling the consequences?
4. How would that ignore code block be helpful?
(I skipped 2 and 3 because I didn't have anything to say.)
I think the scratch team tests all these things first to make sure they work and how would it be different if they added something from their own ideas there could be a bug then?
What do you mean?
Well when the scratch team gets a suggestion I think they would think about problems it would cause and if they did it they would make sure it is tested first and even if it had bugs they would fix them.

And the scratch team would add their own ideas and they would not have people tell the problems they would test it for themselves.
?

Note that most of my posts on the forums are from years ago, probably mainly in 2016.

(Unsolved!) How can you see all the shared projects of a deleted account? And some important context. And something else about it.
Please help me answer that question. (From May 2023)

(I know I may seem desperate, the person who owned the account whose projects I am trying to find had been doing some stuff that might need to get taken down)
powercon5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ziggy741 wrote:

powercon5 wrote:

Ziggy741 wrote:

powercon5 wrote:

Ziggy741 wrote:

For Sigton:
2. You're not supposed to support/semi-support/no support without a reason.
3. The Scratch Team could think that an idea is good, and then they add it, and then it leads to bad stuff happening.
4. There is no use for the first block example I gave because it would do nothing, and the other one would be useful because it would report the pen color value.

For MegaByteCorporations:
2. What do you mean?
3. But the Scratch Team could accidentally add a bad idea. Just say it nicely.

For jokebookservice1:
1. What's wrong with telling the consequences?
4. How would that ignore code block be helpful?
(I skipped 2 and 3 because I didn't have anything to say.)
I think the scratch team tests all these things first to make sure they work and how would it be different if they added something from their own ideas there could be a bug then?
What do you mean?
Well when the scratch team gets a suggestion I think they would think about problems it would cause and if they did it they would make sure it is tested first and even if it had bugs they would fix them.

And the scratch team would add their own ideas and they would not have people tell the problems they would test it for themselves.
?
When the scratch team adds a idea they will test it.

Witty signature.

Harakou
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I really like this thread! The suggestions forum definitely has a lot of problems, and it's something we'd like to address. That said, this is pretty similar to the existing guide to constructive replies - I'm a little hesitant to sticky another thread of the same nature, especially if the existing one isn't having the intended effect.
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jokebookservice1 wrote:

While it might not be correct BBCode(?) it still works, so you can do “Xth Suggestion” instead of “XthSuggestion”

Yeah I'll do that

Harakou wrote:

I really like this thread! The suggestions forum definitely has a lot of problems, and it's something we'd like to address. That said, this is pretty similar to the existing guide to constructive replies - I'm a little hesitant to sticky another thread of the same nature, especially if the existing one isn't having the intended effect.
I could make changes to this one and have it as an updated version of the old one?

Sigton

goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ziggy741 wrote:

4. Semi-support. I kind of agree. What if someone suggested a
this block does nothing :: control
block? It makes no sense.
I agree - that's a different scenario
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

goldfish678 wrote:

Ziggy741 wrote:

4. Semi-support. I kind of agree. What if someone suggested a
this block does nothing :: control
block? It makes no sense.
I agree - that's a different scenario
Indeed these guidelines need to be applied to different instances

I've updated the first post.

Sigton

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jokebookservice1 wrote:

Cool…

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
_Comicfan_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sigton wrote:

dude341 wrote:

1st suggestion: No support, what if people want say that they like/don't like the suggestion? I also like it when people say Support or No support because then I know if my suggestion is good or bad.
Then they say “I like this suggestion”! This whole support convention ahs done nothing to help the suggestions forum, in fact it has done exactly the opposite. It ahs turned this forum into a competition rather than an improvement scheme.

Sigton
Yes, I completely support agree with your idea, Sigton!

Comic

Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support.

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lythium wrote:

Support.
*sigh*

Sigton

NanoRook
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Could I have a version of that image in a post so that I can put it in my signature?

A thing I think is worth adding to the main post is dissing a small blocklist simply because it's a blocklist. Remember ProdigyZeta's blocklist? Remember what the thing in the very beginning of the post was?

I'd rather put these all in one post rather than having 2000 other topics.

His blocks were neatly organized into categories, I may add. But suddenly, years later, it's closed, just because it's a blocklist. There were some great block ideas in it, too.

I also once saw a blocklist that was no more than 5 blocks, yet no blocks were addressed and all that was posted was “big blocklist, blam plz.”

My suggestion is to allow small blocklists, instead of clogging this dirty drain of a forum with 5 topics, and receiving a lot of messages from each one.

I LOVE BEING PURPLE!!!! JOIN THE PURPLE COALITION TODAY IF YOU ALSO LOVE BEING PURPLE. PURPLE IS THE NEW BLUE! PURPLE IS THE SUPERIOR NAVBAR COLOR! YYYEAAHHHHH BABY!!!!

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NanoRook wrote:

Could I have a version of that image in a post so that I can put it in my signature?

A thing I think is worth adding to the main post is dissing a small blocklist simply because it's a blocklist. Remember ProdigyZeta's blocklist? Remember what the thing in the very beginning of the post was?

I'd rather put these all in one post rather than having 2000 other topics.

His blocks were neatly organized into categories, I may add. But suddenly, years later, it's closed, just because it's a blocklist. There were some great block ideas in it, too.

I also once saw a blocklist that was no more than 5 blocks, yet no blocks were addressed and all that was posted was “big blocklist, blam plz.”

My suggestion is to allow small blocklists, instead of clogging this dirty drain of a forum with 5 topics, and receiving a lot of messages from each one.
Here's the code:
[center][url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/215499/][img]http://i.cubeupload.com/dH71nV.png[/img][/url][/center]

I'll add that as well

Sigton

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

Sigton

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sigton wrote:

Bump

Sigton
Hi.

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

Sigton wrote:

Bump

Sigton
Hi.
Hello. Thank you also for supporting this thread by changing your signature

Sigton

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sigton wrote:

Sigton
I was bored. XD

So….anything I should reply to?

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sigton wrote:

Sigton
I was bored. XD

We can spread the influence of this thread hopefully

Sigton

jokebookservice1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sigton wrote:

Sigton wrote:

Sigton
I was bored. XD

We can spread the influence of this thread hopefully

Sigton
Yes, for example, now my posts are longer when posting in the suggestions forum.

I'm trying to base my posts on how @TheLogFather does it: they don't support or no support, they write an explanation of how they would like it and why. I'll see if I can dig up one of their posts.
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yeah, their posts are good.

If you see anyone making a post that is against this threads philosophy, please reply and hint them on how to fix it

Sigton