Discuss Scratch

-stache-
Scratcher
500+ posts

<< DragonDrop | RECRUITING DEVELOPERS | Help us code a website where you can make your own free websites! >>

coke11 wrote:

-stache- wrote:

I'd prefer to use node instead of PHP.
I personally think PHP, but I wouldn't mind node, and it isn't too late to change. I am going to check with joker.

-stache- wrote:

Question: Why not make it a modular CMS, where the drag-and-drop website creator is a module?
Remind me of what that means XD
1: I know joker knows js/node.
2: ???

lol

3x3 pb: 13.240
3x3 avg: ~21-26
coke11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

<< DragonDrop | RECRUITING DEVELOPERS | Help us code a website where you can make your own free websites! >>

-stache- wrote:

coke11 wrote:

-stache- wrote:

I'd prefer to use node instead of PHP.
I personally think PHP, but I wouldn't mind node, and it isn't too late to change. I am going to check with joker.

-stache- wrote:

Question: Why not make it a modular CMS, where the drag-and-drop website creator is a module?
Remind me of what that means XD
1: I know joker knows js/node.
2: ???
lol
1. Ok, we are thinking about using node.js.
2. What do you mean by “Question: Why not make it a modular CMS, where the drag-and-drop website creator is a module?”

Last edited by coke11 (Aug. 3, 2016 14:20:45)

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So…..what do I need to do?

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
-stache-
Scratcher
500+ posts

nvm

Last edited by -stache- (Aug. 3, 2016 14:34:03)

coke11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

So you are going to make promotions for the site. Things like signatures, logos, etc. Right now can you make a signature for Dragon Drop, that says “Now Hiring” and links to this thread? Thanks!
-stache-
Scratcher
500+ posts

-stache- wrote:

Modules let you organize you content in different ways; For example, the default is just plain HTML, but you can install the dragondrop module to allow you to organize your content with the drag-and-drop interface. Letting the user pick how to organize their site will give users a little more power over their site. Another module idea would to use a templating language like http://handlebarsjs.com/
Edit: quote fail and grammar

Last edited by -stache- (Aug. 3, 2016 14:33:54)

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

coke11 wrote:

So you are going to make promotions for the site. Things like signatures, logos, etc. Right now can you make a signature for Dragon Drop, that says “Now Hiring” and links to this thread? Thanks!
Okay! Should I include a dragon?

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
coke11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

golden-scratch wrote:

@coke11, me and @-Addify- are working on a huge scale collaboration where we are aiming to create a CMS. If you don't know what a CMS is, it is a Content Management System. So you know Drag'n'Drop website creators, we are trying to create one of those that will have special features that Scratchers (like you) will love! However, we need some friendly Scratchers (like you) to help us out in the process. Each and everyone of you who are accepted will be credited on the website. We are hoping to get a public alpha released in mid 2017 but that is only going to happen for sure if you guys come along and kindly help!

High Ranks - EARNED
Founder: @coke11 - Founder of DragonDrop
Executive Management Team: @golden-scratch,- Second in command, oversees project and makes choices
Senior Management Team: - Third in command, oversees and sometimes makes choices
Management Team: @-Addify- - Fourth in command, oversees and may make choices
Medium Ranks
Head Coder: @-Addify- - Oversees all coders & heads of both types of coders
Head Back-end coder: @-stache- - Oversees back-end coders
Head Front-end coder: - Oversees front-end coders
Head Design: @golden-scratch - Oversees designers (If someone really good applies I will give up this position for them!)
Members
Front-end coder: @PackersRuleGoPack - Codes front-end parts of the website
Back-end coder: - Codes back-end parts of the website
Designer: - Designs website
Promotion Designer: @MegaByteCorporations - Designs promotions
Marketing will be done as a team whole so we can spread the word as much as we can, High Ranks are in charge of marketing.

This is NOT going to be coded on Scratch so developers must have good HTML5, CSS, Javascript & PHP knowledge with a bit of Node.JS knowledge too. Please do not apply if you don't know at least two of those fluently. If you know 2 or 3 of those but aren't the greatest you may still apply as we can sort out a job that suits you. You MUST have an account on trello.com to apply. It's easy to sign up. This is a to-do list but better. We use this to give people jobs to do and update workers. High ranks are EARNED for. You must be extremely active and helpful just to get asked for a position in Management. Medium ranks will be earned or will be given if your application and examples are EXCEPTIONALLY good. We are stricter than other collaborations and will say no to people if we need to.

Coders backend & frontend
Time on Scratch:
Backend or frontend?
Do you know HTML5?
Do you know CSS?
Do you know PHP?
Do you know Javascript?
Do you know Node.JS?
Example (give me a snippet of HTML, CSS or PHP made by you!):
Why do you want to apply?
What is DragonDrop?
Have you ever worked on a big project on this before?
Do you know what your job means & involves?
Why should we pick you rather than others?
Dedication: 1/10
Skill: 1/10
Activity: 1/10
Grammar & Punctuation: 1/10
Designers
Time on Scratch:
Examples of work (at least 2):
Style of art:
What is DragonDrop?
Why do you want to apply?
Why should we pick you rather than others?
Dedication: 1/10
Skill: 1/10
Activity: 1/10
Grammar & Puncuation: 1/10

Trello: trello.com/b/nSqRQZud/dragondrop
Website domain (currently redirects to development blog): dragondrops.net
Blog: dragondrops.net
Coke11's Profile: scratch.mit.edu/users/coke11

Thank you guys for reading this post to the bottom! If you have any questions please drop them below and one of the high ranks will get back to you soon!
-DragonDrop Executives

I made a couple edits. Please change. Thanks!
golden-scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

coke11 wrote:

YEA!
We kinda need a better logo too.

Scratching since 2013
coke11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

coke11 wrote:

If you would like. But if you do, please draw it yourself, rather then getting it off of google. You could retrace it, just normally if you get something off google, the quality is pretty low. Thanks
-stache-
Scratcher
500+ posts

-stache- wrote:

-stache- wrote:

Modules let you organize you content in different ways; For example, the default is just plain HTML, but you can install the dragondrop module to allow you to organize your content with the drag-and-drop interface. Letting the user pick how to organize their site will give users a little more power over their site. Another module idea would to use a templating language like http://handlebarsjs.com/

coke11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

golden-scratch wrote:

coke11 wrote:

YEA!
The “logo” we have right now will most likely just be used as a favicon.

-stache- wrote:

-stache- wrote:

Yes, that is a fine idea. However I think we will stick with this simply as a drag and drop interface, to keep the development process shorter, and to make it easier for newer users. Feel free to point out the pros that you see making it a module .
coke11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

@golden-scratch – Can you change the title back to what it was before? I do not feel it fair for everyone to think that I run this whole thing, as everyone is involved just as much as I am. Thank you!
-stache-
Scratcher
500+ posts

coke11 wrote:

golden-scratch wrote:

coke11 wrote:

YEA!
The “logo” we have right now will most likely just be used as a favicon.

-stache- wrote:

-stache- wrote:

Yes, that is a fine idea. However I think we will stick with this simply as a drag and drop interface, to keep the development process shorter, and to make it easier for newer users. Feel free to point out the pros that you see making it a module .
Even if we don't make modules, It'd make sense to make the code allow for it. I do think that we should use handlebars though… No one likes to copy/paste navbars between files

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

coke11 wrote:

coke11 wrote:

If you would like. But if you do, please draw it yourself, rather then getting it off of google. You could retrace it, just normally if you get something off google, the quality is pretty low. Thanks
I have a lot of high-quality dragon images on hand.

-stache-
Scratcher
500+ posts

coke11 wrote:

coke11 wrote:

I'm thinking that a polyart dragon would be cool (coke11 any opinions?)

PackersRuleGoPack
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Thanks for hiring me! Also, stache yes i do have experience in website design, you can see mine right here:

magscontests.org

Its just that i like programming JavaScript over CSS and HTML. But i can still do it!!!

Hi I'm making an FREE app for Scratch called Scratch Hub. Checkout the sneak peek here: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/324532222/

THE APP IS OUT: Click the link on this website to get to the app: https://scratchhub.ml

Also, I made a game: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/326163967
golden-scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sounds cool!

Scratching since 2013
-stache-
Scratcher
500+ posts

golden-scratch wrote:

Sounds cool!
wait wut?

coke11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-stache- wrote:

coke11 wrote:

coke11 wrote:

I'm thinking that a polyart dragon would be cool (coke11 any opinions?)
Agreed