Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

MiscreantCompany wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

MiscreantCompany wrote:

I would advocate for emancipation from parents at 19
Why
This reminds me. Nicholas wants to be a lawyer. How would he get the job?
Nicholas wants to be a lawyer?
Lollygirl007
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

RainaERusch wrote:

MiscreantCompany wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

MiscreantCompany wrote:

Why
WHAAAAAT? Will that even make sense?

aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

RainaERusch wrote:

MiscreantCompany wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

MiscreantCompany wrote:

Why
Why?

Connectation
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Could I be Head Boy?
MiscreantCompany
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

aleynesansonnet wrote:

RainaERusch wrote:

MiscreantCompany wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

MiscreantCompany wrote:

Why
Why?
Because he's looking for a job and it seems to describe him (plus personal motives)

aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Because he's looking for a job and it seems to describe him (plus personal motives)
Hmmm Okay, unless rainbow or mega say no, I'd say you could just be a lawyer
Because of two things
1. The books would support it since Fred and George were 20 in the Deathly Hallows but living with, and obeying for the most part, their parents in Order of the Phoenix (at age 18) and began their shop after they turned 19
2. It would make sense for legal age to use magic as a full wizard to be age 17 since that seems to be when one's Magic is fully developed past learning new incantations. But the legal age for adulthood would be later because of the dangers of losing 17 year old magic wielders on the world before their brains are fully developed. Consequence-connectional brain development is in the stages of development between 19 and 21. If decisions were made by youth before they could accurately predict the risk of their choices would be detrimental to wizarding society–especially when the youth are used to being able to do everything and fix everything with magic.

So I support that parents/guardians should have some form of control over their youth before they turn 19.
I see your points and don't disagree

Last edited by aleynesansonnet (Oct. 21, 2016 02:27:01)

-Suspect
New Scratcher
12 posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Name: Joseph Andrew Mathews
House: Slytherin
Year: 6th

Patronus: Crow
Animagus: No

Personality: Witty, introspective, blunt, cynical and realistic, disorganized, a leader, intelligent
Appearance: Dark brown straight hair, strong features, green eyes, tanned skin, 6' 5'', athletic
Talents: Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts (He's good at the Dark Arts even though that seems stereotypical), Transfiguration
Weaknesses: Potions, Divination
Backstory: Joseph is a sacred (if allowed) pureblood from a long line of Slytherins. He is the oldest in his family and has 2 younger siblings (ages 6 and 10) His father died last year and his mother moved with his younger siblings to Scandinavia (they'll study at Durmstrang) leaving him to finish his education.
Other: Can he be on the Quidditch team as a Beater?
rainbow_waves
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

scratchtwins-691
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Are there any spots open for Head Girl?

"Side by side or miles apart, sisters are always connected by the heart."
aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

-Suspect wrote:

Name: Joseph Andrew Mathews
House: Slytherin
Year: 6th

Patronus: Crow
Animagus: No

Personality: Witty, introspective, blunt, cynical and realistic, disorganized, a leader, intelligent
Appearance: Dark brown straight hair, strong features, green eyes, tanned skin, 6' 5'', athletic
Talents: Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts (He's good at the Dark Arts even though that seems stereotypical), Transfiguration
Weaknesses: Potions, Divination
Backstory: Joseph is a sacred (if allowed) pureblood from a long line of Slytherins. He is the oldest in his family and has 2 younger siblings (ages 6 and 10) His father died last year and his mother moved with his younger siblings to Scandinavia (they'll study at Durmstrang) leaving him to finish his education.
Other: Can he be on the Quidditch team as a Beater?
Accepted

aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

scratchtwins-691 wrote:

Are there any spots open for Head Girl?
The spot is open

aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

aleynesansonnet wrote:

Because of two things
1. The books would support it since Fred and George were 20 in the Deathly Hallows but living with, and obeying for the most part, their parents in Order of the Phoenix (at age 18) and began their shop after they turned 19
2. It would make sense for legal age to use magic as a full wizard to be age 17 since that seems to be when one's Magic is fully developed past learning new incantations. But the legal age for adulthood would be later because of the dangers of losing 17 year old magic wielders on the world before their brains are fully developed. Consequence-connectional brain development is in the stages of development between 19 and 21. If decisions were made by youth before they could accurately predict the risk of their choices would be detrimental to wizarding society–especially when the youth are used to being able to do everything and fix everything with magic.

So I support that parents/guardians should have some form of control over their youth before they turn 19.
What do you guys think about this–I'd say yes

Lollygirl007
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

aleynesansonnet wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

Because of two things

He would hijack everything everyone has worked up to. Ehh… Actually I don't think so

MiscreantCompany
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Lollygirl007 wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

Because of two things

He would hijack everything everyone has worked up to. Ehh… Actually I don't think so
What do you mean?

aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

How can Cassia apply for emancipation from her guardian?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emancipation_of_minors

aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

aleynesansonnet wrote:

If we're operating under @MiscreantCompany's proposed rule

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

aleynesansonnet wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

I guess we could operate under that rule, as that's the age it looks like most of our characters will be graduating.

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

I guess we could operate under that rule, as that's the age it looks like most of our characters will be graduating.
Okay, well does any other character want to be a lawyer or something so Cassia doesn't have to move to Beauxbatons

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Maybe the candidate for emancipation should have to prove financial self sufficiency, as that looks like the average rule.

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you