Discuss Scratch

Novakitty
Scratcher
1000+ posts

☾☆~ ᎪρᏂεℓ༏Ꮻ₪ ~ A Space Odyssey Collaboration~☆☽ ~ CURRENTLY ACCEPTING MEMBERS ~

TheFarEnd wrote:

Novakitty wrote:

Okie first thing we need to work on as well as the second thing:

1) We need to design the intro to the show! How do we want it to look, will there be any narration, what will we show in it? Remember that this intro is what will be seen on each episode we produce, like on real TV shows!

2) Lets plan out exactly what we're going to talk about in episode 1 and it's themes; What questions we're going to ask and which one's we're going to answer; which ideas we're going to present and how we're going to manage them.

Template for a Template:
Introduction of theme: (I'm thinking about having this scene of a silhouette of the narrator sitting in a char, inside the ship looking out into space, talking about the topic that we choose. We'd rotate camera a few times to keep it interesting, then it would fade into the intro.)
The intro:
Diving right into the theme:
Asking some questions:
The Steven-Hawking-Theory-Style *Sandwhich(s)*:
A historical scene related to the topic:
Answering some questions with more questions:
The ending; Leaving the viewer with something to ponder about:
Cooool… wait… so you're saying that actually Aphelon is really an educational series about interesting physics?
I thought it was a game of some sort.
Yes, pretty much!
Hehe, I should probably specify that in the FP. EDIT: Well, I suppose I thought I had made it pretty clear. :3 I did say that it was a series of animated episodes.

Last edited by Novakitty (May 29, 2016 04:55:20)

Credit to PeaInAPod for my awesome cat emojis!!!

And thanks to MakeTheBrainHappy for the sweet siggy!
TheFarEnd
Scratcher
500+ posts

But I didn't know it would be educational. Anyway, this sounds like a great idea.

Signature is under reworking…
Novakitty
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheFarEnd wrote:

But I didn't know it would be educational. Anyway, this sounds like a great idea.
Ah, I see. ^_^ Yes, it is educational, but it's not the same boring lecturing sort of educational- If you watched Cosmos it would probably make sense. It makes science and that sort of thing really cool. Thanks!

-Spectrum
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hey, if we do do a flat design style, can I be an artist/animator instead of a coder? XD Sorry, I LOVE flat design. <3

I love the idea of dark matter/dark energy, we should definitely do a bit on that! For our first episode, I guess we should start with theories of how the universe began — we'll introduce the Big Bang, the Big Bounce, etc.

Personally, I'm a fan of the Big Bounce theory. :3
Oh, and I found someone who may sign up to be a coder, so I'll just check with them. ^o^

Past FPC ✮ Wiki Editor ✮ Artist ✮ Writer ✮ INTJ ✮ She/Her ✮ Ravenclaw ✮ Erudite ✮ Cabin 13

My ProfileScratch WikiScratch FAQ
Novakitty
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Spectrum wrote:

Hey, if we do do a flat design style, can I be an artist/animator instead of a coder? XD Sorry, I LOVE flat design. <3

I love the idea of dark matter/dark energy, we should definitely do a bit on that! For our first episode, I guess we should start with theories of how the universe began — we'll introduce the Big Bang, the Big Bounce, etc.

Oh, and I found someone who may sign up to be a coder, so I'll just check with them. ^o^

Yeah absolutely! I've already pretty much decided that we're going to do that style for most of the series, so I think you'd be great for it!

OH YES!!! I think we should totally dedicate an episode (Possible episode 2?) to dark matter and dark energy and black holes and things like that, since they are really very interesting. And yes! Beginning with the Big Bang/Bounce sounds like a good idea. ^_^
Oh fantastic! That's great!
Also, since you know this style well, would you like to be captain of art or animation?

Last edited by Novakitty (May 29, 2016 07:29:27)

-Spectrum
Scratcher
500+ posts

Novakitty wrote:

-Spectrum wrote:

Yeah absolutely! I've already pretty much decided that we're going to do that style for most of the series, so I think you'd be great for it!

OH YES!!! I think we should totally dedicate an episode (Possible episode 2?) to dark matter and dark energy and black holes and things like that, since they are really very interesting. And yes! Beginning with the Big Bang/Bounce sounds like a good idea. ^_^
Also, since you know this style well, would you like to be captain of art or animation?
Yay! Can I be head of art as well as do some animating? ^O^

Past FPC ✮ Wiki Editor ✮ Artist ✮ Writer ✮ INTJ ✮ She/Her ✮ Ravenclaw ✮ Erudite ✮ Cabin 13

My ProfileScratch WikiScratch FAQ
Novakitty
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Spectrum wrote:

Novakitty wrote:

-Spectrum wrote:

Yay! Can I be head of art as well as do some animating? ^O^
Absolutely!

TheFarEnd
Scratcher
500+ posts

I actually wanted to be head of art. I was going to ask you sooner, but it's taken.

snow-cannon
Scratcher
37 posts

Hai! While I am not a super believer in science, I still love learning about it Could I be a Coder for this??? Pls?
when green flag clicked
forever

do everything in the right order
again
end

I am trying to become FPC! vote for me here: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/164271570/
I will give you an amazing quote if you ask for one on my profile
I will answer any questions people ask me, as long as they are Scratch Friendly
TheFarEnd
Scratcher
500+ posts

snow-cannon wrote:

Hai! While I am not a super believer in science, I still love learning about it Could I be a Coder for this??? Pls?
when green flag clicked
forever

do everything in the right order
again
end
Please Fill in the form. It's on the front page.

Last edited by TheFarEnd (May 29, 2016 12:43:34)

snow-cannon
Scratcher
37 posts

Username: snow-cannon
Nickname: S-C
Activity: Too much (pretty much all the time)
Skills: Coding and Cloud data
Preferred Job: Coding
Are you following the thread? Yes
A link to an example of your work:

Offline timer "https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/105498501/
☁ Mailing system ”https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/80503830/"

I haven't done much with timing other than the timer, but I've played around with it to some extent offline :3

I am trying to become FPC! vote for me here: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/164271570/
TheFarEnd
Scratcher
500+ posts

snow-cannon wrote:

Username: snow-cannon
Nickname: S-C
Activity: Too much (pretty much all the time)
Skills: Coding and Cloud data
Preferred Job: Coding
Are you following the thread? Yes
A link to an example of your work:

Offline timer "https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/105498501/
☁ Mailing system ”https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/80503830/"

I haven't done much with timing other than the timer, but I've played around with it to some extent offline :3
I don't know if I can accept you… because I'm only captain of communications, but for now I think you can join. I don't really know… ask Nova.

snow-cannon
Scratcher
37 posts

Thanks for letting me know

-LeafSong-
Scratcher
21 posts

Ack, here's a really bad and thrown-together-in-10-minutes composition. It's just a composition, made using Scratchblocks. Could a /real/ musician play it? I don't play guitar, but I can play the piano. I can play a part of the song if you want. https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/111766554/ Though I don't have a microphone.
I will fix the timings soon. It's just a draft of music for now.
MoonstarBubbles
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Spectrum wrote:

We should definitely do that! We can also do other theories about the start of the universe. (Search Big Bounce on google. XD)

(Nova, could I be an animator as well? :3 You can say no if you want.)

Last edited by MoonstarBubbles (May 29, 2016 14:19:05)

╔═══.☆☾.═════════════╗
~~~~~ᙢᗝᗝﬡᔕ☂ᗩᖇᖲ⋒ᖲᖲᒪᗴᔕ~~~~~
╚════════════════.☆☾.╝

Join this collab! ☾☆~ ᎪρᏂεℓ༏Ꮻ₪ ~ A Space Odyssey Collaboration~☆☽

Logo by @goldy_eyes
Novakitty
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Alrighty, it's nice to see the activity!

Snow-Cannon: Yes, your accepted! Welcome to the collab!

Leafsong: I'll check out that music in just a minute! EDIT It sounds great! I'll add you as a musician. Perhaps though, when we use your music for the episodes, you could find a way to record the blocks playing so that it's a sound and not sprites? Believe me, I support making music with scratch blocks, I do it a lot myself actually, it's just tricky because you need many sprites to act as an orchestra. XD

MoonstarBubbles: Yes! Definitely!

Last edited by Novakitty (May 29, 2016 18:37:21)

snow-cannon
Scratcher
37 posts

Thanks! what do I do?

Novakitty
Scratcher
1000+ posts

snow-cannon wrote:

Thanks! what do I do?

For now we don't have a great deal of assignments for coders, though in the near future I'm sure we'l have some things for you to do. For now, we're just designing the first episode, if you'd like to help throw some ideas into the pot.

snow-cannon
Scratcher
37 posts

Fine with me let me know when there is something to do.

stryer21
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ok WHat do I do right now