Discuss Scratch

Appadeia
Scratcher
100+ posts

<< DragonDrop | RECRUITING DEVELOPERS | Help us code a website where you can make your own free websites! >>

Time on Scratch: About 5 Months
Applying for backend or fronted? Backend.
Do you know HTML5? Yes
Do you know CSS? Yes
Do you know Javascript? I HATE THE INNERHTML PROPERTY emreged! Yes.
Do you know Node.JS? Is that a serverside javascript-based preprocessor? No.
Example (give me a snippet of HTML, CSS or PHP made by you!): Look at 2nd post.
Why do you want to apply? I love helping with something of any size, big or small.
Also, I want to make sure you stay away from the <myelement style=“SomeGiganticSelector { aReallyGiganticProperty: mixingHTMLwithCSS; }” >
What is DragonDrop? A drag & drop website creator powered with HTML CSS & JS.
Have you ever worked on a big project on this before? I've worked on ambitious projects but nothing as large as this.
Do you know what your job means & involves? If so, what? Yes, I do. It means to provide the functionality of the website. Backends are the most efficient when functionality is in the JS, style is in the CSS, and structure is in the HTML.
Why should we pick you rather than others? I am very enthusiastic and have tons of time that I end up wasting daily. I also can do servlets & JSP, but that probably won't help.
Dedication: 8/10
Skill: HTML: 8/10 CSS: 6/10 JS: 9/10 JSP: 10/10 Servlet: 9/10
Activity: 9/10
Grammar & Punctuation: 9/10
card100
Scratcher
1000+ posts

<< DragonDrop | RECRUITING DEVELOPERS | Help us code a website where you can make your own free websites! >>

Appadeia wrote:

I want to help but I really don't HTML like a pro. I can do servlets & JSPs (preprocessed HTML pages) though. Would those be of any help?
So people do click that sig!

-card100
Appadeia
Scratcher
100+ posts

“TerribleJSPName.jsp”
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<!– This script will not be included in this code example –>
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.1.1/jquery.min.js“></script>
<!– This one will –>
<script src=”TerribleJSName.js“> </script>
<link rel=”stylesheet“ href=”TerribleCSSName.css“ />
<title> Application </title>
</head>
<body>
<!– You may have noticed I like my comments –>
<div>
<h1> Stickies!! </h1>
<form action=”SubmitMessage.do“ id=”form“> <!– Assume SubmitMessage.do returns a <li> object with the message –>
<input type=”text“ /> <br />
<button type=”submit“> Send </button>
</form>
<ul id=”messages“>

</ul>
</div>
</body>
</html>

”TerribleJSName.js“
var ws = new WebSocket(”ws/www.example.com/“, ”http“); // This web socket sends the <li> objects referenced in the HTML.
var messages = document.getElementById(”messages“);
ws.onmessage = function(event) {
messages.appendChild(event.data);
} // That was easy, wasn't it?

”TerribleCSSName.css"
ul {
list-style-type: none;
padding: 0px;
margin: 0px;
}
body {
font-family: sans-serif;
background-color: gray;
}

happyland440
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Are designer applications open? If so I'd like to apply.

Primary PC: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070 (EVGA FTW Hybrid), 16GB Trident Z RGB DDR4, ASUS X470-I, Corsair 280X, running at 1920x1080 144hz

Laptop: Intel Core i7 4700MQ, NVIDIA Geforce GT 740M, 12GB of ram, 1600x900 resolution, running Ubuntu 16.10 in VirtualBox 4096MB RAM.
card100
Scratcher
1000+ posts

happyland440 wrote:

Are designer applications open? If so I'd like to apply.
I think we closed those. (It didn't work the best in the past)

-card100
Appadeia
Scratcher
100+ posts

card100 wrote:

Appadeia wrote:

I want to help but I really don't HTML like a pro. I can do servlets & JSPs (preprocessed HTML pages) though. Would those be of any help?
It was just a coincidence xD
card100
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Appadeia wrote:

card100 wrote:

Appadeia wrote:

It was just a coincidence xD
Hmmmmmmmmm

-card100
coke11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

card100 wrote:

When?
By Monday hopefully, if golden and I can get this sorted out
card100
Scratcher
1000+ posts

coke11 wrote:

card100 wrote:

When?
By Monday hopefully, if golden and I can get this sorted out
Sounds good

-card100
Monkey_Legend
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Woah! I guess I don't belong in the advanced topic section ;P

The Echo News
Issue #1

fav

made by CelloPlayer12

mini banners

made by THENEWGAMECREATOR
card100
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Monkey_Legend wrote:

Woah! I guess I don't belong in the advanced topic section ;P
Why not. We just make things scary by talking about HTML, JS, Servers, VPNs, tons of other initials, and other “boring” stuff.

-card100
Cythral
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hey guys, I accepted the offer but never got an email back lol. Lmk what part of the project you want me to work on (website, editor, etc.)

everywhere: @cythral
SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I wish I could join, but I only know JS.

coke11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cythral - sorry we don't check our email every two secs. We will get back to you with more info soon about what you will be doing
Cythral
Scratcher
100+ posts

coke11 wrote:

Cythral - sorry we don't check our email every two secs. We will get back to you with more info soon about what you will be doing
Alright, thanks! Let me know over email in case I forget to check here (this site is blocked @ work)

everywhere: @cythral
coke11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cythral wrote:

coke11 wrote:

Alright, thanks! Let me know over email in case I forget to check here (this site is blocked @ work)
Sounds good
THENEWGAMECREATOR
Scratcher
500+ posts

Why do you want this position: Because I can see greatness in this idea and I want to help
How can you help DragonDrop? I can test it

I also have a few questions/suggestions (if you don't include it you should add it)

Are people able to add their own designs (simply, not just changing the code)?
Are you making blocks that will just help make things easier, even if you can do it with multiple other blocks?
card100
Scratcher
1000+ posts

THENEWGAMECREATOR wrote:

Why do you want this position: Because I can see greatness in this idea and I want to help

I also have a few questions/suggestions (if you don't include it you should add it)

Are you making blocks that will just help make things easier, even if you can do it with multiple other blocks?
If you would like to test, please see our alpha tester studio.

-card100
THENEWGAMECREATOR
Scratcher
500+ posts

card100 wrote:

THENEWGAMECREATOR wrote:

where can I find that?
card100
Scratcher
1000+ posts

THENEWGAMECREATOR wrote:

card100 wrote:

THENEWGAMECREATOR wrote:

where can I find that?
Sorry, forgot to give you a link:
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/3486459/comments/

-card100