Discuss Scratch

ArimoTheReindeer
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Osomatsu-san (And Osomatsu-kun) Topic

BaconAndEggs1School wrote:

I know I'm, like, a month late, but what about that final episode? 100x better than worn-out baseball gags for half an hour IMO*. I'm incredibly happy the show's remained consistent this season.
*Look, I get the anti-climax is the big joke and in retrospect, it's a fantastic set-up/troll that really played off of much of the self-importance that fans would have guessed from the last scene of that penultimate episode and I appreciate it…but wouldn't it have been better if the episode was actually funny?
Nice to show Akatsuka in a manner that he definitely would've reacted. The guy was known for not giving an f about anything. When he announced to the world he had cancer, he was sipping whiskey. When he found novelty bootlegs of his shows, he purchased them. Given his behavior it'd be hard to portray him as his ol self without being accused of disrespect, but they handled it well I think.

I am but a simple cartooning reindeer who loves Fujio Akatsuka.
BaconAndEggs1School
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The actors for the English dub have finally been confirmed!

Thoughts?

ArimoTheReindeer
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I can see those voices suiting them, I'm just worried about Iyami, Hatabou, Dayon and so on

I am but a simple cartooning reindeer who loves Fujio Akatsuka.
BaconAndEggs1School
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm gonna BUMP this topic with some major news:
I forgot to mention this when it was first announced, but Osomatsu-san has had a movie made and it'll be premiering in Japan on the 15th (a.k.a. less than a week from now!).
On top of this, seven original shorts have been made in promotion of it and are slowly trickling out ahead of the release. I haven't seen any of them, but the press release states that they're all based around the lives of the sextuplets. The first impression I got was that they all get one episode each focusing on them plus a sort of get-together wrap-up episode to lead into the movie, but second thoughts have made me think that it could just be about them all in general. Anyone who can confirm on specific plot details would be much appreciated for their help.
Finally, they've made a short film focusing on Todomatsu and Iyami's voice actors trying to promote the film in France. I'm interested to know how many people there know about it.

Oh yeah, they've also made an official character creator on their website and all you need to know about it is that you can make this:

Big screen adaptations tend to be hit or miss, but with the sheer amount of content this anime's giving, I guess they never miss, huh?

enigmatic-
Scratcher
500+ posts

i kind of forgot about this topic and i've been putting off watching the second season for so long now. guess the new movie will finally make me watch it haha

yo